Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

which profession do you think is best for "SOLO"ing dungeons^^

hey guys( and girls)

saw here in forum some ppl said they 3 manned or 2 manned AC - it was hard but they did it
    so i know you will be downlvled from 80 to dungeonlvl but you have the gear from lvl 80 - so what you guys think?

will it be possible to solo AC (the easy mode) with full geared lvl 80?
    which proffession will be best for it?
    Last edited by mmoc6f3817dca5; 2012-08-01 at 03:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the dungeons scale. and Nope, your gear caps

...and I'll believe that one person that said they 2 manned or 3 manned it when I see a video - just sayin'! If that was possible there'd be vids all over youtube.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-08-01 at 10:14 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You won't be soloing dungeons.
    ^^ what he said

Deleted
    we will see^^

There is no we will see, you WILL NOT be soloing dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    we will see^^
    If you think you can do it then more power to you. You are more then welcome to prove the rest of us none believer wrong.

Who ever has the most cc and push backs, you wont be able to take constent damage unless the dungeon is massively under tuned , in which case it wont really be an achievement. Maybe a ranger due to pets otherwise guardian.

Deleted
    Lol, you can duo Ascalon catacombs with a sub-bar gear. I'm sure with top lvl gear (even with scaling) you'll be able to solo it easily.

Elementalist, Guardian or Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    Lol, you can duo Ascalon catacombs with a sub-bar gear. I'm sure with top lvl gear (even with scaling) you'll be able to solo it easily.

Elementalist, Guardian or Warrior.
    you can? that's impressive. Can I see proof in this? images or pics will do....

I won't say you can't ever solo any dungeon as a particular class using an OP spec. That has yet to be proven impossible.

But you won't be out-levelling them as you do in WoW. If the dungeon is level 20, you will be level 20, irrespective of your actual level.

i find it highly unlikely that dungeons will be soloable and if it happens expect it to be buffed pretty soon after

It will depend on the dungeon, and it will depend on the skill of the player. I don't think gear or level will play much of a role, but they will help (more HPs and Traits). However, unless each dungeon has a specific mechanic that requires more than one person (like AC's 'Lovers' fight), then I would not be surprised to see someone eventually solo a dungeon. It is inevitable.

Deleted
    It will happen. Some people are just too good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    hey guys( and girls)

saw here in forum some ppl said they 3 manned or 2 manned AC - it was hard but they did it
    so i know you will be downlvled from 80 to dungeonlvl but you have the gear from lvl 80 - so what you guys think?

will it be possible to solo AC (the easy mode) with full geared lvl 80?
    which proffession will be best for it?
    I did AC with a full group and even on story mode it was not exactly easy. I'll believe that you can underman it when I see it done in a video and not before.

There is no way to solo them, not a chance, and gear is not all that in this game, its important yes, but there is a limit to it, and as you scale to instances you cant overpower them.

Solo might be tough but if you had a good build and max gear-- a Elementalist stands the best chance of soloing story mode dungeons. Exploration mode might be out of the question regardless of class due to the high amount of CC you would need to soak. However, that might change so it's tough to predict.

And yes, story mode is easily duo'd. My brother-in-law and I duo'd sAC at level 30 and 37 respectively. Screenie.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-01 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Arenanet added the downscaling system for a reason so no, it won't be possible.

Even though you down scale, you still keep a statistical advantage by having higher levels/gear. Arena.net even said it outright.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-01 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Even though you down scale, you still keep a statistical advantage by having higher levels/gear. Arena.net even said it outright.
    not to the point where you can solo instances.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    And yes, story mode is easily duo'd. My brother-in-law and I duo'd sAC at level 30 and 37 respectively. Screenie.
    I can run in and take a screenie of myself at the start of an instance.
    Vid of you clearing it please or I dont buy it.

Can't retroactively go back and FRAPs. Also if you look you can see we already cleared the room and tripped the boss that spawns. So we were well in the process of clearing and not merely "running in for a screenshot". Not to mention others were able to duo story mode on the forums and gave feedback.

Also having higher level gear is pretty significant even with downsclaing. As a level 50+ the gear I had allowed me to shred past zones and do most of the heavily lifting in xAC. Which we ran as a group several times.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-01 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    thief dual pistol stealth build;
    might be able to solo it, kite + stuns and alot of aoe options.