Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Do you honestly lack that much self control that you blindly click any thread on the main page, and then go into that thread and complain that it is on the front page? You don't see how you could be contributing to it being on the front page?

I mean holy shit, if you thought the best thing for this no flying/pro flying thread was really to let it die, why post here????
    Because logic is hard, man.

It's probably because they lack self control. They already demonstrated that they lack it in WoW("flight is in, thus I must use it"), so it isn't a stretch for them to not have any here.

I thought that maybe they were lying about not wanting to ground mount because of flying being in the game. Now I see they have some sort of mental block where they can't actually control themselves. They need their hand held in WoW, and they need their hand held on the forums. Makes complete sense now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

America likes McDonald's. They like convenience. Flight is like McDonalds. It's good....until it is bad.

Think about that every time you fly to skip content.

I enjoy the thought of no flight, but understand the tedium it adds to the game. That being said, of course the voice of the whiners is always louder than that contented, it will be changed by the first patch. I'd bet some gold on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaagii View Post
    America likes McDonald's. They like convenience. Flight is like McDonalds. It's good....until it is bad.

Think about that every time you fly to skip content.
    So, what your saying is, because people can't self control the limit of Maccas they eat before it becomes unhealthy, we should ban Maccas? Outlaw Maccas, and see how the public reacts, on whether the govt should allow it again or not?

Sounds reasonable, and an entirely fair comparison.

I totally wish Blizz was the government, dictating how I play the game. Wait a sec...
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakhazaam View Post
    I enjoy the thought of no flight, but understand the tedium it adds to the game. That being said, of course the voice of the whiners is always louder than that contented, it will be changed by the first patch. I'd bet some gold on that.
    It doesn't add any tedium though. It's not like you have to run everywhere.. the flight paths are still there and it's as fast as flying, Besides there are probably teleports and you still got your hearthstone. What it does add however is the sense of danger on PvP servers (depending on how they handled phasing). You can't just fly away when things don't go your way and I for one am really looking forward to it.

Do you honestly lack that much self control -snip-
    No, I pop in here once a month or every other month to see if anyone has come up with a coherent argument yet. I saw a post I agreed with and commented. Most of my comment was "just let it be", but you are seemingly at a point in this argument that you just want to bitch at everyone... which kind of illustrates exactly how productive this thread is...

It's probably because they lack self control. They already demonstrated that they lack it in WoW("flight is in, thus I must use it"), so it isn't a stretch for them to not have any here.
    For instance my post somehow proves the "If YOU don't want flight then YOU don't have to use it." theory for somewhere around the, (17287/2) time.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    What's left to discuss? Everything has been said, there are no original thoughts left to contribute to this discussion and complaining about it is just whining because you want to whine.
    you have a lot of new people coming to this thread. it is important they know the majority support flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    No, I pop in here once a month or every other month to see if anyone has come up with a coherent argument yet. I saw a post I agreed with and commented. Most of my comment was "just let it be", but you are seemingly at a point in this argument that you just want to bitch at everyone... which kind of illustrates exactly how productive this thread is...
    I'm at the point of this argument that I find it amazing that people keep coming in here and offering such meaningless offal as 'don't post here, it isn't worth it' while ignoring the irony of them posting here.

For instance my post somehow proves the "If YOU don't want flight then YOU don't have to use it." theory for somewhere around the, (17287/2) time.
    Yeah, I recognize that you're utterly incapable of choosing your own path. You need the mods to close the thread so you don't see or post in it anymore. You need Blizzard to disable flight so you can have fun on the ground. You can't do it yourself because you lack the control for it. I truly sympathize with your plight, and I wish you luck in your endeavors.

But, please, don't project yourself onto others. You might have this problem, but others don't have it.

Deleted
    Haven't seen your post but I don't even have to read to say that it doesn't prove anything.

WoW is a competitive game, you have to use every advantage to stay competitive, period.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no competition in open world environment - which is where the travelling is happening.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's no competition in open world environment - which is where the travelling is happening.
    Yes there is.. gathering professions and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    You're going to be so disappointed when the expansion comes out.

They separated the horde and alliance leveling. You won't see someone from the opposite faction for a while.

Why does everyone think gathering is competitive? I don't ever get any competition while I gather what I need. That and garrisons will give you almost all you need, and mobs drop tons of them as you level. I'd be surprised if you actually needed much ore/herbs when you hit level cap. All that and professions are SEVERELY nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You're going to be so disappointed when the expansion comes out.

