Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly, as cold and bitter as it might sound, I've added people to my friends list in WoW that I just don't want to broadcast my D3/SCII/HS/(HotS?) playtime to. I just feel like one of those friends you have on steam who's constantly restarting Skyrim but you haven't talked to them in months.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post
    Some people just wan't to game in peace once in a while.
    Then you're playing the wrong game. Don't want to speak french ? Don't live in Paris. Want to game a lone ? Don't play an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Then you're playing the wrong game. Don't want to speak french ? Don't live in Paris. Want to game a lone ? Don't play an MMO.
    It's a battle.net request, not a WoW request.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Lmao you can't be serious. Obviously wow isn't geared for just multiplayer. There is a plethora of singleplayer elements. So we should be forced to talk because of socially challenged people who will take anything personally? No, that's a ignorant idea. Maybe someone is having a terrible day. They should have the right to appear offline. Even if his friends are insecure.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care if you know how much I play or when I play, but it does concern me that it concerns you so much. I don't care if you know that I don't go to parties, I'm 27 years old and am way past the point of caring about going to parties.

No, I've never gotten 15,000 tells when I've logged in, but when I was in a raid guild I did get a lot of tells with people wanting me to come tank things and they didn't care what I was doing. All for the greater glory or the guild or some nonsense. If I was on, I was expected to do things with guildies if they wanted. That was the rule, that was the rule for most guilds at the time. Guildies over everyone, The Guild over all. If I wanted to play WoW but I didn't want to play with other people that I knew, I had to roll a character on a different server and never talk about it, if I wanted to stay in a raid guild. Can't do that anymore because of Bnet tags and Real ID and such.

Now, I'm not in a hardcore guild, I have no reason to use the feature, but I don't begrudge someone for wanting it. *shrug*
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    You guys are acting like you are so popular. that everytime you log on 10000 friends message you talking to you.
    Yes I am. Deal with it.
    Personally I don't really care if such a feature ever comes around.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-03-05 at 02:34 AM.

We all know there's 1 reason and 1 reason only to want appear offline.

So your btag friends don't see you on your lvl 1 alt getting reamed by goldshire trannies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    How about if i want to do some dungeons on valentines day but everybody on my friends list is apparantly on a "hot date" aka Appear Offline.
    THEY DON'T WANT TO DUNGEONS WITH YOU!!! (or anyone)

Is that so hard to understand?

Talking

MMO means massive multiplayer online, not huge social network that I need to hang out with others. I don't join guild cause I don't care for their drama, I don't use trade cause it's filled with ANAL and thunderfury blessed blade of the windseeker. I would use the offline mode not to decieve my friends, but if I dont have alot of time to play, id rather play then spend said time explaining why I can't play with them at this particular time

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    THEY DON'T WANT TO DUNGEONS WITH YOU!!! (or anyone)

Is that so hard to understand?
    I do sympathize, but that isn't enough for people to really care. If your lonely find a parter. Male or female. Or try and make a friend, but to look to wow for stable friendships can be very difficult, and if people don't necessarily want to communicate that should be fine.

There already is a way to appear offline. It's easy.
    Vid on how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzwk0IdRdgw

Online friends are easy to ignore, sometimes I just say "k", "lol" and they'll stop talking. RL friends will start asking "what's wrong?" or even call you, sometimes you just have a bad day and want to grind some reputation or something and not have friends bothering you to get on skype and do dungeons.

I'm married, don't go to parties, and everyone knows I'm not the most social, even if I started making up stupid sh*t people would know it's not true.

i mean im not against them adding this i just dont personally have a problem telling my friends im not in the mood to do what they want to do, but understand that some people just cant do it for their "reasons". a bit off topic but some of you dont even seem to realize you can set a message with you DND busy or afk that will pop up when people whisper you.

Deleted
    I would love to have it so I can relax do what I want and be left alone for a few hours.

It can be annoying sometimes to constantly get requests and have to say no a 100 times before people get the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    The OP is clearly a teenager/(wo)man-child who hasn't learned about the world beyond high school, why are you guys even trying to justify yourselves to him/her?
    Implying that the "world beyond high school" is any different. High School never ends.

Not reading through 7 pages of replies to see if this has been said. Sometimes people have friends work that play and sometimes people call in sick and happen to play WOW all day...

Couldn't you just tell them you want to play solo? I imagine someone would have to go full retard indeed to not understand a simple concept like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I've been subbed continuously for 10+ years and I've never had my account compromised, as I'm sure many others also have not. Either way if someone steals your info and gets online they'll just ignore people and take all your shit without people knowing anyways, not like your friends are all going to be like "Hey I noticed you logging onto alts, are you hacked? Say nothing if you're hacked and i'll open a ticket that will be answered in 3 days time and they will save your account."
    I had this happen to me many years ago and it also happened to my friend and yes I had friends notice weird activity in-game such as my characters being in Ramparts for several hours without a break etc. Also, this was before the battle.net overhaul/real ID thing.

Concerning the subject I don't really care if they add such an offline feature or not. And like others have mentioned people can still see you ingame both in the world (perhaps in SW or Shrine lol) or they might have your toon on their friendlist or be in the same guild as the character you are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    Couldn't you just tell them you want to play solo? I imagine someone would have to go full retard indeed to not understand a simple concept like that.
    Well, there are people in this thread demanding you shouldn't be able to appear offline. Some of us don't always have the time/energy to deal with folks, even friends, who exemplify projection bias.

It's hilarious that folks in this thread are depicting exactly why some of us would like an appear offline option, in their demanding we shouldn't be able to appear offline.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Part of it is probably because they said it would be 'coming in the next few months' back in 2012.