Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    People may not be playing 'because' of flying mounts, but they'll sure as fuck 'quit' the game if they don't get their flying mounts. People spent real money on some of those things.
    No actually, they wont. Thats why everyone laughs at those tho threaten to quit, why Blizzard announcs they'll try delaying flying, and why employees are now even toying/teasing the idea maybe the game is better without it.

They know you wont quit, no matter how convincing you try to say to the contrary.

He's talking out of his ass.. they want to try to make it feel like original BC with no flying.... then MAYBE introduce it later to feel amazing..... Introduce amazing new content, not recycle to that extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing half your customers in 4 years is a 'success?' Holy fuck.
    Who exactly are you trying (and failing) to compare it to? You're talking about the most stable long running, high pop sub MMO out there. It could lose 3mil more tomorrow and still have the throne. Where's your off topic ass logic coming from?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    No actually, they wont. Thats why everyone laughs at those tho threaten to quit, why Blizzard announcs they'll try delaying flying, and why employees are now even toying/teasing the idea maybe the game is better without it.

They know you wont quit, no matter how convincing you try to say to the contrary.
    Have you even paid the slightest bit of attention to the sub numbers over the last 4 years? FIVE MILLION people quit the game and....didn't come back.

Half the player base, gone, over the life of two expansions and you're making a joke about how people always say they're leaving and yet don't actually leave?

Are you just not paying any attention at all?
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Prime evidence that Blizz employees need to have their twitter accounts made internal only and in general get them to STFU.
    LOL, struck a cord, did they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Of course people play for other reasons, as do I. It's the principal of telling me how I will enjoy playing the game and the removal of something that has been part of WoW for longer than it has been without it. So far there is not one reason for me to re-sub, not one. If the next expansion brings back flying, has a fresh theme (less orcs) and maybe a new race/class I'll resub. I'm not going to pay for something that no longer appeals to me. If other people want to play this expansion which is overpriced and has less new content than the previous one then go for it.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Have you even paid the slightest bit of attention to the sub numbers over the last 4 years? FIVE MILLION people quit the game and....didn't come back.

Half the player base, gone, over the life of two expansions and you're making a joke about how people always say they're leaving and yet don't actually leave?

Have you been paying attention? Most of that 5 million was from China.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Who exactly are you trying (and failing) to compare it to? You're talking about the most stable long running, high pop sub MMO out there. It could lose 3mil more tomorrow and still have the throne. Where's your off topic ass logic coming from?
    I'm saying that any business that loses half its customer base in four years needs to have everyone at the top fired and replaced for nearly-criminal negligence and/or incompetence.

When any business loses so much of that much of its customer base in an unrelenting negative trend over a period of years, there's a name for that: Downward Spiral.

Not sure you read what you actually quoted. I said people wont quit over flying. People may quit for myriads of reasons, but flying isnt one of them. It wont be in future, and it wasnt over the previous 4 years either.

I know you want to believe that the world is ending , sky is falling, and no flying is the cause of it all. But it isnt, it really isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Have you been paying attention? Most of that 5 million was from China.
    And you bought that shit? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure you read what you actually quoted. I said people wont quit over flying. People may quit for myriads of reasons, but flying isnt one of them.
    Then you clearly haven't been paying attention to this thread where people have already stated that they'll be leaving if they can't use their bought-and-paid-for Flying mounts.

And I don't blame them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's very funny people are crying over the possibility, it's not even defininite.

If you don't like the idea that you might not be able to fly throughout Draenor, unsub,
    If you're going to QQ about the impact is has on gathering proffs, then man it up and just use the ground mount. Hey you might actually notice some cool stuff that you always skip while flying! Like half the content and environment ?
    If you want to fly around gathering things, go to Outland, all of Cataclysm and Northrend, have fun. Fill your boots. 1 World will not kill you. (Or it may, more PvP, I hope the QQers get their asses ganked into next year )
    If you don't want to lose out on gathering the max level materials, utilise your Garrison to that benefit. Or wait, I bet you guys don't like that feature either? Maybe you're just a hater altogether? Oh well! No pleasing some people

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    LOL, struck a cord, did they?
    More than anything it's a stupid and thoughtless response from a company representative. It's like he's saying, "People like to fly? LOL, OK." It's disrespectful and unbefitting someone in a PR position.

