Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Quite often, in Timeless Isle, battlegrounds, some raid/dungeon instances.

Of course if flying is available I will use it, for efficiency's sake. I'd use epics if they were mailed to me too, for efficiency's sake. That doesn't make either of those "good for the game".
    This right here is exactly the point. It is not what one person wants, it is what is good for the game overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Blizzard is going to have a hard time defending selling millions of dollars in flight mounts then removing flying. They have to be pretty serious about no flying seeing how many refunds they are going to have to give.
    They are not going to have a hard time at all. You bought a flying mount, and yes you CAN fly with it. You can fly with it every where else you can fly with your other flying mounts. You even have the added bonus of being able to mount up on it and use it as a ground mount where flying is restricted! Its a win win.

Where is the problem?

Oh yeah thats right, just the small vocal minority who keeps on with the "if flying isnt enabled everywhere, i wont sub" routine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Quite often, in Timeless Isle, battlegrounds, some raid/dungeon instances.

Of course if flying is available I will use it, for efficiency's sake. I'd use epics if they were mailed to me too, for efficiency's sake. That doesn't make either of those "good for the game".
    Osmeric, I know we have had our differences in threads before, but right now, I couldn't agree more with you.

Thank you for bringing perfectly sound logic to much of the illogical posts we see in this thread from the pro flight camp.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    This right here is exactly the point. It is not what one person wants, it is what is good for the game overall.
    I do not like the slow, lethargic, non-phrenic, molasses/honey, sloth-like, frozen in time, glacier moving ground transportation system Blizzard is implementing as our new main source of transportation.

That said, how is gutting travel speed by implementing the largest nerf in the history of video games good for the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They are not going to have a hard time at all. You bought a flying mount, and yes you CAN fly with it. You can fly with it every where else you can fly with your other flying mounts. You even have the added bonus of being able to mount up on it and use it as a ground mount where flying is restricted! Its a win win.

Where is the problem?
    Out of curiosity, How do you know they are not refunding money spent on Flying mounts?

Do you have any proof that refunds are not being issued?

You seem to have a lot of comments, but are they accurate?

I will ask again, how do you know they are not issuing refunds for flying mounts?

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, How do you know they are not refunding money spent on Flying mounts?

Do you have any proof that refunds are not being issued?

I will ask again, how do you know they are not issuing refunds for flying mounts?
    I'm sure if they are refunding flying mounts someone would have shouted about it by now.

How is anyone supposed to prove they're not doing something? Go through their audited accounts???

Deleted
    The sales pitch

Upgrade to the Digital Deluxe edition and enhance your adventures in Draenor with epic in-game items, such as the bloodthirsty Dread Raven mount
    Swoop down from the dark night skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.

The truth

Blizzard sales page states a blatant lie.... unless you are Batman, or jump off a rock and pretend, you will be doing no swooping in Draenor, it's false advertising!
    Blizzard may or may not bring back flying in the future, but then again the advert does not say...you have a chance at some point to swop.

If you can't understand why players who bought the preorder are upset ? there really is no hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipperbane View Post
    The Dread Hatchling doesn't have Devour as a pet ability! God dammit! I need a refund because I take everything at face value - I have no ability to parse stylistic choices and am overly literal!

Give me a break. Every Store Mount/CE Mount is described as being able to fly where flying is enabled - the mount's speed changes based on its location. If flying is not enabled on Draenor? Then your mount can't fly there. This is true in many area - inside buildings, raids, dungeons, scenarios, battlegrounds, arenas, Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants, Timeless Isle, from levels 1-59, from levels 85-89 on Pandaria. And unless you bitch when you can't fly on your Store Mounts/CE Mounts in a battleground, you have no right to selectively bitch about not being able to fly in other areas.

Also, it says epic in-game items, and only one of the items you get is epic - the Dread Raven. It clearly says epic items - plural. The wings aren't even black, they're a midnight blue. Royal blue, at its darkest. The mount isn't bloodthirsty either - it shows no ability to thirst for blood.

