10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't care whether you pro-flying casuals quit the game.

The game will be have a more focused, deep world when flying is out.

So quit if you want, because World of Warcraft is going to be better when you have to invest yourself in the world and your activities.

Later casual nerds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post

So quit if you want, because World of Warcraft is going to be better when you have to invest yourself in the world and your activities.

Later casual nerds.
    These kinds of comments are why we cant have constructive conversations on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post

Later casual nerds.
    The infrastructure is built for a play base of millions. You'd be better off if you invested yourself and your activities in an education so you'd stop saying such stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Wait until you chain quest is broken up into sections, that will be released every few weeks like TotC was.

...just to make it last a little longer.

Sooner or later people will figure out, that this is only about the extension of content and it will piss them off.
    Not saying I'd like quest chains like that...
    ...but what is it about extension of content that gets people so riled up? You do realize that content extension is nothing new, that there are plenty of arbitrary and artificial gating mechanisms already in game and that there always have been, and that without some form of content extension the MMORPG genre would be financially unsustainable?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been staying away from posting on these topics since i had my questions on it answered, but it annoys me when it seems to turn into a shout-fest. I'm very optimistic about them executing a clean ground experience for the release content and after I've had my 4 months doing it I wont care that they add flight in 6.1. I'm more concerned that they will feel obliged to make the content patches all on islands rather then no flight mainland areas. Kinda limits the terrain options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakeal View Post
    I wont care that they add flight in 6.1.
    If flight was promised to come back at 6.1, almost no one would be complaining. We have been told flight may or may not be added to Wod at 6.1 We don't know, but we know Blizzard wants no flight for Wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think ill ever convince you, but from what I've been told its slated for 6.1. I've also been told that they as a whole company grew tired of defending every change from every angle and that's why there's no more info. Its a matter of frustration. So whether or not you believe I would like to know how you would prefer content delivered to you in the "theoretical" 6.1 content. I'm actually interested. Would you want content that was flight exclusive added into the old zones to tie in with non-flight islands/zones? How would you want to gain flight back, via a quest or by a gold cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    That's of no use to me, or anyone really. Seemingly half-hearted suggestions and ideas are not going to get any sway. If you're interested in talking details about how an alternative to no flying in current content could work, I'm interested. I'm not interested in the mere idea of an alternative.
    At this point we are not debating to stop bizzard. I'm hoping to stop people from getting the expansion. blizzard will not be swayed in this move till it hits them in the pocketbooks. Nothing short of gamers not getting this expansion will have any change. I'm not entirely sold on blizzard making a change later to give flying back because at tha tpoint they just sold millions of box copies for more money.

As far as detailed ideas go, It's rather stupid for anyone to do that. Don''t work for free. Hell, Id wager blizzard only runs forums so they can leech ideas of willing ignorant gamers given up all manner of ideas. There own personal think tank.

The analogy fails because Blizzard's reason for the change is nothing to do with travel time to a quest objective area, it's about how the quest objective itself is completed.
    If that were indeed the case wow would have to change more than just removing flying. that is why it is not about the completion of quests or even how they are completed VS just making sure you don't get to the "fun" parts to quickly. It's blizzard largest carrot on a stick move I have ever seen. Keep the fun just out of reach for as long as possible.

It's not the lines that are being altered primarily, it's the rides themselves. That's the point.
    Except the rides have not changed. Every player will kill the same amount required for a quest. The same guards and the same boss and collect the same tokens needed to complete a quest. How they accomplish that is and should be a personal choice. If you don't want to accomplish it by flying you have always had that option. Just don't assume everyone wants to play the way you or blizzard thinks you should. The rides stay the same. If blizzard wants to be a little more creative in the rides than fine, removing flying is not the answer.

Well I'm hoping all of WoD max-level content will not be TI-style, because that's not really my thing. They can throw in the best parts of it for sure, but it's the max-level quest chains I'm looking forward to.
    Well, thats what you are getting. Quest chains that revolve around TI-style content. You will be sick of it because it will be everywhere. You will get 10 lvels of no flying and leveling content that you have seen in teh past 4 expansions and some random world events TI-style and then at max level. The same F'ing thinks all over again but with more TI-type content.

