10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That really isn't relevant to what I said, as again you aren't losing the ability to do what you enjoy. You're simply just not allowed to do it in the new area, much like timeless isle and isle of thunder. The point you made in that quote was going back to convenience things, which is something I'm trying to get away from as that's been established as a poor argument against it.

Unless you mean to concede that the real reason is convenience, which is an entirely different thing.
    Once WoD drops, I will be in that content 99% of the time. I would enjoy flying a lot more in zones where I'm playing. Either way I will adapt or leave.

Nothing you say can change what I enjoy and don't enjoy in the game. That is my personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you mean to concede that the real reason is convenience, which is an entirely different thing.
    If I use flight taxis for conveniences, should to be removed? How about hearthstones, should they be removed? How about stone summons or lock summons? Blizzard puts many things in the game for convenience, that doesn't make them bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldent mind it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    My adaption to no flying will be similar. No matter what game I play, I will avoid that which is not fun for me and enjoy what I do. I play WoW for fun.

No flying and the changes to profession will push me out of the open world and into Garrison for menu play. I will use the official Blizzard bots to do my gathering for me. I love leveling (one or two times), so far Beta has been great for leveling. After that, what I enjoy in max level content will not be ground mount traveling through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward. I say this is ok, we can all choose what we want to do in the game. Blizzard designs WoW for many different likes in the game. Enjoy!
    Yes except that Blizzard tried throughout MoP to get people out of the main cities doing things and this is going to do the complete opposite. Some people are going to decide it's not worth the effort and just play world of queue-craft while chatting in guild chat or watching netflix until the queue drops or it is raid night.

Once WoD drops, I will be in that content 99% of the time. I would enjoy flying a lot more in zones where I'm playing. Either way I will adapt or leave.

Nothing you say can change what I enjoy and don't enjoy in the game. That is my personal preference.
    What people are saying against you aren't "your opinion is wrong" - it's "you haven't played it so you don't have enough information to form an informed opinion".

I originally hated the idea of no flight; then I played beta.
    It's already decided, nothing you or anyone else says will change Blizzard's decisions to disallow flight outside of specific areas. Just wait for launch and see how you feel then with an informed opinion, instead of vehemently opposing everything new like you are right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yes except that Blizzard tried throughout MoP to get people out of the main cities doing things and this is going to do the complete opposite. Some people are going to decide it's not worth the effort and just play world of queue-craft while chatting in guild chat or watching netflix until the queue drops or it is raid night.
    That's their prerogative. People do that and miss out on content even now (Warbringers, Rares with item boxes, etc - which value in sometimes thousands of gold for minutes of effort). Imagine all the content they'll miss out on because it's "not worth the effort" when the expansion is designed around doing things outside cities.

he funny thing about this is that people like you are complaining that now you actually have to play the game sometimes. I think that paints a pretty clear picture about what sort of player you are :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    What people are saying against you aren't "your opinion is wrong" - it's "you haven't played it so you don't have enough information to form an informed opinion".

It's already decided, nothing you or anyone else says will change Blizzard's decisions to disallow flight outside of specific areas. Just wait for launch and see how you feel then with an informed opinion, instead of vehemently opposing everything new like you are right now.
    Not that I have his back, but he is in the Beta. That counts just as much as me saying I am in the Beta and enjoy not flying. He is in the Beta and does not enjoy it. You need to make sure you know the story about things before you reply.

If I use flight taxis for conveniences, should to be removed? How about hearthstones, should they be removed? How about stone summons or lock summons? Blizzard puts many things in the game for convenience, that doesn't make them bad.
    ^"Muh slippery-slope"
    Yeah no.
    Hearthstone doesn't trivialize design for open-world gameplay. Nor do taxis or summons.
    Flgiht does, because you can just swoop in on the target or targets and not bother with anything else. 0 challenge. 0 thought. You might as well be playing a Facebook game.

If you reply, just answer thiso you understand why Flight makes designing engaging open-world content difficult?

- - - Updated - - -

That's their prerogative. People do that and miss out on content even now (Warbringers, Rares with item boxes, etc - which value in sometimes thousands of gold for minutes of effort). Imagine all the content they'll miss out on because it's "not worth the effort" when the expansion is designed around doing things outside cities.

he funny thing about this is that people like you are complaining that now you actually have to play the game sometimes. I think that paints a pretty clear picture about what sort of player you are :P
    The majority of leveling is without flying. The only expansion that had flying from the very start was cataclysm. Every other expansion you needed to get max level first. I don't think people are so ill informed as you state.

