Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Star Wars has no warp drives, they only have gateways.
    What about the ship Han Solo uses, the Enterprise?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be the same IRL, you have no control over anything while you're in a dematerialised state, until after you fully rematerialised at the destination.
    In a dematerialized state you have no perception, thus the transition would occur to happen w/o temporal delay, even if it would take years in reality.
    I am still a player watching my "dematerialized" char getting transported for however long my computer needs to load.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    What about the ship Han Solo uses, the Enterprise?
    The Enterprise is a ship in Star Trek, not SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Is it even possible to go back to the boss?

I'd imagine that you'd have to find the portal in the apexis daily quest area again. Shouldn't be that big of a deal if you know the terrain.
    You'll need to rez at Spirit Healer and track back. I know the terrain. Took me 8 minutes... it was like... let's just say I logged out of the game for the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Enterprise is a ship in Star Trek, not SW.
    Wasn't it called "Millenium Falcon" or something like that?
    Still had a FTL drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KitWalker View Post
    You'll need to rez at Spirit Healer and track back. I know the terrain. Took me 8 minutes... it was like... let's just say I logged out of the game for the day.
    Really? Can't use portal as ghost?
    That sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, as I stated about the new cash shop mount, I'm about done. Instead of putting flying back in WoD and selling a new mount to fly with, they took a mount that was datamined with retractable wings and stripped it of it's flying capability. If this sells well, which it will, this is probably the end. This really does feel like the last nail in the coffin.

So after going after pets in WoD, and saying fuck it after 30 minutes and going to watch TV, came back later this evening and spent two hours hunting pets in MoP.

Wonder why one was tolerable and one wasn't?
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    So after going after pets in WoD, and saying fuck it after 30 minutes and going to watch TV, came back later this evening and spent two hours hunting pets in MoP.

Because you personally hate not being able to fly? Do we really need this reminder a couple times per page?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    What if they hid the loading with a cool animation, like something similar to the warp drive effect from Star Wars to show that your character is moving very fast through the environment?
    That's what Tera Online does with the portals used by the pegasus taxi service.
    The pegasus enters a "wormhole" of sorts, and the loading of the next area occurs during the pegasus' travel through the wormhole.

I could imagine something similar being used in WoW.
    It's actually an awesome system in Tera.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you wanted the pets from MoP more than the ones from WoD?
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Because you personally hate not being able to fly? Do we really need this reminder a couple times per page?
    Nope try again. I have said I am not pro flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. Basically the exact opposite of tedious and annoying aka not fun.

If Blizzard fixed their collision mechanics to be on par w/other A rated games, fixed the terrain inconsistency to be along the lines of other A rated games, brought in a travel system that is akin to a 2015 and not 2004, and fixed the mob density, agro radius, maybe made them rewarding for max level players... Then flight could be fall by the wayside (except that it would be crappy to have so many flying mounts that are all but useless)

Here is the problem. Do you honestly think Blizzard can or will do any of these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Because you wanted the pets from MoP more than the ones from WoD?
    Nope sorry .. if I catch all the pets in WoD I get rewarded w/a new one...

To be fair I would say I want them all equally.. ya know "Got to catch em all" or something like that.

You know another thing that used to take up a significant amount of time in WoW for me? Hunting mounts, I seriously probably put at least 4 hours a week into trying to obtain the flying mounts from older content that I hadn't gotten yet. Now I can't bring myself to do it, simply because they are a waste. Why would I spend hours farming a mount that I won't be able to use (be honest most flying mounts look dumb on the ground specially the drakes).

Unfortunately the only thing Blizz can do to fix that is allow flight in relevant content (aka everything pre 6.2)
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Well, as I stated about the new cash shop mount, I'm about done. Instead of putting flying back in WoD and selling a new mount to fly with, they took a mount that was datamined with retractable wings and stripped it of it's flying capability. If this sells well, which it will, this is probably the end. This really does feel like the last nail in the coffin.
    Knew it.

*sighs sadly*

Deleted
    LOL that video makes me laugh pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBComix View Post
    The detours are basically when you need to go AROUND a hill instead of OVER it, or trying to stay the fuck away from a pack of patrolling NPCs. i.e. the annoyances, which are literally everywhere -- Draenor, especially.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to try and explain it to you though. Your mind's already made up:

"There's no problem with WoW as it currently stands. It's all in your head, you crazy Wrath baby!"

Am I getting the general picture of your mind here?
    There's no 5 minute detour. That's my issue. When the arguments become false and exaggerated, they become less valid, in my mind. They only thing that's made up in my mind, is that I've acknowlegded WoW as a ground game. I'd rather have some more engaging outdoor content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KitWalker View Post
    It's not. I'll give you a clear and repeatable example. I beg you to try it and come back with results. Not trolling, really.

