Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Why didnt you just read the blueposts or the other 3-4 threads before you made a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol really? xD Some people, You're wrong, It took zero effort to remove them, because they were never in the game to be removed, It's not hard to see,they had a meeting, Maybe, But even so, it still took no effort to remove something, that was never there to begin with, it would however, have taken effort to add them.
    Yes, 5 minutes for an intern to copy paste with "100" instead of "90".

Compared to the likely 10-30 minutes of a team of higher ups. BUT THIS IS 0 EFFORT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Bad publicity for a "new" game is my guess.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yes, 5 minutes for an intern to copy paste with "100" instead of "90".

Compared to the likely 10-30 minutes of a team of higher ups. BUT THIS IS 0 EFFORT.
    Well you just showed us all you don't know what you're talking about, Lol

And you're still getting confused, You said originally it takes no effort to remove, you were called out on this, and you're now trying to change it to deciding to not implement, two very different things, if you don't have the integrity to stand by what you originally said, it's better to not say anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well you just showed us all you don't know what you're talking about, Lol

And you're still getting confused, You said originally it takes no effort to remove, you were called out on this, and you're now trying to change it to deciding to not implement, two very different things, if you don't have the integrity to stand by what you originally said, it's better to not say anything at all
    Or you could focus on the actual argument instead of trying to wash it away with pedantic-isms. My point (which you very well understand) is that it would take no effort to change because it would've been done automatically if not for the decision to axe it, and it would've taken nearly no time. None of even know if they were already made or not, but it's obvious implementing a single quest would be significantly more work.

The fact that people in a position high enough to make decisions got together and decided to discuss removing this was the waste of time. People either say "it caused lots of people to play unhealthily" or "it didn't affect many people anyway" - guess what? Both can't be true. The latter is true and the former is pure BS which can be shown with how short the race is every expansion, and that the race will continue even if MMO decides not to report it this year (at request from blizzard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    they didn't remove them... they just didn't add them... so it took 0 effort on their part.

Actually the tech was already there to do it. Putting them in would take more effort than replying to all the posts and posting about not adding them. Checkmate.

We organized a 20 way tie for realm first. We didn't exploit anything. It was a lot of people working together to help each other.

Removing realm firsts solves zero problems as most competitive players will be racing to 100 regardless. They just took away a very nice perk for those who worked on it and decided to play with others.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

Those 10-15 hours which people will play unheathily for regardless, GJ blizz.

Removing these achievements took more effort than just leaving them in. Seems ridiculous and won't change anything.
    Now they no longer have any in game incentive to play that way. The move can be seen as blizzard not advocating such behavior where as in the past it can be seen as if they encouraged it. ZERO effort to not include it. Its not like it is automatically coded within the system. Kudos to blizzard for finally doing this. Perhaps the hardcore grinding/asshole mentality in the leveling process of WoD would go away, if not a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    We organized a 20 way tie for realm first. We didn't exploit anything. It was a lot of people working together to help each other.

Removing realm firsts solves zero problems as most competitive players will be racing to 100 regardless. They just took away a very nice perk for those who worked on it and decided to play with others.
    In all honesty it might be a legal issue. I can definitely see someone doing that and feeling "compelled" to play a very unhealthy way because they are addicted. I can see a judge ruling in favor of a family that lost a loved one due to that.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    This.

Would you prefer realm first achievements over a raid tier?
    Yeah why the hell not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Its just so sad. Everyday blizz will water the game down more and more untill we are all exactly the same. Removing the delta between the high end and low end players. Some like that...not I. O well. What can ya do
    Yes, being interested in some meaningless FoS at the cost of basically skipping an expansion makes you "high end". Some of us took 2 weeks to complete MoP Loremaster before even starting endgame and are currently 14/14H. Not everyone is a number-whoring power-gamer with an unhealthy relationship with the game and not everyone who tries to get their moneys worth from an expansion is "low end".

People with realm-first claims in this thread should provide proofs.
    Realm first achievements removal = less motivation to join the race = guide most players to play the game the way it's designed to be played.
    Sure peeps will race, just less peeps do so.

Removing these achievements took more effort than just leaving them in. Seems ridiculous and won't change anything.

You're right, it would take more effort to remove something that doesn't exist than just adding them.

Because you first cannot remove that which does not exist. Therefore they'd have to add something that doesn't exist. Then they could remove it, at which point you became correct.

However, since they're not adding them you're just flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Right so whats the problem? Noone is forcing YOU to play that way. Whats with the whole communist attitude. If I dont want it noone should have it. Such BS
    Yes, I'm apparently a Communist now and someone named Noone is forcing me to play. Did we enter the Twilight Zone or am I being drugged secretly?

The way I look at it, it's because of the connected realms. Since they are considered 'one' but still technically seperate. Take the challenge mode server best time, one Realm holds it for all the connected ones. There's not much individuality within the realms now.
    Last edited by Jabin; 2014-03-08 at 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Instead of implementing shared EXP and loot for shared mobs/quest, regardless of grouping.

This is why I hope WoW will die asap.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    As I said in another thread.. Are you guys willing to race-change to Panda or troll for the experience bonus-racial? Noo? Then good riddance it's removed!

10+ Year Old Account

Hasn't there been cases of exploiting with just about every new expansion since they added those achievements?

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    In all honesty it might be a legal issue. I can definitely see someone doing that and feeling "compelled" to play a very unhealthy way because they are addicted. I can see a judge ruling in favor of a family that lost a loved one due to that.
    In what kind of fucked up country would that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by santrin View Post
    Really doesn't matter because that all will still happen, with or without the FoS
    5 or more people helping one person to get to 100 first just cause they think he's awesome, not for an achievement? Hardly. That's why.

This thread seems kind of silly, they didn't axe it because 'implementing it was a hassle' but for philosophical reasons because of what people tend to do when rushing to the realm first achievements.