Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Ur forgetting that its blizzards right to give u things and take it away. Ur acting as if u experienced no flying trough the entire WoD expansion already. How about everyone shuts up for now, pro and anti, and well continue this debate 8 months from now.
    I've experienced the start of expansions multiple times. I know how it is without flying and I also know how that same content is with flying, except for Pandaria. Which needs a major overhaul questwise, it's almost as bad as Outland questing after the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    what's your fucking problem? I haven't even talked about WPVP in any of my last few posts. I merely mentioned it as one of the many reasons why flying is bad.
    My problem is people like you that want to force what you enjoy in the game and I don't, on to me. You really piss me off. It is so hard not to type what I really think of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    My problem is people like you that want to force what you enjoy in the game and I don't, on to me. You really piss me off. It is so hard not to type what I really think of you.
    go ahead, I can take it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I've experienced the start of expansions multiple times. I know how it is without flying and I also know how that same content is with flying, except for Pandaria. Which needs a major overhaul questwise, it's almost as bad as Outland questing after the first time.
    U experienced the start of expansion? Any full length expansions? Or only the leveling experience?
    U didnt like MoP and Outland? What was bad about it?

Thats what they are fixing by not allowing flight in draenor. They added more world content, removed flying so world content can be approached as it should in its design. Imagine doing a jump puzzle and instead just land at the top on ur flying mount. Draenor is designed around groundview. And i hope they honour their own design.
    EXCEPT ... feed back from beta says it is the exact same as MoP but with prettier skin.

Jumping puzzles I love jumping puzzles Wildstar has a ton of em .. but the thing is the game is designed for it WoW is not. You jump in WoW you are committed you are going to land in the exact same spot no matter how you twist or turn. Can you honestly say the jumping puzzle in IoT was fun ( I use that one cause it is the only one people seemed to do more then once) ... or the jumping puzzles on TI were fun...

Ok. So going with you, they fail in quality quest design and are therfore forced to remove flight or their game wont work.
    So be it. If that´s what makes the game better they should. They are the experts right?

Why are you so pissed off about them doing what they think is right'?
    because it is nothing but a way to slow down the consumption of content .. it has nothing to do with making a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    There is a quest in SMV in which you have to infiltrate an orc base disguised as an orc, but the wolves can sense you (they are moving constantly) so you have to very carefully sneak and plan your path ahead.
    Imagine that with a flying mount...
    Don't have to imagine it they had very similar quests in BC ... here is the they though... No one is bitching about not having flight while leveling..

Thats just one of countless examples indeed.

I really wonder what the argument would be for pro flight other than travel time and convenience.
    How about keeping the game fun, and not the tedious grind that you can experience in a Korean MMO.

your problem if you get upset, I'm merely trying to tell people that the removal of flying is a good thing
    In your OPINION... thankfully it appears Blizz didn't go full retard and is only going to limit flight for a short time.

All your examples are getting countered though.
    As they always do with these anti flight people

Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    Imagine if trying to mount up broke your disguise....
    That is what they did before.

No flying content. U mean timeless isle? Isle of thunder? Isle of giants? Sunreaver sanctuary? Battlegrounds? Tol Barad? Raids? People had good fun there. Suppose u just didnt like it. Its funny how everyone gets SO upset about a means of transportation that can easily be replaced by countless others that dont have a major impact on the livety of the world.
    We have seen non instanced (no one is saying they want to fly there), no flying content, it has a self life of about 3 months then everyone goes back to the content that has flight.

Removal of flight is nothing more the creating a greater timesink in game (gating) that they realized they can longer do with dailies. It has zero to do with making a better game .. and it shows with what has been seen in beta.

they're not getting countered. you simply repeat the same old crap

'my 'immersion' is different than yours'

'I like flying, it doesn't cause me to feel less immersed'

which is bullshit
    Immersion is subjective ... until you get that through your noodle you really don't have a leg to stand on.

Everyone of your points have been countered.

You lose all credibility for having a intelligent discussion when you say your opinion is fact btw ... you just come off as juvenile.

I can link the definition of opinion if you like.

I wonder if all the Pro flyers are PvE-ers and all the Anti flyers are PvP-ers.
    Would make sense though.
    Very possible I have already said remove flight from PVP servers.

Here is the thing though over 50% of the people that play this game are on PVE servers and could really give two shits to the wind about pvp.

Or give players the option to choose between a no-fly and fly server.Regardless of PvE and Pvp. And see the influx and economy go to shit as serverhoppers come from flight servers to no flight servers, etc.
    I am all for it but I don't think it would have the result you think it would... you would have the majority move to the flight servers .. why cause the majority of WoWs player base is casual and don't find riding through an area for the 100th time to get dismounted by a mob that poses no threat challenge or reward while on their way to the part of the game they want play... to be fun or compelling game play.

Proof is in Blizzard going back to " 6.1 seems like a good place to allow flight" .. and not "We don't know wait and see"

ever heard of something called 'adding new quests?'

quests that can't be as awesome as the ones without flying because flying will just trivialize them
    Flying only trivializes poorly designed quests... bottom line.

As far as adding new quests Blizzard doesn't have a great track record for releasing content ... Hell I even could work if Blizz did certain things .. One of the being releasing content at a rate of about 6 content patches a year... and I mean mayjor ones .. not " Oh here is a raid and 5 quests BS"

Blizzard gave u that choice and can take it away.
    Right back at ya since it seems flying is returning in 6.1 if not sooner ... huh wonder why Blizzard changed course that one?

Now that I am finally caught up .. in a way it is nice to see we have replacements for Ordinator and Mr. Sith Hamster, the board gets boring when it is filled with people capable of reason and cognitive thought.

You force flying onto me in order for me to stay competitive, how is it any different?

