Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    i will tell you again, because i know that you lack the brain power to understand it , that I dont have to quote anything for you...
    if ppl want to know how full of shit you are they just have to look at your posts.... its that easy
    So I'm wrong, but you can't tell me how. Got it. You're all about evidence but so far I have presented more than most.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-10-14 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    No, it's not a logical conclusion. It's conspiracy theorist doomsdayers crying that sky is falling.
    I agree, it isn't logical conclusion. As text basically says it, need to be blind to not see, that unless vast majority of players leaves due to no-flying, then they might consider adding it back. It wasn't written "we will possibly add it back in one of future WoD patches", which still wouldn't sound promising, but it is much better than "only when sky will fall".

What they should consider though: losing something is easier than gaining something.
    Easy to break, harder to fix.
    Easy to lose, harder to gain.

Deleted
    i hope it stays away, flying is ruining Wpvp and exploration tbh, in vanilla you always had the trill/ the feeling you could get jumped at any time, that made the game so much better imo. nowadays all you do it go to Point A get quest, fly up and do quest at point B...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    i will tell you again, because i know that you lack the brain power to understand it , that I dont have to quote anything for you...
    if ppl want to know how full of shit you are they just have to look at your posts.... its that easy
    He doesn't realize that behavior isn't exhibited through just what you explicitly say. It's like telling a person with dementia that they are not who they think they are; it's just not going to work.

OT: Tell me how the no-flight is in a month guys. Because I am still extremely wary of their new garbage policies regarding the game (i.e. going backwards through time to Vanilla gameplay-wise, and BC lore-wise.)

Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    i hope it stays away, flying is ruining Wpvp and exploration tbh, in vanilla you always had the trill/ the feeling you could get jumped at any time, that made the game so much better imo. nowadays all you do it go to Point A get quest, fly up and do quest at point B...

I know a lot of people think flights removal from current questing zones will change the face of wPvP, but (outside of the few relatively balanced PvP realms) I doubt this will have any noticeable impact.

There will be a few weeks of glory at first, because there always is when everyone is grounded, but then things will get back to a relative normal.

Taking flight makes getting away from wPvP tougher, but it also makes it take longer to get to it when something happens, so there will be less overall opportunities.

Garrison play will push people away from the world, providing a few less opportunities.

And let's face it, unless there is a stellar turnout for WoD, there will be less people even subbed for this expansion than ever before (meaning less people in the world to wPvP). Server merges will offset that a bit, but since I have not seen a lot of threads about the impact of them on wPvP realms, I suspect not much has changed.

Deleted
    world pvp ? "hey look theres a guy killing mobs and hes low on hp lololololol"

world pvp is dead since battlegrounds patch

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    world pvp ? "hey look theres a guy killing mobs and hes low on hp lololololol"

world pvp is dead since battlegrounds patch
    Although the topic has zero to do with no-fly, because they decided no-fly for other reasons, you're wrong. World PVP was a thing in vanilla long after battlegrounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af8V3EE-bdw
    One Sweet Dream

Are you really this ignorant? Most of the popular pvp servers (and most of them in general) are heavily faction imbalanced.

Blizzard does not turn on CRZ in the new zones because chances are great, your server fills them anyways. So flight or no flight, I'm fairly confident I wasn't gonna get jumped by the 12 registered level 90 horde on my server.

That pvp daily on the island of thunder? Yeah those were freebees for me, and my biggest concern was mob competition with my fellow alliance.

Keep living in the world of make believe fella, where wpvp still happens on anything but a handful of server IF that.

So that leaves "exploration" which, after 10 years...isn't gonna land you much in the way of a surprise, unless your IQ is low enough that you get the giggles because blizzard named a frog after a simpson character from 1 episode...

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm wrong, but you can't tell me how. Got it. You're all about evidence but so far I have presented more than most.
    Well for starters your thinking "wpvp" but I keep telling you that there are 12 registered horde on my fucking server. That the pvp quest chain on the isle of thunder was a daily freebee done in less than 15 minutes...

But you seem to livin in some magic fairy tale fantasy that suddenly no flying is going to create about 10000 horde on my server! CRZ doesn't get turned on in the new zones fella, they are heavily populated with my servers alliance faction so let that fucking sink in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Although the topic has zero to do with no-fly, because they decided no-fly for other reasons, you're wrong. World PVP was a thing in vanilla long after battlegrounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af8V3EE-bdw
    No...pretty sure that beyond the odd douche bags back then running around being douche bags...nobody cared about wpvp because it's nothing but a waste of time.

You know? that waste of time which is the main excuse you wanna cough up for a reason as to why you couldn't use a ground mount this whole time because that' was secretly your "preferred" travel method?

anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Are you really this ignorant? Most of the popular pvp servers (and most of them in general) are heavily faction imbalanced.

Blizzard does not turn on CRZ in the new zones because chances are great, your server fills them anyways. So flight or no flight, I'm fairly confident I wasn't gonna get jumped by the 12 registered level 90 horde on my server.

That pvp daily on the island of thunder? Yeah those were freebees for me, and my biggest concern was mob competition with my fellow alliance.

