Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No. The assumptions in my case - flying mounts should, well, fly. The assumptions in your case - that mount is built by the Iron Horde and I know that the Iron Horde is on Draenor because I read about the new expansion called Warlords of Draenor and I read about the Draenor and the Iron Horde, but, apparently, while I did read and do know all that, I somehow don't know if the expansion is already done or if it is something they are just working on so I am going to assume it is already out. The difference is drastic.
    Oh no that is certainly not the case, it was not that flying mounts should fly. Because they can fly, they can fly everywhere currently, so at the moment I sure am hurtling down upon my enemies in current max level content. What will happen though is that it will be restricted for a short time in the future max level content.

What your case is, in the style of your reply: "When I purchase a mount I want it to fly and when I say fly I mean in max level content except instances and battlegrounds of course because reasons also not whilst levelling because reasons even though I use an RP excuse of a mount from Draenor forgetting how to fly as being ridiculous I arbitrarily forget about this during leveling also people who purchase this mount never purchase it just for the aesthetic appeal or for +1 to mount tally its purely about a Draenor mount being allowed in Draenor it does not matter that they can currently fly it they only want to fly in Draenor and so when they go to Draenor they wont be able to fly and will be angry because they purchased a mount purely for Draenor even when they could not go to Draenor and so they are bad men."

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    A mount being able to be fly doesn't guarantee it can fly everywhere you want.

So, no. Spin it however you want, but that's been Blizz practice since TBC.
    "Blizz practice since TBC" was that mounts fly in all new world content, save several small special areas like IoQD, and since Cata - that mounts fly in all new world content and all old new world content, save those special areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    What your case is, in the style of your reply: "When I purchase a mount I want it to fly and when I say fly I mean in max level content except instances and battlegrounds of course because reasons also not whilst levelling because reasons ..."
    Because it's been like that for ages.

But feel free adding more trivia like "And by the way, I want flying to be in the game called World of Warcraft, and I want that game to have characters with abilities, and I want to be able to fly by pressing buttons on the keyboard or moving the mouse, ....", etc.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-10-20 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Because it's been like that for ages.
    Times change.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Yet we haven't seen one bit of this. Everything is textured and prepared for if Draenor gets flying. So no.
    Let me spell it out for you since you didn't catch what I was saying. It they are able to get by with only introducing flight in WoD near the end of the expac, if at all. Expect all future content to be textured like vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    No they shouldn't. Flying isn't and shouldn't ever be a spot lighted feature of this game. So having to put a disclaimer on mounts stating that the new xpac is flight restrictive would indicate that flying is more important than it really is.
    Hey bad news for ya man. Flying was a spot light feature for TWO expac BC and Cata.

Probably the features that were most well recieved, if the Blizzcon videos are any indication.

"Blizz practice since TBC" was that mounts fly in all new world content, save several small special areas like IoQD, and since Cata - that mounts fly in all new world content and all old new world content, save those special areas.
    My vision of "Blizz pratice since TBC" is true. Yours is false.

Check WoD for confirmation.

Very convincing. You don't provide much details, but I suppose you don't have to when you have such a persuasive point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    Times change.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.
    You seem to have lost what the talk was about. We were talking about what's reasonable to assume. When you see the words "flying mount", it's reasonable to assume that this mount will fly on the same terms other mounts flied for years.

Times change, sure. When they change in the way that flying mounts that you happen to sell for real world money suddenly become not very flying, it makes sense to note that in their description, lest people feel deceived. That's it.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-10-20 at 03:12 PM.

Care to elaborate? From what I know flight was allowed for Max level content since TBC. Flight in previous max level content had its requirements lowered as time went on. New one off zones had flight disabled (sunwell isle iot firelands timeless isle etc). Blizzards practice was as such. They have since decided to change it to disable flying for max level content for an unspecified time.

I am firmly in the wait and see camp. I won't let the lack of flight ruin my main game experience (dungeons and raids). But on the same flip of the coin im not convinced it will make my game play suddenly become this awe inspiring mega beast some people sprout out.

Deleted
    I'll just be over here enjoying the expansion while you lot try to surgically remove your butts from your assholes. Seriously. GET A GRIP.

Deleted
    You seem to have lost what the talk was about. We were talking about what's reasonable to assume. When you see the words "flying mount", it's reasonable to assume that this mount will fly on the same terms other mounts flied for years.

Times change, sure. When they change in the way that flying mounts that you happen to sell for real world money suddenly become not very flying, it makes sense to note that in their description, lest people feel deceived. That's it.
    Not at all. It is purely about what is a reasonable requirement on Blizzards part in informing customers out there. The mount adjusts to the area, the new area will not allow flying for a time. If you wish to be so pedantic as to demand them to put a disclaimer on the mount over the bizzare claim that people out there are buying this mount because they wish to fly in Draenor and nowhere else, especially when Blizzard has said that they will not be flying in that place, then you have no grounds to dismiss case #2 which is constructed from the same principles. People can buy it, they can fly it. Nobody can fly in Draenor yet, and they won't for a while. The mount does everything it claims, it can fly in ALL max content currently.

