Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't know what's in what I said was so wrong and ruining. It's not the "now mentality". It's how things are. When you slow down movement, you don't make zones bigger, you don't make them have more content, you just slow down movement, that's all. People aren't stupid, they can see that Draenor is still the same size as Northrend, but is slower to navigate. /shrug
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to start an argument or what not but it's that instant gratification that's the problem. If anything requires any amount of time they complain and cry. This is a great example of how things are now. If things take any length of time they cry. But then if things are too easy ppl complain the games too easy and has nothing to do. The current mmo generation I feel is "lost" as to what they want in terms of difficulty and ease of content.

As for WoD and the size, I don't know after playing it for sometime now, it actually feels "disappointingly" small If were comparing it to wrath even with no flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to start an argument or what not but it's that instant gratification that's the problem.
    I disagree.

I think the main problem is too little content (and pretty careless attempts to shake things up if no flying was just "hey, let's try this and see if they like it", or, worse, attempts to artificially slow players down instead of concentrating on doing more and better content if no flying was "hey, we don't have much, let's remove flying, hopefully this way they will exhaust content a couple months later than usual").

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    There is no additional content for no flying to make it look like no flying is a good thing.
    This is true. A couple jumping puzzles is all I saw.

Same here and to be honest the couple that are their could have been handled to not allow flying by carrying something or any manipulation of flying VS removing flying for some undisclosed amount of time for every gamer that steps foot in wow.

I've long since voted for better quest design vs what we are getting in Wod. The same content you got for the past 2 expansions just with a different back drop.

Removing flying in WoD beta so far just hasn't brought this increased gaming experience blizzard has claimed. It's a similar gaming experience and one I don't care to give up flying for so blizzard can slow us all down. It just shows how little actual content you do have. It's decent content mind you, but not better.

Gamers are going to be max level before they realize it and then go WTF! no flying! and a new Apexis crystal grind that makes the old TBC ogri'la Apexis grind look like a cake walk.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-10-01 at 01:15 PM.

I disagree.

I think the main problem is too little content (and pretty careless attempts to shake things up if no flying was just "hey, let's try this and see if they like it", or, worse, attempts to artificially slow players down instead of concentrating on doing more and better content if no flying was "hey, we don't have much, let's remove flying, hopefully this way they will exhaust content a couple months later than usual").

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I have to agree with you on content. I've been saying that for awhile or more so thinking it that they don't put out all that much in terms of content. If they have as big of a team as they claim they have working on WoW then they should be putting out a hell of a lot more then they are. Makes you wonder what is actually going on. They're supposed to have hundreds of ppl working on the game but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Actually I have to agree with you on content. I've been saying that for awhile or more so thinking it that they don't put out all that much in terms of content. If they have as big of a team as they claim they have working on WoW then they should be putting out a hell of a lot more then they are. Makes you wonder what is actually going on. They're supposed to have hundreds of ppl working on the game but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it.
    My "feel good" theory - which might totally turn out to be a fluke: they are really working on the next expansion after WoD as we speak. As in, they are already doing zones and quests and instances.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Same here and to be honest the couple that are their could have been handled to not allow flying by carrying something or any manipulation of flying VS removing flying for some undisclosed amount of time for every gamer that steps foot in wow.

I've long since voted for better quest design vs what we are getting in Wod. The same content you got for the past 2 expansions just with a different back drop.

Removing flying in WoD beta so far just hasn't brought this increased gaming experience blizzard has claimed. It's a similar gaming experience and one I don't care to give up flying for so blizzard can slow us all down. It just shows how little actual content you do have. It's decent content mind you, but not better.

Gamers are going to be max level before they realize it and then go WTF! no flying! and a new Apexis crystal grind that makes the old TBC ogri'la Apexis grind look like a cake walk.
    To be fair I am not in beta, but I do read allot and have watched plenty of WoD on twitch. I just do not see how the content differs. It seems strange blizzard states this content was designed for the ground, yet provides no comments on how that differs from prior expansions.

I have asked multiple times and nobody as of yet has provided any answer on how the open world content in WoD differs from anything we have seen in BC, Wrath, Cata or MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Zones are the same size whether flying is in the game or not. If you mean to say that no flying will help create the impression that Draenor is bigger than it is, then perhaps this will be the case, but I am not sure what good this self-delusion is. If they just reduce movement speed by a factor of two they will achieve a similar effect, but I bet noone would think this is fun. Same for taking away flying. Instead of going "gee, this world is large", you will go "omg, how slow can this ground mount be, I just want to get around this stupid ridge and it is taking forever".
    I agree. Draenor looks to be the equivalent size of Outland. Outland felt large on a flying mount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Actually you do and are doing so again in this reply.
    Actually... No.

Claptrap. A transparent ploy to discredit what I say when you have nothing to counter except unfounded accusations like:

Also, you should stick to just one MMO forum account, you are losing track of what personality you are posting on.
    Which has no basis in truth or reality. If you have nothing to add, except blatant baiting, it would be wise to add nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    Actually... No.

Claptrap. A transparent ploy to discredit what I say when you have nothing to counter except unfounded accusations like:
    When someone post in a pathetic manner, it will be called out.

Which has no basis in truth or reality. If you have nothing to add, except blatant baiting, it would be wise to add nothing.
    It would be wise to point out the obvious, which I did.

about every 100 pages i come back to this topic and the same things are still being repeated over and over again...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    When someone post in a pathetic manner, it will be called out.
    Does a pathetic manner include grammatical gibberish? For I think that before you comment on the straw in my eye should extract the rafter from your own, and upon completing a basic course in the English language, you may return, elaborate on what you said instead of posting baseless accusations which you do not even bother to explain or use any form of argument logical or otherwise to bring anything to the table.

It would be wise to point out the obvious, which I did.
    Which is not true, so if you think it is obvious then you are clearly mistaken and incorrect. Or you can continually post in such a manner spouting nonsense, which quite frankly is all that anyone has come to expect.

Actually... No.

Do you post on multiple accounts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Ordinator View Post
    Nope, I do not.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    about every 100 pages i come back to this topic and the same things are still being repeated over and over again...
    You missed the post about how some shitter wants flying removed so he can finally catch rogues in pvp.
    Both hilarious and pathetic.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

It just occurred to me how lame it will feel if they add flying to Draenor in a later patch. The whole thing will feel pointless if they don't stick to their guns and keep us land-locked. Otherwise, what's the point of not flying for a few months if the rest of the expansion will have flying. What is the point?! It's like if a kid does something to betray their parents and as punishment, they don't let the kid leave the house for a week. But the next weekend, they take him to Disney World. What Was the point of the restriction if you're just going to reward them later anyway?

They're trying to make everyone happy at the same time which always leads to an inferior product.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tired. I'm only using the crime and punishment example as an analogy, I don't feel players are being "punished" by Blizzard by having our flying restricted.

I'm all for flying, or no flying!, but not both. Choose one and stick with it, otherwise it just sends the message that they don't have any faith in their own ideas and development decisions, so why should we?

rant rant rant.
    Last edited by Cute Chen; 2014-10-01 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    You missed the post about how some shitter wants flying removed so he can finally catch rogues in pvp.
    Both hilarious and pathetic.
    I read those. I do not see how it would help him catch rogues.

If someone tried to gank my rogue, I would usually spent the next 20 minutes sapping him. That dude is lucky the rogue wanted to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    It just occurred to me how lame it will feel if they add flying to Draenor in a later patch. The whole thing will feel pointless if they don't stick to their guns and keep us land-locked. Otherwise, what's the point of not flying for a few months if the rest of the expansion will have flying. What is the point?! It's like if a kid does something to betray their parents and as punishment, they don't let the kid leave the house for a week. But the next weekend, they take him to Disney World. What Was the point of the restriction if you're just going to reward them later anyway?

They're trying to make everyone happy at the same time which always leads to an inferior product.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tired. I'm only using the crime and punishment example as an analogy, I don't feel players are being "punished" by Blizzard by having our flying restricted.

I'm all for flying, or no flying!, but not both. Choose one and stick with it, otherwise it just sends the message that they don't have any faith in their own ideas and development decisions, so why should we?

rant rant rant.
    Your analogy is flawed =[

Blizzard originally said at launch flying will be disabled in WoD and added in a later patch. So it would be like going "OK you're grounded for a week" Then after 7 days you un ground them.

However they will most likely add in a zone or two after release and most likely those will be no fly zones while they are current content. However Flying may or may not come back in WoD it all depends on if blizzard (and customer reaction).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laumann View Post
    does a pathetic manner include grammatical gibberish? For i think that before you comment on the straw in my eye should extract the rafter from your own, and upon completing a basic course in the english language, you may return, elaborate on what you said instead of posting baseless accusations which you do not even bother to explain or use any form of argument logical or otherwise to bring anything to the table.

Which is not true, so if you think it is obvious then you are clearly mistaken and incorrect. Or you can continually post in such a manner spouting nonsense, which quite frankly is all that anyone has come to expect.
    lol! ................

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Yes. He's having trouble keeping his personalities vs forum alts straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Since removing flight is obviously for no other reason than to slow down consumption of content (lol), who decided that our current flight speed is fast enough?
    How odd.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Your analogy is flawed =[

Blizzard originally said at launch flying will be disabled in WoD and added in a later patch. So it would be like going "OK you're grounded for a week" Then after 7 days you un ground them.

However they will most likely add in a zone or two after release and most likely those will be no fly zones while they are current content. However Flying may or may not come back in WoD it all depends on if blizzard (and customer reaction).
    My analogy is probably flawed yes. I'm tired and just trying to put it into simple terms. But I believe my main point stands. We can't have our cake and eat it too, just give us one or the other. Don't restrict flying then give it back, it just makes the restriction period pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    My analogy is probably flawed yes. I'm tired and just trying to put it into simple terms. But I believe my main point stands. We can't have our cake and eat it too, just give us one or the other. Don't restrict flying then give it back, it just makes the restriction period pointless.
    Not quite pointless really.

As while the content is current then no flying has a purpose. When new zones are out with the latest content then the older content is no longer relevant so flying would be more useful there and the new content would have no flying (like how timeless isle isle of giants thunder etc all have no flying).