Deleted
    If ur on a PvE realm, u shoulnd give a shit? Not like PvE realmers are actively going to PvP.
    Or are you on a PvP realm? If so, why are u on a pvp realm if u loathe world pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is why ur scared of no flight?
    I've explained it countless time. I need to leave this thread for a while you people are really pissing me of. GFY

U experienced the start of expansion? Any full length expansions? Or only the leveling experience?
    I experienced it in Vanilla and although I loved the game you know what I really hated about ... fucking travel..

When I would try and get friends to play even the recent expac... the main complaint.. "Feels like all you do is run everywhere"

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    You force flying onto me in order for me to stay competitive, how is it any different?
    what are you competing for ... after leveling I wasn't aware anything in this game was a race cept maybe gathering...

Hell I even use my ground mount when I am farming leather... so I guess you could just use your flying mount when farming...

There problem solved.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-16 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    The content on the ground that we fly too?

If the argument is "We are removing flying because it hampers our ability to make good max level ground quests", then why can;t they design max level quests that involve flying, like they have done in the past?

The vast majority of max level content is in instances, how does flying effect that?

The content that IS in the world, on the ground, people FLY to get to. As I said before, people don;t go "Look at that awesome ground content, well to bad I can't do that stuff, being already mounted up and flying."

No, they fly TO that stuff and DO it.

As an aside, why not make content that includes, caters to and rewards flying in the open world at max level, you know, that being the reward we get for leveling in that world? Why not expand on flight in an expansion, why restrict it?

Is that the extent of Blizz's design choices? "Well, we can't do anything with that anymore, cut it."
    Well they had a awesome map on mists of pandaria that I did like riding around on the map but then they destroyed with the siege of orgrimmar sha-lings in vale of eternal blossoms.So with that ugly change I rather afk fly run through that map because it's foul.So fine if you can't fly in next expansion I'll level all 8 of my 90's to 100 and go soup nazi saying "NO SUBSCRIPTION MONEY FOR YOU,YOU GO NOW!!".Already gave up the rift because of those annoying land mounts that make you get knocked by mobs, also really you get tired of looking at the maps content after leveling your first toon--what's the point.I like my bloodbath frostbrood vanquisher and it look horrible as a land mount.

I've explained it countless time. I need to leave this thread for a while you people are really pissing me of. GFY
    If you can't take people having different opinions than you, then you really should leave to be honest.

Most quests in WoW are boring after the first time. Outland in general isn't that appealing to me and MoP questing doesn't offer much alternative routes, while in WotLK you can go multiple ways right from the start and even mix them, just like Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Most quests in WoW are boring after the first time. Outland in general isn't that appealing to me and MoP questing doesn't offer much alternative routes, while in WotLK you can go multiple ways right from the start and even mix them, just like Cataclysm.
    Because they only had 5 levels to fill.

Vasjir
    Hyjal
    Uldum
    Twilight highlands
    Place with the fat earthmother.

They had 5 zones, all with lineair questlines. Hell, in Hyjal you could just follow the path to the end and do all quests on ur way.
    I liked Wotlk zones aswell, but nothing says Draenor zones wont be roughly the same right? We even have 2 starting points from what i understand, just like in Wotlk,m just faction based.

- - - Updated - - -

What does GFY mean?

So this is why ur scared of no flight?
    Please tell me how did that work in Timeless isle .... you cant fly there, but i still see horde and alliance questing side by side with NO world pvp....
    they actually avoid it...
    But hey everyone have the right to have an opinion, even if the live game actually has good examples that wpvp is DEAD and noone wants it back...

If you can't take people having different opinions than you, then you really should leave to be honest.
    No where we have a problem is several of you anti flight peeps .. talk about your opinion like it is fact.

The beauty of this all is the FLIGHT IS RETURNING in WoD most likely at patch 6.1 if not earlier.

So to all you anti flight people ... Don't like it don't play ... isn't that what you and your ilk were saying to us pro flight folk when the whole expac seemed like it was going to be no flight?

Seriously this is a fantasy MMO where you ride fucking dragons... it is stupid for them not to be able to fly...

maybe WoW just isn't for you = )
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-16 at 06:57 PM.

What does GFY mean?
    "Go fuck yourself".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    Please tell me how did that work in Timeless isle .... you cant fly there, but i still see horde and alliance questing side by side with NO world pvp....
    they actually avoid it...
    PvE server i take it? Main problem is server imbalance. Think my server has a 95% to 5% horde/alliance ratio. Every alliance on the island gets swarmed. Which is why they just avoid TI allltogether. With crosservers and merges and stuff, they can balance that out and it can be an even fight. If that happens, its prone to happen more often.

- - - Updated - - -

"Go fuck yourself".
    Thought so. He coulnd just go away quietly could he.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    No where we have a problem is several of you anti flight peeps .. talk about your opinion like it is fact.
    It seems more pro-flying people talk like their opinions are facts.

go ahead, I can take it
    If you were less of a prick and toned down on the arrogance people would actually debate topics with you.... but you make that impossible with your atitude, its like you are actually trying to pisso of people on purpose to see if they are banned or the thread closed...
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2014-07-16 at 06:58 PM.

Because they only had 5 levels to fill.

They had 5 zones, all with lineair questlines. Hell, in Hyjal you could just follow the path to the end and do all quests on ur way.
    I liked Wotlk zones aswell, but nothing says Draenor zones wont be roughly the same right? We even have 2 starting points from what i understand, just like in Wotlk,m just faction based.
    Hyjal offers a choice at some point, both paths later merge again. Twilight Highlands you can go south or north at the start. Uldum east or west. Deepholm has 2 paths at the start, you need to do both eventually, but it does offer a different flow of quests that way. Can't really remember Vashj'ir.
    Having 5 levels had nothing to do with it though, it takes just as long as 10.