Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    So you believe World PVP is fine regardless of the fact that PVP servers have become horrifically imbalanced? A problem mind you, that Blizzard has acknowledged publicly what, 100 different times in lengthly posts???

lol, as usual you manage to put a smile on my face.
    So you're fine trusting and fully supporting what Blizzard says in regards to things you agree with, like WPvP. But when it comes to them giving a reason for removing flying, they are dirty liars who are lying so they can take development in a horrible direction. Which is it? Do you trust or distrust Blizz posts because so far I've seen you do both in this thread.

I know you won't answer my question directly but side step it somehow, but can I also remind you that I'm waiting for your source on this:

The majority of the player base wants it. It is only a fringe amount of non flyers that want it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    I do think that most people will not like that flying is being removed, but not liking it and quiting because of it are very different things. Most people will not care enough about it to quit just because they can't fly. Average player = "No flying? Oh, that sucks. Continues playing...."
    Disagree... I quit because even the thought of no flight shows how off kilter and out of touch the WOW team is with their community. It is funny to see Blizzard, the developer who touts over and over and over how far in advance they work on expansions, is going to wait and see. It defies everything they have ever said and done. Blizzard more than any other video game developer does not "WAIT AND SEE." They are lying to buy themselves time on something they know is a raw deal for the players.

I quit over no flying and immediately started in on my friends to join me in the Wildstar beta. Since that time, many of my friends have joined me. I have had multiple comments that say, I cannot go back to WOW type combat of tab-target. Rift, SWTOR and others mimics wows combat system, but Wildstar is something completely new.

Even if people get bored of Wildstar, i am not sure players are going to be able to go back to the static, non-phrenic, boring tab-target system of WOW.

Wildstar takes much more skill to play that WOW. WOW caters to the casual easy mode players. Removing the casual players conveniences such as flying is counter-intuitive. Skilled players will always be looking for the next generation to tackle. i am not sure Wildstar is next gen, but it is certainly not current gen.

Casual players play what they know. They want to log in and just have fun doing what they always do. Taking away conveniences, such as the games main source of transportation for 7 years, may just get them to stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for the reasonable people who don't want flying removed. Your loudest proponents are Barkloud and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    So you're fine trusting and fully supporting what Blizzard says in regards to things you agree with, like WPvP. But when it comes to them giving a reason for removing flying, they are dirty liars who are lying so they can take development in a horrible direction. Which is it? Do you trust or distrust Blizz posts because so far I've seen you do both in this thread.

I know you won't answer my question directly but side step it somehow, but can I also remind you that I'm waiting for your source on this:
    I played from Vanilla to End of CATA completely happy. I was your classic fan boy. I played on Tich and the server was balanced all that time. About 90 days after MOP launched I noticed that my server population was completely imbalanced.

After it started taking me over 30 minutes and countless deaths just to accept the quests at Golden Lotus I decided to call Blizzard customer service and ask for a free transfer or a faction change so I could play the game. i was a vanilla launch customer with multiple accounts, surely they would allow one character to transfer for free.

Blizzard said we know your server has become really imbalanced, we are experiencing this problem on many PVP servers. We are unable to give you a free transfer. I said my main character, which is 7 years old at this point, is no longer accessible.

Blizzards response was "we know," that is why we give you the option to re-roll on another server for free or pay to move him to a server that is playable for alliance.

I eventually paid the $30 for a transfer, in fact my whole guild did. A guild with over 300 members, all of which had multiple toons.

Although people only moved their favorite toons, I am guessing Blizzard made between $3,000 and $5,000 in transfer fees so my guildies could have access to MOP.

Blizz is not a dirty liar, they are a dirty whore. I guess Dirty whores are fun when you have nothing else to play with. Now that there are other things to play with i want to enlighten as many people as possible that they should demand from Blizzard the type of game they want to play.

Does this answer your question, or should I be more direct?

The game has going from a sandbox to a side scroller. What you are witnessing is that evolution.
    Yeah, "OK Barkloud."

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Yeah, "OK Barkloud."
    It is a rare day that you and I agree. I did not think it would happen.

Wrong. They don't want you to have too much freedom.
    Okay, fair enough.

/You kids are allowed to play in the yard, as long as you stay on the 3' X 3' patio. :-)

I played from Vanilla to End of CATA completely happy. I was your classic fan boy. I played on Tich and the server was balanced all that time. About 90 days after MOP launched I noticed that my server population was completely imbalanced.

After it started taking me over 30 minutes and countless deaths just to accept the quests at Golden Lotus I decided to call Blizzard customer service and ask for a free transfer or a faction change so I could play the game. i was a vanilla launch customer with multiple accounts, surely they would allow one character to transfer for free.

Blizzard said we know your server has become really imbalanced, we are experiencing this problem on many PVP servers. We are unable to give you a free transfer. I said my main character, which is 7 years old at this point, is no longer accessible.

Blizzards response was "we know," that is why we give you the option to re-roll on another server for free or pay to move him to a server that is playable for alliance.

I eventually paid the $30 for a transfer, in fact my whole guild did. A guild with over 300 members, all of which had multiple toons.

Although people only moved their favorite toons, I am guessing Blizzard made between $3,000 and $5,000 in transfer fees so my guildies could have access to MOP.

Blizz is not a dirty liar, they are a dirty whore. I guess Dirty whores are fun when you have nothing else to play with. Now that there are other things to play with i want to enlighten as many people as possible that they should demand from Blizzard the type of game they want to play.

Does this answer your question, or should I be more direct?
    I'm not sure you answered anything. It was a good story though. You rolled on a PvP server. Somehow played there for 7 years happily. MoP came and you kept getting ganked. Those 7 years of experience didn't really pay off as you couldn't figure out how to avoid being ganked. You called Blizzard and lied to them by telling them you're character is "no longer accessible". You didn't get your way. That's what i got from your story.