10+ Year Old Account

I just cancelled my sub less than an hour ago. So, good job at being wrong.

Theoretically possible, until you reach the point of complete saturation, that is.

It's not 'likely', but it's theoretically possible. What you 'can' do is reach much higher levels of saturation, as the cellphone market can attest to, as well as the app-based games market. How many millions of people have a cell phone?

What's separating this case from cellphone levels of saturation? Computer access, high-speed internet access and marketing of the game to the broader market.

It's incredibly possible that had Cata and MOP been not terrible, we would have seen the numbers continue to climb past 12 million instead of plummeting down to 7 million after only 2 expansions.

I agree that it was perfectly possible WoW did not hit its saturation point at 12 million subs. We just don't know whether or not that was the case, and we will never know. At this point WoW is so old it'll be impossible to recover any vestiges of that former glory.

But, we'll never know and Blizzard will insist to their dying day that players just decided, en masse, to just stop playing their game over those two expansions because of burn out, not because they did a terrible job at making those expansions engaging and enjoyable.

That's bullshit, dude. Blizzard has acknowledged their mistakes with past expansions more than once. They have also consistently been attempting to improve the game in big ways. They didn't deny Cata and MoP didn't work out as intended, but they also never said it was all because of burn out.

I still disagree with all of what you say. Whether exploring or questing, getting there isn't my main objective and I want the travel portion to be over with ASAP. Blizzard has always done a terrible job of making the journey to a destination and back worth the time the trip makes. For questing, I just want to get there and do my quest since nothing on the way to my quest or on the way back matters. For exploration, if I see something on my way somewhere, that becomes my new destination. Still, the travel in between points has always been downtime. Shortening that is nothing but a good thing.
    For you and others like you, maybe. It's not good for the people who don't wish to rush through everything. It's also not a good thing for Blizzard's business model.
    And again, travel is part and parcel of exploration. Trivializing travel is trivializing exploration and every other activity like questing and whatnot. You want something that is ultimately bad for gameplay.
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-03-13 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Of course people play for other reasons, as do I. It's the principal of telling me how I will enjoy playing the game and the removal of something that has been part of WoW for longer than it has been without it. So far there is not one reason for me to re-sub, not one. If the next expansion brings back flying, has a fresh theme (less orcs) and maybe a new race/class I'll resub. I'm not going to pay for something that no longer appeals to me. If other people want to play this expansion which is overpriced and has less new content than the previous one then go for it.

They aren't telling you what you enjoy. Stop being dramatic.

What they're saying is this:

We feel flying is bad for the game. Without it, we might be able to make a game you enjoy more. We'll see what you think.

I'm kind of split on this to be honest. I do like the idea of an immersive world, but I like my flying mounts more than any other mounts that I own. Allowing an individual to use the flying mounts on the ground doesn't really fix the problem, either. Can you really imagine a proto-drake not being able to fly? That would just look ridiculous. I know flying won't be available from the get-go, but I'd like to be able to see Draenor from the skies at some point.

Then you clearly haven't been paying attention to this thread where people have already stated that they'll be leaving if they can't use their bought-and-paid-for Flying mounts.

And I don't blame them.
    They're lying, trying to be melodramatic to evoke a response. They may ultimately quit for various reasons, but flying wont be one of them.

More than anything it's a stupid and thoughtless response from a company representative. It's like he's saying, "People like to fly? LOL, OK." It's disrespectful and unbefitting someone in a PR position.
    They can't treat the complaint seriously because then they'd have to answer it seriously. And the only reason they're wanting to remove flying is because it makes it easier for them to develop zones. Instead of building them with flying in mind, three dimensional considerations, they can just develop a flat two-dimensional zone and not have to worry about the z-axis.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    For you and others like you, maybe. It's not good for the people who don't wish to rush through everything. It's also not a good thing for Blizzard's business model.
    And again, travel is part and parcel of exploration. Trivializing travel is trivializing exploration. You want something that is ultimately bad for the game.
    That's your opinion. I find traveling fast fun and in no way ruins gameplay. Just because some people don't like it doesn't make it bad for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's also having a bit of fun on his social media page by (hopefully) goading it's raging, self-entitled screamers into more logical response. Right now they're sort of making fools of themselves and he knows it.