Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Exploration is fun. Many puzzles to solve, mainly in Nagrand. But I found some in FFR and Spires too, however they will become obsolote with flying, so lets hope they wont bring it back that soon.
    Or they could bring flying back, but make the areas around those puzzles unflyable, or not reward credit if you just fly past the obstacle.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Or they could bring flying back, but make the areas around those puzzles unflyable, or not reward credit if you just fly past the obstacle.
    That way half of nagrand would be unflyable. You get even paragliding puzzle on the hills in northeast part of nagrand. You got tree climbing puzzles in Spires, resembling rope puzzles on Timeless. FFR got tower frozen in time, or at the slave mines you got several roof jumping puzzles on ogre buildings.

That way half of nagrand would be unflyable. You get even paragliding puzzle on the hills in northeast part of nagrand. You got tree climbing puzzles in Spires, resembling rope puzzles on Timeless. FFR got tower frozen in time, or at the slave mines you got several roof jumping puzzles on ogre buildings.
    Just me, but no flying in 50% of Nagrand is better than no flying in 100% of Nagrand.

Just me, but no flying in 50% of Nagrand is better than no flying in 100% of Nagrand.
    You would get constantly dismounted because those puzzles are all over the places, not just in one spot, and it would lead to potentional "exploits" to get those rewards (slowfall, glide , etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think that'd be goofy to be dismounted all the time when you travel from no-fly, to fly, and back to no-fly zones.

...Parachutes, parachutes everywhere.

You would get constantly dismounted because those puzzles are all over the places, not just in one spot, and it would lead to potentional "exploits" to get those rewards (slowfall, glide , etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Personally I think that'd be goofy to be dismounted all the time when you travel from no-fly, to fly, and back to no-fly zones.

...Parachutes, parachutes everywhere.
    Sure, maybe for the first month or 2, but players would surely start to recognise and adapt to where they could and couldn't fly (as they have in the past). Wouldn't that ad an element to flying in a zone that wasn't there before, or at least make it more engaging?

Make the dismount mechanic reason an environmental one, for example : "As you fly closer to the mountains, winds buffet your %T(mount), forcing you to ground!".

They could make an emote that pops up as you fly into Nagrand/Spires etc "This zone has hazards for flight! Beware!" or w/e.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-08-10 at 11:13 AM.

Sure, maybe for the first month or 2, but players would surely start to recognise and adapt to where they could and couldn't fly. Wouldn't that ad an element to flying in a zone that wasn't there before?

They could make an emote that pops up as you fly into Nagrand/Spires etc "This zone has hazards for flight! Beware!" or w/e.
    Just hypothetically, those are randomly added puzzles just to present this case.
    Red dot - puzzle/reward,etc.
    Blue circle - no fying area to avoid "exploits". (Includes lv 100 area because these should be dangerous.)

Now imagine the outrage from players that they should learn areas to avoid.

Well, I'm fan of no flying, however if it so important to some I would go with dangerous skies instead of no flying, making flying too risky that using ground mounts would be more favorable.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2014-08-10 at 11:24 AM.

Trying to find solutions/compromises to anti-flight beefs, thoughts? Did I miss anything?

-Flying while questing : Only have flight at max level.

-Flying to trivialize questing content at max level : make the zones not flyable until you have completed all the quests for that zone.

-WPvP : Besides Ashran, put WPvP objectives in the world that offer comparable rewards to instanced PvP content. (Towers to cap, areas to win and hold, choke points to over run etc, all rewarding honor, cp, gear and items/mounts). Increase the time to cast /mount a flying mount. Decrease the dmg needed to dismount a flying mounted player target. Make the announcement of PvP logistical targets being attacked appear in trade chat on Ashran.

-Size of the world : Make explorer a requirement to unlock flying, nerf the speed of flying, lower the sky box.

-Max level daily/weekly/quest area trivialization : Make those areas unflyable (like IoT, TI, MF etc).

-Making flying relevant : Add content that highlights and uses flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Just hypothetically, those are randomly added puzzles just to present this case.
    Red dot - puzzle/reward,etc.
    Blue circle - no fying area to avoid "exploits". (Includes lv 100 area because these should be dangerous.)
    *snip pic*
    Now imagine the outrage from players that they should learn areas to avoid.
    "Players won't like having to avoid no flying areas in this zone while flying, better restrict flying for the whole continent."

"Players will be outraged that they can't fly in patches in this zone, so we better restrict flying in the whole continent."

"We have these cool jumping puzzles, but we are worried people will just make them obsolete by flying to the end of them. We could think of ways to creatively deal with flying in this zone, ala Netherstorm, Storm Peaks etc, or we could just cut flying."

Well, I'm fan of no flying, however if it so important to some I would go with dangerous skies instead of no flying, making flying too risky that using ground mounts would be more favorable.
    I agree, would love the develoupment of a feature rather than its removal. Potentially.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-08-10 at 11:50 AM.

Trying to find solutions/compromises to anti-flight beefs, thoughts? Did I miss anything?
    -SNIP-
    Yeap, with some minor changes.

- Higher price for flying skill.
    - No flying in end-game content zones at all times.
    - More danger in skies. Even those skyguards in cities are lame and do nothing.

Yeap, with some minor changes.

- Higher price for flying skill.
    - No flying in end-game content zones at all times.
    - More danger in skies. Even those skyguards in cities are lame and do nothing.
    Great inclusions, I have no problem with any of them.

Flying is ridiculously expensive as it is already :/

Just make it so that you don't get credit if you fly to the end. That's a really easy solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Flying is ridiculously expensive as it is already :/

Just make it so that you don't get credit if you fly to the end. That's a really easy solution.
    You mean ridiculously cheap. 5K can be done in 3 hours of lazy farming.

Not everyone has a lot of gold, even Blizzard says that 20k for an entire account is a lot for most players. I have more (roughly 40k), but I've been saving it all and done thousands of dailies in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Not everyone has a lot of gold, even Blizzard says that 20k for an entire account is a lot for most players.
    Meanwhile they are making new Chopper which costs 100.000 gold. >_<

I've currently 15.000 gold (account) on Frostmane.

I hope with the all auction houses being cross faction in WoD they'll let us transfer gold between (different faction) characters. I kinda want to get the Alliance chopper.

But thing is I'd have to level an Ally from like early teens to 20 to ride it, or get a DK out of the starting zone.

Just think it'd be funny to be a mostly Horde player with only lowbie Allies, but rocking the 100k chopper.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2014-08-10 at 01:56 PM. Reason: clarification
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Flight paths are really bad on WoD beta. The anger that plays will feel at level cap will be epic.

Meanwhile they are making new Chopper which costs 100.000 gold. >_<

I've currently 15.000 gold (account) on Frostmane.
    How? Do you just sit in the city all day and queue for BGs? I have earned hundreds of thousands of gold doing basic stuff in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    Or maybe it's time to admit that Blizz isn't capable of satisfying your mad cravings and fast consumption of content.
    We've been racing in this game since day one. Well, to be fair, few of us have been racing since day one, and the rest of you guys were taking your time. So, why is it now that you need to fly and need to race when in the past you didn't need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Guys, remember the old vanilla days? A game that was not intended to be fast-paced? Flying didn't exist, it took months to get to lvl 60 and people enjoyed it.

Flying make this game a fast-paced one, as you can cut traveling time. Blizzard want you to take your time now to do stuff and you don't want to.

Plus, does anyone here plays the Beta?
    It took months for noobs to get to 60, sure. It took others a long time because the amount of experience required was outrageous. If you leveled in classic, when it was relevant, you know it took a while because of the way quests were, the vast amount of land, the difficulty of the later quests, the fact that you couldn't get epic riding till you were level cap, you couldn't ride a mount till level 40, you had to travel back to cities to learn skills, you needed to level weapon skills, etc...
    The list goes on and on for days.

To say we never raced for anything back then is a complete lie.

I have beta access and there is no high end stuff in the open world worth it to be out there in the first place. I sure hope that changes, but I don't see how...

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    How am I supposed to prove that on my PvP server, WPvP happens where flying isn't allowed. I go there, it's prevalent. So i guess it's proven? Maybe you should prove that flying isn't something that substantially hinders WPvP like you say. Other than your half baked speculations.
    It's common sense. If a mode of transportation is faster than an other(flying versus ground), the faster mode of travel will give you more of anything the game offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    How? Do you just sit in the city all day and queue for BGs? I have earned hundreds of thousands of gold doing basic stuff in MoP.
    I don't even do PvP, and since we've now gone two patches without dailies... moneymaking has slowed down...

...and consumption raised.

I don't even do PvP, and since we've now gone two patches without dailies... moneymaking has slowed down...

...and consumption raised.
    1, Level ALT
    2, Take mining and herbalism
    3, Profit

1, Level ALT
    2, Take mining and herbalism
    3, Profit
    He can just grind some coins on timeless isle and sell the pets on the AH(I've gotten some good stuff to sell other than the coin pet). He can also do the hundreds of dailies that are already in MoP. Leveling an alt gains you at least 8k. Playing the AH a couple hours a day gains a lot of gold, too. Running old instances and making bags gives you a lot... I just don't know how anyone can be that low on gold when some can make twice that in a single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.