All this false advertising. Anger. Bile. Vexations! Etcetera.
    LMAO I fell off my chair reading your post......guess there really is no hope for some

Thats rich coming from you. How many times have you been called out on lying and making up numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    I wish I could like this post 100 times.
    Logic is a breath of fresh air amidst all this sensationalism, wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    LMAO I fell off my chair reading your post......guess there really is no hope for some
    In other words, "I have no way to effectively defend my point of view, and will resort to deflection and ad hominem attacks."

Blizzard is going to have a hard time defending selling millions of dollars in flight mounts then removing flying. They have to be pretty serious about no flying seeing how many refunds they are going to have to give.
    You seem entirely predisposed to demanding refunds for your flying mounts, when the truth of the matter is that Blizzard simply doesn't need to - it's not even false advertising. Blizzard sold the mounts under the proviso that they can fly where flying is enabled and you have the proper skill to do so.

No flying in Draenor? No flying for your Dread Raven. It's simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Thats rich coming from you. How many times have you been called out on lying and making up numbers?
    Aren't I still waiting for some answers to questions from you?

That seems to be the best way to stop you from posting. Simply ask you a question and you disappear for awhile.

Lets try another question:

Do you believe the "no flying" change to in-game transportation will decrease the speed in which the average player consumes content?

- - - Updated - - -

No flying in Draenor? No flying for your Dread Raven. It's simple as that.
    So it is okay for Blizzard to sell a flying mount designed for the Draenor expansion that cannot fly in Draenor?

Maybe the in-game store will start selling armor you cannot wear, I bet that would be cool too, huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    The sales pitch

Upgrade to the Digital Deluxe edition and enhance your adventures in Draenor with epic in-game items, such as the bloodthirsty Dread Raven mount
    Swoop down from the dark night skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.

The truth

Blizzard sales page states a blatant lie.... unless you are Batman, or jump off a rock and pretend, you will be doing no swooping in Draenor, it's false advertising!
    Blizzard may or may not bring back flying in the future, but then again the advert does not say...you have a chance at some point to swop.

If you can't understand why players who bought the preorder are upset ? there really is no hope for you.
    You really like skewing what Blizzard said to fit your own flawed views dont you? How about we take the digital upgrade section IN CONTEXT rather than out? Here we go:

Upgrade to the Digital Deluxe edition and enhance your adventures in Draenor with epic in-game items, such as the bloodthirsty Dread Raven mount and more. In addition to a full digital copy of the game, the Digital Deluxe edition comes with the following digital items (available in-game once purchased):

World of Warcraft - Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet

No where in the SECTION talking about the Dread Raven Mount does it say anything about "in Draenor." It just says swoop down from the night skies, which you can certainly do in Azeroth, Pandaland, Outland, and Northrend.

Try taking things in context next time rather than try to lie to people by cutting out inconvenient things that dont help your arguement.

So it is okay for Blizzard to sell a flying mount designed for the Draenor expansion that cannot fly in Draenor?

Maybe the in-game store will start selling armor you cannot wear, I bet that would be cool too, huh.
    Is it okay for them to sell to you a mount, for which the proviso is noted: "This mount's speed and functionality differ based on where you are!" And then you become angered when it can't fly in some areas, even though it was stated as such?

I'm absolutely okay with that. There's literally nothing wrong with that. You're merely sensationalizing it.

To note, I have a Celestial Steed, a Dread Raven, and an Imperial Quilen. I am okay with them all becoming ground mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    World of Warcraft - Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet

No where in the SECTION talking about the Dread Raven Mount does it say anything about "in Draenor." It just says swoop down from the night skies, which you can certainly do in Azeroth, Pandaland, Outland, and Northrend.
    I get what you are saying. Blizzard feels bad no one is hanging out in the old world because the content is useless and dated to current players, so they are trying to provide people with reasons to go to areas of the game that people never ever ever play anymore.

