10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Random funny detail: You are on the savage planet of Draenor. Flying would give away your location, so staying on the ground under the tree gives you a better chance of staying hidden.
    I'll take "Random Crocks of Shit" for $800 Alex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The MMO market is growing and changing. There are literally dozens of stable, competitive MMOs on the market compared to at WoW launch there were only a handful. The F2P model is more widely accepted. Cash shops have largely moved away from P2W to sustaining the games through vanity and cosmetic goodies. Big name subscription model games have gone F2P or Freemium. It will not be surprising to see the same happen to ESO or Wildstar a year or two from now. A great deal of WoW's gameplay harkens back to a bygone era. XP splitting while grouped. Exclusive groups. Exclusive mob-tags. Group loot. WoW has never had spectacular PvP and it's PvE gameplay becomes more and more niche and more and more indicative of it's age.

WoD, flying or no flying, will not turn around the sub loss. By the end of the expansion, WoW will likely have lost another 2 mil subs, because quite frankly WoW is presenting gamers with nothing revolutionary to keep them playing, it's just MORE WoW.
    Well put. I agree. The numbers will dwindle, particularly as the game ages, which is why it is SO important now, more than ever to NOT take key features from new expansions, even if it only affects THAT expansion. People who would rather waste all day on the back of a ground mount, rather than flying through the air with the speed and freedom to get where they want to go, likely have the lights on, and no one home. Eliminating it til 6.1 on Draenor = not an issue. But when you tell us there will be an epic unlock, and then change your mind RIGHT AFTER pre-sales start happening, I just find it TOO coincidental. If you felt that way, why not announce it AS pre-sales were happening? I'll tell you why. Cause it would have chopped the sales by a good chunk and ruined all that interest free loan you were giving them, likely to help pay to COMPLETE the expansion. I can't help it if these other people have their fingers jammed in their ears and the view of Blizzard's pasty white ass in their pucker zone, but I am not buying the bullshit they are putting down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    1. When is flying in WoD going to be reintroduced? 6.1? Blizzard have since come out and stated that they aren't setting a time frame as they are going by "feel". Sounds ominously like Blizzard are hedging their bets.

2. Buy WoD get a free 90, because Blizzard wants more players at level cap. Thus the more players at level cap wondering why they can't fly. And what good is flying in the 'old world' when they are playing in WoD zones?
    I would like to change ominous to more accurately describe them as full of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I think no flying will be good long term for the game
    Why do you think this?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I would like to change ominous to more accurately describe them as full of shit.
    No no no, you have them all wrong. They are so confident in this new ground only experience, they are going to give players a chance to "experience it" and be swept away on how awesome it all is. That whole flying at 6.1 thing is just a back up in case they actually cock the whole thing up, but with no information on how max level world content will work going forward, a longer than ever wait for new content, an increased price, vague twitter responses, nonsensical class changes and fucking blogs for concepts we won't even see until after the next expansion I don't see how anyone could draw the conclusion that Blizz doesn't has a solid plan in place going forward.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    If I would have known before MOP launched that it would not add any dungeons I would have passed on the expansion. I think no flying will do the same.

Blizzard came out with an absurd statement and nothing else to cover their rear ends when the you know what hots the fans.

I foresee forum crashes in blizzards future.

Have you seen how many flying threads have been created deleted and recreated on blizzards forum sites.

There forums are like ours. You have 10 people upset by the change and all of them are arguing with a single no flying zealot.

Before Alex announced blizzards intent to remove flying from the game. You almost never saw a flying post.
    Agreed.

There is a reason you will not see any major announcement about the flying change. Like dungeons, they will not tell gamers about it's removal in WoD content. There will be no banner ads or commercials about how it will make the game great. blizzard knows what would happen. A loss of box sales.

what blizzard will do it "let the buyer beware" - Spend their $50 on a price hiked expansion to only find out a month later, flying was removed for WoD content. By that point, blizzard has your money and they will be betting on gamers staying since they might be invested in the game at that point.

business only move at that point. Screw the gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    SNIP...

Random funny detail: You are on the savage planet of Draenor. Flying would give away your location, so staying on the ground under the tree gives you a better chance of staying hidden.
    I'd like to stay in control of my toon and just fly low - below the radar.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-05-27 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    No no no, you have them all wrong. They are so confident in this new ground only experience, they are going to give players a chance to "experience it" and be swept away on how awesome it all is. That whole flying at 6.1 thing is just a back up in case they actually cock the whole thing up, but with no information on how max level world content will work going forward, a longer than ever wait for new content, an increased price, vague twitter responses, nonsensical class changes and fucking blogs for concepts we won't even see until after the next expansion I don't see how anyone could draw the conclusion that Blizz doesn't has a solid plan in place going forward.
    You have a good point

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Agreed.

There is a reason you will not see any major announcement about the flying change. Like dungeons, they will not tell gamers about it's removal in WoD content. There will be no banner ads or commercials about how it will make the game great. blizzard knows what would happen. A loss of box sales.

what blizzard will do it "let the buyer beware" - Spend their $50 on a price hiked expansion to only find out a month later, flying was removed for WoD content. By that point, blizzard has your money and they will be betting on gamers staying since they might be invested in the game at that point.

business only move at that point. Screw the gamers.
    I did just twitterise them "Plans to ad a disclaimer to the Iron skyreaver and WoD prebuy flying mount re:use on Draenor may not be as advertised?"
    Would like to see an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Flying has a great deal MORE significance than that. Some of us unsubbed pending the re-arrival of flight on the new continent. Some, like myself, closed three accounts and walked away. Taking the game back to Vanilla with lackluster ingredients and half-truths at this point was no ones idea of a good time, save for the Vanilla fanboys and the anti-fliers who simply like to stir shit up.
    Lol, if you unsubbed because your ability to fly was limited, you didn't have anything in game worth doing to begin with. Flight is such a miniscule and insignificant part of the game, the only people who depend on it are efficiency gamers, who only want to kill that 1 thing, x times, and move on.

So they have more time to post on the forums about how boring questing/content is, because everything is kill x/pickup y, with no challenge or interaction in the game world, of course.

Which flying, f course, is the primary cause of. In case the sarcasm was too challenging for you. I wouldn't want you to unsubb these forums because it wasn't all laid out for you and easy to "drop in" on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Why do you think this?
    Because he gots the feels, man. He can't possibly be wrong about this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I did just twitterise them "Plans to ad a disclaimer to the Iron skyreaver and WoD prebuy flying mount re:use on Draenor may not be as advertised?"
    Nice

No no no, you have them all wrong. They are so confident in this new ground only experience, they are going to give players a chance to "experience it" and be swept away on how awesome it all is. That whole flying at 6.1 thing is just a back up in case they actually cock the whole thing up, but with no information on how max level world content will work going forward, a longer than ever wait for new content, an increased price, vague twitter responses, nonsensical class changes and fucking blogs for concepts we won't even see until after the next expansion I don't see how anyone could draw the conclusion that Blizz doesn't have a solid plan in place going forward.
    Dead on there. ^

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Lol, if you unsubbed because your ability to fly was limited, you didn't have anything in game worth doing to begin with. Flight is such a miniscule and insignificant part of the game, the only people who depend on it are efficiency gamers, who only want to kill that 1 thing, x times, and move on.

So they have more time to post on the forums about how boring questing/content is, because everything is kill x/pickup y, with no challenge or interaction in the game world, of course.

Which flying, f course, is the primary cause of. In case the sarcasm was too challenging for you. I wouldn't want you to unsubb these forums because it wasn't all laid out for you and easy to "drop in" on.
    Lol, if you unsubbed because your ability to raid was limited, you didn't have anything in game worth doing to begin with. Raiding is such a miniscule and insignificant part of the game, the only people who depend on it are numbers gamers, who only want to kill that 1 thing, x times, and move on.

Which raiding, f course, is the primary cause of. In case the sarcasm was too challenging for you. I wouldn't want you to unsubb these forums because it wasn't all laid out for you and easy to "drop in" on.

Pretty easy to generalise, it turns out.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that it is the second most important thing in WoW. Based on my opinion, I have come to the conclusion that WoD isn't worth buying.

Bad argument... I have to get to the content, right? So, what does it matter if it's a flying mount or a ground mount? Both options open to me grant safe passage since I am not a bad player that gets dazed. The only difference between ground and flight for me is time consumed and enjoyment. One method is slow and boring, while the other method is fast and extremely fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, if you unsubbed because your ability to fly was limited, you didn't have anything in game worth doing to begin with.
    - Farming mats
    - Playing the AH
    - Doing dailies
    - Crafting items
    - Pet collecting
    - Pet Battling
    - Hunting Rares
    - leveling alts
    - Role Playing

and about a hundred things other than end game PvE or PvP. It was casuals like me who stayed subbed for our own enjoyment and spent thousands of dollars on this game between services and the cash shop, giving Blizz more money to create content for elitists and asshats. You're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why are they trying to get us to accept no flying? To slow our content consumption down, "immersion" is just a smoke screen.

Flying didn't make the quest content boring or easy. It just made it much quicker to get through that easy boring content.

The problem isn't Flying. The problem is shitty quest content.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes what is the answer?

Yes what is the answer?
    Will let you know if any response happens asap if I'm awake, but gonna crash soon, so if i miss it I will try to update here when I awake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Flying didn't make the quest content boring or easy. It just made it much quicker to get through that easy boring content.

The problem isn't Flying. The problem is shitty quest content.
    Agreed. Flying killed nothing. While people are sitting on their ass in the cities, waiting for INSTANCE queues to pop, some of us are out in the world, on our flying mount doing other things. Until you remove instance queues and force people to go to the Dungeon/Raid entrance, no amount of no-flying is gonna fix jack shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes what is the answer?
    He said he would like to see one, he wasn't offering one

Deleted
    Good /10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidde Ottens View Post
    Good /10 char
    Clever

So, good that it is possible, or good that it is certain?