Keep living in the world of make believe fella, where wpvp still happens on anything but a handful of server IF that.

So that leaves "exploration" which, after 10 years...isn't gonna land you much in the way of a surprise, unless your IQ is low enough that you get the giggles because blizzard named a frog after a simpson character from 1 episode...

- - - Updated - - -

Well for starters your thinking "wpvp" but I keep telling you that there are 12 registered horde on my fucking server. That the pvp quest chain on the isle of thunder was a daily freebee done in less than 15 minutes...

But you seem to livin in some magic fairy tale fantasy that suddenly no flying is going to create about 10000 horde on my server! CRZ doesn't get turned on in the new zones fella, they are heavily populated with my servers alliance faction so let that fucking sink in.
    \.
    Yes, let's design the game around other broken parts of the game. Your server being imbalanced is the problem.

Yes, let's design the game around other broken parts of the game. Your server being imbalanced is the problem.
    You are still under the belief that my server is the only one with a 2:1 or great ratio imbalance???

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realms...ort=ServerType

There go look for yourself. The players have spoken. They don't care about fucking wpvp. They've effectively removed it from the game by themselves having turned almost every server that matters into a ratio of 2:1 or worse.

Nobody cares about wpvp because it offers no fucking in game rewards. It's a waste of time. Get it? A WASTE OF FUCKING TIME.

So maybe blizzard should actually, you know...take notice of what their player base is doing, and how they play this game...and start designing content around their behaviors instead of trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

If you want players to partake in wpvp...then you need to offer up incentives like flying mounts (woops not those things) enchants, gear or gold. Something tangible that makes my playing with you worth my time.

But hey, it's not like I've fucking said this before...and yet you still think "holy shit now there will be world pvp!!!!"

It's like your doing the best brick wall impersonation, ever!
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-10-15 at 02:42 AM.

Deleted
    You are still under the belief that my server is the only one with a 2:1 or great ratio imbalance???

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realms...ort=ServerType

There go look for yourself. The players have spoken. They don't care about fucking wpvp. They've effectively removed it from the game by themselves having turned almost every server that matters into a ratio of 2:1 or worse.

Nobody cares about wpvp because it offers no fucking in game rewards. It's a waste of time. Get it? A WASTE OF FUCKING TIME.

So maybe blizzard should actually, you know...take notice of what their player base is doing, and how they play this game...and start designing content around their behaviors instead of trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

If you want players to partake in wpvp...then you need to offer up incentives like flying mounts (woops not those things) enchants, gear or gold. Something tangible that makes my playing with you worth my time.

But hey, it's not like I've fucking said this before...and yet you still think "holy shit now there will be world pvp!!!!"

It's like your doing the best brick wall impersonation, ever!
    Post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy detected.

Ever thought WHY world pvp took a nose-dive? Because you don't actually meet players in the open world any more! And Blizz designing the game to suit the players whishes, hmmm, lets see...that train of thought brought us "great" things like: Irrelevant 5man content ("cuz dem dungeons soooo hard!"), the "Whackamole-Style" of healing ("Cuz oom sooooooo not fun!") and the LFR dropping T-sets and raid weapons/trinkets ("Cuz me pay for game, me have right t get gear lelelel!").

I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy detected.

Ever thought WHY world pvp took a nose-dive? Because you don't actually meet players in the open world any more! And Blizz designing the game to suit the players whishes, hmmm, lets see...that train of thought brought us "great" things like: Irrelevant 5man content ("cuz dem dungeons soooo hard!"), the "Whackamole-Style" of healing ("Cuz oom sooooooo not fun!") and the LFR dropping T-sets and raid weapons/trinkets ("Cuz me pay for game, me have right t get gear lelelel!").

I think not.
    It took a nose dive because when a player logs on, they want to...you know...do shit that's gonna progress their character. WPVP doesn't do anything like that. It took a nose dive immediately after battlegrounds came out. That is to say, TM and SS were ghost towns, cause everyone was in a battleground farming honor because it was faster that way.

So yes while it had the odd douche bag farming low level characters or other "easy picking targets" it was dead. It mattered not...it's only point is to be a dick inside the game. That's it. That's it's draw. "how can I be a dick?" And to be honest, their are far better ways to be a dick in this game than with WPVP.

You put me on the ground, guess who I'm gonna run into? Hint: it's not 1 of the 12 registered horde on my server.

I dunno how I can be more clear about this;

ISLE OF THUNDER HAD NO FLYING AND A PVP DAILY QUEST CHAIN AND I STILL RAN INTO ZERO HORDE.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-10-15 at 02:53 AM.

No...pretty sure that beyond the odd douche bags back then running around being douche bags...nobody cared about wpvp because it's nothing but a waste of time.

You know? that waste of time which is the main excuse you wanna cough up for a reason as to why you couldn't use a ground mount this whole time because that' was secretly your "preferred" travel method?

anyways...
    Holy shieeet.

How do you even connect those?