Is that what you are saying?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it okay for them to sell to you a mount, for which the proviso is noted: "This mount's speed and functionality differ based on where you are!" And then you become angered when it can't fly in some areas, even though it was stated as such?

I'm absolutely okay with that. There's literally nothing wrong with that. You're merely sensationalizing it.

To note, I have a Celestial Steed, a Dread Raven, and an Imperial Quilen. I am okay with them all becoming ground mounts.
    How am i sensationalizing it. i am saying it in as few words as possible.

Blizzard is currently selling flying mounts designed for draenor that cannot fly in draenor. That is a fact.

How am i sensationalizing it. i am saying it in as few words as possible.

Blizzard is currently selling flying mounts designed for draenor that cannot fly in draenor. That is a fact.
    How is it designed for Draenor?

What is more interesting than people going to the trouble of getting refunds is whether players will continue to buy store mounts now that they will be perceived as having less functionality than prior mounts for apparently (based on the new store mount price of $30) for $5 more.

I expect that if store mount sales fall off by a substantial amount as result of the the perception (and fact, if flying stays gone) of reduced utility - though from what I've seen there are plenty of suckers willing to shovel money at Blizzard for whatever they shove out the door.

They are both native to draenor, and the CE mount is advertised to be used for flight ON DRAENOR.

You actively see these two mounts, and the 5.1 mounts FLYING AROUND with little explination.

They have a grinning reaver WHICH FLIES planned for the store soon (On the beta, and advertised as such in the mount journal).

It's scummy and just goes to prove this was a recent decision that some turd-muncher with too much pull shoved through the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    They are both native to draenor, and the CE mount is advertised to be used for flight ON DRAENOR.

You actively see these two mounts, and the 5.1 mounts FLYING AROUND with little explination.

They have a grinning reaver WHICH FLIES planned for the store soon (On the beta, and advertised as such in the mount journal).

It's scummy and just goes to prove this was a recent decision that some turd-muncher with too much pull shoved through the cracks.
    No. It's not advertised for flying on Draenor. At all. It's advertised for its ability to fly. Which it can do. Just not on Draenor.

Did you know they describe the Dread Hatchling as Devouring its prey? It doesn't have the Devour pet ability! So scummy.

Is it not sold in the Draenor (WoD) expansion? The mount was designed to be sold with the collectors edition of WoD? Specifically, it was designed for Draenor or WoD, whatever you want to call it.

You can use the mount just fine.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    What is more interesting than people going to the trouble of getting refunds is whether players will continue to buy store mounts now that they will be perceived as having less functionality than prior mounts for apparently (based on the new store mount price of $30) for $5 more.

I expect that if store mount sales fall off by a substantial amount as result of the the perception (and fact, if flying stays gone) of reduced utility - though from what I've seen there are plenty of suckers willing to shovel money at Blizzard for whatever they shove out the door.
    Most people have no idea flying is on the chopping block. Those of us that frequent forums do, but most players have no idea what so ever.

If you wont take that, then take this little tidbit which was edited.

Read paragraph four.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...77123?page=1#6

So that's the main reason. But sure there are a lot of other problems it can cause for content design such as zones having to get a lot bigger because flying mounts can travel so quickly (and thus making ground travel in them take much longer), it reduces the impact of elevation within zones, it completely removes the ability for us to pace or present content in any structured way, and in general removes our ability to determine how and when players approach a situation, see a vista or location, or charge into/out-of a combat situation. It just greatly reduces any gameplay we want to create by allowing infinite choice in how content is approached to best suit a player's intention to (usually) avoid that content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it not sold in the Draenor (WoD) expansion? The mount was designed to be sold with the collectors edition of WoD? Specifically, it was designed for Draenor or WoD, whatever you want to call it.
    And guess what?! You can use it in the Draneor expansion! Big concept to understand I know.