10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    LOL, you made an unambiguous statement that convenience is not good game design. Now you are moving the goal posts and tacking on additional conditions to try and salvage your point. LOL
    Flight has fewer drawbacks than advantages. Personally, I would love to see the skybox lowered, add more NPCs to the skies, increase the surface-to-air interactions, and slow mounts down to match ground speed. 60% at lvl 60 and 100% at level 80. DK, Pally, and Garrison boosts would still apply to air or ground mounts.

But, rather than encourage better sky design, the anti-flight group would rather just pull for its complete removal, not bothering to consider how Blizz always caves to casuals. So, when flight comes back, it will come back just as OP as it was when it was disabled. And while flying, untouched, at 310% + movement (497%+), I will sit back in the saddle and let out a hearty Gnome laugh as I lift Mim's head up out of my garrison and fly away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Saying that you agree with me would have saved you a lot of time.. Because thats pretty much all you did.
    You need to re-read that. He agreed that flight is OP, and should be balanced. He said nothing about its removal.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So now that I'm 100:

1. Log on
    2. Do the Garrison stuff
    3. Do the apex daily (using FP)
    4. Queue for some dungeons from Garrison.
    5. Log off

If there were flight I would've explored the shit out of Draenor. But alas, there's none. "No flight" killed exploration.

Also I wasn't that immersed, either. Actually I cannot even remember anything distinctively cool about Draenor zones. Snow? Trees? Sand? Trees? Ruins? Hills? ROADS!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So now that I'm 100:

1. Log on
    2. Do the Garrison stuff
    3. Do the apex daily (using FP)
    4. Queue for some dungeons from Garrison.
    5. Log off

If there were flight I would've explored the shit out of Draenor. But alas, there's none. "No flight" killed exploration.

Also I wasn't that immersed, either. Actually I cannot even remember anything distinctively cool about Draenor zones. Snow? Trees? Sand? Trees? Ruins? Hills? ROADS!
    What would you do after theres nothing left to explore with flying? Sit in your garrison and queue. That's the ultimate tragedy of this entire thing. Theres plenty of people legitimately enjoying being in the world without flight, the majority judging by polls, yet if the minority cry loud enough and get flying reinstated, you'll go fly around for a little bit then go back to your garrison and AFK queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you do after theres nothing left to explore with flying? Sit in your garrison and queue. That's the ultimate tragedy of this entire thing. Theres plenty of people legitimately enjoying being in the world without flight, the majority judging by polls, yet if the minority cry loud enough and get flying reinstated, you'll go fly around for a little bit then go back to your garrison and AFK queue.
    Polls regarding flight, for OR against, are worthless unless Blizz implements them officially through BattleNet login screens, or in email surveys. Flight's future is hardly determined by some half-ass polls regardless of which side they appear to favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Polls regarding flight, for OR against, are worthless unless Blizz implements them officially through BattleNet login screens, or in email surveys. Flight's future is hardly determined by some half-ass polls regardless of which side they appear to favor.
    So you like to say. I don't take them as seriously as you think.. But they exist and I'll still use them because it shows a trending information.

But seriously.. You could stop cherry picking lines out of my post.. It wasnt even about the poll results.

You mean they would have fun again? Just as the "majority" are doing right now? Having fun?

Hi My name is Originator...."you either have fun the way I tell you too, or you are a jerk!"

We get it. You are Hitler when it comes to how people should play this game...

None of us pro flyers want to take your fun away from you. We point out it was always there for you to have, but you elected not to play that way because of ...reasons.

We ask that we are allowed to have fun just as we always have had...your response is "you were doing it wrong"...

If you can't see how that makes you look bad...I dunno what to tell ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't take them as seriously as you think..
    Yet when it comes to the anti-flight position, they seem to be your go-to argument. Well, that and "I agree with every design choice Blizz makes so stop attacking them." Flight is a benefit to this game, and will be welcomed back in 6.1 with wide open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    "I agree with every design choice Blizz makes so stop attacking them."
    Did I ever once say this? I'm just as critical to Blizzard as you can be. I'm sorry that on this certain topic we don't agree but that doesn't mean I think Blizzard makes all the right decisions. Why don't you stop labeling people when you don't know shit.
    Last edited by Ordinator; 2014-11-26 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I ever once say this? I'm just as critical to Blizzard as you can be. I'm sorry that on this certain topic we don't agree but that doesn't mean I think Blizzard makes all the right decisions. Why don't you stop labeling people when you don't know shit.
    When it comes to flight, it would seem most of the anti-flight crowd spends their time defending Blizz rather than questioning their reason. Why is an 8 year old mechanic only a big enough issue to disable for WoD? If it has been a problem since TBC, why didn't they just leave it out of the game? Instead of actually asking the important questions about not flying, it is easier to simply follow them faithfully in their "design choices" when they chose to condemn us all to a reduced movement speed and increased playtime to accomplish the same things we've been doing for the past 8 years. Work Orders are not Dailies, they are 6 dailies (per building). Garrisons are fancy phased farms. Rares turn into regulars after you kill them once. No flight has ruined the want for me to do the other things I enjoy like new pet hunting and pet battles, archaeology, and simply searching for fishing pools. No flight is bad, and those who endorse it are no better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granbo View Post
    I find it interesting that the side that is most angry is the group that actually has the game going there way right now. It says much about the mentality of the anti-flight crowd. I'm in the pro-flight camp but it isn't a deal breaker. Superman and Gamingmuscle seem to be the only two posting logical coherent thoughts in this thread. Just my two cents.
    I do not care either way. As long as my friends play I am good. To your post, you are right, the people who do not want to fly seem really angry. I do not understand why.

