Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Saying that you agree with me would have saved you a lot of time.. Because thats pretty much all you did.
    That is some "interesting" mental gymnastics if you think I was agreeing with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Because a flying mount scrapping its arse on the floor/walking like a chicken looks retarded? I cannot ride any of my proto drakes or alar as they look stupid while running along the ground. I would argue for flights speed to be restricted to a lower amount so it does not offer a huge advantage over ground mounts in terms of viability. Me being able to fly does not enable me to do content faster as flying does not help me kill dungeon/raid bosses any faster. Hell have it set so you can only land your flying mount at certain areas if its a gameplay issue with how players deal with objectives.
    LOL!

I gotta admit this is the funniest reason offered so far

But in all seriousness dont u think its just a case of adjusting your hotkeys?

Or maybe Blizzard could program the mount key so u can set a ground mount and flying mount which summons the correct mount in the correct zone?

I am actually looking forward to see if our rare heroic raiding mount drops are awesome land mounts... its about time an awesome land mount was added to this game. Flying mounts have had all the attention! :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    HE hasn't said shit. Some of the anti-flight crowd have made some compelling arguments in favor of no flight. HE is not one of them. So since you are not him, and he has not answered my question, I'll just wait.
    And yet u havent offered 1 good reason to add flying... its up to the 'i want flying' side of this argument to give us a good reason to add flying.

And so far every single reason offered is simply players wanting to do content faster. So that means we havent had any good reasons to add flying to WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Real RPG players would ride on a ground mount to that town, Search for some routes to go there. Find ways to deal with the guards, trying to sneak behind other warbands and finally get to the boss.
    That would be fun once... maybe twice.
    If it becomes a daily activity it's just meaningless tedium.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    LOL!

I gotta admit this is the funniest reason offered so far

But in all seriousness dont u think its just a case of adjusting your hotkeys?

Or maybe Blizzard could program the mount key so u can set a ground mount and flying mount which summons the correct mount in the correct zone?

I am actually looking forward to see if our rare heroic raiding mount drops are awesome land mounts... its about time an awesome land mount was added to this game. Flying mounts have had all the attention! :P
    Actually, if I understood you correctly, that's how it works. My favorite mount key only pops ground mounts on Draenor, but when I go to Azeroth it immediately pops a flying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That would be fun once... maybe twice.
    If it becomes a daily activity it's just meaningless tedium.
    Yes, I agree, but Blizzard is putting a lot more eggs into that basket. Why? Because the game is changing. Not only in unexptected (instanced) shows but even in the randomness of loot you acquire while playing...

Think of it: Why do you see many resemblences between open world WOD and Timeless Isles mechanics ?

As a matter of fact NO ONE expected Timeless Isles mechanics would have flying EVER.

WOW changed a lot already from the game it was 8-10 years ago.

Blizzard decided flying at level 100 would not be good for the game as it is.

I fully agree.

Oh look: you want : I need to kill the boss of that town on the Hill. Let's fly till I can land right on top of him and get the loot (whatever the level).

Real RPG players would ride on a ground mount to that town, Search for some routes to go there. Find ways to deal with the guards, trying to sneak behind other warbands and finally get to the boss.

Tiime saved: 10 minutes.

Fun for the flying mount fan: big fat zero.

Scores of WOD would thumble by 25% just by including flying mounts.
    No truescotsman? please don't go there! Most MMO players mount up and ride to the objective anyways ignoring the guards and just nuking the NPC. Some players might see a way of doing what you said but they are almost certainly a minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet u havent offered 1 good reason to add flying... its up to the 'i want flying' side of this argument to give us a good reason to add flying.

And so far every single reason offered is simply players wanting to do content faster. So that means we havent had any good reasons to add flying to WoD.
    And trolling confirmed. I won't bother speaking with you again since you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion other than exaggerations and bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    No truescotsman? please don't go there! Most MMO players mount up and ride to the objective anyways ignoring the guards and just nuking the NPC. Some players might see a way of doing what you said but they are almost certainly a minority.
    If you ride in solo and pull all the mobs you die. Unless you out level everything of course, in which case the time save is a non argument anyway.

Get over it: Timless Isles is ALL over the place in WOD and that what makes the game greater.

The Lead Designer of WOD is superior in what he created than any previous expansion effort (yep that includes TBC).
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-11-26 at 03:10 PM.

Oh look: you want : I need to kill the boss of that town on the Hill. Let's fly till I can land right on top of him and get the loot (whatever the level).

Tiime saved: 10 minutes.

Fun for the flying mount fan: big fat zero.