They separated the horde and alliance leveling. You won't see someone from the opposite faction for a while.

Why does everyone think gathering is competitive? I don't ever get any competition while I gather what I need. That and garrisons will give you almost all you need, and mobs drop tons of them as you level. I'd be surprised if you actually needed much ore/herbs when you hit level cap. All that and professions are SEVERELY nerfed.
    Still it should be very obvious that if flying was available and you just wouldn't use it, it would be like shooting yourself in the foot if you want to play the game normally otherwise. You're not going to get experience as fast, you wouldn't get gold as fast so you'd be at a disadvantage.

As for PvP, why should that matter? In many previous expansions, flying was disabled till you were a few levels away from the cap and PvP was still dead because you only level for like a week and fighting against lowbies in bad gear isn't really PvP.

PvP is competitive on my PvE server? Who'd of thunk it? And holy shit your right, I forgot all those realm 1st gathering acheivements, wait they were disabled for WoD. I suppose there is still competition for individual nodes, but that isn't really a focus of max level PvE content, is it?

I mean, in a WoD without flying to theoretically help WPvP, they make Ashran for WPvP, but don't improve the rest of the continent? Is the progression of PvE players now Gathering profession > raiding? Are gathering professions the extent of max level open world PvE content that will benefit from no flying?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose there is still competition for individual nodes, but that isn't really a focus of max level PvE content, is it?
    I wouldn't be so surprised if that would be somebody's main focus in "max level PvE content".

Me? Nah, if I see somebody else... on my own faction... heading to ore, herb or w/e, I just let him/her get it (first).

Still it should be very obvious that if flying was available and you just wouldn't use it, it would be like shooting yourself in the foot if you want to play the game normally otherwise. You're not going to get experience as fast, you wouldn't get gold as fast so you'd be at a disadvantage.

As for PvP, why should that matter? In many previous expansions, flying was disabled till you were a few levels away from the cap and PvP was still dead because you only level for like a week and fighting against lowbies in bad gear isn't really PvP.
    No, if you want to play the game to have fun, you do what makes the game fun. Like I said earlier, just because you can't control yourself doesn't mean others can't.

Ashran, arena, and BGs also reduces WPvP. That and phased content... Blizzard isn't setting the expansion up for WPvP. They have said it themselves.

Honestly, how do you expect to FIND anyone for WPvP when the world is huge, there's no reason to stay in it, and there are FAR better rewards for everyone elsewhere? Tell me, please, what keeps people in the open world if flight is gone?

Deleted
    PvP is competitive on my PvE server? Who'd of thunk it? And holy shit your right, I forgot all those realm 1st gathering acheivements, wait they were disabled for WoD. I suppose there is still competition for individual nodes, but that isn't really a focus of max level PvE content, is it?

I mean, in a WoD without flying to theoretically help WPvP, they make Ashran for WPvP, but don't improve the rest of the continent? Is the progression of PvE players now Gathering profession > raiding? Are gathering professions the extent of max level open world PvE content that will benefit from no flying?
    Well I wouldn't care if they enabled flying on PvE servers, I mainly want it gone so world PvP could return.

And no, I wasnt talking about world firsts but if youre in a guild and youre taking a week or two longer to level than everyone else, youre going to replaced or earn less DKP while the others raid and get behind. You also earn less money and the players who do fly are able to outbid you if anything important pops up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Tell me, please, what keeps people in the open world if flight is gone?
    I dont know but I was kinda hoping they would be grinding "primals" or some such There are dailies too, rep grinds, people trying to earn money by mining, gathering herbs and skinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I wouldn't be so surprised if that would be somebody's main focus in "max level PvE content".

Me? Nah, if I see somebody else... on my own faction... heading to ore, herb or w/e, I just let him/her get it (first).
    And I don't begrudge that person for choosing to play the game that way, they are more than welcome to farm the shit out of anything they want. In the end, means cheaper AH prices for me.

And I am the same, if I see a guy clearing a node to harvest, I will bypass that node, or even help them clear it, regardless of faction. I guess you could say it is a perk of a PvE server, I can help that stinking human get that node easier, and down the line that filthy Night Elf is gonna help me kill that world boss.

Just because they are a different faction, doesn't mean I am automatically inclined not to help them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they are a different faction, doesn't mean I am automatically inclined not to help them.
    Yeah, I know - tend to help Horde lowbies quite a lot if I see them struggling but usually either attack same level or leave him/her.