10+ Year Old Account
    It's really hilarious though.
    They spent all that time and insane effort on designing this lovely world and they force us onto the ground so we "see more".
    Yet they design the endgame in a way that no one has to leave the garrison, except for killing a few mobs in a tiny daily zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's really hilarious though.
    They spent all that time and insane effort on designing this lovely world and they force us onto the ground so we "see more".
    Yet they design the endgame in a way that no one has to leave the garrison, except for killing a few mobs in a tiny daily zone.
    One of the reasons I still believe it was a business decision and had zero to do with making a better game.

If the can get by w/out flight the entire (most) of the expac expect all future content to be designed like vanilla aka 2d back drops. Saving Blizz a ton of money and resources.

Don't get me wrong I was immersed on the ground while leveling and at Max level for now. The daily mob kill quests are frankly a bit uninspired and ive yet to have a garrison invasion off the back of them. Wish we had a few more options in the open world finding some rares is OK (not really interested in treasures tbh) would like something else we could do out and about. Maybe a daily garrison construction quest or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Tanaan Jungle will have more things to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Um. I already auto-run most of the time, except I usually have the map open to figure out how to navigate difficult terrain. My screen usually looks like this (which is incidentally how I've 'experienced' most of WoD so far):

When I'm able to fly, my screen looks like this:

I've not for a second felt 'engaged' with with the world with no flying unless you're talking about the world map. Ever since I got Aviana's Feather I've been able to actually see Draenor for the first time (at 100 *sigh*). Most of it looks awesome, it's too bad there's really no way for me to appreciate it from the ground. I get that others are seemingly okay with only ever seeing tree trunks and hill sides. :P
    I actually feel more engaged when on the ground, you see everything like how you would see when you walk there yourself, and big things actually look big. Also the parkour puzzles are really cool

I have become stuck somewhere multiple times so far though, so on those moments i would love my flying mount...

Quote Originally Posted by lordthom View Post
    I actually feel more engaged when on the ground, you see everything like how you would see when you walk there yourself, and big things actually look big. Also the parkour puzzles are really cool

I have become stuck somewhere multiple times so far though, so on those moments i would love my flying mount...
    I get that and I also get the appeal of the puzzles to the one time rare/treasures. The thing is though the feel you get when riding up to something and getting that epic feel lasts what once maybe twice? As far as the treasures they are a one time deal and really no reason to ever do it again. Hell on my alts i only go after rares/treasures that might give me a possible upgrade.

So why extend no flight beyond 6.1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Split it is but not evenly. Common sense indicates that people who wish to artificially limit themselves and suffer (enjoying the suffering) are a tiny minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    it is suffering compared to flying.
    Suffering, wait what? What have I missed? When has ground traveling become suffering? You don't need a map 100% of the time to navigate, the tracks are marked and there's shortcuts. You could fly or you could ride, I like both ideas.

Though, a confession to make, even though flying is easier to skip things... Ground based traveling has earned me more though. Sold a good few BoE's for a good price, wouldn't have found those if I didn't need to kill a wolf who dismounted me.

Of course, flying can be suffering as well, having to cross over hills upon hills and suddenly realize that the world might seem smaller again?

I don't know...

To me, none of them seem to be a suffer, there's benefits on both sides and they both have their time to be used. Currently I like the use of flying via. items to explore.

I am still on the wagon if wishing for flying to be released/revealed/explored at 6.1 or 6.2 but I am not in a hurry to anything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Though, a confession to make, even though flying is easier to skip things... Ground based traveling has earned me more though. Sold a good few BoE's for a good price, wouldn't have found those if I didn't need to kill a wolf who dismounted me.
    COUPLE?! Lucky bastard!
    I got ONE BoE in 8 years of WoW. Dropped from daily trash in Icecrown.... sold for 3K. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    COUPLE?! Lucky bastard!
    I got ONE BoE in 8 years of WoW. Dropped from daily trash in Icecrown.... sold for 3K. :<
    I've not had a single BOE drop while solo. Had a few in groups/raids and never won them. My brother on the other hand has them rain down like smarties.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I get that and I also get the appeal of the puzzles to the one time rare/treasures. The thing is though the feel you get when riding up to something and getting that epic feel lasts what once maybe twice? As far as the treasures they are a one time deal and really no reason to ever do it again. Hell on my alts i only go after rares/treasures that might give me a possible upgrade.

