Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Are you able too? I feel like the game is in a much better state without flying. (progression)
    Its not progression just because you personally like it. I saw a car last year driven by an old man that had a bumper sticker on it that said, "Prohibition now, Prohibition forever.' Prohibition caused more problems than it solved including the rise of organized crime in the U.S., but I am sure that guy thought that prohibition would make his ideal america a better place.

Taking flight out is actually regression, regressing to its previous state. I know you like it, but that doesn't make it progression by any virtue other than your own opinion. In my opinion there is nothing past max level after a month or two that is damaged by flight, not treasure boxes with resources or useless gear or rare spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    You mean the PR speeches? The cute little narratives that purposely painted a bad picture, but did nothing to explain why the problems were unsolvable. Those don't address some very important issues....the most important being: Why remove instead of fix?
    Because it's easier and faster to design maps and content when you know your players are stuck on the ground. It's not rocket science dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Taking flight out is actually regression, regressing to its previous state.
    No, it's not. WoD never had flying so we haven't gone "back" on anything.

Adding flying to a world designed for ground mounts would be regression. Regressing to the state of allowing flying despite a world built on the contrary.

How did they fail?
    No flying not making max level enjoyable being on the ground only. Flight paths are still Nap time enducers or AFK shit breaks. It's a fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Drubomb View Post
    In my opinion pre-cataclysm was the better versions of WoW and for the most part there was not flying haha, so i'm ok with it. Draenor is pretty small anyway

What are you talking about? Pre-cataclysm had 2 expansions and both had flying. Hell, WoTLK had better flying for alts.

Now, if you're talking about flying in the old world, that was some extra icing on the cake but flying in relevant content is what most are talking about. Though, I do doubt many would want to give up flying in the old worlds either. Man travel in those lands sucks ass without flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    They went far out of their way to make sure no flight wasn't an inconvenience.
    Bullshit. Out of their way would have been making stables an additional freebie building like the mine, herb garden, and fishing shack. Or, just put the stages of mounts into the garrison level itself and save the stables for rare mount collections. Going out of their way would have been replacing flight paths with portals, or ramping FP speed up to 600%, or having a stone that teleports you to the next hub like the timepiece Chromie gives you to get you out to Timewaste Isle. Defending Blizz must be getting old by now.

Kinda like if we told everyone you need to see the country and not from the air and reverted all travel back to ground only. That would suck too like it does in wow.

Reverting back to ground only is a devolution of the game. There is a reason over time travel time got better and why it evolved. It's because it was needed. Going back on it now just makes blizzard look incompetent in their ability to evolve the game. People do want progression. Riding on the ground only after 7+ years of flying is not progression
    Comparing real life travel options to video game travel options is silly, life =/= a video game. The purpose is entirely different. And just to clarify, WoW still has the exact same methods of travel as the real world. Flying on a passenger airplane or train is exactly like a flight path. Real life doesn't have an option similar to personal flying mounts, unless you know of a travel option that allows for people to step outside, jump onto a flying animal/ machine fly wherever you want and then park your flying companion in the middle of a crowded area.... personal airplanes and such still require airports or otherwise designated areas for take off and landing.

Also, to play devils advocate and counter the WANT vs NEED argument... if people who want flight for exploration.... if you really WANTED to explore, you would do it on a ground mount.

I can understand being upset at having an exploration option removed, but you can still explore if you wanted to.

Bullshit. Out of their way would have been making stables an additional freebie building like the mine, herb garden, and fishing shack. Or, just put the stages of mounts into the garrison level itself and save the stables for rare mount collections. Going out of their way would have been replacing flight paths with portals, or ramping FP speed up to 600%, or having a stone that teleports you to the next hub like the timepiece Chromie gives you to get you out to Timewaste Isle. Defending Blizz must be getting old by now.
    Complaining about no flight must be getting old by now.

I like to still see that the anti flying crowd STILL has zero argument other than their personal opinion
    Isn't that all the pro-flying crowd has? The whole argument is subjective so it's all just personal opinion. the game is running fine without flying, so the only thing people can argue is whether they like it or not, and there are people on both sides of that fence...which makes this entirely subjective.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2014-11-25 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to still see that the anti flying crowd STILL has zero argument other than their personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No flying not making max level enjoyable being on the ground only. Flight paths are still Nap time enducers or AFK shit breaks. It's a fail.
    I've never been on a flight path long enough to AFK to do much of anything. Still you're describing what flying mounts were anyway. Point arrow to destination and auto walk. It's only a fail to you. Speak for yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post

Adding flying to a world designed for ground mounts would be regression. Regressing to the state of allowing flying despite a world built on the contrary.

They changed a standard of design to something that was standard in the original game before expansions. Adding something is never regression. I think you need to look up what that word means.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm enjoying the living shit out of being on the ground at max level.

Also, you have two hearthstones on 15 minute cooldowns; how are you spending enough time on flight paths to give a shit how long they take? I maybe take one FP per day...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Adding something is never regression.
    Adding something that used to be there and isn't anymore is exactly the fucking definition of regression dude.

WoD doesn't have flying.

MoP did.

Adding flying to WoD would be a regression.

Sorry, words mean things.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Shut up about defending Blizz. Blizzard haters and Blizzard white knights are one of the same with just a personal agenda to fulfill without any regard to the actual situation. I'm not defending Blizz, I'm defending good game design.

I'm glad we can both agree on the weight of the subject.. So why are you so upset over no flying again?
    Because removal of flight completely gutted most of our freedom to move around the game world. I can't go where I want to. I can go where they steer me with terrain, or on the same few paths they've mandated for taxis.

