Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    insta teleports should replace flight paths - does not affect flying at all. So you can get to a hub instantly and then freely fly in the zone, or go in the instance
    I think insta teleports remove immersion and shrink the world, and also destroy game design. Players just zip anywhere they want lazily and skip content.
    Queuing for lfg and lfr is also skipping content, teleport to instance, no challenge or gameplay. People should have to run to the instance entrance and click a stone to lfr or lfg, no summoning stones.
    Hearthstone cd should be increased, because this is an mmo, and a rpg, and both, and people should have to traverse the world.
    Flight paths should enforce a cooldown of 2 hours between each one, and they should cost 5 times as much.
    When I RP in Pathfinder it takes days to travel anywhere, and lots of random shit happens along the way. WoW should be like that at max level.
    If flight can be blamed for skipping content, so can all those other things. Turn them all off to see how it goes. Why not lol.

Seriously though, I do like the mounted combat available in the game atm, and I could see it easily being implemented into a flight zone with mounted aerial combat.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

I am certainly not gonna just bend over and take it like a champ while paying for it. It is too adult for me.
    You're not paying to fly. If you feel like you got ripped off after it has been known for basically a year that no flying was going to be a thing then it's your own fault for giving your money to Blizzard.

I am certainly not gonna just bend over and take it like a champ while paying for it. It is too adult for me.
    If I wanted to, I could ask them to focus the game entirely on PvP and ignore all raiding.

But I'm not, because I'm not some super special entitled snowflake out of millions of people. I got what I signed up for when I bought the expansion and I'm happy enough with it without "bending over and taking it".
    Last edited by FoxTheKing; 2014-11-27 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Apparently it's time once again to remind everyone to knock it off with personal insults and attacks. Disagree all you want but do it on-topic. Posts that are unacceptable will be infracted, deleted or both.
    I mean... that is all the discussion this thread is going to have from this point on. Just a spiral of the exact same conversation its been having for hundreds of pages where the same people regurgitate the same arguments until it eventually devolves into ad hominem because most of this stuff is emotionally driven in the first place.

The threads spent over 1000 pages doing that... soooo yeah. I can't imagine there's any other reason the threads allowed to continue beyond keeping all the bile in 1 place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Here's a fact. If they simply add flying right now, there's still the same amount of content in the world then before. All they've done is add a different way to get to it.

So it boils down to you kicking your feet and pouting till you get your way. Something a child does.
    If the roles were reversed...you'd report this post.

Maybe you should stick to not trying to personally attack someone, considering you can't handle the attacks yourself.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're not paying to fly. If you feel like you got ripped off after it has been known for basically a year that no flying was going to be a thing then it's your own fault for giving your money to Blizzard.
    I do not remember any mention of no flying at the store page

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FoxTheKing View Post
    If I wanted to, I could ask them to focus the game entirely on PvP and ignore all raiding.

But I'm not, because I'm not some super special entitled snowflake out of millions of people. I got what I signed up for when I bought the expansion and I'm happy enough with it without "bending over and taking it".
    except i am not asking for any removals nor refocusings
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

- - - Updated - - -

except i am not asking for any removals nor refocusings
    Maybe you should be smart and do some research, they wont plaster every single feature next to the buy button. Quit relying on handholding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post

Maybe you should stick to not trying to personally attack someone, considering you can't handle the attacks yourself.
    Might report, but so what?
    You can insult, troll, spam or whatever you like as you keep licking proper recipients backside (zomfg no flying such immersion you whiners suck). Infractions are reserved for those who represent the incorrect point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should be smart and do some research, they wont plaster every single feature next to the buy button. Quit relying on handholding.
    nope I will rely on anything i want and you are in no position to be so condensending about it. the times of buyer beware are long in the past and are considered fraud in the civilized world
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Might report, but so what?
    You can insult, troll, spam or whatever you like as you keep licking proper recipients backside (zomfg no flying such immersion you whiners suck). Infractions are reserved for those who represent the incorrect point of view.
    That made literally no sense. You may want to read into the context of that post.

- - - Updated - - -

nope I will rely on anything i want and you are in no position to be so condensending about it. the times of buyer beware are long in the past and are considered fraud in the civilized world
    You could have asked for a refund.

10+ Year Old Account

You could have asked for a refund.
    I could have danced in the rain. But it is hardly relevant to the topic

Deleted
    Here's a fact. If they simply add flying right now, there's still the same amount of content in the world then before. All they've done is add a different way to get to it.