10+ Year Old Account

I've tried no flying content in it's many forms Blizzard has deployed, most of it I really hated.

Like I said, leveling in Beta has been great, I really enjoyed it.

Like I have said, I've preordered WoD and hope all of it's great. I will adapt to changes like not being able to cast lightning bolt on the move, but I won't like it. I've had it both ways and I know what I like.

Also, I have been told many times my opinion is wrong, I can't enjoy flying (when I do) and that I'm an entitled scrub (which I'm not).

There are many things in the game that are fun, please allow me to choose to do what I enjoy in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    Not that I have his back, but he is in the Beta. That counts just as much as me saying I am in the Beta and enjoy not flying. He is in the Beta and does not enjoy it. You need to make sure you know the story about things before you reply.
    Do you really expect me to read back on pages to see if someone's in beta before replying?
    Not worth the time.

He can read my other replies if he's not satisfied with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    I never claimed that you lie, but that what you none of what you say makes sense. But fine, here:

To this day, no proof was ever given
    I have no proof, it is my opinion. Thats all any of us usually have, with the exception of some folks.

MoP questing experience was bad for me because I level heavy through Dungeons and hate doing quests that are green or greenish. MoP was exceptionally linear and I found myself in new zones with nothing to do, only to have to go to prior zones and do specific quest line before the next quest line opened.

I preferred when quests were available and we could play the game how we wanted to play the game. At the time of MoP launch, I was Alliance on Tichondrius and was not *allowed* to quest at certain points. That meant i could not open new quest-lines, which forced leveling through dungeons and BG's.

Many PVP servers are horrifically lopsided. That said, you can enter an area you need to quest in to unlock the next area, only to find 25+ opposite faction sitting waiting to kill anybody that is not their faction.

I remember sometimes spending 45 minutes trying to just get quests for the Golden Lotus. I switched my char from Alliance to Horde on Tich, so I have no more faction issues what so ever, which is nice.

I've tried no flying content in it's many forms Blizzard has deployed, most of it I really hated.

Like I said, leveling in Beta has been great, I really enjoyed it.

Like I have said, I've preordered WoD and hope all of it's great. I will adapt to changes like not being able to cast lightning bolt on the move, but I won't like it. I've had it both ways and I know what I like.

Also, I have been told many times my opinion is wrong, I can't enjoy flying (when I do) and that I'm an entitled scrub (which I'm not).

There are many things in the game that are fun, please allow me to choose to do what I enjoy in the game.
    No.
    Your opinions are wrong and you are a casual scrub and are also the source of all things that are bad in games. Please uninstall.
    Is that really what you think people are saying when they say "Designing engaging content when people can fly everywhere is almost impossible"? Because that is the fact of the matter.

You're free to enjoy camping in capitals like you do now. That part of the game isn't even changing - so because it isn't changing... Why are you even here?

But when you want to enjoy flying, as you claim you do, simply the act of flying. You'll simply go to the areas where you can fly, much like when I enjoy raiding I go to the areas I can raid.

The only thing putting it in draenor allows is going back to convenience and circumventing content.

If all of those things had the same ramifications as flying, yes. But it is naive to compare those, flight paths and summons are a far cry from what flying allows.

And again flying isn't being removed, I'm not sure where you're getting that. It's simply not being allowed in 1 continent. You can still enjoy flying as you say you do in all of the zones where it is currently allowed.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2014-09-16 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    I don't think people are so ill informed as you state.
    This thread seems to suggest otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^"Muh slippery-slope"
    Yeah no.
    Hearthstone doesn't trivialize design for open-world gameplay. Nor do taxis or summons.
    yes they do, they let you skip the same content on the ground as personal flying mounts do.
    Flgiht does, because you can just swoop in on the target or targets and not bother with anything else. 0 challenge. 0 thought. You might as well be playing a Facebook game.
    Garrison look to be the facebook game to me, buts that's ok, I will give it a try.

If you reply, just answer thiso you understand why Flight makes designing engaging open-world content difficult?
    Yes, being hard to design doesn't mean I didn't enjoy flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really expect me to read back on pages to see if someone's in beta before replying?
    Not worth the time.

He can read my other replies if he's not satisfied with that one.
    So you're just here to shoot your mouth off, discredit other people's opinions, and can't be bothered to know the flavor of the KoolAid before drinking? Got it.

On Topic: As someone who was pro-flight, and now anti-flight WITHOUT the need to lobby for it's complete removal, people are going to enjoy this game in completely different ways. He finds flight fun. That's his prerogative. He said he will either work around flight, or bail if it gets too boring with other factors he may dislike. You on the other hand think you have free reign to cruise in here and start trash talking and insulting people. I got news for you, you have 500 pages of posting to do just to get caught up. So lose the personal insults, and read before responding. Otherwise, I will gladly put you in my Barkloud box and forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Your baiting is just too delicious not to bite, so for the sake of feeding you, ill bite even though I said I would not respond to your non-sense posts anymore:

Im sure hundreds of thousands by now.

Easily. Just like they handle it now, they can fly on them wherever flying is enabled. That was an easy one, you gotta try harder than that.

Probably a lot. I pre-ordered the collector's edition, and im sure many others have as well, and probably many more ordered the digital deluxe version. And the answer is that we can absolutely fly our collector's edition mounts at level 100 wherever flying is enabled. (That also was a simple one, again you gotta try harder)

So what returning players are you talking about who have flown for 7 years? Am I to assume you are talking about people like you who have quit because they saw the announcement that there will be no flying in the game? If thats the case then hopefully they never return, we dont need toxic players like that in the game, and that number of players in that cesspool can probably be counted easily by a kindergardner.

You mean the ones who fly in circles in Stormwind (which ironically is the old world where you can still fly) waiting for the queue to pop because they have no intention of flying out in the world to "immerse" themselves in the open world "doing whatever they want"? Oh they will still be able to do the exact same thing. Flying is enabled in Stormwind so I don't really see a point to this question.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Its just that the cold hard facts show that the majority of players, once they reached max level idle in town, play the facebook queue game never to go back out in the open world again, and if they do, it is for rare occasions or to daily quest, or to grind rep, to which there are plenty of modes of travel that are quick to get you to your questing hubs and to sub sequentially get you to your quest objectives.

Very happy. Its just regrettable that I decided to take the bait and respond, but we both know thats exactly what you were doing rather than having a rational and logical discussion.
    Pure Gold, you are one of my favorite's Jaylock. I put you on my third tier for favorite anti-flyer posters. You are behind Ordinator and the one who cannot be mentioned.

yes they do, they let you skip the same content on the ground as personal flying mounts do.
    Garrison look to be the facebook game to me, buts that's ok, I will give it a try.

Yes, being hard to design doesn't mean I didn't enjoy flying.
    How does being able to hearth to home from a spot in the world, use a taxi to get to a blizzard-determined spot in the world, or requiring at least two people to summon you to a point in the world (read:they already got their on their own without you) trivialize the content?

The only one of those that gets you anywhere in the world is Lock summons - and if you're going to argue that your friends could just summon you around to finish objectives, you're really stretching It's still something your friends have to do to get you there.
    Flgiht gets you anywhere in the world you want to go. For example; just imagine Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle with flight. Completely and utterly trivialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    On Topic: As someone who was pro-flight, and now anti-flight
    Out of curiosity, what changed your position?

10+ Year Old Account
    But when you want to enjoy flying, as you claim you do, simply the act of flying. You'll simply go to the areas where you can fly, much like when I enjoy raiding I go to the areas I can raid.

The only thing putting it in draenor allows is going back to convenience and circumventing content.

If all of those things had the same ramifications as flying, yes. But it is naive to compare those, flight paths and summons are a far cry from what flying allows.

And again flying isn't being removed, I'm not sure where you're getting that. It's simply not being allowed in 1 zone. You can still enjoy flying as you say you do in all of the zones where it is currently allowed.
    Sadly in your attempt to discredit me you fail to understand what I'm saying. I enjoy flying in the zones I'm playing in.

With Flight taxis vs personal flying and skipping content, I agree flying mounts are better at skipping more irrelevant low level content than personal flying mounts. Like you said, it's a slippery sloop, one worth discussing in my opinion. Not all convenience is bad just because is convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    Your opinions are wrong and you are a casual scrub and are also the source of all things that are bad in games. Please uninstall. Why are you even here?
    Insulting folks because your argument is weak. Figured it was just a matter of time before the true colors were all over your posts.