10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    All mounts will be usable on the ground in 6.0. It's been said multiple times.
    I get that. Here is the point I am making... again

I am ok with using my flying mount as a ground mount in 6.0. I am NOT ok with using my flying mount as a ground mount in 6.1 and higher.

If they fail to add the quest in 6.1 to unlock flying in the new zones, I will close up shop and take my extremely thick wallet elsewhere. If I am not going to fly in an MMO, it might as well be in an MMO that ADDs features rather than REMOVING them.

Deleted
    I dont get it I really dont why not just make pvp realms no flappin or even just make some realms where flappin are activated a win win imho.
    Last edited by mmoc5b0929c50e; 2014-04-13 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJIgKrIIms4

If you use a Flying Mount, off the nw coast of the island, and a Golden Glider (flying device), you can get to Ordos WITHOUT a cloak, or some stupid puzzle There is flying on these islands, just have to swim out a bit and fly as high as you can before popping a glider.
    Another proof f.mounts ruin any chance of gameplay and just make people skip content...

Quote Originally Posted by baline View Post
    I dont get it I really dont why not just make pvp realms no flappin or even just make some realms where flappin are activated a win win imho.
    And i dont get why people want to fly on leveling zones when 99,99% of the people here in this forum thread are clearly hidle in the midle of Orgrimmar / Stormwind queuing for content and dont step in a leveling zone of MoP for months...baffles me
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-04-13 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Fixed that for you, sionce no, it ain't gonna be epic. First time I got to fly? Epic. Forcing me to go through an annoying questline to get something I should already have? Annoying.

Their attempt to "recapture that epic feeling"? Stupid beyond all belief, because you only experience something epic once, and you will never experience said feeling again.
    That's you. The world isn't just you. I personally wouldn't mind it. I think it's way better then just forking out gold.

Amazing, I just peek In this thread and post something not even taking sides and it gets backlash. This topic has seriously bred a bunch of monsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Another proof f.mounts ruin any chance of gameplay and just make people skip content...
    Actually, it is more proof that people hate being without flying so much they will exploit mechanics to make it happen. And I wasn't skipping anything genius. I was trying to get up top to the blazing chest for my Burden of Eternity, 3 rares, and 7 more mossy chests.

- - - Updated - - -

And i dont get why people want to fly on leveling zones when 99,99% of the people here in this forum thread are clearly hidle in the midle of Orgrimmar / Stormwind queuing for content and dont step in a leveling zone of MoP for months...baffles me
    I was just curious about the fact source of this information? Or, is this number as mythical as your logic on this topic?

- - - Updated - - -

And with that, I am calling it a night. This little girl is giving me a damn migraine trying to sort out what is fact, and what is hyperbolic anecdotal made up bullshit.

It's called discussion. It's what adults do. Passive aggressive insults, that's for kids mate.
    Acting like opinion is fact and talking past people that you disagree with isn't discussion. This thread is about circle-jerking and whining.

It's also quite apparent that most of you people are adults, there's no need to point that out. Children generally have healthy imaginations and don't react with anger when asked to try new things. They certainly don't post thousands of times on message boards about a game when they could be spending their precious free time actually playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Blizz can learn to cope with not having my money, lol. If there are enough people like me they will care and change something, if not, at least I avoided wasting money on a crappy experience.
    If such a minor change has you threatening to quit then maybe it's time to do so. It's in your best interest that you find a new hobby. Life's too short to complain about a game that hasn't even been released.

Deleted
    where did you pull that number out from ?

whatever the actual number are my point was giving people the choice to choose
    isnt that a win win ?

I'd love this idea. Sure, it would be annoying as hell, but what's the point of a Roleplaying game if you're just flying above the clouds and seeing nothing below you? I'd love the fact to have to run around everywhere, would add so much more adventure to the game.

10+ Year Old Account

+1
    well said

There is a new interview on wowhead where they talk about no flying for a bit:
    http://youtu.be/Z8UI-uAyLFw?t=11m39s

Now they want to protect us from the evil dataminers...

In my opinion, if it takes me double/triple the usual time to do something it is way more likely that i will either check first what i can get or dont go there at all.

If the flying will not be available at level 100 without quests and strings for a reasonable sum, I will not spend a cent on their expansion.

It is time to show Blizzard whose bread they are eating and that playerbase won't allow to be treated like crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    If the flying will not be available at level 100 without quests and strings for a reasonable sum, I will not spend a cent on their expansion.

