Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Yep, which made this content even more crap than it is.
    lol, don't do the crap content then. Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, it's better to sell hybrid mounts than pure ground ones.
    Personally thought I think it would have been better if they were mounts that don't look like they are intended to fly.. something like the Hearthstone mount or the Headless Horseman comes to mind.

Things with wings look stupid running around on the ground, just look at the ostridge, penguin, and the long extinct dodo bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post

Now use that grey matter of yours and tell me, how long is it Blizzard has been adding open-world content with flight disabled?

Done straining?

I will answer it for you since BC.

These are the pro-flight people folks. The movie Idiocracy is coming to pass.
    See that is the difference between me and the majority if the anti flight folk I do use my grey matter. As you have demonstrated here you chose not to use that what biology bestowed upon on you.

So lets look at this by expac and spell it out real slow for ya.

Burning Crusade - you could fly everywhere except Azeroth, and one little island.
    WoTLK - You could fly everywhere except Azeroth (don't remember any out door content you couldn't fly in I could be wrong though)
    Cata - You could fly everywhere even Azeroth cause it was so demanded, except one little area called Firelands
    MoP - You could fly everywhere except 3 little islands.
    WoD - Won't be able to fly anywhere except 2(?) classes in the pvp zone.

Now look at the person I responded to. Have we ever been able to use our personal mounts in instanced content ... No.
    However as I have demonstrated above we have until the release of WoD had flying available to us in the majority of relevant content.

Please think before you type. You seriously just enforced my Idiocracy comment. Jesus I could argue for the removal of flight better and I am pro flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I have seen class actions started for less.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it happened... don't think it would go anywhere. Wouldn't be good publicity though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

See that is the difference between me and the majority if the anti flight folk I do use my grey matter. As you have demonstrated here you chose not to use that what biology bestowed upon on you.

So lets look at this by expac and spell it out real slow for ya.

Burning Crusade - you could fly everywhere except Azeroth, and one little island.
    WoTLK - You could fly everywhere except Azeroth (don't remember any out door content you couldn't fly in I could be wrong though)
    Cata - You could fly everywhere even Azeroth cause it was so demanded, except one little area called Firelands
    MoP - You could fly everywhere except 3 little islands.
    WoD - Won't be able to fly anywhere except 2(?) classes in the pvp zone.

Now look at the person I responded to. Have we ever been able to use our personal mounts in instanced content ... No.
    However as I have demonstrated above we have until the release of WoD had flying available to us in the majority of relevant content.

Please think before you type. You seriously just enforced my Idiocracy comment. Jesus I could argue for the removal of flight better and I am pro flight.
    You're just saying stuff that happened as it might give credibility to your pro-flight stance. I just used your own logic - Blizzard disabled flying numerous times in the past. And they're doing it again.

And now you won't be able to fly anywhere at all (with few exceptions). They just amplified what they've been doing since TBC, since Blizzard past design is so important to you, you should really just play along with the plan.

PS. Cata also had BH.

You're just saying stuff that happened as it might give credibility to your pro-flight stance. I just used your own logic - Blizzard disabled flying numerous times in the past. And they're doing it again.

And now you won't be able to fly anywhere at all (with few exceptions). They just amplified what they've been doing since TBC, since Blizzard past design is so important to you, you should really just play along with the plan.

PS. Cata also had BH.
    They think that their lack of interest in the world is justification to skip current content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally thought I think it would have been better if they were mounts that don't look like they are intended to fly.. something like the Hearthstone mount or the Headless Horseman comes to mind.

Things with wings look stupid running around on the ground, just look at the ostridge, penguin, and the long extinct dodo bird.
    Hmh, yeah - matter of taste, but then again we got this from Mists of Pandaria DE/CE.

Can't recall when I saw somebody using that last time, probably at beginning of expansion.

Hmh, yeah - matter of taste, but then again we got this from Mists of Pandaria DE/CE.

Can't recall when I saw somebody using that last time, probably at beginning of expansion.
    Yeah I wasn't a real fan of that mount either (although I do have it), or that cloud running reindeer they were selling at the store. However to be fair it didn't seem to hurt sales.

Think the Dread Raven is going to be the first CE mount I won't have. Although I still have the achievement and it still shows up on my list I just can't bring it up, so if it unlocks when I get the standard WoD that would be cool I guess.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-10-14 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    To reiterate: I'm pretty much ambivalent about whether flying stays or goes. My game will be fine either way whether it returns in 6.1 or not. However, I find the rather blatant disregard for truth and common sense displayed with these flying mounts and Blizzard's stance on flying to be a problem. A rather big problem. I rather expect that players who don't follow every detail of these threads and may not even largely know about this will come to their own obvious conclusions. It's not likely to be a happy day for Blizzard when they do and worst of all, it is and was completely avoidable. Trust between a vendor and a customer is a precious thing. Wasting it in even minor ways is both sad and in this particular case preventable.
    Agree with this completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I believe GC loves to work at LoL, as it fits better to his own playstyle.
    Is that where he works now?
    Damn I hate that game. Always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    As stupid as it sounds, a lawsuit could possibly be started. If it is a class action lawsuit, it will probably be blizzards responsibility to contact every person who bought a flying mount from date A to date B.

