Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why would anyone ask that silly question if the box had "FLYING" all over it?
    Well his point flew gloriously over your head.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    It can't be - there's no flying.

The increase in subs in TBC was exclusively because of flying.
    It was the main selling point of the expansion.

PILOT FUCKING FLYING MOUNTS right there with a huge image of the dragon above the mediocre "battle to level 70"
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2015-01-06 at 04:46 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

PILOT FUCKING FLYING MOUNTS right there with a huge image of the dragon above the mediocre "battle to level 70"
    Well if we're playing that game; where's my fucking dance studio??

'Main selling point' - oh dear lord...

- - - Updated - - -

It happens a lot.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry, but ... no.
    Main selling point was Outland.
    Flying was A selling point, that's for sure, but saying that TBC only gained subs because flying is BS and you know it.

The heart of this is a sentiment that flight represents some sort of hand holding for more casual players and it makes posters feel better about themselves to rip on anything they deem casual. It's more remove LFR make purples epic again nonsense.

Flying is what distinguishes the great games from the mediocre ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm sorry, but ... no.
    Flying was A selling point, that's for sure, but saying that TBC only gained subs because flying is BS and you know it.
    No, Flying was the main selling point. Outland is at the bottom on the box - in a small box, and Outland itself is only mentioned there in the text.
    The main theme of the box is FLYING DRAGON over Outland. The next big selling point - TWO NEW RACES. Only then Outland with leveling to 70.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted

You know what is telling? They advertised flying mounts all the time before and during TBC.

That there wouldn't be flying was only mentioned briefly during a very small interview of a noname site. Why didn't they announce it during Blizzcon if it's such a good change? Why not on the boxes? Why not on their website?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    That there wouldn't be flying was only mentioned briefly during a very small interview of a noname site. Why didn't they announce it during Blizzcon if it's such a good change?
    Because they were terrified of the backlash?
    That's also why we STILL don't have a definite answer to the question whether flight is gone for good or not.

They KNOW that this was / is an unpopular decision.

I'm sorry, but ... no.
    Sub didn't increase ONLY because of flying. New area, first expansion and all that was a factor but what you can bet on is at that time, flying was a nice contributor to sub increases.

At that time, I dare say flying was the most requested feature right next to dual spec (and maybe dance studio). Flying was a game changer at that time and did more to help wow than it ever hindered. I was at blizzcon that year, flying was a massively loved announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    To the people who are saying "I've seen no support to no flying", We are there.. We support no flying but you guys are just vocal minority. Personally from the people I play with NON of them is complaining about no flying, they are either ok with it or indifferent. and If you ask me what to gain from this no flying thing ?..

Simply answer.. The game is healthier without flying
    You cannot claim the people who are indifferent as support for no flying. By definition, they are neutral and don't support either side, they were fine with flying, they are fine without it. It does not equal an endorsement for no flying. Quite honestly, both the pro-flying and no-flying camps are vocal minorities. Because we do not have flying right now, the no-flying supporters get to stand on the hill and call the pro-flyers whiners and complainers, should the tides turn, it would be the other way around. Indifference never equals support, it means they don't care.

Deleted
    Because they were terrified of the backlash?
    That's also why we STILL don't have a definite answer to the question whether flight is gone for good or not.

They KNOW that this was / is an unpopular decision.
    Of course they were and are. Blizzard always made a decision and stuck with it even when it meant losing millions of players (cata, early mop). They are sticking with their garrison plans and no flying.

So why then do this "we will wait and see what the feedback is"? It's a bait switch to keep peoples hope up and keep the backlash down.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW.. just for the lulz:

Sorry for the crappy flash, smartphone quicky.

Seems they still made a big thing out of flight in the wrath era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Of course they were and are. Blizzard always made a decision and stuck with it even when it meant losing millions of players (cata, early mop). They are sticking with their garrison plans and no flying.

So why then do this "we will wait and see what the feedback is"? It's a bait switch to keep peoples hope up and keep the backlash down.

That's basically a scam

Deleted
    That's basically a scam
    White Knight: Nah, a multi billion dollar company isn't sure what players want and wait 6 months in order to determine whether or not they will implement a feature back into the game that has been there for 8 years. Sure..........

People truly are this stupid. Blizzard knows full well what they are doing.

I can see how the box art for TBC is totally relevent.. Let's connect some more irrelevant dots in accordance of our own agendas. WotLK box contains no mention of flying mounts and was the most popular expansion. Flying is officially the least popular feature in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Flying is what distinguishes the great games from the mediocre ones.
    In a flight simulator maybe, not an MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Flying was the main selling point. Outland is at the bottom on the box - in a small box, and Outland itself is only mentioned there in the text.
    The main theme of the box is FLYING DRAGON over Outland. The next big selling point - TWO NEW RACES. Only then Outland with leveling to 70.
    Oh dear God, you actually believe what you're saying.

Um, OK...

Someone send help!

- - - Updated - - -

I can see how the box art for TBC is totally relevent.. Let's connect some more irrelevant dots in accordance of our own agendas. WotLK box contains no mention of flying mounts and was the most popular expansion. Flying is officially the least popular feature in this game.
    I ONLY bought Wrath cos it advertised a dance studio. Nothing to do with raids or the Lich King, nope, dance studio.

That's basically a scam
    No. Gauging player feedback is not a scam.. Do you guys even read what you are putting out there for everyone to see?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice strawman. I was talking only about TBC and what flying meant to TBC not the whole game.

Main selling point of Wrath were DKs. Since flying was already a feature in the game - there's no need to advertise it.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Gauging player feedback is not a scam.. Do you guys even read what you are putting out there for everyone to see?
    Nice one, next time I scam someone I would say in my defense that I was just gauging the feedback from my clients.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK box contains no mention of flying mounts and was the most popular expansion.
    DERRRRRRP (see above for details)

Cata box art: