Deleted

This is why youtube sucks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26482293

Could Minecraft make Stampy millions?

41 minutes ago

A gamer who uploads videos of himself playing games such as Minecraft to YouTube has been able to make his passion a full-time job, with money from pre-roll adverts on his clips.

Joseph Garrett, 23, from Hampshire, makes the videos under his pseudonym Stampylonghead. He started uploading clips while he was still at university and now gets more hits on some of his videos than One Direction and Justin Bieber.

What is even more remarkable is that his audience is largely comprised of six to 14-year-olds.

He spoke to BBC Breakfast about the Stampy phenomenon.

seriously why is this kid making money on youtube playing games when i try and make videos and get paid all i got was flagged for copyright and banned from addsense why arnt people like this flagged for copyright they dnt own minecraft and shouldnt make money off it pisses me off shit like this and all this guy does is act like a complete wanker in his videos anyways

Deleted
    Don't be jealous it is not a good look. Be glad that the guy can make a living doing something he loves, Not too many of us have that

TLDR: "I am jelly".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    Don't be jealous it is not a good look. Be glad that the guy can make a living doing something he loves, Not too many of us have that
    Someday people wont be watching minecraft videos on youtube, and then he will be a 41 year old unemployed guy with no marketable skills and then we will have to support his ass on welfare. Since he never held a real job, nobody will hire him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    seriously why is this kid making money on youtube playing games when i try and make videos and get paid all i got was flagged for copyright and banned from addsense why arnt people like this flagged for copyright they dnt own minecraft and shouldnt make money off it pisses me off shit like this and all this guy does is act like a complete wanker in his videos anyways
    I think it's awesome that he can live off his hobby.

I guess it depends on the game you're playing (Minecraft is an Indie game and Mojang actually needs/needed that kind of promotion) and if you use copyrighted music or stuff in your video. Or you just had bad luck.
    I guess he also works for a youtube network that takes care of bullshit copyright claims and stuff.

Don't be jealous, that's a one-in-a-million case, there are not many people who can make the jump from making videos in his/her free time to a full-time job.

Deleted
    I think this thread needs to be locked.

People get jealous over other people making successes of themselves and try and find ways to belittle him.

Awful people. Thread reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh jealousy... You sweet poison...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Someday people wont be watching minecraft videos on youtube, and then he will be a 41 year old unemployed guy with no marketable skills and then we will have to support his ass on welfare. Since he never held a real job, nobody will hire him.
    Ooooor he will work for a large gaming network, like Adam Sassler...

Man I'd hate to see how the OP would react had he accidentally stumbled upon something called 'twitch.tv'..

You had too much jelly beans?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26482293

Could Minecraft make Stampy millions?

41 minutes ago

A gamer who uploads videos of himself playing games such as Minecraft to YouTube has been able to make his passion a full-time job, with money from pre-roll adverts on his clips.

Joseph Garrett, 23, from Hampshire, makes the videos under his pseudonym Stampylonghead. He started uploading clips while he was still at university and now gets more hits on some of his videos than One Direction and Justin Bieber.

What is even more remarkable is that his audience is largely comprised of six to 14-year-olds.

He spoke to BBC Breakfast about the Stampy phenomenon.

Mojang has said anyone is free to make minecraft videos and profit from them. Not all game companies have this policy.

In short if you want to make money from youtube don't use copyrighted material without permission.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Man I'd hate to see how the OP would react had he accidentally stumbled upon something called 'twitch.tv'..
    Oh I want to see this, especially his reaction to how the girls do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, OP is jealous.

AD-block. Nuff said

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all,i need a shower there is jealousy jizz all over this room.

Secondly im sorry to say but kids these days are very very sad and all they want to do is follow some guy or girl whos famous like a sheep because its "cool" even adults are accused of this also with the twatfest of sadness that is Facebook and Twitter. Seriously if i hear another "#awkward" or "oh i tweeted on justin beibers profile he is uber cool" i will seriously fucking kill some bunnies!