Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I've brought up the fact that flying shrinks the world a couple times early in this thread much like you point out in your topic. I stopped bringing it up when the majority of pro flying people take it literally.

Purposefully dense people will be purposefully dense I guess.
    Because it's a stupid argument. That "the less I see the bigger it seems" is opinion based. To me some zones felt smaller when I wasn't able to fly in them, that's what makes it stupid.

I expect that after all this time talking about this shit, you and the jedi hamster can muster some fucking sense once in a while and understand that people don't want to be forced to play your way, especially when your way is an option in the current game.

If I want to fucking RP or socialize or whatever the fuck, I'll get off my flying mount and do that, I don't need you to force me down cause you think I'm not playing the way I should. If I want to world PVP, I'll go do it where I can world PVP in frequented areas(daily quest zones) that happen to forbid flying or go to the PVP zones like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad and PVP there with people who are interested in PVP.

So please, kindly muster that fucking common sense and understand that people don't want to play the way you think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    So please, kindly muster that fucking common sense and understand that people don't want to play the way you think they should.
    You do realise that, by insisting flying should be in the game, you're also forcing a certain playstyle onto everyone else who plays this game, regardless of whether they wish to fly or not? Because, as has been said many times over, there's no choice whether to fly or not in WoW when flying exists in its current state. (Its a choice between efficient vs inefficient, and players always choose the former).

So, basically, you're no different than the guy you're trying to vilify.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-07-23 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    You do realise that, by insisting flying should be in the game, you're also forcing a certain playstyle onto everyone else who plays this game regardless of whether they wish to fly or not. Because, as has been said many times over, there's no choice whether to fly or not in WoW when flying exists in its current state. (Its a choice between efficient vs inefficient, and players always choose the former).

Shut the fuck up if you forget that flying was in the game for like 8 years. Suddenly all these motherfuckers hate flying. Give me a break...

You do realise that, by insisting flying should be in the game, you're also forcing a certain playstyle onto everyone else who plays this game, regardless of whether they wish to fly or not? Because, as has been said many times over, there's no choice whether to fly or not in WoW when flying exists in its current state. (Its a choice between efficient vs inefficient, and players always choose the former).

It is different, one is a forced situation where you have no choice. The other is a choice but one travel option is clearly inferior. I would agree that Flying makes the world seem smaller any fast form of travel does that.

The way I see it, in 6.1 give flying to Draenor but keep assram/trashcan a no fly zone for pvp reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Shut the fuck up if you forget that flying was in the game for like 8 years. Suddenly all these motherfuckers hate flying. Give me a break...
    I don't think people hate flying. I think they just think the world might be better without it. This is a major difference.

Also isn't this discussion pretty much settled? From what I understand flying won't be in the game for 6.1 and it is pretty damn likely it will be afterwards. Or has this thread boiled down to everyone that just has to "win" at forums coming in here and slugging it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I don't think people hate flying. I think they just think the world might be better without it. This is a major difference.

Also isn't this discussion pretty much settled? From what I understand flying won't be in the game for 6.1 and it is pretty damn likely it will be afterwards. Or has this thread boiled down to everyone that just has to "win" at forums coming in here and slugging it out?
    Blizzard essentially said no-flying could last beyond 6.1, pending community sentiment and reaction.

Pro-flying players are terrified that other players will actually enjoy / embrace no-flying - and Blizzard will thus take up said prospective option to delay flying for even longer, past 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I've brought up the fact that flying shrinks the world a couple times early in this thread much like you point out in your topic. I stopped bringing it up when the majority of pro flying people take it literally.

Purposefully dense people will be purposefully dense I guess.
    I guess, but still I always wanted to share those ideas with lots of players to see their opinion, at least to read the objective and constructive ones. Who knows, perhaps Blizz sees some kind of money-making potential in fixing flying mechanics and then invest in actually doing it. The game certainly needs it. Thanks for reading it btw.
    Last edited by Blakmane; 2014-07-23 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    What's beta like with no flying? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Can't get to max level yet, so nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Currently can't get to max level in beta however;

Since there is nothing else to go on but my current beta experience and what blizzards "no flying" content has been like in the past it stand to reason my max level gaming with no flying will be less than interesting.

Even at 92, the majority of all mobs in the world are crap. They are no longer relevant to anything I do.
    The leveling experience is pretty much the same as it has always been, there is no reason to think max level will be eny different - Nothing but more of the same.

Most beta gamers I run with think blizzard is going to push TI-style content in all max level areas instead of what MoP did and have it in specific places. We also think thats a total "F"ing waste of time. TI-style content was not all that good when it was free in a patch much less paying $50 for it and blizzard putting it everywhere.

