10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    That is in *no way* a fact. It's at best your current intention.

You might get hit by a car before 6.0 even launches...

Please get your facts straight!

But to balance it out, I will un-sub if they do unlock the new content in 6.1, thus making their decision subscriber neutral again .
    I fully plan to fulfill that intent, which makes it a personal fact, not a game fact. Knock off the semantics. It is hardly amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    people have given no flying a chance, its in places such as timeless isle and the isle of thunder. if people hate not being able to fly in those small zones, you can guarantee they will hate not being able to fly on a whole planet.
    Thank you for being intelligent and understanding this concept. It escapes others... apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Ok, here it is, no bullshit. So please pay very close attention:

I spent the first 18 months of this game without a flying mount. I joined in TBC and could not afford flying for almost 6 months after I hit 70. I have played without flight, and with flight and prefer to fucking fly versus riding on the fucking ground.

Not sure how many more ways I can make clear that I am pro-flying and hate being lashed to the ground with a fucking passion.

I am ok with leveling to 100 on the ground. CHECK.

I am ok with unlocking riding with a quest in 6.1. CHECK.

I am not ok with never being able to fly in the new content. TRIPLE FUCKING CHECK.

INB4 - "U mad bro?". Nope, not mad, just tired of people failing to fucking read and then asking the same stupid fucking questions over and over and over and over.....
    but you still have no clue how draenor will be. this is what i'm trying to tell you. we've been flying for 8 years now, blizzard knows that and they know there's people who think like you. yet, they're still considering giving flying a boot. maybe, just maybe, they got something good? (hey, it rhymes!) and this is why you should give it a chance. if it fucking sucks then like i said, i'll be there right next to you asking to bring flying back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    but you still have no clue how draenor will be. this is what i'm trying to tell you. we've been flying for 8 years now, blizzard knows that and they know there's people who think like you. yet, they're still considering giving flying a boot. maybe, just maybe, they got something good? (hey, it rhymes!) and this is why you should give it a chance. if it fucking sucks then like i said, i'll be there right next to you asking to bring flying back.
    I never said I would not try it. I will try it all the way up to 6.1. And then I am out if they fail to put it back.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You do know that there are zones where we can't fly now that are current content? Yeah, they're terrible, I don't want an entire expansion based around that garbage.
    this is where it's going apparently. there will be no flying in current content, even if it's back in 6.1.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said I would not try it. I will try it all the way up to 6.1. And then I am out if they fail to put it back.
    no, not try. give it a chance, try to enjoy. but pointless with that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    That is interesting. Wonder if the idea to include flying in the next expansion for Final Fantasy is as a result of Blizz wanting to remove it.
    Recalling the article I read, it didn't seem like they were factoring WoW in their decision. It was a choice between flight and underwater travel, they chose flight. I just thought the timing was interesting since it was independently decided.

Naturally when I saw underwater travel I snickered at that considering experiencing Vash'jir as a WoW player haha :P

10+ Year Old Account
    no, not try. give it a chance, try to enjoy. but pointless with that mindset.
    I have no interest in a no-fly zone. I do not go to Timeless Isle, Dino Isle, Thunder Isle, Tol Barad, Azuremyst Isle, Ghostlands, Silvermoon City.....

are you seeing the pattern? I have ZERO desire to have an non-flying expac. None. Zip, zero, zilch, nada, negatory ghost rider. I will have flight in 6.1, or I will have my Mastercard moved to a new MMO.

but you still have no clue how draenor will be.
    They repeatedly say that Draenor will be like Timeless Isle. And since apparently their idea of "world event" is "Mechanics that were first introduced into the game 10 years ago(Kill shit to summon more shit, do stuff to summon shit, nothing actually new or interesting)", hen yea, we already know how it will be.

Changing the locale doesn't somehow magically make the same boring crap on Timeless Isle somehow new and unique.

I have no interest in a no-fly zone. I do not go to Timeless Isle, Dino Isle, Thunder Isle, Tol Barad, Azuremyst Isle, Ghostlands, Silvermoon City.....

are you seeing the pattern? I have ZERO desire to have an non-flying expac. None. Zip, zero, zilch, nada, negatory ghost rider. I will have flight in 6.1, or I will have my Mastercard moved to a new MMO.
    Okay. Please find another game that offers flight, since most dont.

You also stated earlier that your preferred gameplay is minor stuff like pet battles and grabbing ore, most games dont support such as casual playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

You also stated earlier that your preferred gameplay is minor stuff like pet battles and grabbing ore, most games dont support such as casual playstyle
    All games made nowadays, with the exception of games like darksouls, are made for the casual gamer in mind. There are many games that allow this sort of play style. Other games don't even need to have flight for it to be enticing. Because they're new and fresh. The expansion will be the same old shit but without flight, and for many, myself included, that is just unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

Flight is not my priority in an MMO. My priority is keeping a feature I pay for. When I play SWTOR, I know there is no flight, and that is ok cause they never introduced it, let us use it for 8 years, and then took it away. My point in all this is, I really enjoy WoW, and flying is very important to me. If 6.1 comes and flying does not, I will be gone, and I will delete everything, close both accounts, and send privacy@blizzard.com an email to permanently delete everything. Then I will take enormous amounts of fun money elsewhere. I want to stay with WoW, I really do. But not if they are going to start yanking features out of an already aged game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    All games made nowadays, with the exception of games like darksouls, are made for the casual gamer in mind. There are many games that allow this sort of play style. Other games don't even need to have flight for it to be enticing. Because they're new and fresh. The expansion will be the same old shit but without flight, and for many, myself included, that is just unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    They repeatedly say that Draenor will be like Timeless Isle. And since apparently their idea of "world event" is "Mechanics that were first introduced into the game 10 years ago(Kill shit to summon more shit, do stuff to summon shit, nothing actually new or interesting)", hen yea, we already know how it will be.

Changing the locale doesn't somehow magically make the same boring crap on Timeless Isle somehow new and unique.
    So glad to see others get it.

they're removing a good bunch of spells too, some of them older then 8 years. you're quitting over that too?
    If they suddenly made all hunter pets cosmetic or removed warriors charge i could see quite a few leaving.

Deleted

If you want to, i can show you a lot better games for flying around.....

All though the irony that you would actually have to A: buy the expansion or B: lose all the good stuff at the start, just so you could hold on your statement about flying in 6.1 is kinda funny.
    Last edited by mmoca9d48ebf0f; 2014-04-13 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    If you want to, i can show you a lot better games for flying around.....
    If 6.1 comes and flying does not, I will absolutely take you up on that. I am hoping the thousands of dollars spent on WoW will not be lost, but it is what is it. I've boosted 5 characters so far, and will delete everything on the account and move on if need be. I would much rather play WoW, but not if they insist on removing a key feature that happens to be the focus of my playstyle.

Deleted
    If 6.1 comes and flying does not, I will absolutely take you up on that. I am hoping the thousands of dollars spent on WoW will not be lost, but it is what is it. I've boosted 5 characters so far, and will delete everything on the account and move on if need be. I would much rather play WoW, but not if they insist on removing a key feature that happens to be the focus of my playstyle.
    I guess you have already tried the flying simulator games?

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    they said timeless isle was a prototype for future content so we have a general idea of where they're going but that's about it.

with such extreme attitude i think you're in minority. and even with flying back in 6.1 you'll be missing out on a good deal of content, but suit yourself. ;p

Level up to 100, then stay in the major cities while queuing in the air. It's really no difference to any other expansion. Once you're done leveling content, what reason do you have to go back?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It is time to show Blizzard whose bread they are eating and that playerbase won't allow to be treated like crap.
    Except you belong to a small minority, and the vast majority seem to think we would be better off without people that say things like...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutger View Post
    In my opinion, if it takes me double/triple the usual time to do something it is way more likely that i will either check first what i can get or dont go there at all.
    In other words, if things aren't handed to you then you will not even try. I'm sure the game will suffer greatly from an exodus of these losers.

I hope we never fly again hurr durr

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to see flying returned.

I'm really enjoying leveling my rogue no-fly. It's bringing back immersion in WoW that I haven't seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't want to see flying returned.

I'm really enjoying leveling my rogue no-fly. It's bringing back immersion in WoW that I haven't seen in a long time.
    Immersion or pvp? The invisible hand of Blizzard pushing me down does not increase "immersion" for me.