Harrison Jones quest in Spires of Arak. I think it's Amulet of Rukhmar or something like that.
    When you get to the last part, after moving the statues to activate the portal and go inside the portal...
    DIE to the "boss". Release. Come back here and tell me about your experience going back.
    So you want flying while you're dead, or better spawn-points when you die?

- - - Updated - - -

Instant teleports typically cause loading screens and thus disrupt immersion. No thank you.
    Flying over the world gives the computer the time to load thus no screens.
    But reduced traveling time still nonetheless. So you get faster to the other immersive part of your journey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    That's what Tera Online does with the portals used by the pegasus taxi service.
    The pegasus enters a "wormhole" of sorts, and the loading of the next area occurs during the pegasus' travel through the wormhole.

I could imagine something similar being used in WoW.
    It's actually an awesome system in Tera.
    That's not at all comparable. Pegasus were like flight paths, tied to a location.
    I think Blackcoffin is talking about instant teleportation from anywhere to specific locations, like in Guild Wars 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin
    But reduced traveling time still nonetheless. So you get faster to the other immersive part of your journey.
    For me, travel time > loading screen, when it comes to Immersion. (Within reason ofc, I too use mage portals to get to the other continent. )
    But imho, Freeform flight is superior to teleportation because it keeps me in a cohesive world w/o interruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin View Post
    There's no 5 minute detour. That's my issue. When the arguments become false and exaggerated, they become less valid, in my mind. They only thing that's made up in my mind, is that I've acknowlegded WoW as a ground game. I'd rather have some more engaging outdoor content.
    The difference between you and me, is that I've acknowledged that Blizzard is completely incapable of producing more engaging, and less-annoying outdoor content due to the limits of the MMO genre and this game's incredibly old engine. Hence why myself and others are demanding flight back. Flight goes a long way toward negating travel annoyances... actually succeeds in negating them. Which, apparently, Blizzard absolutely hates.

I don't care what they like or don't like; I pay them to make games I want to play, not force their "vision" on me -- especially when that "vision" leaves a sour taste in my mouth due to it consisting of everything I find frustrating, tedious, and annoying, like being locked to ground travel, or being forced to negate ground travel by paying for an air taxi instead of mounting up on one of MY flying mounts and using that to fly to my destination instead.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not at all comparable. Pegasus were like flight paths, tied to a location.
    I think Blackcoffin is talking about instant teleportation from anywhere to specific locations, like in Guild Wars 2.

For me, travel time > loading screen, when it comes to Immersion. (Within reason ofc, I too use mage portals to get to the other continent. )
    But imho, Freeform flight is superior to teleportation because it keeps me in a cohesive world w/o interruption.
    Agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get the thread about the new store mount merged with this one please?
    Last edited by SMBComix; 2015-05-09 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Yeah if they're creating shop mounts incapable of flying going forward, it's pretty god damn obvious they are satisfied with how no-flight has worked out.

Now, if they could get their head out of their asses and make world content that takes into account the fact that content is cleared a million times faster than it takes to develop, i.e also requires some form of grind, reputation or daily/weekly element to keep players interested and motivated,

that would be great. Because I am, and has been for a long time, completely baffled how Blizzard could think this would keep players busy. Onetime world content, removed currencies and worthwhile faction rewards. If you're casual, there's absolutely nothing to do that has any effect on character progression (gear, mostly) other than LFR and sending raid missions every 2 weeks

5.0 was miles better than this, when it comes to keeping players occupied. Even if that means to have a bunch of "mandatory" stuff to do.
    Oh no.. too much to do.. what a disaster.

If Tanaan doesn't have proper faction rewards that takes time, grindable currencies for worthwhile rewards (limited by day or week, not painfully slow like Apexis), and similar ways you can make "cheap" content last longer, then WoW will continue to bleed subs. They listened to players in 5.0 that cried that content must be optional, and here we are now.

Do not make that mistake again. Players don't have a clue what they want.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2015-05-09 at 04:13 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Yeah if they're creating shop mounts incapable of flying going forward, it's pretty god damn obvious they are satisfied with how no-flight has worked out.
    Well we know for sure it does have a flight animation. Personally I think this is a little experiment to see how many of them sell, if the sales are not good I wouldn't be surprised to see flight enabled in the world and on the mount.

Well we know for sure it does have a flight animation. Personally I think this is a little experiment to see how many of them sell, if the sales are not good I wouldn't be surprised to see flight enabled in the world and on the mount.
    That sounds like such a stupid idea I can actually see Blizzard doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBComix View Post
    That sounds like such a stupid idea I can actually see Blizzard doing it.
    It is all about money it has nothing to do w/improving the players experience.

It is all about money it has nothing to do w/improving the players experience.
    'Nuff said.