It is time to show Blizzard whose bread they are eating and that playerbase won't allow to be treated like crap.
    I guess it can be said in both ways.

Deleted
    think it is a good idea, bring back the old days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    Acting like opinion is fact and talking past people that you disagree with isn't discussion. This thread is about circle-jerking and whining.
    The only opinion I have represented as fact, is a fact. If flight is not instated in 6.1, I'm taking my money elsewhere. I'm sure there are other MMOs who don't just offer features after 8 years and then yank them away.

Everything else I have stated is pure opinion, and speak only on behalf of myself and those who have already stated they feel the same as I do. I've never once handed out opinion as fact, or claimed it was fact. The problem with the written word, especially in places like this, is the constant misconception of opinion vs. fact.

Fact: Flying will not be allowed in 6.0
    Fact (thus far): There will be a quest in 6.1 to unlock flying and make it feel epic again
    Fact: If this quest is not instated, or flight is not unlocked in the new content in 6.1, I am unsubbing after 7 years and several thousands of dollars and moving to a new MMO
    Opinion: People are using social media and interviews on fan sites as facts
    Opinion: People are under the assumption flight is being removed from WoD permanently
    Fact: Whatever ULTIMATELY happens will be printed in the Patch Notes on the BattleNet site and will therefore be considered facts, and not speculation.
    Fact: Until 6.1 hits, and we read those patch notes, this whole thread is little more than people going back and forth and neither side being right.

Fact: If it is not in stone, in the patch notes, in the game, it is of little consequence and falls under the category of assumptions.

Hopefully this clears things up for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    If such a minor change has you threatening to quit then maybe it's time to do so. It's in your best interest that you find a new hobby. Life's too short to complain about a game that hasn't even been released.
    It is only time to quit when the objected change occurs. The reason we are against the change is because we love the game just as it is. When it all changes, THEN it will be time to walk away, and not before.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Stormwind looks like shit. Org got a makeover and looks fucking fantastic. Bring on the ground just means you get to look at 10-year-old art more.
    If you don't really like WoW's art I don't get why you give a shit about whether you can fly or not. Or why you're playing at all. Stormwind even as 10 years old has a lot of charm to it. But I get it's a war of opinions and people who are addicted to flying in the game will whine like heroin addicts without a fix.

(there is 3rd party software - you likely won't ever get noticed using it if you don't use it for advantage. Not that I'm promoting or saying such things are ok to do )
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Stormwind even as 10 years old has a lot of charm to it.
    SW got an upgrade just before Cata during Wrath. The entire city got new cobblestone streets, a 2nd Inn, bank, and AH were added, 14 new mailboxes were planted, and the entrance to the TD AH was moved from the NE corner to the south end directly across from the bank.

There are very few zones that were untouched by the cataclysm. Hell, it took 4 years just to fix the statues in the Valley of Heroes. The park is still ruined for those of us who RP a Druid.

If flight is not instated in 6.1, I'm taking my money elsewhere.
    one thing i don't understand is this stubbornness in not even giving it a chance. at least wait till we have some details? we know nothing about how they're gonna handle this really.

btw, all this 'i quit' shit... really? there is nothing more pointless then 'i quit' threats. can i have your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    one thing i don't understand is this stubbornness in not even giving it a chance. at least wait till we have some details? we know nothing about how they're gonna handle this really.

btw, all this 'i quit' shit... really? there is nothing more pointless then 'i quit' threats. can i have your stuff?
    Played when there wasn't any flying mounts in the game. It was bad and I don't intend a repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account

Why should I continue to pay for a game that now demonstrates it is acceptible to remove an 8 year old feature... on a hunch? "Wait and see" will let them see plenty when 6.1 drops and pro-flyers are ready for flight to return.

As for "having my stuff", you can take that shit elsewhere. I would rather delete everything I own and sell the gold to farmers before handing it over to some asshat who uses that worn out line.

If I am not going to fly, I might as well not fly in a new game, with better graphics, where they are not constantly removing long time features that players enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Played when there wasn't any flying mounts in the game. It was bad and I don't intend a repeat.
    Good for you mate. If you do jump ship, let me know where you are headed. I will likely go back to SWTOR til I find something new. Flying is not a priority for the new game. Keeping their word and not removing features is a priority.

I played during WotLK and the to thougt of having to go to the vanilla world and spending hours traveling to the place I wanted to reach wasn't fun at all, and the "I quit threads" indeed are useless the only message blizzard understands is huge subdrops sadly
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?