Quote Originally Posted by Real World View Post
    Star Wars "Quick Travel" = WoW Hearthstone, but with a twist. You still have a 1hour CD, but you can choose any travel point in the sector. This allows for convenience, but 15m vs 60m slows that convenience by 400%.

Flight paths are likely "code blocks", so when a Dev drops a block on a coordinate, and pairs it to another, they can test the functionality. As for the streamlining, that would naturally occur multiple times before the live version is ready. Since I am not a Blizz Dev, I cannot speak to any template styles which they might use for a burn in test.

As for my statement, that is how I will handle my own personal perception of the game, and how it affects me. I cannot speak to the other 7M players, their "process", or the level of their specific immersion or playstyles. That is for them to decide. You might believe it is in "their" best interests, but the only real interest served in such a statement is your own. If players find this conversation to be of major importance, it will be front and center. If they do not care one way or another, that again, is their prerogative, not yours, and not mine. Just as they cannot tell you what it important on their agenda, neither can the reverse occur.

If people did as I said I would do (never did I tell anyone, or ask them to do things my way), they would be given a distinct opportunity to see the game for what it is at launch. I am not here to tell them what they should, or should not do. It is not my place. Blizzard is making an expansion, which I will critique in my own way. If others choose to, or not to critique it, that is their business, not mine. If they choose to judge it before it even installs, again, their business. I can only speak to what I personally plan to do.

I do agree that selling mounts made in Draenor, by Draenor, for Draenor, that cannot be used as flying mounts in the current content, is in poor taste. Also, there continue to be more flying mounts data mined, and mentioned. This leads me to believe that the lack of flying will not be a permanent thing. If no flying til 6.1 is a success, or a failure, there is still a great chance it will be patched in. This will create a new precedent for 7.0-7.1 and 8.0-8.1, allowing them to always extend the no flying at cap rule for the first patch of each new expansion. This is, of course, just a hypothesis, but the element of flying mounts in Draenor, and a flying race of Arakkoa tells me there will be beasts in the skies of Draenor.

As for Blizzard's comments/promises, unless it makes it into the patch notes, I tend to put little stock in it. Trying out WoD may just be an exercise in futility for me. But, I have to at least give it a try, and give them the benefit of the doubt. I cannot claim to love their game while simultaneously hating the game's creator. That would be hypocritical of me. Instead, I choose to remain above reproach and allow them their mistakes. If it becomes unforgivable, I will certainly move on and put my faith in another game, and its development team. For now, I will stand firm on testing WoD for myself. I love my flying mounts, and value the money I have spent for some of them from the shop. Others have taken dozens of hours to farm. Do I want flying removed from the game? No. Am I upset there will be no immediate flying at level cap in WoD? Yes. Will I hold Blizz to the fire and make them prove their content and features outweigh my need for a flying mount? Absolutely.

I am happy to have this discussion, but please understand, at no time will I allow passion to push down my principles, or my position. You are free to do whatever you choose, and I am not here to stop you, or sway you. I am only here to share what I, personally, will be doing in 6.0/6.05.
    I am not trying to sway anyone either. I am trying to inform them. I think posts like this are good because they are entertaining to read and it doesn't matter where you click, every page says the same thing. People are able to form their own opinion.

Someone may come to this forum and want to get information on a new rotation or build. They may come across this post and say wow look at this 560 page post about no flying in the new expansion, what is that about?

That person then becomes aware about flying and can make an informed decision about purchasing the expansion.

Blizzard has offered flying for 7 years. It is going to be expected that people can fly in the next expansion. How many people come to these forums 25,000 to 50,000? That is nothing compared to how many people play.

To sell an expansion and not inform people that travel they have used for the past seven years is being removed is disingenuous in my opinion.

You say in your post at the beginning Barkloud:
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I am not trying to sway anyone either. I am trying to inform them.
    Then you say just a few short lines later:
    To sell an expansion and not inform people that travel they have used for the past seven years is being removed is disingenuous in my opinion.
    You literally just did a 180. You say you aren't try to sway peoples opinions one way or the other then you say you are mad they aren't telling people they are removing flying, WHICH THEY AREN'T and THEY DID INFORM PEOPLE.

You are trying to sway opinion, that is what this entire thread boils down to swaying opinions one way or the other. There is nothing anyone can do, some people like this change, some don't care (myself) and some like it, it all doesn't matter in the end, if anything this thread shows that no matter what people will argue about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    You say in your post at the beginning Barkloud:

Then you say just a few short lines later:

You literally just did a 180. You say you aren't try to sway peoples opinions one way or the other then you say you are mad they aren't telling people they are removing flying, WHICH THEY AREN'T and THEY DID INFORM PEOPLE.

You are trying to sway opinion, that is what this entire thread boils down to swaying opinions one way or the other. There is nothing anyone can do, some people like this change, some don't care (myself) and some like it, it all doesn't matter in the end, if anything this thread shows that no matter what people will argue about something.
    I do not care how people feel about flying being removed or flying staying. I care about them knowing that this is happening.

I felt cheated when i bought MOP. If I knew the only five mans I was going to see where the ones that launched I may not have bought the expansion.

I bought MOP expecting 20 dungeons like every other expansion. How many did we get again?

In my opinion, it is wrong to make major infrastructural changes to a product that has been on the market for years without informing your customers first.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-06-26 at 12:11 AM.

Not really.... people choose to feel alienated. I love my flying mounts, but I can live with the idea of No Flying for a while, if I like it, then it will be fine, if you don't instead of bitching why not just quit?
    I'm questioning the the ultimate logic behind this move. If they stay steady and keep flying completely out of WoD they'll obviously alienate a lot of people whether you agree with them or not. Some players feel strongly about their flying regardless of your stance on the subject. If they buckle and introduce flying at a later date then they alienate the flying crowd who were all gung-ho about an expansion with no flying and they look weak.

Which begs the question of what their ultimate plan is here other than to piss off some of their customers? It can't be because they honestly feel it's what's best for the game if they aren't even sure they're going ahead with it yet. And if they're lying about that why not just come out and say so at this point and end the conjecture?

and as an edit, I did quit because of how this was handled on Blizzard part and spent my WoD money on Wildstar. I don't care one way of the other about no flying in Draenor. I very much care about Blizzard being sneaky about what's going into WoD.
    Last edited by bryroo; 2014-06-26 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    I'm questioning the the ultimate logic behind this move. If they stay steady and keep flying completely out of WoD they'll obviously alienate a lot of people whether you agree with them or not. Some players feel strongly about their flying regardless of your stance on the subject. If they buckle and introduce flying at a later date then they alienate the flying crowd who were all gung-ho about an expansion with no flying and they look weak.

Which begs the question of what their ultimate plan is here other than to piss off some of their customers? It can't be because they honestly feel it's what's best for the game if they aren't even sure they're going ahead with it yet. And if they're lying about that why not just come out and say so at this point and end the conjecture?

and as an edit, I did quit because of how this was handled on Blizzard part and spent my WoD money on Wildstar. I don't care one way of the other about no flying in Draenor. I very much care about Blizzard being sneaky about what's going into WoD.
    I think people are consuming content too fast. Thats my opinion.

I agree with you.

I agree, I learned that lesson the hard way this tier..... was burned out before Christmas.....

The reason they are doing it is because of the new puzzles and exploration things, if Pandaria wasn't an indicator, at launch you could just fly through grab all the lore objects for the Lorewalkers in a few hours time.... they don't want you to do that, despite the fact that you may want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Flight paths are usually optional, go ahead and stay on the ground.
    Flying mount is optional, you can use it but you don't have to so go ahead and use your ground mount and leave people that love flying enjoy it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    This game is optional too, can we not talk about how I have to work harder to make the game compelling for me? Thanks.
    There are many challenging and difficult aspects to the game, no reason to make travel difficult.

I agree, I learned that lesson the hard way this tier..... was burned out before Christmas.....

The reason they are doing it is because of the new puzzles and exploration things, if Pandaria wasn't an indicator, at launch you could just fly through grab all the lore objects for the Lorewalkers in a few hours time.... they don't want you to do that, despite the fact that you may want to do that.
    If they felt that way they'd man up and say so instead of one or two Titan rejects dropping hints in interviews and CMs giving 'we aren't sure even though we're in alpha right now and that response makes us incompetent'.

Blizzard has no problem stepping up and making the statement when they feel it's in the best interest of the game. We've had dev watercoolers about the stat squish, ability pruning, and healing changes but still mums the word on this subject. Even by Blizzard standards this isn't anything more than the rantings of one or two over bearing designers.

If they felt that way they'd man up and say so instead of one or two Titan rejects dropping hints in interviews and CMs giving 'we aren't sure even though we're in alpha right now and that response makes us incompetent'.

Blizzard has no problem stepping up and making the statement when they feel it's in the best interest of the game. We've had dev watercoolers about the stat squish, ability pruning, and healing changes but still mums the word on this subject. Even by Blizzard standards this isn't anything more than the rantings of one or two over bearing designers.
    But thats the thing.... I am sure you know just as well as I do, we aren't getting flying at launch, later is the question, and they are in a win-win for that, they haven't made a decision so if enough people bitch then they will add it eventually.

I am not trying to sway anyone either. I am trying to inform them. I think posts like this are good because they are entertaining to read and it doesn't matter where you click, every page says the same thing. People are able to form their own opinion.

Someone may come to this forum and want to get information on a new rotation or build. They may come across this post and say wow look at this 560 page post about no flying in the new expansion, what is that about?

That person then becomes aware about flying and can make an informed decision about purchasing the expansion.

Blizzard has offered flying for 7 years. It is going to be expected that people can fly in the next expansion. How many people come to these forums 25,000 to 50,000? That is nothing compared to how many people play.

They announced at Blizzcon there would be no flying until 6.1. People are already aware that flying will not be available in the first patch. At this point, news has likely hit every server, and every fan site. Some players are probably even watching Alpha streams and hearing those players mention it. While your crusade to inform people is your business, I hate to tell you that people will make up their own minds, regardless of what we say, or what this thread has to offer. Some will laugh, some will cheer, some will play anyway, and some others might even unsub. But, it is not our job to lead them into some promised land of information. Ultimately, more and more, you are only truly worried about your game, and your ability to fly in 6.1. Telling the world is really just a coping mechanism. Deep down, you think if you tell enough people, and perpetuate the discussion, that just like in an underdog story from the 80s, a montage will whiz buy as you get all the support you need to "save flying mounts everywhere". I don't think flying will be gone past 6.1. I truly don't. I think players will get bored after 5 months at level cap and having to look at flight paths, or alternatives. I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but this is not a movie, and you are not the people's hero.

But thats the thing.... I am sure you know just as well as I do, we aren't getting flying at launch, later is the question, and they are in a win-win for that, they haven't made a decision so if enough people bitch then they will add it eventually.
    That doesn't answer the ultimate question of why it's in question at all. Why they would announce flying in 6.1 and then change their mind or why they won't be clear on their intentions at this point even though they're selling WoD at full price.

People and by the looks of it Blizzard are still ignoring the fact that biggest "killer" of exploration, world PvP, or anything that requires 2+ people or more is and it always was is ability to queue for everything ( not counting normal/Hc raids ) thus removing anything mentioned. Redesign of queues would help alot.....

That doesn't answer the ultimate question of why it's in question at all. Why they would announce flying in 6.1 and then change their mind or why they won't be clear on their intentions at this point even though they're selling WoD at full price.
    They never promised flight in 6.1, they said they are unsure, it was never a sure-fire thing. Really though, it was a question AT ALL for the reason I have said now atleast a dozen times over the past 200 pages..... they do not want people to trivialize the puzzles that can net you a piece of epic gear.

Because Blizzard is a company and they like their money so they are not willing to risk losing money if they say everything to players. They are aware that there is a possibility to lose insane amount of revenue if they say " NO FLYING FOR GOOD ", thus we are still kept in < insert word here >

I do not care how people feel about flying being removed or flying staying. I care about them knowing that this is happening.

I felt cheated when i bought MOP. If I knew the only five mans I was going to see where the ones that launched I may not have bought the expansion.

I bought MOP expecting 20 dungeons like every other expansion. How many did we get again?

In my opinion, it is wrong to make major infrastructural changes to a product that has been on the market for years without informing your customers first.

I think you might want to go back and watch the 90 minutes at Blizzcon discussing WoD, and what was coming. Most of the information about WoD has been on the main Battle.Net site for months, long before the sale of Pre-orders. Do I think it was wrong to recant his statement from last November the way Bashiok did? Yes. Are they offering refunds for people who feel wronged? Yes. Has this entire thing since Blizzcon been handled poorly from a PR perspective? Yes. Are some of us looking past the blunders and looking forward to the next installment of our favorite MMO? Absolutely. If you feel this betrayed by WoD, and you were that let down by MoP, don't you think maybe it is time to take a short break from the game? Maybe some time away will allow you some clarity to see if the fight is really with Blizzard, or with yourself. It is possible that this makes a great red herring to keep you from facing the real truth that maybe you are just bored with the game and need a break, or a change. I am not telling you to quit, or go to the extremes which Superman went, but maybe 14 days away from the game, and the forum, might give you a chance to clear your head and see what is really important. Perspective:

This is a real concern:

A bomb blast kills 21 people in Nigeria

This is not a real concern:

No pixelated dragons in a video game for a couple of months

21 families have lost someone in an explosion. 7M people can't fly in a video game.

Perspective...

Well people die each day, it is the fact. Millions die due to cancer, flue, traffic accidents... there isnt simply enough time to worry about all the death that surround us on a daily basis.

They never promised flight in 6.1, they said they are unsure, it was never a sure-fire thing. Really though, it was a question AT ALL for the reason I have said now atleast a dozen times over the past 200 pages..... they do not want people to trivialize the puzzles that can net you a piece of epic gear.
    Yes. Flight was originally planned for 6.1 when they announced WoD at Blizzcon 2013.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/11/fl...til-patch-6-1/
    Last edited by bryroo; 2014-06-26 at 01:40 AM. Reason: citation

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well people die each day, it is the fact. Millions die due to cancer, flue, traffic accidents... there isnt simply enough time to worry about all the death that surround us on a daily basis.
    Yet there is plenty of time to set aside to worry about how I move my pixels on a screen.