It didn't do anything to answer this:
    The majority of the player base wants it. It is only a fringe amount of non flyers that want it removed.
    Patiently awaiting your source.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar58 View Post
    @Drytoast

Seems to me you dont like any kind of travel in the world...so why are you worried about content in the outside world if you seem to avoid everything of the matter.
    You hate:
    -Meeting people in the world
    -Timeless Isle
    -Platforming
    -Wpvp
    -Traveling in general
    -Wasting time from mob to mob

If you hate all of this then stop complaining about something you already dont do. Keep queueing in major cities for instanced content and dont bother people who enjoy stuff to do on the outsideworld with other players.
    You can still fly in Orgrimmar / Stormwind while you are queued in WoD you know...
    Things I like;

- raiding
    - leveling through (THE FIRST TIME)
    - making gold
    - instanced pvp, mostly arenas or rated bg's.
    - chatting in vent with the guild

Things I don't like;

- anything that is wasting my time needlessly (kinda like the removal of flying mounts)
    - being told how I should play the game
    - questing after the first time
    - gather mats (but I do it out of necessity)
    - being stuck on a flying mount and realizing that I clicked the wrong spot, need to change destinations or dismount...
    - being stunned/dazed by a nothing mob off my mount
    - and yes I think wpvp is a joke. So I dont cry over the fact that it's dead.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-10 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Can't speak for Drytoast, but I love flying travel.

I did hate the entire format of IT. Jumping puzzles and zerg fest on "rare" spawns that pop up constantly and aren't rare at all, is not for me.

Platforming, not interested.

WPvP, well I'm on a PvE servers, so yep, not interested.

Traveling in general is fine as long as it doesn't slow me done getting the content I'm interested it.

Wasting time on low level mobs is not fun for me. No risk, no challenge and little reward. If you enjoy this, go right ahead, it just isn't what I want to spend my limited time on.

- - - Updated - - -

it's less about convenience and more about how we want to spend our time in the game. Not everyone wants to spend time on the same aspects of the game, image that!
    Flying adds no gameplay it simply adds convenience. Its exactly what its about.

I'm not sure you answered anything. It was a good story though. You rolled on a PvP server. Somehow played there for 7 years happily. MoP came and you kept getting ganked. Those 7 years of experience didn't really pay off as you couldn't figure out how to avoid being ganked. You called Blizzard and lied to them by telling them you're character is "no longer accessible". You didn't get your way. That's what i got from your story.

It didn't do anything to answer this:

Patiently awaiting your source.
    According to your comments skill is a defining factor in WPVP. Maybe you can give me some pointers on surviving.

Question 1: What is the best way to survive when you are the only green colored name anywhere you go?

Question 2: When you decide to put together a group of 15 or so people to do your dailies with, what is the best way to fight the 60 to 75 opposing players who are drooling at the realization that there are actually opposing players to attack?

and for the record.... Flying will be back. The casual playerbase that dominates this game will demand it, and Blizzard will happily comply. Argue all you want, but you and I both know this to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Flying adds no gameplay it simply adds convenience. Its exactly what its about.
    What do you mean by "gameplay"?

For me, "gameplay" would be any activity in the game I have fun with. I have fun flying, just for the sake of flying. Flying is fun gameplay for me. What is fun in the game is subjective, each of us can enjoy different aspects of the game. I don't like pet battles, to me they are beyond boring, but I don't campaign for their removal or proclaim that no one has fun with pet battles.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-10 at 08:47 PM.

It is a rare day that you and I agree. I did not think it would happen.
    I guess patronizing someone is harder over the internet. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Okay, fair enough.

/You kids are allowed to play in the yard, as long as you stay on the 3' X 3' patio. :-)
    Hyperbole, exaggeration, and flat-out lying doesn't help anyone's case.

Come on now, don't second guess yourself, you are so assured when you make posts. It is okay to agree with me, really.... It is.

- - - Updated - - -

If you support flying returning to WOW please make a post about it on the following official WOW forum thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7128936?page=1
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-06-10 at 09:42 PM.

According to your comments skill is a defining factor in WPVP. Maybe you can give me some pointers on surviving.

Question 1: What is the best way to survive when you are the only green colored name anywhere you go?

Question 2: When you decide to put together a group of 15 or so people to do your dailies with, what is the best way to fight the 60 to 75 opposing players who are drooling at the realization that there are actually opposing players to attack?

and for the record.... Flying will be back. The casual playerbase that dominates this game will demand it, and Blizzard will happily comply. Argue all you want, but you and I both know this to be true.
    This is like the fifth post you haven't posted a source for what I keep asking. I understand not everything necessarily needs to be cited, but all you are is ridiculous claims after ridiculous claims and I really feel like this needs to be put in check.

This is like the fifth post you haven't posted a source for what I keep asking. I understand not everything necessarily needs to be cited, but all you are is ridiculous claims after ridiculous claims and I really feel like this needs to be put in check.
    Why bother trying to get something credible from someone who is clearly making it up lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Why bother trying to get something credible from someone who is clearly making it up lol?
    I would say no one knows either way, but Alex the lead dev put it at 50 - 50

Half is "the majority" under what definitions?

If you don't think removal of flight makes WoW even more of an MMO on rails, I don't know what else to try. Common sense didn't work, neither did facts regarding the change in game fron TBC which was an MMO off rails, to the current iteration of WoW.

Me thinks you just have your mind set and nothing would sway you from you perch.

But just because 50% of people still want flying does not mean they will quit if it isn't there. Quitting because of something so small is reserved for the extremists.