So it boils down to you kicking your feet and pouting till you get your way. Something a child does.
    Are you doing archeology? Are you doing pet battles? If not, you don't really get to say much in this. No, not having flying at max level is not an issue if all you ever do outside the garrison is flight path to the daily quest, join raid, do the daily and hearthstone back to garrison. Anything beyond that though, can very quickly become more annoying and timeconsuming than fun.

Again, a lot of people do not find transportation in this game fun. I didn't start playing world of warcraft because I could run around. It is pretty much all the other stuff I want to do in the game. Why exactly should transportation take longer and be more tedious? We can clearly see, right now, that nothing good came from it. It is tolerable, currently, if you don't do archeology or pet battle trainers (No need to mine/herb because of garrison + gated spending). Does that make it good design? That it is tolerable? No. Any positive thing I've seen, has nothing to do with flying, and everything to do with common max-level objectives. Take flying out of the equation and you have the exact same situation, with less convenience, and more time spent on things that quite simply are not fun (Running around).

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Are you doing archeology? Are you doing pet battles?
    You spent more time traveling for archeology digs when they had 1/3 of the finds inside them and 1/2 the digs per zone. The only difference is the terrain is now relevant inside the digs.

Can't speak on pet battles since I don't do them outside of knowing that they don't take place in the air and traveling between zones is trivial with the sheer volume of flight paths and ports.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you doing archeology? Are you doing pet battles? If not, you don't really get to say much in this. No, not having flying at max level is not an issue if all you ever do outside the garrison is flight path to the daily quest, join raid, do the daily and hearthstone back to garrison. Anything beyond that though, can very quickly become more annoying and timeconsuming than fun.

Again, a lot of people do not find transportation in this game fun. I didn't start playing world of warcraft because I could run around. It is pretty much all the other stuff I want to do in the game. Why exactly should transportation take longer and be more tedious? We can clearly see, right now, that nothing good came from it. It is tolerable, currently, if you don't do archeology or pet battle trainers (No need to mine/herb because of garrison + gated spending). Does that make it good design? That it is tolerable? No. Any positive thing I've seen, has nothing to do with flying, and everything to do with common max-level objectives. Take flying out of the equation and you have the exact same situation, with less convenience, and more time spent on things that quite simply are not fun (Running around).
    This whole "nothing positive" deal presumes you treat WoW as a chore, not a game. There's a hell of a lot less gameplay in certain areas (particularly all the L100 areas) if you merely fly between objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post

If you say so.

You're arguing semantics when we both know damn well you were aware of no flying and that my post was 100% correct. Playing dumb doesn't change the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're arguing semantics when we both know damn well you were aware of no flying and that my post was 100% correct. Playing dumb doesn't change the facts.
    I am not arguing anything. I am stating facts. When i preordered the expansion noflying was not even mentioned.
    And this is all irrelevant for us kids who do not like to be molested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Can't speak on pet battles since I don't do them outside of knowing that they don't take place in the air and traveling between zones is trivial with the sheer volume of flight paths and ports.
    Went to Frostfire Ridge for pet battles, was able to grind them endlessly on same spot, and it should be even easier with Pet Menagerie level 2 as it reduces the cooldown of Revive Battle Pets while in Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Went to Frostfire Ridge for pet battles, was able to grind them endlessly on same spot, and it should be even easier with Pet Menagerie level 2 as it reduces the cooldown of Revive Battle Pets while in Draenor.
    You are a bit new to pet battles, aren't you? Wild battles are a side activity at best. Try doing pet trainers. That's what matters and that's where the lack of flying hurts.

Are you doing archeology? Are you doing pet battles? If not, you don't really get to say much in this.
    Done plenty of archeology already this expansion. I think a lot of the whiners haven't even tried it because they seem to be unaware of the fact that they upped the artifact count per dig site to compensate. So in reality they are the one who shouldn't be allowed to say much but yet they go on and on about how horrible archeology is now.

My Menagerie is complete and I do the daily everyday. I've caught plenty of Dreanor specific pets already

I also do plenty of fishing, mat farming, etc. etc.

I can say whatever I like.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not arguing anything. I am stating facts. When i preordered the expansion noflying was not even mentioned.
    Such an incredibly weak argument that it's borderline embarrassing and I'm not going to entertain it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss running off cliffs in cat form and hitting flight form a second before I hit the ground.

Being a druid and not being able to fly is whack.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect