Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Incorrect. With a dishwaher I get to spend more time with my family and doing the "parent" thing more often. SHould that be spending time iwth the kids or wife. Getting to the more entertaining things faster.

What removing flying is similar to is Disney removing fast pass in their theme parks.

Sure, Disney could make you spend more time standing in line. Wasting the limited time you get to spend in the park as it is but WTF! Thats not fun. Disney knows it and you know it. No amount of buiness PR vomit would make me beleive blizzard knows best. Apparently, you are another one of the nuts that think blizzard is the only people that know what fun is. You would be wrong as well.

The reason you are there is to ride the rides, not F'ing stand in line for longer periods.

Similar to flying in a theme park video game. Gamers should not be held back in experiencing the "rides" in the game. Getting from "A" to "B" so you can experience whats at B should be a quick travel. There is no reason to make it longer especially at max level. Gamers should be able to get to "B" and experience the "fun" aspect of whatever is sending them there. Not waste their limited play time trying to get to "B"

This is a theme park game. We play the game to ride the rides and stand in line as little as possible with our already limit amount of time in the park. Lets not support longer lines just because blizzard fed you some PR BS.
    The whole game is the ride. The only line you have to wait in is the login queue.
    Your analogy doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I have been in this thread and the others. I was busy over the weekend, and didn't bother looking.

So where is this clarification, cause if you mean that post about storming an inadequately guarded fortress...that wasn't one.
    I think he was talking about no flying in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    The whole game is the ride. The only line you have to wait in is the login queue.
    Nope, doing "boring" things are not the "Fun Ride", content we enjoy is the "Fun Ride".

For many of, slogging through worn-out content that offers no risk, challenge and little reward. It's boring and a waste of our limited game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Nope, doing "boring" things are not the "Fun Ride", content we enjoy is the "Fun Ride".

For many of, slogging through worn-out content that offers no risk, challenge and little reward. It's boring and a waste of our limited game time.
    You like some parts of the ride better than others. It's still all the same ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    You like some parts of the ride better than others. It's still all the same ride.
    You miss the point of the analogy.

For many of, slogging through worn-out content offers no risk, challenge and little reward. It's boring and a waste of our limited game time. Do you understand this applies to many people?

You miss the point of the analogy.

For many of, slogging through worn-out content offers no risk, challenge and little reward. It's boring and a waste of our limited game time. Do you understand this applies to many people?
    Why are you slogging through it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, not, these threads are predicated on challenging a change Blizzard has made. If you are trying to challenge that, you need to have a good argument with any proof to your claims. Blizzard stated that, and someone else claimed that Blizzard was wrong about the amount of quests that you can "swoop in on." THAT PERSON that made the claim needs to bring the proof, not me.

Yes, I've played this game since '05. Fying makes most things way easier, from swooping in, to skipping things, to going over gauntlets etc. If the devs and artists build a small fort around 'Big Bad Boss Mod' .. with a small gauntlet, and guards, and traps and whatnot, and you just skip over it on your flying mount... you've essentially invalidated all that design. They might as well not make things like that anymore.

Think about the dailies at the Niuzao Temple, where you're battling bugs.. you have to help guards and pick up stones and destroy their little armored things.. you can skip so many battles by just swooping around and skipping them. I think Blizzard is upset because it wasn't designed to just skip all those mobs. Why even put them there if they are being skipped often? They would need to add "Kill ten Guards" every time. Wow has a lot of these.. help allies, collect quests.. and flying mounts let you flat out avoid many enemies because you can just fly over them.
    When you have the daily set that requires the bricks, there's also daily quests for killing Mantid. You can't just skip fighting because they do pretty much always add a "kill ten guards" or some similar variation. Collect 10 bricks, destroy 3 war wagons, kill 4 kunchong, and kill 25 attackers. It's meant to be done as one big quest, running around and slaughtering everything and collecting bricks as you go. Sure, you could just do the bricks quest and probably never get in combat with flying. But you still have a lot of fighting with the other quests. So why does it matter if a person manages to avoid a few battles while collecting bricks if they have to turn around and fight a bunch of battles anyway?

That open fort thing will be filled with other players hopping around waiting for respawns, especially if it's a daily quest or random event area. And all servers are going to be more populated once they finish connecting realms and the population surge that comes with an expansion launch. It's going to be more like the Timeless Isle with players running addons and swarming places where stuff is about to happen. Some rare event about to start in Gorgrond? You can bet that there will be at least a dozen players already there waiting on it to begin. Some rare mob in Nagrand? Another dozen players sitting around. The first week or two will be chaotic and awesome as people are learning where all the stuff is at, but it's going to become just another routine pretty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

The analogy does work. The daily quests and event areas are the rides. Getting to those rides is the line. Making players take longer to get to the rides is just increasing the length of the line.

That's like saying someone who's sitting in a city in queue for a dungeon is the same as someone who's actively doing something simply because they're both in game. Even though one is obviously waiting in line while the other is already enjoying a ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    People go back to completed zones for many reasons. Recently I did some achievements killing all the rares on a list, it was much quicker to complete and more enjoyable with a flying mount. Other people will return to cleared zones for pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies, fishing and I'm sure there are others.

Flying is faster than slogging through mobs that are no risk, challenge and little reward. Do you understand this applies to many people?

Equates to means equal to, which they are not. You rephrased my statement in a way that allows you to refute it.

I never said "its my game." You rephrased what I said incorrectly. Stop rephrasing what I've said. You are now just harassing me.
    No, I don't think explaining my intentions is harassment, especially since you are quoting and replying directly to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think explaining my intentions is harassment, especially since you are quoting and replying directly to me.
    No, you quoted my posts and rephrased what I said incorrectly. You are harassing me, stop rephrasing what I've said to mean something completely different so that you can "refute" what I've stated. Stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    When you have the daily set that requires the bricks, there's also daily quests for killing Mantid. You can't just skip fighting because they do pretty much always add a "kill ten guards" or some similar variation. Collect 10 bricks, destroy 3 war wagons, kill 4 kunchong, and kill 25 attackers. It's meant to be done as one big quest, running around and slaughtering everything and collecting bricks as you go. Sure, you could just do the bricks quest and probably never get in combat with flying. But you still have a lot of fighting with the other quests. So why does it matter if a person manages to avoid a few battles while collecting bricks if they have to turn around and fight a bunch of battles anyway?

That open fort thing will be filled with other players hopping around waiting for respawns, especially if it's a daily quest or random event area. And all servers are going to be more populated once they finish connecting realms and the population surge that comes with an expansion launch. It's going to be more like the Timeless Isle with players running addons and swarming places where stuff is about to happen. Some rare event about to start in Gorgrond? You can bet that there will be at least a dozen players already there waiting on it to begin. Some rare mob in Nagrand? Another dozen players sitting around. The first week or two will be chaotic and awesome as people are learning where all the stuff is at, but it's going to become just another routine pretty quickly.
    Again, it doesn't always work out to where you even have a kill quest. The 25 Mantid quest is in conjunction with another, where they blow up with war wagons. Again, people really aren't giving huge reasons why you need to fly on Draenor. If "slogging" or whatever is boring, don't do it. I skipped dailies on alts because they weren't fun to do multiple times and they were unnecessary. I just don't understand why people want to skip so much of the game, and then complain about being bored.(Not directed at anyone) Flight adds little to the game as a whole, and the things you already enjoy (seeing sites etc) can still happen. Its not being taken from you, just not allowed on Draenor (possibly.)

- - - Updated - - -

No, you quoted my posts and rephrased what I said incorrectly. You are harassing me, stop rephrasing what I've said to mean something completely different so that you can "refute" what I've stated. Stop it!
    No, explaining my intentions isn't harassment, again, and especially since you are directly quoting and replying to me. I'm not changing what you say. I quote it and reply to it. if you don't like the refutation, then perhaps you should have a better argument, as in, I'm not telling you how to play, so stop accusing me of doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, people really aren't giving huge reasons why you need to fly on Draenor.
    Incorrect, I just did that a few posts ago.

People go back to completed zones for many reasons. Recently I did some achievements killing all the rares on a list, it was much quicker to complete and more enjoyable with a flying mount. Other people will return to cleared zones for pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies, fishing and I'm sure there are others.

Flying is faster than slogging through mobs that are no risk, challenge and little reward. Do you understand this applies to many people?
    - - - Updated - - -

I just don't understand why people want to skip so much of the game, and then complain about being bored.(Not directed at anyone) Flight adds little to the game as a whole, and the things you already enjoy (seeing sites etc) can still happen. Its not being taken from you, just not allowed on Draenor (possibly.)
    If you don't understand, that's your problem. People enjoy different aspects of that game than you. We enjoy flying for the many reasons listed over and over again. You don't need to understand how we enjoy the game.

- - - Updated - - -

No, explaining my intentions isn't harassment, again, and especially since you are directly quoting and replying to me. I'm not changing what you say. I quote it and reply to it. if you don't like the refutation, then perhaps you should have a better argument, as in, I'm not telling you how to play, so stop accusing me of doing so.
    Truly amazing, did you even read my reply? Wrong again, you quoted my posts and rephrased what I said incorrectly. You are harassing me with these nonsense replies.

I just don't understand why people want to skip so much of the game, and then complain about being bored.(Not directed at anyone) Flight adds little to the game as a whole, and the things you already enjoy (seeing sites etc) can still happen. Its not being taken from you, just not allowed on Draenor (possibly.)
    Where is it written that flight allows you to skip the game? What was skipped in MoP because of flight?

To that logic, flight some how ruined the run to the Scarlet Monastery, where you are are 50 levels higher than any other creature in the area. That's not bypassing content, that's bypassing tedium. In MoP, I was at max level before I could get flight. So I didn't miss out on any questing that I wasn't rewarded for. I have loremaster on this character, so I didn't miss the quests either? What exactly is it that people were skipping?

Again, it doesn't always work out to where you even have a kill quest. The 25 Mantid quest is in conjunction with another, where they blow up with war wagons. Again, people really aren't giving huge reasons why you need to fly on Draenor. If "slogging" or whatever is boring, don't do it. I skipped dailies on alts because they weren't fun to do multiple times and they were unnecessary. I just don't understand why people want to skip so much of the game, and then complain about being bored.(Not directed at anyone) Flight adds little to the game as a whole, and the things you already enjoy (seeing sites etc) can still happen. Its not being taken from you, just not allowed on Draenor (possibly.)
    It almost always works out to there being kill quests along with "swoop" quests. The 25 mantid, 4 kunchong, 3 war wagons, and 10 bricks are all part of a single "set" of dailies.

Flying doesn't need to be removed because it doesn't trivialize anything. What flying does do is make it easier to get to content that players want to do. The content that will be "trivialized" will be made that way by other means, either gear progression or other players running around the area. Oondasta was an example of this, challenging content that players simply zerged into oblivion. The Timeless Isle is another more relevant example, since that's what they're using as the basis for Draenor. A pile of players waiting at any given spot to zerg something as soon as it spawns or starts up.

And the people who want flying don't want to "skip so much of the game" as if running to content was a massive and huge part of the game. Getting to content shouldn't be irritating. They should spend more time working on the content instead of worrying about how we'll approach it. If I fly over the walls of a fortress to slaughter everything inside, it doesn't matter that I ignored the two mobs guarding the gate. I'd probably kill them anyway if they had a chance to drop anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Where is it written that flight allows you to skip the game? What was skipped in MoP because of flight?

To that logic, flight some how ruined the run to the Scarlet Monastery, where you are are 50 levels higher than any other creature in the area. That's not bypassing content, that's bypassing tedium. In MoP, I was at max level before I could get flight. So I didn't miss out on any questing that I wasn't rewarded for. I have loremaster on this character, so I didn't miss the quests either? What exactly is it that people were skipping?
    Remember, skipping content with Flying is bad and therefore Flying must be removed.

However, skipping content by buying a Boost for $60 is perfectly fine and acceptable as long as it's Blizzard selling the Boost and not some Power Leveling company. Because reasons.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Remember, skipping content with Flying is bad and therefore Flying must be removed.

However, skipping content by buying a Boost for $60 is perfectly fine and acceptable as long as it's Blizzard selling the Boost and not some Power Leveling company. Because reasons.
    The boost is priced specifically to be unattractive to buy while mitigating purchasing a second WOD expansion and merging the free toon on an account. unless you have buckets of money you wont be wasting it on a whole roster of boosted chars. The target audience is NEW players, not you.

The analogy does work. The daily quests and event areas are the rides. Getting to those rides is the line. Making players take longer to get to the rides is just increasing the length of the line.

That's like saying someone who's sitting in a city in queue for a dungeon is the same as someone who's actively doing something simply because they're both in game. Even though one is obviously waiting in line while the other is already enjoying a ride.
    You're not suddenly not playing WoW the moment you sit in a city or go afk on a flight path. You're playing the game the entire time.
    If you only enjoy some parts of the game and not the whole thing then that's fine but don't expect me to think that the game starts and stops with certain activities.

I do.
    "Flying is faster" is not an argument I'm willing to accept for why it should be kept in current content.

I don't know how the "because reasons" became a thing when it wasn't very clever in the first place, yet I see it all over the place.
    Reasons matter. If you'd paid attention to the reasons for the boost maybe you wouldn't be equating it to no flying in current content.
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-06-02 at 05:30 PM.

You're not suddenly not playing WoW the moment you sit in a city or go afk on a flight path. You're playing the game the entire time.
    If you only enjoy some parts of the game and not the whole thing then that's fine but don't expect me to think that the game starts and stops with certain activities.
    You might be in the game, but you're just waiting in line to do something. You're deliberately confusing the issue with "the game starts and stops with certain activities". I never said that. Just that the rides are clearly different from the lines of getting to the rides. Running toward a quest/event area is not the ride, it's the line to get to the ride. Same as waiting in queue is the line while whatever you're queuing for is the ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do.
    "Flying is faster" is not an argument I'm willing to accept for why it should be kept in current content.
    It is a valid argument for many. You have the right to your opinion, just as we do. Blizzard will decide if flying is added to WoD based on our feedback/opinions.

Bingo! ^

Hell, some around here think if you skip the entire world and just que-craft at max thats fine. Just as long as you don't do it with a flying mount. WTF kinda thinking is that?

Ugh no, the game is a theme park game. You gain entrance to the game and inside are so called "rides". Areas of interest for you to do to and hove fun in.

The line you wait in to get into the park is indeed a line and still not a ride. Then you "wait" or have time killers that blizzard is pushing into the game to make sure you do not get to the "ride" and fun parts of the game.

The analogy fits perfectly. Much more so than some dishwasher crap. WOW in it's entirety is a theme park game and rides for players. Killing time getting at max level just to a ride is the same as standing in line. It's waste of gamer time but oh so grat for the business trying to make you waste more time keeping you paying. All at the same time still selling wow flying mounts based on the very expansion flying is being removed in. It's another joke being played on the gamers.

I dislike having the wait vs riding the ride any day. It is no where near the same ride.

There is a reason games like wow are considered theme park games. Everything there is not the same ride nor is everything there a ride in and of itself.

Cause we are being forced to waste time on the ground in currently bought content at max level. It's either waste that time with a slow ass travel from "A" to "B" or skip it entirely. Both of those choices suck just the same when being asked to pay more for an already lackluster expansion.

You might be in the game, but you're just waiting in line to do something. You're deliberately confusing the issue with "the game starts and stops with certain activities". I never said that. Just that the rides are clearly different from the lines of getting to the rides. Running toward a quest/event area is not the ride, it's the line to get to the ride. Same as waiting in queue is the line while whatever you're queuing for is the ride.
    I don't agree. I see the whole game as one big ride.

It is a valid argument for many. You have the right to your opinion, just as we do. Blizzard will decide if flying is added to WoD based on our feedback/opinions.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Ugh no, the game is a theme park game. You gain entrance to the game and inside are so called "rides". Areas of interest for you to do to and hove fun in.

The line you wait in to get into the park is indeed a line and still not a ride. Then you "wait" or have time killers that blizzard is pushing into the game to make sure you do not get to the "ride" and fun parts of the game.

The analogy fits perfectly. Much more so than some dishwasher crap. WOW in it's entirety is a theme park game and rides for players. Killing time getting at max level just to a ride is the same as standing in line. It's waste of gamer time but oh so grat for the business trying to make you waste more time keeping you paying. All at the same time still selling wow flying mounts based on the very expansion flying is being removed in. It's another joke being played on the gamers.
    Then maybe WoW should just be a lobby game so you can minimize the "lines" you have to wait in.

I dislike having the wait vs riding the ride any day. It is no where near the same ride.

There is a reason games like wow are considered theme park games. Everything there is not the same ride nor is everything there a ride in and of itself.
    That's probably the reason in a nutshell why I no longer subscribe to WoW.
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-06-02 at 05:43 PM.