Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Simply answer.. The game is healthier without flying
    This is true. Unfortunately theres problems with WoD that pro flyers like to arbitrarily bundle with no flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    This is true.
    Again

DEFINE healtier!
    If you can't: stop spouting Blizzards PR bullshit to make you feel better.

I have seen neither more players active (compared to Mists daily zones that HAD flying) nor more player interaction as such.
    People still do their own thing and get pissed if you even dare to place a trap under a mob they have already trapped or taunt their mob into their own trap because they struggle to kite it correctly.

wPvP is nonexistent on PvE servers, hell I had more wPvP trying to take Halaa for the 2 Talbuks (got currency from garri missions) than I have seen PvP action during leveling / collecting treasures / doing Apex dailies in the first 2-3 weeks.

No flight added exactly *zip* to the game. Well except that derp jumping GR/DE mats collecting "minigame". Good riddance.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2015-01-06 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Simply answer.. The game is healthier without flying
    I'm not sure you could be more wrong making that statement.

Removing flying didn't help wow. If what you claim had any truth to it blizzard would remove it entirely and that didn't happening. Even blizzard knows how important flying is both on a business end and gamer end. Thats why you have things that mimic flying and flying mounts are still being sold.

No flying just hindered you from getting to where you wanted to go. Thats not healthy at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how all the fan boys are saying WoW is the best its ever been.

Funny. . . . . my Battle.net friends list went from 30 people playing WoD daily. . . . . . . . to 2 people, always AFK in Garrison.

LuLz. MUCH IMMERSION! SUCH CONTENT! WOD GREATEST!

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I love how all the fan boys are saying WoW is the best its ever been.

Funny. . . . . my Battle.net friends list went from 30 people playing WoD daily. . . . . . . . to 2 people, always AFK in Garrison.

LuLz. MUCH IMMERSION! SUCH CONTENT! WOD GREATEST!
    I don't think anyone has said that. The problem is certain people look at the situation in black and white. Why do you think your friends list became more inactive? Do you honestly think everything in this game hinges on the ability to fly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you honestly think everything in this game hinges on the ability to fly?
    Of course not. But given the fact that no flying hasn't added anything to PvE server environments, questioning the reasoning behind- and usefulness of it's removal is valid.

Deleted
    I don't think anyone has said that. The problem is certain people look at the situation in black and white. Why do you think your friends list became more inactive? Do you honestly think everything in this game hinges on the ability to fly?
    He's not saying that. Content is an issue. Removing flying doesn't provide more immersion because there is no content to be immersed in the world. The game is garrisons and raids. So why Blizzard removed flying is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing flying was supposed to
    1) MUCH IMMERSION!
    2) SUCH WORLD PVP
    3) `MAZING EXPLORATION
    4) GRAND PLAYER INTERACTION

None of that happened, quite the opposite. GG WoW, you had a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Of course not. But given the fact that no flying hasn't added anything to PvE server environments, questioning the reasoning and usefulness of it's removal is valid.
    I'm really enjoying treasure hunting, far more than if it was all done in straight lines with flying mounts.
    I enjoyed TBC and Cata difficulty heroics.
    I didn't enjoy MoP daily grinding but I know that some people did.

Remember the game doesn't have to be designed to provide ho-hum content for the maximum amount of people, sometimes Blizz try something that a few people love whilst most find too difficulty/time consuming. That's not necessarily a bad thing - it just means that if too few people like the less-easy way it won't be seen again. Where no-flying fits in to this I don't know (and despite insistence on both sides of the argument nobody knows except Blizzard who get to see what everyone is doing whilst they play) but personally I hope enough people are out engaging with the world for Blizz to design around it in the next expansion.

I hope it NEVER comes back, not in 6.2 or 6.3 but NEVER.

The game is better without it.

None of that happened, quite the opposite. GG WoW, you had a good run.
    Hey look, WoW's dead (again). Pretty certain putting flying in the game killed it too, along with every other change :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Hey look, WoW's dead (again). Pretty certain putting flying in the game killed it too, along with every other change :-)
    I know right, because when they added flying in BC, subs started to DROP like a rock! AMIRITE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    I hope it NEVER comes back, not in 6.2 or 6.3 but NEVER.

The game is better without it.
    By 6.2 or 6.3 I think most folks who wanted to do the stuff will have done it so making everything easier for those who just want to hoover up the achievements shouldn't be an issue, like when they used to nerf raids in some way to make sure most people got to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where no-flying fits in to this I don't know (and despite insistence on both sides of the argument nobody knows except Blizzard who get to see what everyone is doing whilst they play) but personally I hope enough people are out engaging with the world for Blizz to design around it in the next expansion.
    Well lack of content obfuscates that kind of data right now and makes it really hard to get to any logical conclusion.

I know right, because when they added flying in BC, subs started to DROP like a rock! AMIRITE?!
    I like the way you talk in really dated memes ^.^

And subs started to drop in Wrath, continued dropping in Cata and also dropped in Mists, all of which had flying.

Implying it had ANYTHING to do with flying is, well, retarded.

"Hey guys! Come and play this awesome MMO-RPG, It's excellent and stuff!"

"Does it have flying?"

SAID NO ONE EVER.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone ask that silly question if the box had "FLYING" all over it?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why would anyone ask that silly question if the box had "FLYING" all over it?
    When was the last time a game came in a box?

10+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time a game came in a box?
    For me? Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    For me? Wrath.
    Me too! Actually I got SW:tOR in a box, but I'd decided to buy it before I saw the box.