There is currently no reason to think it will increase wPVP, social interaction or make the world feel bigger by making you see it from the ground. If you want to fool yourself thats fine but it still makes you a fool.

As of now, we cannot foresee any redeeming qualities in no flying at max level. We don't think blizzard has some amazing content up their sleeve because nothing else is really all that amazing currently. It's more of the same. Interesting because it's new but not because it particularly this amazing content.

Should blizzard actually become creative, make questing at max level interesting and have something truly amazing at max level then removing flying for a limited time might work but hell, the truth is there is no quest in the game that couldn't be created and still leave flying at max level in game if all blizzard did was use a little more creativity in their design and development of quests.

As of now, our guild can't foresee a single redeeming feature for removing flying at max level and nothing blizzard has done so far makes us think they are hiding something worth praising.

Removing flying at max level is just blizzard scapegoat for their past failings and a piss poor attempt to slow every single gamer down and trying to sell it to you as a good thing for $50.

It is not a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Currently can't get to max level in beta however;

Since there is nothing else to go on but my current beta experience and what blizzards "no flying" content has been like in the past it stand to reason my max level gaming with no flying will be less than interesting.

Even at 92, the majority of all mobs in the world are crap. They are no longer relevant to anything I do.
    The leveling experience is pretty much the same as it has always been, there is no reason to think max level will be eny different - Nothing but more of the same.

Most beta gamers I run with think blizzard is going to push TI-style content in all max level areas instead of what MoP did and have it in specific places. We also think thats a total "F"ing waste of time. TI-style content was not all that good when it was free in a patch much less paying $50 for it and blizzard putting it everywhere.

There is currently no reason to think it will increase wPVP, social interaction or make the world feel bigger by making you see it from the ground. If you want to fool yourself thats fine but it still makes you a fool.

As of now, we cannot foresee any redeeming qualities in no flying at max level. We don't think blizzard has some amazing content up their sleeve because nothing else is really all that amazing currently. It's more of the same. Interesting because it's new but not because it particularly this amazing content.

Should blizzard actually become creative, make questing at max level interesting and have something truly amazing at max level then removing flying for a limited time might work but hell, the truth is there is no quest in the game that couldn't be created and still leave flying at max level in game if all blizzard did was use a little more creativity in their design and development of quests.

As of now, our guild can't foresee a single redeeming feature for removing flying at max level and nothing blizzard has done so far makes us think they are hiding something worth praising.

Removing flying at max level is just blizzard scapegoat for their past failings and a piss poor attempt to slow every single gamer down and trying to sell it to you as a good thing for $50.

It is not a good thing.
    Conspiracy theory time! Something went very wrong with the design, development and implementation of WoD. Bashiok recently posted they Blizzard does not want to invest months worth of time to create the art for this expansions major cities. https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/490181625628868609

They encountered some type of trainwreck for WoD and it has put them way behind in the completion of WoD. They are cutting corners big time to get the game out.

If they can't create capital cities, they will not spend the time on making max level content that last more than a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Conspiracy theory time! Something went very wrong with the design, development and implementation of WoD. Bashiok recently posted they Blizzard does not want to invest months worth of time to create the art for this expansions major cities. https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/490181625628868609

They encountered some type of trainwreck for WoD and it has put them way behind in the completion of WoD. They are cutting corners big time to get the game out.

If they can't create capital cities, they will not spend the time on making max level content that last more than a few weeks.
    <dons foil hat>
    I think they had a different expac planned, Titan folk joined, argued about expac theme and direction, and a reset button had to be pushed. Couple of months building the lore framework, map work starts, including the lay out of the cities, off to Blizz con to show what they had planned, meanwhile dev team still arguing over features though, blizzcon ends, gc leaves, design direction able to fully change, WoD has core planned features refined and trimmed to fit the new vision, including the threat the Warlords of Draneor actually pose to Azeroth.

Seems to me that most of these supreme warlords are falling over while we level, the cities and natives to Draenor we save and help don't even need us in their capitals to help reinforce their numbers and help defend against the Iron Horde, and the IH are to stupid to attack two very exposed island shanty towns.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    Blizzard essentially said no-flying could last beyond 6.1, pending community sentiment and reaction.

Pro-flying players are terrified that other players will actually enjoy / embrace no-flying - and Blizzard will thus take up said prospective option to delay flying for even longer, past 6.1.
    Then don't fly. Nobody is forcing you. Yes, you're in disadvantage, but hey, you anti-flyers are one preaching "stuff should come with a cost". Seriously, the amount of times you can twist some point is just amazing. You have no compelling arguments. None.

Your arguments, from Brandon, and others so far have been: "it's not in human nature to have a desire to fly". I shit you not, he wrote that.

"Immersion" - highly subjective, different to every player, you want to remove our choice for sake of your "feels".

"Bigger world, more populated" - wrong, it won't be, just because you're down, doesn't mean it's suddenly bigger. IT'S YOUR PERCEPTION. nothing do out there, all the good stuff is in instanced content, their non-instanced content is lack luster compared to it, and is just "support" for your character progression.

Nostalgia - "you're skipping content, everything should come with a price, you're not enjoying the game, etc, etc". Why should everything come with a time constraint? I'm paying for the game, I want the good stuff, now. Ergo LFG, LFR, flex raids, random mobs dropping epic, flying mouns, ques, garrsions for herbing, etc, etc. We give money, we demand. Should we? Probably not, but we do. And that's what you have problem with. I do work for my reward, my shinny end-game epics, with my skills, coming online on time, staying later, getting better, learning, etc, etc. Everything is free of charge, with insta ques, 310% flying mounts, etc, etc.

Game evolved, playerbase evolved, we don't have time for anything else, but their best instanced content. And we want it as soon as possible. You just want to stop this because reasons. Because people in this game are more selfish, don't care about other players, and are blatantly ignorant about how other person feels or thinks. And you want to do the same thing, so you're no better than us.
    Last edited by mmoc7f92e7e426; 2014-07-23 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Ok just a couple things.

First of all I don't think anyone is arguing for being able to fly while leveling.

Seeing people out in the world is a noble thing I as well would like to see people out in the world. However removing flight isn't going to accomplish this in fact it will have the exact opposite effect. Making the already tedious tasks of gathering, pet battles, archeology, dailies more so by removing flight isn't going to bring people out into the world. Great example earlier in this thread a anti flight person talked about how he got all the archeology achievements for MoP. I then asked him if he would have done it w/out his flying mount the answer was " Hell no"

I think " Hell no" would end up being how most people approached non instanced content.

Yes the art developers do a great job of making the world look amazing. That being said though how long do you want to look at the same thing. Personally I get my fill while leveling. Although the art is amazing its shelf life is very short. Honestly how many times could you make a special trip to sit and gaze upon the same paintings.

It comes down to what I have always said. IMO a flightless world could work but drastic changes would have to be made, Blizz is either unwilling or unable to make such changes.

Personally I don't find riding through the same area for the 100th on my way to something I want to do, only to be dismounted and/or dazed by a mob that poses no threat challenge or reward to be compelling game play. If you however do I would suggest playing a korean MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey me to ... did you quit because of this no fly thing or just lack of new content for so long?
    Both, among many other reasons. I refer to WoD as Wad of Disappointment among rl friends (all former wow players) as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In Draenor we’re designing max-level content, portions of zones or zones in their entirety that will be dedicated to max-level gameplay—and not just the top of a cliffside, or some dailies in the Vale. There’s a harsh change in how the game plays between leveling, and when you hit max level.
    They hav also said that capitals would be Karabor and bladespire, that you could make your garrison anywhere on the draenor map, that Ashram would be an old AV type of battle zone, etc etc.....

so forgive me if i dont have faith that they kept their plan/word on their max lvl content....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post

so forgive me if i dont have faith that they kept their plan/word on their max lvl content....
    Having played since Vanilla with only a couple of breaks all the way up to MoP. I personally believe that this expansion has done more harm to Blizzs public image then anything.

Never have I seen people requesting that pre orders be refunded. Never have I seen a expac with so few features.

Blizz is pretty much running on faith people have in them but I don't think they realize how fast they are burning through it.

I always said the death of WoW would come from Blizzard but this expac makes it almost feel intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post

Could it possibly be that they can create glorious capital cities, but can't create two in the course of one development cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Could it possibly be that they can create glorious capital cities, but can't create two in the course of one development cycle?
    If that is true, then this billion dollar a year game, with more devs than ever, that has been making the same game for 10 years, needs to sort its shit out.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    If that is true, then this billion dollar a year game, with more devs than ever, that has been making the same game for 10 years, needs to sort its shit out.
    Not necessarily. Just because they make a lot of money and have a large development team does not mean they are able to do whatever they want in one development cycle. Perhaps two richly textured capital cities is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Not necessarily. Just because they make a lot of money and have a large development team does not mean they are able to do whatever they want in one development cycle. Perhaps two richly textured capital cities is just too much.
    So they can't create two cities, but could recreate the whole of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, while adding new zones? Seems unlikely.