Ever tried balet? I think you have a talent for it considering the amount of spinning and mental gymnastics you had to do to spew out piece like that.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    How so? Selling a ground mount only seems fair enough to me. The cash shop can do what it likes IMO.
    It can be used to its full potential everywhere, unlike the ground one. Since we're talking here about one specific mount (Mr. Iron "Hurtle down from the heavens" Skyreaver), cutting its wings just so Blizzard won't look like it's deceiving its customers is retarded.
    Last edited by Ninepenny; 2014-10-15 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    Holy shieeet.

How do you even connect those?

Ever tried balet? I think you have a talent for it considering the amount of spinning and mental gymnastics you had to do to spew out piece like that.
    Your asking me how I connected wasting time, with...wasting time?

Your asking me how I connected wasting time, with...wasting time?
    Someone who does wpvp doesn't consider it a waste of time maybe?

Please, don't go on me with your "go straight ahead" formal logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    Someone who does wpvp doesn't consider it a waste of time maybe?

Please, don't go on me with your "go straight ahead" formal logic.
    Which, judging by the state of the pvp servers...doesn't seem to be a great deal of players.

Let me ask ya, did they add in incentives for me to want to do wpvp? No? Than why the fuck would I wanna waste my time with it? Sell me on it.

Which, judging by the state of the pvp servers...doesn't seem to be a great deal of players.

Let me ask ya, did they add in incentives for me to want to do wpvp? No? Than why the fuck would I wanna waste my time with it? Sell me on it.
    You're really just going downhill. You don't like WPvP, we get it. Don't try to speak for anyone other than yourself. And I'm assuming you deny that flying has any negative affect on WPvP. I'm guessing you can't be swayed on that belief, so why don't you just drop the subject?

FYI, flying isn't being removed for WPvP, it's just a happy side effect.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-10-15 at 03:36 AM.

You're really just going downhill. You don't like WPvP, we get it. Don't try to speak for anyone other than yourself. And I'm assuming you deny that flying has any negative affect on WPvP. I'm guessing you can't be swayed on that belief, so why don't you just drop the subject?

FYI, flying isn't being removed for WPvP, it's just a happy side effect.
    You really are a miracle. I showed you a link that shows most of the pvp servers have a 2:1 or worse faction imbalance, and you still have this dream it's gonna be happy side effect?

Hoooo boy.

You really are a miracle. I showed you a link that shows most of the pvp servers have a 2:1 or worse faction imbalance, and you still have this dream it's gonna be happy side effect?

Hoooo boy.

Let it go, it's a losing argument. You're already past the point of arguing that flying hurts WPvP to where you have to argue how no one wants to PvP or whatever reason it's not going to happen. It's all irrelevant.
    Flying, hurts, WPvP. That's all that matters on this subject. Other problems are other problems.

And btw, about half of them have less than 2:1 ratio, most of the other half are 2.x:1, and there are a a handful of severe imbalances. So yea, WPvP is till plenty viable. Especially considering it happens on PvE servers as well, which people like to forget.
    Also again, arguing against WPvP=/=Arguing against no flight in WoD.

EDIT:

Oh, and here's another trade screenshot from just now

I'm not even the one that asked this time.
    Sure is funny how not even one person is against it every time someone mentions no flying in WoD..
    It's almost like...people are for it..no...can't be..

If there are really no pros, why in the FUCK are there several people supporting it every time someone asks?

And screw it I'll throw this video in again for good measure(skip to 7:10)

A person talking about the underwhelming feel WoW has had since flying mounts. And talking about it before all of this became a topic..suggesting that there is truth to it and that it isn't only an issue because Bliz has brought it up.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-10-15 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Is your sole purpose is to upset and flamebait people everywhere? Will be some off-topic, but:
    1. PvP was always just an afterthought in WoW, and PvP servers were a bonus. People who wanted PvP, they played UO where ffa PvP made such an unbearable community, it killed all the good aspects of the game.
    2. Irrelevant 5-men content. There is just so many wrong this, and i only pointed at klike 10% of what was wrong in your claims.
    3. Whackamole-Style of healing. Healers didn't oom since TBC unless they were undergeared, didn't care or because dps tried to tank.
    4. LFR dropping infinitely inferior versions of items from what is actually BiS? Forgot freaking TBC with badge vendors? "Welfare" pvp gear? Tiers for emblems in WotLK/Cata?
    Stop misinforming people how game played before, i briefly touched that subject in different thread already. I participated in some of those "epic" Tarren Mill and Westfall battles. You know how they started? From idiotic grieving by some high level N00bs, who coulld only kill people 40+ levels below them and kept doing that continually, which was causing reaction, and that reaction - chain reaction. but for people actually leveling it was disrupted gameplay. That's unless you rolled on PvE server and /lol at similar n00bs trying to ninja flag you.

Also if you want serious discussion, pseudo-elitist remarks don't help. True elitists don't use ellipsis without space, they don't rely on sarcasm to deliver their point of view, they try to keep constructive talk and they try to follow the thread instead of jumping in the middle of it and bring the same completely idiotic arguments. You added nothing in this discussion except implying that "all pro-flyers are noobs and l2p", basically spitting in face of millions of people who enjoyed introduction of flying in TBC. Even with Brandon talk happens to be quite civil. I sincerely hope you will get banned, even if I will get infraction for this phrase.