Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Belgium did have more than that. If you actually read history books, you would know we've done a lot for a little country.
    You gave the world Jean-Claude Van Damme. Well done Belgium.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Black Heart of Africa :>
    The hanseatic league
    Not having a goverment is ok there
    French Frys
    Choclate
    Best way to cross border from the netherlands :>
    I don't like Belgium as much as the next guy but you can summary every country is such a lame fashion. Most people outside of Belgium don't even know "french frys" originated from Belgium...so I'm curious, where are you from? :P

Deleted
    Ireland ofc, We built half the countries in the world and populated the other half

Have a logic pie!

Europe probably.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I don't like Belgium as much as the next guy but you can summary every country is such a lame fashion. Most people outside of Belgium don't even know "french frys" originated from Belgium...so I'm curious, where are you from? :P
    I dont count life 100km from the border and know almost nothing about you^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    As an American you did not think of the UK or France? The USA would not exist were it not for these countries.
    Well, Columbus was Italian, it was he who popularized the idea of settling in the N. American continent, but much earlier than that it was the vikings. Yup.
    So UK and France are irrelevant.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You gave the world Jean-Claude Van Damme. Well done Belgium.
    Dem splits doe
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why Germany gets all the spotlight for things like Hitler :> Hitler wasnt even a German dude he was born in Austria so my vote goes to Austria <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Belgium did have more than that. If you actually read history books, you would know we've done a lot for a little country.
    Well Belgium had great renaissance and baroque artists, but that's about it. Scientific, political (some religious things aside), economical, musical and literal contributions have been very little considering the country has been densely populated in the heart of everything for all time. With that setting Belgium "should" have contributed more.

I'm from Finland and I can tell you that Finland practically didn't exist until 1850's or so. Nothing happened here, nobody did anything worth mentioning. Since then, a lot has happened. That's just how it is. Belgium has always been "in the background".
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    One of the only countries to actually have won one battle from the Roman empire, before getting slaughtered.
    Been called the bravest by Cesar himself.
    Had one of the biggest and first economies back in the Middle-ages.
    Was the 6th largest economy back in the 1900's.
    Had the most important harbor back in the Middle-ages, currently still very important.
    Sacrificed their lives in the world war to make sure Germany couldn't get to France as easily
    (knowing that they wouldn't even stand a chance).
    Knowing that we have one of the best social care systems in the world.
    Knowing that our people are among the people with the most capital.
    Praised schooling systems.
    Country that doesn't fall over without a government, while most countries can't even stand up with one.

I think Belgium achieved enough to deserve recognition for such a small country.
    I think we also created kitchenware that could be used in extreme temperatures for pole expiditions some time ago. What a great achievement that was, they were talking about for a week on the news. Just joking around, vary valid points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well Belgium had great renaissance and baroque artists, but that's about it. Scientific, political (some religious things aside), economical, musical and literal contributions have been very little considering the country has been densely populated in the heart of everything for all time. With that setting Belgium "should" have contributed more.

I'm from Finland and I can tell you that Finland practically didn't exist until 1850's or so. Nothing happened here, nobody did anything worth mentioning. Since then, a lot has happened. That's just how it is. Belgium has always been "in the background".
    Can't tell if serious or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Can't tell if serious or not.
    Well, compare Belgium vs Netherlands vs Denmark. There are quite a big differences regarding historical achievements.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Ireland ofc, We built half the countries in the world and populated the other half! No other country comes close

Have a logic pie!

Deleted
    Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    But if we can, why not be? I just don't understand (and really dislike) UK's euroskepticism.

why doesn't the whole world become a superstate if we can?

What country are you from? U.K pays 40 million pounds a day to the EU, im sorry that you dislike us though.

The EU is undemocratic, with unelected leaders paid ridiculous salaries with severe totalitarianism facist elements.

Deleted
    Seems like your education system didn't happen before the 1850's either, by the amount of things you know about belgium..
    Probably knows more about the Netherlands :>

UK, France, Italy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird. I call it Great Britain...
    Great Britain is in the UK, but Great Britain is not the UK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well, compare Belgium vs Netherlands vs Denmark. There are quite a big differences regarding historical achievements.
    Not really, sounds to me like whoever thaught you history just skipped Belgium. I don't blame you though, there is plenty of history that is left out in different countries (Belgium will be no different). It's pretty much about priorities for a country compared to other countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Currently, or historically?

If the latter, the British Empire; It's hard to deny it's previous influence when it was ruling a quarter of the world, and a fifth of it's population.

Currently though, i'm siding with Germany, the U.K is vastly diminished from its former power and influence but is still wielding considerable influence.
    "Fame" not power and influence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    "Fame" not power and influence.
    makes no sense. power + influence = fame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird. I call it Great Britain...

Remind me again why knowledge of Belgium is important in the grand scheme of things?
    It's not. I think we are just pointing out that ignorant Belgiums achievements is retarded if you want to actually view the grand scheme of things. In the grand scheme as you like to point out you view everything, and don't leave out countries because you have heard less of them.