Seriously I'm done with this BS. No flight is not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    /face palm

That is not any different. The game zones and areas are from what i've seen the same as before (similar content objectives etc). Flight or no flight has had no impact in how that was designed from what i've seen. All you have done is taken your personal experience and said yep its definitely different than before. It isn't you just prefer no flying which is fine.

Still I am excited to get in and play. The new bike mount is awesome and ive been using it non stop since the patch.
    Whatever you say buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

I also am not seeing how it's different. If you explained it in an earlier post which I missed, I'd appreciate the link. The gameplay in Draenor is largely the same as in other expansions. I don't see what's so special in it wrt flying, I see no differences at all in this respect.
    How about this. I don't see anything special WITH flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    That's the thing, you do not have to fly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    No, seriously tho.

Why should our poor experience bolster yours?

Or do you just not have any real argument for it besides it makes your own personal experience better? Because otherwise you know, that's just like your opinion man.
    Your unwillingness to accept the reality of how things work and how players act is not my problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhar View Post
    Right now we DRIVE a lot more instead of walking, because we can. If we COULD fly as easily or more so than we drive, we would.

Getting from point A to point B as quickly and simply as possible, irrespective of the mechanics (flying, tunneling, driving, walking) is what matters to most people.
    But you will still fly to the parking lot and walk from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Seriously I'm done with this BS. No flight is not a big deal.

Whatever you say buddy.
    I don't understand you claim someone elses view point is false and yours is true I refute it stating that the content in wod is no different than previous expansions, just that you prefer the fact its no flying now. Which btw is completely fine im OK with no flight currently. So are you agreeing with me or trying to dismiss what I say as you've no real argument?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I don't understand you claim someone elses view point is false and yours is true I refute it stating that the content in wod is no different than previous expansions, just that you prefer the fact its no flying now. Which btw is completely fine im OK with no flight currently. So are you agreeing with me or trying to dismiss what I say as you've no real argument?
    I never said anyone's was false but I've explained how the gameplay has a completely different feel on the ground. You're looking for tangible differences when it's not all about that.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-10-20 at 05:40 PM.

Everytime I look at this thread, the same people making the same arguments.

Would be one thing if new people popped in the thread making arguments that have already been covered 50 times, as often happens. But no... we're talking the same exact people.

I gotta wonder what you guys are trying to gain here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    but I've explained how the gameplay has a completely different feel on the ground..

Please tell me who the fuck are you to say what other ppl should like or not... what is good gameplay for you can be utter SHIT to others...
    i have to wonder why you continued to play WoW all this years (?) if you hate to fly so much....
    there are other games out there where there is no flying... go play that....
    sticking to a game when you hate a major part of it for 7 years is ridiculous ( i bet you didnt play that long...) , and it kind of shows the type of person you are... you really must live a sad sad life...

But hey thank you for doing a major contribution on this thread, you have been here since start,even if you have said many times that you were tired of it but i guess thats your thing, sticking around things you hate, but please dont stick with it for 7 years also...

ridiculous...
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2014-10-20 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    How on earth did we manage in vanilla...

lol. And these are the type of people we're dealing with...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    Please tell me who the fuck are you to say what other ppl should like or not... what is good gameplay for you can be utter SHIT to others...
    i have to wonder why you continued to play WoW all this years (?) if you hate to fly so much....
    there are other games out there where there is no flying... go play that....
    sticking to a game when you hate a major part of it for 7 years is ridiculous ( i bet you didnt play that long...) , and it kind of shows the type of person you are... you really must live a sad sad life...

But hey thank you for doing a major contribution on this thread, you have been here since start,even if you have said many times that you were tired of it but i guess thats your thing, sticking around things you hate, but please dont stick with it for 7 years also...

ridiculous...
    Blizzard is the one making the change, so it appears you are the one who needs to find a new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this is still going on. :/

This is going to be the best expansion for me. I will save money and buy a looooot of popcorn with it watching people fighting about flying. I was never more excited about the outcome of a feature removal. What'll be? A big success or a catastrophic failure? We'll find the answer in about 3 months. Tic tac

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    How on earth did we manage in vanilla...
    how on earth did we manage in 1800's with no cars.... lets ban all cars..
    Time goes forward, not backwards

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    how on earth did we manage in 1800's with no cars.... lets ban all cars..
    Time goes forward, not backwards
    Not in this expansion, it doesn't.