Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Oh that question wasn't directed at you. I was just curious as to what Mr. Sith Hamster, Ordinator, and Lolercaust would say.
    Harry Potter with guns is going to be very butt hurt you've left him out of this group! Say your sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I just felt like posting my opinion on it anyways, since I felt like it'd belong in that particular group.

But nevertheless, lets see if they notice and reply.
    You have nothing in common with those three.

I don't expect them to reply ... heh maybe they have me on ignore.. can't say I blame em though.. I am a snarky bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noybbs View Post
    Harry Potter with guns is going to be very butt hurt you've left him out of this group! Say your sorry!
    I don't remember him... lol. Sorry I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by maneo View Post
    i don't remember him... Lol. Sorry i guess.
    omg! ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by yggdrasil View Post
    victory feels so refreshing. Almost 100% chance of flying come 6.1. That means a whole patch without it. Major major victory.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha well apparently blizzard eating some humble pie after they finally have come to the conclusion after months of customer complaints and cancelations of preorders what a misguided stupid idea the whole no flying speech was.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha well apparently blizzard eating some humble pie after they finally have come to the conclusion after months of customer complaints and cancelations of preorders what a misguided stupid idea the whole no flying speech was.
    we will never know why they changed course. It honestly could have been beta feed back but for some reason I doubt it cause max level content hasn't even tested yet.

I think Humble Pie is something that Blizz is probably growing very tired of.

I really think Blizz needs some fresh blood on the dev side of things IMO
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 05:53 PM.

The whole deal with no flying is to give self proclaimed veterans a virtual erection. I really doubted it for a while but Blizzard was never that stupid to kick their own ass for a bunch of toxic whinos that have nothing better to do than complain about the awesomeness of Vanilla.

If people really had erotic dreams about no flying then why not make no flying servers? Oh yeah, no one would play on them cause people aren't mentally retarded to trade practical movement over "exploration" or "risk" which are really bullshit cause the exploration can be done once and risk is incidental and mostly isolated to PVP servers.

Still at least we'll get that whole "silent majority wants no flying" bullshit out of the way, hopefully for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    The whole deal with no flying is to give self proclaimed veterans a virtual erection. I really doubted it for a while but Blizzard was never that stupid to kick their own ass for a bunch of toxic whinos that have nothing better to do than complain about the awesomeness of Vanilla.

If people really had erotic dreams about no flying then why not make no flying servers? Oh yeah, no one would play on them cause people aren't mentally retarded to trade practical movement over "exploration" or "risk" which are really bullshit cause the exploration can be done once and risk is incidental and mostly isolated to PVP servers.

Still at least we'll get that whole "silent majority wants no flying" bullshit out of the way, hopefully for good.
    No you won't. It's because the majority is: ignorant, don't care, or don't know how to care. Thus they are silent and that silence will often be misused for noise. i.e. "MOS PELYURZ LEIK GRUND MUNTZ BT NT ALUT SAI IT"

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post

Doubt it I am sure Mr. Sith Hamster, lolercaust, or ordinator will return to talk out their asses again.

Mr. Sith Hamster will post is unbiased poll from trade chat again I am sure. Never mind that trade chat is primarily filled with capital city campers ... so ya there view isn't biased at all right <rolls eyes>

Maybe just maybe they will have the self dignity to admit they were wrong, or more then likely not post anymore ... at least for awhile in the hopes that we forget the levels of ignorance they achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    No you won't. It's because the majority is: ignorant, don't care, or don't know how to care. Thus they are silent and that silence will often be misused for noise. i.e. "MOS PELYURZ LEIK GRUND MUNTZ BT NT ALUT SAI IT"
    Like I said, I have no doubt Blizzard will not be making that mistake again. The silent majority have their comforts that keep them silent. If you start taking those away like (hard heroics, having to unlock dungeons by visiting their entrance) they become the loud majority and Blizzard just has to redo the work.

I think they are aware that there are plenty of loud mouths beating their chests about how they want things more like they used to be (nostalgia overdrive) and once Blizzard complies and the screaming starts, those pricks who want these changes suddenly vanish, cause the truth is, they really don't want them, they just think asking for them makes them awesome. I honestly don't know how else a demand like removing flying mounts for EVERYONE when they are 100% optional, makes sense in these people's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    ROTFL ... I actually had to read that last part a couple times to understand it.

Doubt it I am sure Mr. Sith Hamster, lolercaust, or ordinator will return to talk out their asses again.

Mr. Sith Hamster will post is unbiased poll from trade chat again I am sure. Never mind that trade chat is primarily filled with capital city campers ... so ya there view isn't biased at all right <rolls eyes>

Maybe just maybe they will have the self dignity to admit they were wrong, or more then likely not post anymore ... at least for awhile in the hopes that we forget the levels of ignorance they achieved.
    How is anything you're saying better than what Sith hamster, lolercaust, or ordinator has to say? It's nothing but horseshit coming out of you, with no real reason as to why flying should return beyond "bububu i did da content i shouldnt have 2 evr evr evr do it again".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We still think a 6.1 patch seems like a pretty reasonable point where flying would become available in Draenor, likely with some kind of aforementioned prerequisite. Maybe it's gold, maybe it's some kind of epic quest, maybe something more straightforward...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ...But we're staying open to changing that post-release if it seems like it's working out really well and we want to keep rolling with it.
    Well, well, well. Still not a definite YES for 6.1, but it would appear they are getting CLOSER to confirming it. Looks like the shit hit the fan with the Karabor/Bladespire incident. How many megathreads are they up to now? 40? Maybe they need to start ADDING shit back in and PRAYING subs/purchases actually return.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well, well, well. Still not a definite YES for 6.1, but it would appear they are getting CLOSER to confirming it. Looks like the shit hit the fan with the Karabor/Bladespire incident. How many megathreads are they up to now? 40? Maybe they need to start ADDING shit back in and PRAYING subs/purchases actually return.
    There will be flying in 6.1. This statement was carefully crafted and wouldn't have appeared if it wasn't so. They know they stepped in a huge shit pile and they are now backing out of is quietly as possible attracting the least amout of flies as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    How is anything you're saying better than what Sith hamster, lolercaust, or ordinator has to say? It's nothing but horseshit coming out of you, with no real reason as to why flying should return beyond "bububu i did da content i shouldnt have 2 evr evr evr do it again".
    Well you see that would require you to read my past posts.

It simply comes down to though running through an area for the 100th time to get dismounted by a mob that poses no threat, challenge or reward, but does however take long enough to kill that someone runs by you grabs your mining node, or rare you were going for ... to be fun or compelling game play.

The removal of flight was primarily to slow down how fast we consumed content (Bashiok said that and quickly had the post removed). The removal of flight had nothing to do with making the game better or more fun...

Now how am I better then those three... lets see ...

1. I listen to reason

2. I listen to facts

3. I listen to people who know more then I do objectively (aka the people in beta like yourself)

4. When one of my points is countered I actually respond w/more the "Nuh uh" . To be fair I am sure I have missed some, but I am pretty sure I haven't missed the majority.

5. and lastly if I was wrong I would concede I was wrong or made a mistake.

Don't believe me ask some of your anti flight comrades I have had some fascinating and productive conversations with many of them ... even if in the end we disagree.

Flying is likely coming in 6.1 and I won't lie the tears shed by the anti flight folks makes me smile ( I am actually a little ashamed that I am taking joy in the misery of others)...

But hey you don't like it leave (isn't that what you and your ilk liked to say) .... I mean its a MMO with fucking dragons that we ride... how much sense does it make that they can't fly...

Maybe a fantasy MMO isn't for you and you need to find another game = )

The majority spoke things changed it is no longer wait and see, or we don't know, it is now 6.1 seems like a good time to allow flight... let the tears flow.. for my throat is dry with thirst.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be flying in 6.1. This statement was carefully crafted and wouldn't have appeared if it wasn't so. They know they stepped in a huge shit pile and they are now backing out of is quietly as possible attracting the least amout of flies as they can.
    Do you think it was sub loss, refunds on pre orders, noise made on message boards, feedback from beta or for some other reason they changed course on this?

Personally I think it was how many refunds for the pre order had to be issued.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 06:33 PM.

Do you think it was sub loss, refunds on pre orders, noise made on message boards, feedback from beta or for some other reason they changed course on this?

Or a mixture of all, together with devs realizing that removing half of the explorable world wasn't all that fun.

Well you see that would require you to read my past posts.

It simply comes down to though running through an area for the 100th time to get dismounted by a mob that poses no threat, challenge or reward, but does however take long enough to kill that someone runs by you grabs your mining node, or rare you were going for ... to be fun or compelling game play.

The removal of flight was primarily to slow down how fast we consumed content (Bashiok said that and quickly had the post removed). The removal of flight had nothing to do with making the game better or more fun...

Now how am I better then those three... lets see ...

1. I listen to reason

2. I listen to facts

3. I listen to people who know more then I do objectively (aka the people in beta like yourself)

4. When one of my points is countered I actually respond w/more the "Nuh uh" . To be fair I am sure I have missed some, but I am pretty sure I haven't missed the majority.

5. and lastly if I was wrong I would concede I was wrong or made a mistake.

Don't believe me ask some of your anti flight comrades I have had some fascinating and productive conversations with many of them ... even if in the end we disagree.

Flying is likely coming in 6.1 and I won't lie the tears shed by the anti flight folks makes me smile ( I am actually a little ashamed that I am taking joy in the misery of others)...

But hey you don't like it leave (isn't that what you and your ilk liked to say) .... I mean its a MMO with fucking dragons that we ride... how much sense does it make that they can't fly...

Maybe a fantasy MMO isn't for you and you need to find another game = )

The majority spoke things changed it is no longer wait and see, or we don't know, it is now 6.1 seems like a good time to allow flight... let the tears flow.. for my throat is dry with thirst.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably all of it. Also, the fact that the complaints have gone on consistently for months. After all it's a business, the goal is subs plus sales equals money.

Welcome back buddy, you fought a hard campaign.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    That you did ... good to see you again.

It looks like logic came out on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    and I am FAR from done. I have a FB page, Twitter Account, and more going round the clock to remind Blizz, and it's tweeters about their statements, and their constant misdirects.

I will be happy when they stop fucking around and announce the FULL return of the 6.1 quest, or chosen unlock. Until then, they get me at every twist and turn taking their own interviews and video evidence and turning it on them. Them hating me is a small price to pay.

and I am FAR from done. I have a FB page, Twitter Account, and more going round the clock to remind Blizz, and it's tweeters about their statements, and their constant misdirects.

I will be happy when they stop fucking around and announce the FULL return of the 6.1 quest, or chosen unlock. Until then, they get me at every twist and turn taking their own interviews and video evidence and turning it on them. Them hating me is a small price to pay.
    You are far more dedicated then I my hat is off to you sir.

Fight the good fight and may your victory be sweet.

So have all the anti flight people conceded and left the thread .. it has grown remarkably silent.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 07:55 PM.