Scores of WOD would thumble by 25% just by including flying mounts.
    For someone who claims they want this to be a "MMORPG" your knowledge of the genre is apparently the equivalent of jack and shit considering the plethora of MMORPG's that offer flight and/or fast travel.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    For someone who claims they want this to be a "MMORPG" your knowledge of the genre is apparently the equivalent of jack and shit considering the plethora of MMORPG's that offer flight and/or fast travel.
    Fast travel is a joke in any MMORPG where it is used massively.

That's why they all lost subscriptions, went free to play and had the life expectancy of a one day fly.

You better play COD then and have loading screens everywhere. At least these loading graphics screen games have better pre loaded graphics too.

You have NO clue about open world MMORPG play.

Go play shooters or other loading graphics screen games then.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-11-26 at 03:15 PM.

If you ride in solo and pull all the mobs you die. Unless you out level everything of course, in which case the time save is a non argument anyway.

Get over it: Timless Isles is ALL over the place in WOD and that what makes the game greater.

The Lead Designer of WOD is superior in what he created than any previous expansion effort (yep that includes TBC).
    What utter drivel, I did this the entire time I was leveling and had no deaths. The only time I died was when I jumped off a cliff and died. I blame my cat for this as he distracted me by sitting on my keyboard. When I was leveling I would read quest text go to where I needed to go and not give a fuck about mobs aggro, I would simply deal with it when the time came.

Fast travel is a joke in a any MMORPG where it is used massively.

That's why they all lost suscriptions, went free to play and had the life expectancy of a one day fly.

You better play COD then and have loading screens everywhere. At least these loading graphics screen games have better pre loaded graphics too.

yeah that's why they lost subs... but thanks for proving what i said about your knowledge of the genre correct...

That's why they all lost suscriptions, went free to play and had the life expectancy of a one day fly.

If thats your argument that fast travel and flying killed the games, WOW should have died long ago given we have had flying longer than we have not had it.

I'm not sure you could be more wrong then you are now.

You don't seem to have a clue about gaming as a whole with that line of thinking much less MMO's

10+ Year Old Account

you are making some large assumptions - please do back that up with evidence that directly links decrease in sub numbers to flight as the sole cause for those games to go f2p and a reduced life expectancy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBloke101 View Post
    you are making some large assumptions - please do back that up with evidence that directly links decrease in sub numbers to flight as the sole cause for those games to go f2p and a reduced life expectancy.
    dude he's totally right. it's 100% flight and fast travel. Look at wildstar. that game had neither, and it boomed to unpresidented heights. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    yeah that's why they lost subs... but thanks for proving what i said about your knowledge of the genre correct...
    Your genre is the GW2 genre: loading graphics screens to avoid designing mounts and other means of transportation all together.

it is the poor man's solution to instanced game play.

Let's jump through a portal for EVERYTHING and save 70% of world design.

You might as well play a dungeon crawler and call it an MMORPG too.

It simply shows you belong to the ADHD generation of gamers, but don't call yourself an MMORPG player.

Been a video gamer since 1979 and a wargamer since 1977. So I a have a LOT of years on you young paduan.

And ALL I say is: Blizzard NAILED this expansion perfectly , INCLUDING NO Flying mount in the first 6 months.

Great.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-11-26 at 03:21 PM.

The adventure in WOW doesn't stop when reaching lvl 100.
    Woo the adventure of running through a 43754389 mobs, aggroing them all and ignoring them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And trolling confirmed. I won't bother speaking with you again since you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion other than exaggerations and bullshit.
    The expected response of someone without any valid points to add to this discussion.

Your genre is the GW2 genre: loading graphics screens to avoid designing mounts and other means of transportation all together.

it is the poor man's solution to instanced game play.

Let's jump through a portal for EVERYTHING and save 70% of world design.

You might as well play a dungeon crawler and call it an MMORPG too.

It simply shows you belong to the ADHD generation of gamers, but don't call yourself an MMORPG player.

Been a video gamer since 1979 and a wargamer since 1977. So I a hot a LOT of years on you young paduan.
    Blanket statements, calling people ADHD for liking certain things and doing no true scotsman call outs earlier. I think this guys someone we can ignore.

LOL!

You have... you just choose to not hear them. BTW... flying has been in game for 8 years now... we aren't asking them to add it... we already have/had it... we want the removal of a core game mechanic to be reverted. Blizz makes stupid decisions all the time and the playerbase reminds them of it and it's reverted. That is what is going to happen here.

One good reason? I want it. I enjoy it. I hate that it's gone and the game for me and many others has much less attractive without it. I have already canceled one sub.. and once i see some raid action will cancel this til next raid expansion. There's a bunch of "one reasons" for you.