Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Oh so you're one of the people who are nitpicking semantics because I said "Everybody loves". Thanks for clarifying that you have nothing else to say.
    You tried to represent me with that statement. I took offense and corrected your silly error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You tried to represent me with that statement. I took offense and corrected your silly error.
    I'm not surprised you took offense so easily, looking at how inconsiderate and offensive the majority of the butthurt, Blizzard community is at the most minor of changes to a video game they play for fun.

Like...flying.

no need for flying just like vanilla why does anyone complain its stupid

I'm not surprised you took offense so easily, looking at how inconsiderate and offensive the majority of the butthurt, Blizzard community is at the most minor of changes to a video game they play for fun.

Like...flying.
    You think it's minor, but there are some that think it's the most important feature.

Who are you to say it isn't important change for those people?

Please, keep criticizing me instead of my arguments... Sure makes you look like a super amazing person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I didn't realize I had the power to force you to do anything. I thought the devs did.

Maybe I should use this mysterious game design power I have to alter the game in other ways. Thanks for the heads up!
    Let me reword that:

Don't you wonder why the no-fly crowd keeps campaigning for the removal of flight which force us into gameplay that has no entertainment value?

I was unpleasantly surprised to see this topic still going on, but I come here and all I see is a flame war...

brb, making some popcorn.

I mean, I think if you look at Uraism's last post, you can deduce that he doesn't give a shit about the lore, the world, or Warcraft's themes (in his opinion, as he said) and thus is extremely biased when talking about the removal of flying because he simply doesn't care about the game like we do. I assume that since you don't give a shit about any of that as you said earlier, you're arguing to keep flying for convenience issues alone, and not really for the betterment of the game...again since you said you don't give a shit about the world and story or interacting with it by and large.

- - - Updated - - -

You think it's minor, but there are some that think it's the most important feature.

Who are you to say it isn't important change for those people?

Please, keep criticizing me instead of my arguments... Sure makes you look like a super amazing person.
    You're right. Some people do. Just like how you got easily offended for no reason. Also, your arguments are nitpicks on semantics and not worth responding to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBLB View Post
    brb, making some popcorn.
    Hopefully you are making enough, this thread will probably last until Patch 6.1, or even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Let me reword that:

Don't you wonder why the no-fly crowd keeps campaigning for the removal of flight which force us into gameplay that has no entertainment value?
    I didn't realize I was campaigning for something. I was just expressing an opinion contrary to your own. Yes, I know you want Blizzard to think that your position is the only one players have. Sorry, I'm not going to be complicit in your efforts at deception.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hopefully you are making enough, this thread will probably last until Patch 6.1, or even longer.
    I was gonna go grab a lawn chair too, shall I grab one for you as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBLB View Post
    I was gonna go grab a lawn chair too, shall I grab one for you as well?
    Nah, I've my own. Thanks anyways.

I didn't realize I was campaigning for something. I was just expressing an opinion contrary to your own. Yes, I know you want Blizzard to think that your position is the only one players have. Sorry, I'm not going to be complicit in your efforts at deception.
    "I didn't realize I had the power to force you to do anything. I thought the devs did.

Maybe I should use this mysterious game design power I have to alter the game in other ways. Thanks for the heads up!"

Here's the quote. Perhaps you were just voicing your opinion, but making asinine remarks and being sarcastic dissuades people from attempting to hear your side. It just makes you look like a child.

On that note, I hope this thread DOES last until 6.1. Because that's their "official" minimum for no-flight. Flying or death! Down with removing content just to elongate Same-Shit Syndrome.

I mean, I think if you look at Uraism's last post, you can deduce that he doesn't give a shit about the lore, the world, or Warcraft's themes (in his opinion, as he said) and thus is extremely biased when talking about the removal of flying because he simply doesn't care about the game like we do. I assume that since you don't give a shit about any of that as you said earlier, you're arguing to keep flying for convenience issues alone, and not really for the betterment of the game...again since you said you don't give a shit about the world and story or interacting with it by and large.

You're right. Some people do. Just like how you got easily offended for no reason. Also, your arguments are nitpicks on semantics and not worth responding to.
    Where did I say anything about the themes or the world? Oh, I didn't. Stop straw-manning me.

Not worth responding to? Or, is it because you're incapable of posting anything resembling logic. I pretty sure that's the case since you have done nothing but post logic fallacies in every single post.

Where did I say anything about the themes or the world? Oh, I didn't. Stop straw-manning me.

Not worth responding to? Or, is it because you're incapable of posting anything resembling logic. I pretty sure that's the case since you have done nothing but post logic fallacies in every single post.
    "Give a shit about the lore? No, I don't care. Ever since they made planes of elements, gods, and titans... Their lore has been garbage since warcraft3 came around."

So...planes of elements, gods, and titans are not Warcraft themes? Isn't the world aka Hyjal, Storm Peaks, ICC, etc built around said THEMES? Didn't you say all of this was GARBAGE? Who is strawmanning exactly? Where is the logical fallacy? Do you just throw words you found in the table of contents of a philosophy book out here just to pretend like you know what you're talking about rofl?

There is no strawman because the original fucking proposition: aka no-flying makes you want to interact with the world, is LOST on you because you don't give a shit about it.

"Give a shit about the lore? No, I don't care. Ever since they made planes of elements, gods, and titans... Their lore has been garbage since warcraft3 came around."

So...planes of elements, gods, and titans are not Warcraft themes? Isn't the world aka Hyjal, Storm Peaks, ICC, etc built around said THEMES? Didn't you say all of this was GARBAGE? Who is strawmanning exactly? Where is the logical fallacy? Do you just throw words you found in the table of contents of a philosophy book out here just to pretend like you know what you're talking about rofl?

There is no strawman because the original fucking proposition: aka no-flying makes you want to interact with the world, is LOST on you because you don't give a shit about it.
    No, you're straw-manning me... I guess I can't like the look of some things because they're related to stupid lore. Oh, wait, I can like the look of content, and even enjoy the content, without actually liking the stupid lore.

Edit: Are you really saying that I can't enjoy something because I don't enjoy the story of it? Does not knowing who the girl is in the mona lisa make the piece of art terrible?
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-08-18 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want Blizzard to think my position is the only one, that is obviously not true. I'm not trying for deception. What have I done that is deceptive?

My question is what is your motivation for campaigning for the removing flight?

I understand wanting it for WPvP, but I'm on a PvE server. BUT wanting it for WPvP is something I can understand.

Immersion is subjective.

Other than wanting WPvP I don't understand why the anti-fly crowd wants to remove flying.

Really, I'm asking an honest question.

I don't want Blizzard to think my position is the only one, that is obviously not true. I'm not trying for deception. What have I done that is deceptive?

I understand wanting it for WPvP, but I'm on a PvE server. BUT wanting it for WPvP is something I can understand.

Immersion is subjective.

Other than wanting WPvP I don't understand why the anti-fly crowd wants to remove flying.

At this point, a good majority of people don't have a genuinely logical answer for this.

They'll scream immersion and Wpvp, but won't give you a logical, non-biased answer no matter how much you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    At this point, a good majority of people don't have a genuinely logical answer for this.

They'll scream immersion and Wpvp, but won't give you a logical, non-biased answer no matter how much you ask.
    Immersion and Wpvp are two logical and non-biased answers.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    Immersion and Wpvp are two logical and non-biased answers.
    Not when you actually apply logic to the two... Immersion is entirely subjective, and WPvP is dead for many, many reasons that isn't flight. Flight also helps WPvP.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-08-18 at 09:45 PM.

WPvP is dead for many, many reasons that isn't not flight. Flight also helps WPvP.
    I've seen this parroted again and again but it's simply nonsense. World PVP was vibrant all the way through Classic, far and beyond after BGs were added. It still exists in many cross zones, though flight has made it more of a gank fest than it was pre-flight. It's not at all dead, but it is arguably lame. Before flight world pvp was roaming pvp, what you encountered you had to deal with, whether you were favored or not. Now you can just fly away from any conflict that's not assured victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Immersion is subjective.

- Putting everyone on equal footing for node gathering
    - Shrine looks ridiculous, too many people floating for no reason.
    - Travel is mindless

However, the answer doesn't matter unless it's coming from the high up at blizzard that made the decision.
    One Sweet Dream