So why extend no flight beyond 6.1?
    Enabling flight would be a so-so catch up mechanic for alts and returning players because they would have much easier access to garrison resources. Since the devs haven't said very much about the subject and anything they do say is very diplomatic I can only assume they have internal discussion including opinions that will not be popular. They approach all of their comments so carefully, and many of them won't even touch the subject. There's no reason to keep that quiet unless you're worried about the hassle of a backlash.

So if we're guessing at what some of those opinions could be, it can't be much different from the stuff that's already been raised. Not liking what flying mounts do to the game. People floating for no reason, zooming from node to node, sky afking, skipping any and all aggro on the path to your objective, etc.
    One Sweet Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Enabling flight would be a so-so catch up mechanic for alts and returning players because they would have much easier access to garrison resources. Since the devs haven't said very much about the subject and anything they do say is very diplomatic I can only assume they have internal discussion including opinions that will not be popular. They approach all of their comments so carefully, and many of them won't even touch the subject. There's no reason to keep that quiet unless you're worried about the hassle of a backlash.
    They will get a backlash whatever they do. That's just a fact. They've said for months now that there's no decision made about it (something I doubt but OK) and they'll wait and see what players think. Having them comment on any conversation about it now will just set off everyone again and raise the already considerable volume about it. I'm not surprised that they're not saying anything.

Internal discussion is very simple: Do we or don't we? Either way will cause more problems for them due to the rather clumsy way this has been handled.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I am sure they already decided, and i am sure they wont add back flying up to the end patch of WoD.

Why? Because if they would add it back, they would upset those who dislike flying.

And those who like flying already had been upset. So Blizzard just hopes they will slowly stop complaining.

Weathering the existing storm, and creating no new one.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-12-04 at 05:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Suffering, wait what? What have I missed?
    All the obstacles on your ground way. You can't get to that NPC (to turn in a quest) who is literally 5 meters from you - because he is on a hill that you just cannot traverse from your current location - you have to find a way around it. You go in the wrong direction at first obviously because the map is not detailed, then go in the other direction, kill some mobs on your way.

Not to mention all the path finding you did to get to that hill in the first place.

It's suffering. Compared to flying.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They will get a backlash whatever they do. That's just a fact. They've said for months now that there's no decision made about it (something I doubt but OK) and they'll wait and see what players think. Having them comment on any conversation about it now will just set off everyone again and raise the already considerable volume about it. I'm not surprised that they're not saying anything.

Internal discussion is very simple: Do we or don't we? Either way will cause more problems for them due to the rather clumsy way this has been handled.
    I'm honestly surprised blizzard communicates as much with us as they did. That's a really good way to shoot yourself in the foot.

I feel like that's a big reason why they stopped using the dev twitter accounts and everything goes through the main one now, and why only the CM's are really communicating much with us anymore which was the entire reason they were hired in the first place.

While it's nice for the people if we're being communicated with to such a degree, it's usually unhealthy for the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hopefully Tanaan Jungle will have more things to do.
    ...some people will never learn...

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    ...some people will never learn...
    Some people will never learn to hate everything about a game and appreciate its only redeeming quality in being able to piss through it faster~ish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Some people will never learn to hate everything about a game and appreciate its only redeeming quality in being able to piss through it faster~ish.
    Obviously people who hated flying removed it from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think at this point its safe to say that we all feel that removing flight was the right thing to do. The game is much much much much much much better now than when there was flight around.

It just goes to show you that even Blizzard messes up, and now they had the insight and wisdom to fix their error. They even said they screwed adding flight to the game. I'm glad everyone is still having a ton of fun this expansion and not having flight is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think at this point its safe to say that we all feel that removing flight was the right thing to do. The game is much much much much much much better now than when there was flight around.

It just goes to show you that even Blizzard messes up, and now they had the insight and wisdom to fix their error. They even said they screwed adding flight to the game. I'm glad everyone is still having a ton of fun this expansion and not having flight is perfectly fine.
    uhm....

we don't all feel safe about it actually...or this thread wouldn't be still happening.

It's downright ridiculous that the moderators have left this thread open.

There hasn't been a single new thought, contribution, or argument presented on the topic in 1000 pages of posts. It's the same circular bullshit over, and over, and over, and over page after page.

ANY other thread gets locked when it has "run its course" or "is no longer productive" but for some reason this one is allowed to circle the drain for days upon weeks with absolutely no progress or new information. It's senseless.