Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Regarding Jimmy vs Chuck, I think the fact that every character is at times the hero, and at other times the villain is a defining characteristic of Breaking Bad so, it makes sense that this show would follow the same trend. I think the complex characters is what makes the show.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The definition of altruism is literally self-sacrifice with no intention of reward.
    No it isn't. Altruism is concern for the needs of others, which is a concern that only exists because your needs are served through others; it is a thing that cannot exist (at least not for very long, except as a parasite on a society overwhelmingly dominated by reciprocal altruists) without the expectation of reciprocation.

And if you want to talk "unconditional" altruism etc, an "unconditional" or "strict" utilitarian wouldn't accept any sacrifice if there was another way to maximize their personal utility. That's why I differentiated it as "strict" utilitarianism from the various forms of utilitarianism we see in our society, like the philosophy of capitalism, which has rules and regulations even in it's most laissez-faire forms.
    There's nothing "personal" about utilitarianism. A utilitarian can self-sacrifice for no personal gain just fine if they believe it accomplishes some goal more important than the maximization of their own personal utility (such as for their family, or their society, or their politics or ideology). In any case, reciprocal altruism would accomplish even the purely personal concern just fine, through the process described in my previous post.

"The ends justifies the means" is pretty much antithesis to our legal society, and the development of Western morality except in the most extreme of cases (war being a notable example, where the killing of another person is justified by some larger national policy goal). Your example of imprisoning people being the "ends justifying the means" is nonsensical, the "end" itself is imprisoning people because they broke the social contract, and is moral under most systems. It is not a means to prevent some nebulous, uncertain "end" that you're conjecturing about.
    What? Are you insane? The ends of imprisonment isn't imprisonment... I would've through obviously. Our goal isn't to fill our prisons, which is just sadism, nor is it to imprison people who break the social contract without further qualifications. Our goal - our ends - is the recuction of crime - to reduce violations of the social contract. Imprisonment is a very extreme means to those ends, accomplished through the direct removal of violators from the population. If we could equally reliably accomplish the same ends through less extreme means, we would. It's also not "nebulous" or "uncertain"; it's utterly unambiguous. I don't know how you could even construct an argument so disingenuous as to suggest confusion about this at all.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    [video=youtube;e_3WzxpdUc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3WzxpdUc0[video]
    I-Is that a trailer?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I-Is that a trailer?
    Added yesterday, you might call it a massive hint at S3.

Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I think we all guessed who set the car horn to blow, but now I feel like we just confirmed it. So hyped
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Fuck yeah, get hype for Gus!

Season 3 premiers on Monday at 10 PM. I've seen commercials for it on TV.

I should rewatch episodes to catch up. I kinda forgot where we left off...

15+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 premiers on Monday at 10 PM. I've seen commercials for it on TV.

I should rewatch episodes to catch up. I kinda forgot where we left off...
    ooh I finally.

I kind of have forgotten, too. There was something with him and his brother....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I kind of have forgotten, too. There was something with him and his brother....
    Jimmy admitted to Chuck he had forged some files to diminish Chuck's credibility in some law suit. Chuck recorded the confession however.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-04-06 at 10:11 PM.

I'm reluctant to rewatch the episodes. It's a drama so there's a lot of dead time where you study the characters actions and expressions. I think it's really fun to watch one episode at a time, weekly, but binge watching doesn't sound too friendly.

I think. I don't remember that much...I mean, what Beste said, ya now I sort of remember.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm reluctant to rewatch the episodes. It's a drama so there's a lot of dead time where you study the characters actions and expressions. I think it's really fun to watch one episode at a time, weekly, but binge watching doesn't sound too friendly.

I think. I don't remember that much...I mean, what Beste said, ya now I sort of remember.
    I absolutely despise watching series one episode per week. That's why I always wait for the season to end and binge watch them then. Binge watching makes you more immersed and engaged in the story and you actually remember and understand better what the hell is going on. If you need to wait for a week you probably forget half of the things that happened in the previous episode.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I absolutely despise watching series one episode per week. That's why I always wait for the season to end and binge watch them then. Binge watching makes you more immersed and engaged in the story and you actually remember and understand better what the hell is going on. If you need to wait for a week you probably forget half of the things that happened in the previous episode.
    I don't like binge watching 10/10 shows.

1. I find it more enjoyable to break the episodes up so I have something to look forward too each week.
    2. With binge watching, you lose all suspense because you're just going to watch all the episodes immediately. Week-by-week keeps the suspense alive.

Remembering isn't that big of an issue for me.

I mean, obviously I still have to binge watch shows that I get into that are already on like season 3 or w/e (sometimes, not frequently), but I wouldn't wait until a season is done just to binge watch at once. That's too extreme.

I prefer when a show gets all the episodes released in one go on Netflix or similar but if it's once per week I won't wait to binge. I like being able to talk about the show during the week and not have to dodge spoilers for 2-3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

2h 50m until episode starts. Just turned AMC channel on so I'm watching the reruns. I hope I catch up in time cause I still don't remember much.

- - - Updated - - -

God this show is fucking amazing. I'm watching the reruns and I'm bewitched.

- - - Updated - - -

After the episode there's an episode of Talking Saul. I guess it's an interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow this aftershow is amazing. Hearing the actors explain stuff really puts things in perspective and enriches the show and makes me see it in a way I wasn't even thinking.

Episode was fucking lit.

Mike scenes are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Mike scenes are the best.
    They said in the aftershow how Mike basically has a separate show to himself at this point, lol. Mike is fun to watch because he's serious and smart and in drama, not speaking and watching character actions is fun.

Watching him tear that car apart was pretty cool. Him meeting and fooling the tracker to get a tracker on the guy tracking him was sneaky too.

On the Saul side, RIP Saul in present day cinnabon. Chuck is an asshole like usual, but the biggest problem I see is this war general or w/e who is going to sue Jimmy. When they showed his part in the "recap of last time" in the beginning of the episode, I knew he was going to be a problem. I don't see why Jimmy couldn't be nice to him and explain why he needed the thing. He talks nicely to old ladies who need wills, but not a young military trained officer who wants him to get taken down? Seemed retarded.

Actually, Kim's actor said in the after show that that was the first time Jimmy acted like Saul. I didn't make the connection until she said it.

As for Kim...uhm. Yeah she's working hard. She's not gonna let some legality typo fuck with her like 1216 did with Chuck.

Poor Ernesto, he just want to work but he is between these 2 guys, chuck wanted that ernesto hear the tape, the whole woops you werent suppose to hear that was bullshit, he want that ernesto tell jimmy about the tape, then jimmy will feel bad about ernesto and do something stupid to help ernesto.

And yeah mike is a boss.

Season 3 isn't getting as much attention on MMO-C as the previous seasons did...

New episode tonight. I'm excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg our beloved characters both fell into traps today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jimmy! You done stupid! Again!