Blizzard hasn't shown in any capability that stripping us of this freedom is going to be paid back with better a better game. Treasure hunting, and trying to force world PvP (which is a joke, I leveled on a PvP server and the most world pvp I saw was dickass lvl 100 rogues ganking fresh lvl 90s, or people accidently AOEing each other when fighting rares) don't even come close to making up for the loss of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Because it's easier and faster to design maps and content when you know your players are stuck on the ground. It's not rocket science dude.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that in the beginning we had no flight, right? Then they added flight. You can't progress back to the way things were in the begining, it is tantamount to saying, "First we lived in caves, then we built houses and planes, then we progressed back to caves."

Quote Originally Posted by dizzzave View Post
    Because removal of flight completely gutted most of our freedom to move around the game world. I can't go where I want to. I can go where they steer me with terrain, or on the same few paths they've mandated for taxis.
    Liar.

You can literally go anywhere you want to go that is meant to be traveled to right now. You just don't want to. You don't want to be inconvenienced.

Flight is a non-issue in PVP realms in comparison to the real problem behind world PVP, PVPers dont like to loose and so they jump ship to a server with thier faction being the bigger faction.

One PVPer says flight causes pvp bombs that run away from retribution while another says flight allows them to escape senseless and endless ganking.

One PVPer said this week that lack of flight meant they couldnt find someone who ganked them to pay them back, essentially making world pvp harder. They tripple teamed him and by time he got back to his body with his friends in tow they were gone. No pvp.

The big problem in open world PVP is not flight, its how people want to gank but not be ganked so they stack the deck by going to another server and pvp ends.

I've never been on a flight path long enough to AFK to do much of anything.
    Thats funny. If you've been on any flight path you've been on one to long and easily long enough to go AFK.

The very second I click a flight path I left the game. I knew from the start of it there is no reason for me to be there. The game will play itself without me.

That wasn't fun or entertaining.

Still you're describing what flying mounts were anyway. Point arrow to destination and auto walk. It's only a fail to you. Speak for yourself.
    It's called personal preference. Kinda like what you're talking about so you might also want to speak for yourself.

If that was your preference to do on a flying mounts have at it. I would not tell you to stop. I doubt many followed your pattern and nor did I. Way to many things for me to see and stop at that might catch my eye that a flight path simply cannot do in a forced route. (without back tracking anyway and what a waste of time that is)

SNIP....
    You don't want to be inconvenienced.
    At least you know it's an inconvenience.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-11-25 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Like it or not WPvP still happens on PvE servers. No matter how much you' like to discount it with personal experiences. And WPvP has exploded on PvP servers, as predicted. It has never been a secret that flying hurt WPvP.
    This wpvp excuse is interesting. I play on pvp server and haven't seen any attempt or anything remotely wpvp even when no one is flying. (Stormreaver-eu that is) Maybe i just have been wrong place and not where the action is (mostly during leveling and at the beginning when i did some rare hunting).

Liar.

You can literally go anywhere you want to go that is meant to be traveled to right now. You just don't want to. You don't want to be inconvenienced.
    Now you are jumping the shark, he's not lieing, you may not like what he says but in no way shape or form is he lieing. Show him how to get to the top of the Hyjahl world tree without flight so he can see what the top branches look like and then he would be a lier. Maybe he wants to see what the mantid tree looks like in the top branches to admire the art placed there which you cant see from the ground. Maybe he wants to sit on top of a spire and look at the beautiful spires of arak from above.

You need to come to terms with the ideal that not everyone plays like you and they enjoy flight for perfectly acceptable reasons and you just happen to disagree with them. Calling him a bold faced lier jumps the shark of reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The big problem in open world PVP is not flight, its how people want to gank but not be ganked so they stack the deck by going to another server and pvp ends.
    Several weeks ago I transffered to server where Horde heavily out-numbers Alliance, why? Because WPvP. Even yesterday when I was leveling up my battle-pets in Frostfire Ridge... since I want that Garrison building open... I got attacked by several Hordes, and killed almost all of them. If flight would have been enabled, some of them would have been able to flee, but since it isn't, they couldn't escape as their ground mounts are slower than mine.

When I hit a flight path I go to my second screen for netflix or facebook, if its a long flight I will go use the bathroom. There is nothing more immersive in wow than when my eyes are on facebook. If I have to put my attention somewhere else to deal with the boredom of flightpaths then removing flight for the purpose of immersion is shot in the face.

If I can escape all dangers in a level 100 zone by simply running my mount in a straight line then the escuse of removing flight for the sake of danger is shot in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Several weeks ago I transffered to server where Horde heavily out-numbers Alliance, why? Because WPvP. Even yesterday when I was leveling up my battle-pets in Frostfire Ridge... since I want that Garrison building open... I got attacked by several Hordes, and killed almost all of them. If flight would have been enabled, some of them would have been able to flee, but since it isn't, they couldn't escape as their ground mounts are slower than mine.
    Im glad it worked out for you, but as I said for some flight works, for others it doesnt. Flight isn't the real answer/problem facing pvp servers, its the culture of abandoning a server to join one where you will win easier. Flight in porprotion is a tiny problem and one that can be solved with a pvp server ban that doesn't effect PVE servers. In the least all the flight haters might flock to those servers to truly enjoy ground mounts since it makes the game so jim dandy.

Ok, here is my opinions after week of no flying:

- No flying really sucks in FFR and Nagrand, not as much in other places
    - Travel time seems shorter, I don't know why, I thought Draenor is a big place but yet it feels smaller than any other expansions
    - Landscape is better during flight
    - I don't feel any more dangerous compared to flying era, PVE wise I can pretty much escape most of the time (especially in Nagrand with wolf of guarenteed escape), PVP wise it is easier to be ganked but there aren't many gankers in Draenor (compared to TI which was clusterfuck of censors)
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-11-25 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic