1. #5401
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    prepare for disappointment
    Should i be dissapointed because you're quitting the game, or because they will pull back on the flying thingie? It's a minor thing of the expansion mate, I won't leave the game over something so trivial like flying/no flying, thats just... Silly.

  2. #5402
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    Should i be dissapointed because you're quitting the game, or because they will pull back on the flying thingie? It's a minor thing of the expansion mate, I won't leave the game over something so trivial like flying/no flying, thats just... Silly.
    what? when did i say anything about leaving the game? strange.

  3. #5403
    Field Marshal Mekatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brasil, SP
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    Should i be dissapointed because you're quitting the game, or because they will pull back on the flying thingie? It's a minor thing of the expansion mate, I won't leave the game over something so trivial like flying/no flying, thats just... Silly.
    I don't think it's silly. Flying makes the game faster, and sometimes u just can't afford to spend so much time doing something. Think about it: if I have only 30 minutes to do something in the game because of (whatever reason: rl appointments, raiding, or I'm just tired and need to go to bed) , I want those 30 minutes do be productive. WHY make the game slower? Why make 2 things in 30 minutes if I really needed to do 4? I think this destroys motivation, since doing the 2 things is not gonna fulfill my expectations about the game. Of COURSE I'm talking about the chores, not the raiding stuff. I don't wanna be able to clear a raid in 2h in the beginning of the game (and that's why I only did LFR to complete the epic cape quest).

    It's not a silly reason to feel the game is not rewarding anymore, that you're being put aside and falling behind other ppl that have 1 hour to play and will be able to do those 4 things u needed to do.

    Flying is a convenience. It's silly not to see that. Means of transportation matter in real life AND in games and that's not a minor issue. Do u take the subway/bus/car to go to work? That's silly, use your bike, or go by foot. U're gonna get there anyway, won't u?
    Last edited by Mekatron; 2014-04-12 at 03:41 PM.

  4. #5404
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    what? when did i say anything about leaving the game? strange.

    So, please point out as to why I should prepare for dissapointment. I would assume by your post that you are one of the people that are wanting flying to stay in the game. Merely speculation, though

    - - - Updated - - -

    Something that is also silly is to preemptively assume something that "This is how it will be, and its so horrible I'm gonna quit" after seeing the first few days of fucking Alpha. Do you REALLY think they won't compromise for not having flying?? Have some faith in Blizzards plans!
    Last edited by Sjoa; 2014-04-12 at 03:33 PM.

  5. #5405
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    So, please point out as to why I should prepare for dissapointment. I would assume by your post that you are one of the people that are wanting flying to stay in the game. Merely speculation, though
    Almost everything you have said has been speculation from a faulty perspective...
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  6. #5406
    /shrug

    People loved Classic WoW and Burning Crusade before accessing flying mounts. I haven't seen people clamoring for flying mounts in other certain MMOs.

    Can a world without flying mounts work? I think it very well can. It could even be better. Personally I think for flying mounts to truly be good, it needs to be built into the game as a form of gameplay, not a form of skipping gameplay.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  7. #5407
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    Something that is also silly is to preemptively assume something that "This is how it will be, and its so horrible I'm gonna quit" after seeing the first few days of fucking Alpha. Do you REALLY think they won't compromise for not having flying?? Have some faith in Blizzards plans!
    I tend not to have blind faith in a company that has lied to me in the past. That, and I know what it's like to not have flying mount. Played for almost three years without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  8. #5408
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    /shrug

    Can a world without flying mounts work? I think it very well can. It could even be better. Personally I think for flying mounts to truly be good, it needs to be built into the game as a form of gameplay, not a form of skipping gameplay.
    I agree 100%. I don't see the other side of the argument at all really. I think that maybe what they are picturing it to be is like a Outland with no flying available? I dno what they feel, just, can't see it at all.

    If this is what they think it will be i can see why they are threatening to quit. This is obviously not what it will be like in Draenor tho..

  9. #5409
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    I agree 100%. I don't see the other side of the argument at all really. I think that maybe what they are picturing it to be is like a Outland with no flying available? I dno what they feel, just, can't see it at all.

    If this is what they think it will be i can see why they are threatening to quit. This is obviously not what it will be like in Draenor tho..
    It will be timeless isle but the size of Outlands. The game isn't changing much from today. Do you think they will come up with some innovative thing? No, they said that Daenor will be just like timeless isle. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  10. #5410
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    So, please point out as to why I should prepare for dissapointment. I would assume by your post that you are one of the people that are wanting flying to stay in the game. Merely speculation, though

    - - - Updated - - -

    Something that is also silly is to preemptively assume something that "This is how it will be, and its so horrible I'm gonna quit" after seeing the first few days of fucking Alpha. Do you REALLY think they won't compromise for not having flying?? Have some faith in Blizzards plans!
    you said you're 100% sure that nobody will complain about no flying 1 month into the expansion. this is where you should prepare for disappointment.

  11. #5411
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    /shrug

    People loved Classic WoW and Burning Crusade before accessing flying mounts. I haven't seen people clamoring for flying mounts in other certain MMOs.

    Can a world without flying mounts work? I think it very well can. It could even be better. Personally I think for flying mounts to truly be good, it needs to be built into the game as a form of gameplay, not a form of skipping gameplay.
    Would you stop with this fucking bullshit? Stop pretending that flying mounts are only used to mischievously skip gameplay cause... what? We enjoy floating around instead of playing the game itself? They are nothing more than a means of travel that reduces the time-sink of flying paths and ground mounts. Stop treating them like they are the darkest evil on the face of the earth just to get your point across.

    In fact this whole discussion is so full of shit it's a miracle it hasn't exploded. Like saying that Vanilla was SO FUCKING JUICY AND AWESOME cause it didn't have flying mounts. That is a lie. Vainlla was great in the teary eyes of ragass veterans because of it's novelty, you don't play a game for 10 long years and still experience the initial feeling of novelty.

    Stop trying to remove flying cause you aren't smart enough to see that flying was never the problem.

  12. #5412
    Getting to learn the area and explore everything by ground will be amazing.. but eventually I would like to get to fly too..

    Provided they have good timing in adding the flying part it could work wonders. If they decided to not add it at all.. hmm.. not sure how that would be a few months down the timeline. :P

  13. #5413
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It will be timeless isle but the size of Outlands. The game isn't changing much from today. Do you think they will come up with some innovative thing? No, they said that Daenor will be just like timeless isle. No thanks.
    Haha, and you accuse me of speculating from a faulty perspective. oh, man

  14. #5414
    Bloodsail Admiral Tragedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Macondo
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by PGGR View Post
    Getting to learn the area and explore everything by ground will be amazing.. but eventually I would like to get to fly too..

    Provided they have good timing in adding the flying part it could work wonders. If they decided to not add it at all.. hmm.. not sure how that would be a few months down the timeline. :P
    I'm guessing we will get flying in the landmass once there's new content to replace it. Like once Farahlon comes out.

    Safari Type: Bug. Friend Code: 5043-2200-3518.

  15. #5415
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    Haha, and you accuse me of speculating from a faulty perspective. oh, man
    They said it themselves... I am not speculating anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  16. #5416
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    That's an incredibly... stupid viewpoint considering Blizzard's Twitter accounts usually speak about subjects that need clarification or give a brief glimpse of material that will appear on the next round of patch notes, or even provide insight as to which round of patch notes a particular change or idea will appear.

    The viewpoint gets even worse when you realize that patch notes require... patches? And patches require time, so obviously the patch notes won't be updated every. single. day. of the week, that's what Twitter accounts are for.

    Now that that's out of the way, who's arguing for the addition of flying so I can adjust myself on the opposite side of the argument?
    I'm in favor of flight. Feel free to line up behind the "Twitterz are deh fax derp" group found right over there. I will hang out over here with the Official statements on BNet and the Patch notes as they arrive. Since no one in this thread works for Blizz, and 6.1 is not yet here, anyone who claims flight is completely removed is likely an idiot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Are you sure you're not an idiot?

    Mod Edit: Keep it civil please.
    I am confident of my own intelligence, but beginning to question that of others.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    It's not Twitter, it's a fucking video interview on the first post of the thread you pollute with your ignorance. I wish that people would fucking look at the first post of a thread before starting shitting on it... If you look at that video, and you are not absolutely totally retarded, you will understand that THE FACT is that they will TRY to go for the no flying shit. Sure it's not set in stone, because if they start losing subscription they will be fucked in the ass by the financial department and forced to put it back, but the ACTUAL DESIGNERS of the game are pushing for that shit.
    So, this video was Posted to BattleNet as an official release of information? They are putting his position word for word into the patch notes? Maybe, if other people would read what people are posting, rather than assuming the dribble in that interview was unseen by the poster, they might just ease up for 5 seconds and understand one basic fact:

    If it is not in the patch notes, it doesn't mean shit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    There IS a plan behind this from Blizzard's PoV. We just need to have faith in them.
    After hearing the babblings in Twitter and some of these interviews, it is difficult for me, a professed fanboy, to still want to follow them blindly. You feel free. I will wait for the 6.1 patch notes and vote with my wallet if needed.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 2014-04-12 at 04:52 PM.

  17. #5417
    No flying isn't gonna matter if the quests and the storyline is lifeless and dull. If the expansion fails to inspire, then removing flying is a waste, and Blizzard is digging themselves deeper.

  18. #5418
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyMutt View Post
    No flying isn't gonna matter if the quests and the storyline is lifeless and dull. If the expansion fails to inspire, then removing flying is a waste, and Blizzard is digging themselves deeper.
    Let's hope that is not the case.

  19. #5419
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Let's hope that is not the case.
    I am right with you. As someone who has enjoyed WoW since Vanilla, I wanted them to knock it out of the park this time. But the no flying thing really has me worried because I see so many saying flying is what ruined the game to start with. If Blizzard can't do a good game that includes flying anymore, then maybe there is cause for alarm.

  20. #5420
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Let's hope that is not the case.
    Might very well go that way, since recently it's been the only way that they will learn anything at all.

    RealID, MoP Dailies, Cata Heroics, many mechanics that they have to hotfix even though testers in the PTRs told them repeatedly all throughout the PTR that it was going to not work the way Blizzard designed it, these are only a few examples of how the only way they seem to learn is to have it blow up in their faces.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    and the strategic choice of how I want to get to my next objective.
    There is no "strategic choice".

    Not that killing things is hard (usually) but that I want to find the best path to avoid or engage what I want to.
    No you don't. You know why? Because I play a monk. I don't have stealth. You know how I deal with mobs I don't want to fight? I simply continue going forward. There is no "finding the best path to avoid or engage". Hell, more often than not the best path to avoid them is to simply run right through them and not care. So no, ground mounts do not "make you try to find the best way to engage".

    Flying removes all of that and my opinion has changed: REMOVE FLYING.
    Or you can stay on your ground mount and only concern yourself with how you want to play.
    Last edited by Cradix; 2014-04-12 at 05:17 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •