Poll: Should UK leave EU ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The EU started life as a trade club, it wants to be a Federal State, both of these things are good idea, unfortunately at the moment we are stuck somewhere in the middle with all the bad of both and none of the good of either. The EU is one enormous money pit and we might as well waste the money by putting it into a trash compactor and launching it at Russia. If the EU reverted to a trade club and dropped the whole parliament and eurocrats or if we dispensed with national parliaments and just had the EU one I'd say it was a great idea but until that day I'd vote out, it costs far more than it generates in benefits and the laws it creates are ridiculous, especially the labour laws, working time directive etc. 40hour week, which moron dreamed that up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    The EU started life as a trade club, it wants to be a Federal State, both of these things are good idea, unfortunately at the moment we are stuck somewhere in the middle with all the bad of both and none of the good of either. The EU is one enormous money pit and we might as well waste the money by putting it into a trash compactor and launching it at Russia. If the EU reverted to a trade club and dropped the whole parliament and eurocrats or if we dispensed with national parliaments and just had the EU one I'd say it was a great idea but until that day I'd vote out, it costs far more than it generates in benefits and the laws it creates are ridiculous, especially the labour laws, working time directive etc. 40hour week, which moron dreamed that up!
    40 hrs week, I agree it's too much.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

British referendum is illegitimate.
    I mean, if Crimea referendum is illegitimate according to Obama and EU, then the British one is also illegitimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I think the UK should stay but accept that their are rules...
    Dude, you can't even spell "there're", how can you even speak on such matter.

Pretty sure the lack of customs duties and import VAT tax far outweigh whatever you pay in tax to the EU mate. Unless you dont consumate anything made in any other EU nation, which sounds unlikely.

Lets take danish bacon for example, I think you get some of that (they got a ton of pigs in Denmark, lol), if you would pay the trade duties for this, you would end up with €86.90 per hectokilogram.

https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/commodities/0203195530 (not sure if bacon is a ham?)

As a EU member its grand total of €0.00

Now the UK wouldnt have to have the same trade tariffs of course, The big food producing countries are extremely protectionist when it comes to food produce... but youd still have to pay import/export duties and VAT of some sort... making that bacon more expensive in the grocery store(because you can bet your ass that the company selling with raise the price to make up for the loss of revenues).
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-03-09 at 09:20 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    The UK should leave the EU as soon as possible, not because of any dislike I have against the UK (being half British myself) but because as sooner this monstrosity collapses the better. The EU despite what the mayority is told and apparently willingly ready to believe does not benefit the people in general and is inherently undemocratic. The one's profiting from it the most are big international corporations and the so called elites, everyone below that, not so much.

All the supposed positive aspects are offset by a hell of a lot of negative ones, which are constantly being covered up. The EU wont last indefinitely to begin with, the recent crisis which hasn't really ended yet but is merely held in check by slowly draining the richer EU countries to cover the debts will wreck it eventually anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    I mean, if Crimea referendum is illegitimate according to Obama and EU, then the British one is also illegitimate.
    The UK is a sovereign state Crimea isn't. Bad comparison is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Pretty sure the lack of customs duties and import VAT tax far outweigh whatever you pay in tax to the EU mate. Unless you dont consumate anything made in any other EU nation, which sounds unlikely.

Lets take danish bacon for example, I think you get some of that (they got a ton of pigs in Denmark, lol), if you would pay the trade duties for this, you would end up with €86.90 per hectokilogram.

https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/commodities/0203195530 (not sure if bacon is a ham?)

As a EU member its grand total of €0.00

Now the UK wouldnt have to have the same trade tariffs of course, The big food producing countries are extremely protectionist when it comes to food produce... but youd still have to pay import/export duties and VAT of some sort... making that bacon more expensive in the grocery store(because you can bet your ass that the company selling with raise the price to make up for the loss of revenues).
    False fallacy right there. You imply that trade treaties and the likes aren't possible without the EU, that is very much in itself an outright lie. We had trade treaties and tax free trading way before the EU and we don't need to the EU to keep these things. The EU is in fact only harming a lot of things since it introduces a lot of unchecked bureaucracy that's currently running rampant and actually driving costs up through all kind of meddling and "expert comittees" who are constantly creating new rules and even more bureaucracy.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2014-03-09 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    That's not even vaguely similar. Even Scotland voting to leave the UK isn't the same. Both would have to request the right for self-determination before proceeding, or have it written into a pre-agreed law. The Crimea hasn't done so from Ukraine, hence it has been called illegitimate.

Wales having a referendum to leave England without the consent of the Westminster Parliament would be closer, but they can't be arsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The UK should leave the EU as soon as possible, not because of any dislike I have against the UK (being half British myself) but because as sooner this monstrosity collapses the better. The EU despite what the mayority is told and apparently willingly ready to believe does not benefit the people in general and is inherently undemocratic. The one's profiting from it the most are big international corporations and the so called elites, everyone below that, not so much.

All the supposed positive aspects are offset by a hell of a lot of negative ones, which are constantly being covered up. The EU wont last indefinitely to begin with, the recent crisis which hasn't really ended yet but is merely held in check by slowly draining the richer EU countries to cover the debts will wreck it eventually anyway.
    It benefits anyone who exports/imports anything from another EU country. Id be taxed just for ordering a couple of records from decks.de just to take one example, not to mention as it is now you can exploit currency differences for anything (shoes/clothes whatever), as long as shipping dont make you skint. Lol

And when large corporations do well all the small subcontractors increase their order takes as well. Who do you think they sell their goods/services to, fucking batman? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    False fallacy right there. You imply that trade treaties and the likes aren't possible without the EU, that is very much in itself an outright lie. We had trade treaties and tax free trading way before the EU and we don't need to the EU to keep these things. The EU is in fact only harming a lot of things since it introduces a lot of unchecked bureaucracy that's currently running rampant and actually driving costs up through all kind of meddling and "expert comittees" who are constantly creating new rules and even more bureaucracy.
    I dont imply anything, as you might notice I pointed out that the UK wouldnt necessarily have to pay the same trade duties.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-03-09 at 09:39 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...