It's an expansion not worth $50 just so blizzard can slow down content consumption to every single wow player that steps into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think ill ever convince you, but from what I've been told its slated for 6.1. I've also been told that they as a whole company grew tired of defending every change from every angle and that's why there's no more info. Its a matter of frustration. So whether or not you believe I would like to know how you would prefer content delivered to you in the "theoretical" 6.1 content. I'm actually interested. Would you want content that was flight exclusive added into the old zones to tie in with non-flight islands/zones? How would you want to gain flight back, via a quest or by a gold cost?
    Your information is out of date. Back in 2013 Bashiok did say we would get flight at 6.1. In 2014 he revised that to we MIGHT or MIGHT NOT get flight back at 6.1 We are to "wait and see" if flying is added at 6.1 depending on customer feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Your information is out of date. Back in 2013 Bashiok did say we would get flight at 6.1. In 2014 he revised that to we MIGHT or MIGHT NOT get flight back at 6.1 We are to "wait and see" if flying is added at 6.1 depending on customer feedback.
    I don't think i can get much clearer, my data is non tweet or forum and is most definitely not dated. I've been following the subject for some time and until recently was on the fence on whether it would be good or not to have flight at all. I have had all concerns completely put to rest about the subject and would like to know your input even if you must see it as hypothetical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think i can get much clearer, my data is non tweet or forum and is most definitely not dated. I've been following the subject for some time and until recently was on the fence on whether it would be good or not to have flight at all. I have had all concerns completely put to rest about the subject and would like to know your input even if you must see it as hypothetical.
    Please read this: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...flying-mounts/

Also: Blue tweets
    From ‏@nayaga2 to @Nethaera Customers confused. Will we get flying 6.1? Yes, no or maybe

From @Nethaera to @nayaga2 Wait and see is the only real answer I can give right now. I know people want a definitive answer, but I don't have one beyond that.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-02 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I've read that, I'm not uneducated in the information you have available to you personally which is why I'm asking you to view my questions hypothetically from your point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I've read that, I'm not uneducated in the information you have available to you personally which is why I'm asking you to view my questions hypothetically from your point of view.
    Sorry I don't quite follow you. Can you rephrase or elaborate on "asking you to view my questions hypothetically from your point of view."?
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So whether or not you believe I would like to know how you would prefer content delivered to you in the "theoretical" 6.1 content. I'm actually interested. Would you want content that was flight exclusive added into the old zones to tie in with non-flight islands/zones? How would you want to gain flight back, via a quest or by a gold cost?
    Maybe I see what you are going for. I would want flight back, like I very recently said in a post:
    I think almost everyone agrees that no flight makes sense while leveling so that open-world content is experienced how Blizzard intends it. IMO no-flying should continue until the gamer has completed all quests for all WoD before getting a difficult and time consuming quest to get flight. At this point, the only thing left is what Blizzard is calling "max-level" content. In the past, "max level" content meant activities like TI. If it is like TI, I want my flying back, for me and many others TI was worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I don't quite follow you. Can you rephrase or elaborate on "asking you to view my questions hypothetically from your point of view."?
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I see what you are going for. I would want flight back, like I very recently said in a post:
    I'm looking for feedback from the perspective of flight existing on 6.1. I already know you want it, what I don't know is how you would like it. Do you think flight inclusive quests in previously no fly zones would be a draw or would you prefer all questing focused on the new content island or zone. Are you looking to receive flight for a gold cost or through a quest chain or perhaps just a unlock with the patch?

Honestly at this point the topic of whether flight is good or bad had been beat to death and i know for a fact that they want feedback on how patches going forward should be structured. Shouting at people that they are ignorant or wrong gets the conversation nowhere. So tell me how you envision the delivery of flight to you.

(i see you would prefer they just finish the quest content and get it? that could be allot of quests)
    Last edited by Zeakeal; 2014-06-02 at 09:27 PM. Reason: saw you IMO previous

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    At this point we are not debating to stop bizzard. I'm hoping to stop people from getting the expansion. blizzard will not be swayed in this move till it hits them in the pocketbooks. Nothing short of gamers not getting this expansion will have any change. I'm not entirely sold on blizzard making a change later to give flying back because at tha tpoint they just sold millions of box copies for more money.

As far as detailed ideas go, It's rather stupid for anyone to do that. Don''t work for free. Hell, Id wager blizzard only runs forums so they can leech ideas of willing ignorant gamers given up all manner of ideas. There own personal think tank.
    I don't see why it's a bad thing if they "leech" ideas from forums for example. Good ideas are good ideas, no matter where they came from.

If that were indeed the case wow would have to change more than just removing flying. that is why it is not about the completion of quests or even how they are completed VS just making sure you don't get to the "fun" parts to quickly. It's blizzard largest carrot on a stick move I have ever seen. Keep the fun just out of reach for as long as possible.
    Not really. It's not like rogue abilities or mage invisibility or druid stealth are as game-changing as flying is when it comes to completing open-world content. What else would need to be changed?

Except the rides have not changed. Every player will kill the same amount required for a quest. The same guards and the same boss and collect the same tokens needed to complete a quest. How they accomplish that is and should be a personal choice. If you don't want to accomplish it by flying you have always had that option. Just don't assume everyone wants to play the way you or blizzard thinks you should. The rides stay the same. If blizzard wants to be a little more creative in the rides than fine, removing flying is not the answer.
    It should be a personal choice to an extent. Flying should not be included in that, no more so than teleportation or invulnerability or walking through walls.
    As has already been discussed, using a ground mount is not a viable option when you are playing with other people. Right now flying is the standard and if you don't want to gimp yourself you have to fly.

Well, thats what you are getting. Quest chains that revolve around TI-style content. You will be sick of it because it will be everywhere. You will get 10 lvels of no flying and leveling content that you have seen in teh past 4 expansions and some random world events TI-style and then at max level. The same F'ing thinks all over again but with more TI-type content.

It's an expansion not worth $50 just so blizzard can slow down content consumption to every single wow player that steps into the game.
    I'm not convinced yet, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Not saying I'd like quest chains like that...
    ...but what is it about extension of content that gets people so riled up? You do realize that content extension is nothing new, that there are plenty of arbitrary and artificial gating mechanisms already in game and that there always have been, and that without some form of content extension the MMORPG genre would be financially unsustainable?
    Because the best gates are the ones you don't realize are gates. What they have turned WoW into is 'Do the same exact thing that you did this week, for the next 8 consecutive weeks' then you can finally move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the best gates are the ones you don't realize are gates. What they have turned WoW into is 'Do the same exact thing that you did this week, for the next 8 consecutive weeks' then you can finally move on.
    Nothing was "turned" into. every single iteration of this game has been that way. At least nowadays I've more things to actually DO.
    Last edited by Zeakeal; 2014-06-02 at 10:15 PM. Reason: punctuation

Nothing was "turned" into. every single iteration of this game has been that way. At least nowadays I've more things to actually DO.
    And I disagree with you. In tbc we had badge gear at the end, and raids. We had a limit of 10 daily quests per day, and they were for money making not gear. You could run Kara, SSC, TK, mag, gruuls, BT all in the same day if you wanted.

In WotLK there was jewel crafting dailies, and you could run reps for dungeons or do hodir dailies. You could chain run dailies and gear up,alts in a weekend with tiered gear.

So on and so on. Now we have in MoP dailies with weekly caps and total caps. It ensures that you will never consume too much content.

And I disagree with you. In tbc we had badge gear at the end, and raids. We had a limit of 10 daily quests per day, and they were for money making not gear. You could run Kara, SSC, TK, mag, gruuls, BT all in the same day if you wanted.

In WotLK there was jewel crafting dailies, and you could run reps for dungeons or do hodir dailies. You could chain run dailies and gear up,alts in a weekend with tiered gear.

So on and so on. Now we have in MoP dailies with weekly caps and total caps. It ensures that you will never consume too much content.
    Some of those made no sense. Bosses dropping Badges, what? And why would Knights of the Ebon Blade care if you killed some trolls in Gundrak, because you were wearing their banner?

The rest of that stuff I don't see as any different from what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Original wow had weekly lockouts for the actual endgame content ergo raids as that's all there was. BC had the same model to control your badge income. It wasn't until late wrath that they began to put a cap on badges and that was to prevent over play and stockpiling more then to make sure you slowed down. Only a masochist wanted to run every instance every day for badges. So no, nothing has changed except that there's more nonraid things to do.(liking them is subjective) Most everything you posted has not seen a single change only additions. As for running tier one and 2 bosses all in the same week? I can do that now too if I really wanted to sooooo....whats your point? Having no limits on daily's somehow makes you do the same ones every day? I mean you cant buy tier sets anymore but there's plenty of equivalent gear you can make/buy.
    Last edited by Zeakeal; 2014-06-02 at 10:45 PM. Reason: punctuation and capatilization