I have seen class actions started for less.

I am not advocating for this mind you, the law system sickens me how easy it is to sue people. That being said, I would not be surprised if a suit did get started. I vent here and that is the end of it, but then again I have never purchased a mount.

People are going to get really mad. That's the bottom line.
    That would be like suing because you can't fly in arathi basin. It would go nowhere and anyone directly involved would get their accounts closed permanently.
    One Sweet Dream

Ok, so how long before "shame on you" croud realizes that selling a ground mount is worse than selling a flying one?

Ok, so how long before "shame on you" croud realizes that selling a ground mount is worse than selling a flying one?
    How so? Selling a ground mount only seems fair enough to me. The cash shop can do what it likes IMO.

You are going to have to expand upon your argument in greater detail.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    Its kind of shitty that they still sell flying mounts when they cant fly in one month, in new content that is.. Its misleading and many players wont know about this no flying until they reach max level. That just bad.

SNIP
    It is a shitty move and done more than likely because of box sales. If gamers knew right away there would be no flying, it has the potential to hinder box sales which are coming this time around at an inflated price.

Blizzard doesn't want that to happen to the largest group of gamers. The ones less informed than us on forums and thats a huge group it seems. It's easy to sale something to the less informed when your product is being sold with a "Let the buyer beware" policy.

It's PR and marketing at it best is blizzard is really good at that. It's a business move I just cannot support.

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    That would be like suing because you can't fly in arathi basin. It would go nowhere and anyone directly involved would get their accounts closed permanently.
    No it's nothing like that. They are actively selling flying mounts for an expansion that does not allow flying. That is shady.

I cannot understand why a company with such a great reputation and loyal fan base would do this to their customers.

I am sure they will provide refunds for those who ask. Can you imagine how much money they are going to have to give back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    How so? Selling a ground mount only seems fair enough to me. The cash shop can do what it likes IMO.
    I agree. At least it is honest

I'm amazed this topic has 1108 pages...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    When they are selling mounts which can operate as both, ground and flying, players can choose which mounts they want to use. If they'd only sell them as ground or flying mounts, some players might get upset since they might like certain flying mount(s) but are unable to use them due restrictions.

So, it's better to sell mounts which can operate as both.

- - - Updated - - -

Think the Dread Raven is going to be the first CE mount I won't have. Although I still have the achievement and it still shows up on my list I just can't bring it up, so if it unlocks when I get the standard WoD that would be cool I guess.
    I'm not fan of Reins of the Dread Raven even while flying, I'm just purchasing it to increase my mount collection size, like with most of my Store mounts ~ they are there, but almost never being used.

When they are selling mounts which can operate as both, ground and flying, players can choose which mounts they want to use. If they'd only sell them as ground or flying mounts, some players might get upset since they might like certain flying mount(s) but are unable to use them due restrictions.

So, it's better to sell mounts which can operate as both.
    It may reach a broader market if its sold as having the ability to do both where permitted true. But having a ground mount only isn't an issue for me on the cash shop. That place is for people to spend any spare cash they dont care about!

@Barkloud yeh not issues with them labeling things as a ground only mount or selling it as one. Cash shop does what it wants within reason (no gear with stats on transmog only gear and mounts/pets are fine by me!)

Knowing blizzard this is how it's going to be.

"So, we tested out the no flying in WoD and came to the conclusion that 100% of people like to be on ground since noone flew in Dreanor at all".

Then again, i'm jut enjoying my sexy pink elekk ground mount for fun stuff i like to do so i should not really care, but i just like the fact that there is option to choose from rather than 1 forced thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    "So, we tested out the no flying in WoD and came to the conclusion that 100% of people like to be on ground since noone flew in Dreanor at all".
    That would be blizzard logic, yes. As they really argumented people loved no flying as there was no flying at timeless isle.

I like how every argument relies on blizzard being evil and caniving. The pro flight argument(by the extremists at least) is essentially, fuck game design, give me what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    That would be blizzard logic, yes. As they really argumented people loved no flying as there was no flying at timeless isle.
    I am hard pressed to believe anyone is going to be playing WoD because of the lack of flight. I do however think that many people will play the game for some time in spite of the lack of flight.