I also read the wow US forums. It seems to be the same there as well. The posts wanting flight back seem really supported by all the people liking the posts. The posts saying we like not flying seem to be getting slot of negative clicks.

The people who do not like flying should be happy I would think. They are not it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by k0taku View Post
    Flying would be kinda unrealistic anyways.
    Would it be more realistic or less realistic then TIME TRAVEL???

lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Would it be more realistic or less realistic then TIME TRAVEL???

lol.
    Good question,

One side says "hey we want everyone to be happy just keep the CHOICE"

the other side says "fuck your choice, this way is better for the game as a whole"

One side says "hey i get what you are saying, but I really don't like those things you say it makes better, I'd still prefer the CHOICE"

the other side says "fuck your choice, you are just being thick headed. Play my way with an open mind and you will see it's not so bad!"

One side says "fuck your way, you are just self centered."

There...that's your arguments summed up in a nutshell. Choice versus no choice.
    Sometimes no choice is better than choice.
    And the bolded part is misleading because you're assuming that what you want will make everyone happy, which it won't. It certainly won't make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    And the bolded part is misleading because you're assuming that what you want will make everyone happy, which it won't. It certainly won't make me happy.
    how is choice in a video game bad? The game feels fun without flying for now. This may not be the case in a couple of months. That is where choice comes in. This is a mmorpg, it should be an open world. I like no flight right now. At some point I would like to be able to explore the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasack View Post
    how is choice in a video game bad? The game feels fun without flying for now. This may not be the case in a couple of months. That is where choice comes in. This is a mmorpg, it should be an open world. I like no flight right now. At some point I would like to be able to explore the world.
    There are many of hypothetical examples of too much choice being bad in a video game.

I mean I have no problem with flight being reinstated at some point, but I like no flight while content is current.

So you like to say. I don't take them as seriously as you think.. But they exist and I'll still use them because it shows a trending information.

But seriously.. You could stop cherry picking lines out of my post.. It wasnt even about the poll results.
    Wow a whole days worth of posting on this subject, and yet you say its a minute feature that you really don't care enough about to quit over and yet you dedicate your whole day to arguing with people on the internet you will never ever even meet. Do you think this is something that you can win? Only the House wins here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    You are honestly going to tell me you were unhappy for the past 7 years flight was in the game???

Ok...I'll bite. Show me a link to a thread you started back then complaining about it.

If you can do that. I'll shut up about this topic and never post in this thread again.

It's a ten year old rpg, I'm sure you could get pretty creative filling in a 6+ hour day...that being said, I don't -and never will allow myself- have 6+ hours to play a fucking game... let alone one that encompasses riding up slightly sloping paths as "core gameplay" not to be avoided.

I mean i should qualify that. I LOVED alien isolation, and a ton of that gameplay involves hiding in a locker waiting for the right moment to creep out and head towards your next objective. FUN because - the alien can't be killed, and is random pathing.

WoW isn't fun because there is no "alien" mechanic in it. It's just busy work horse shit. And it makes me laugh really. People would fucking spend 6+ hours a day doing dishes and other equally mundane chores...in a VIDEO GAME, all the while stacks of dirty dishes pile up in their actual kitchens.

I just don't relate to today's playerbase. And I'm glad I don't.
    Perhaps it's time to move on.

You are honestly going to tell me you were unhappy for the past 7 years flight was in the game???

Ok...I'll bite. Show me a link to a thread you started back then complaining about it.

If you can do that. I'll shut up about this topic and never post in this thread again.
    I will tell you that I'm happier now with the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasack View Post
    I think it's ironic that people are saying flight allows them to explore the world, when they are removed from it while in the air. The world is on the ground. I don't really give a shit if Blizz brings flight back or not, it just won't make that big of a difference to me. I'll still take flight paths 90% of the time. I am enjoying no flying and I think the game will be fine without it. There's literally nothing in Draenor you can't get to with a ground mount, because it's designed for ground mounts. It has to be since you know that's all there is. So this argument that you can't explore seems faulty. Sure you can't fly over top of mountains and shit, but do you really spend any amount of time doing that? That seems like a one and done kind of exploration.

I dunno, I just think it's comical this is 1300 pages long. I just don't understand how it impacts people so hard.