Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    If the admins at MMO champ were biased they would have closed this ridiculous fucking excuse for a thread 25,000 posts ago dude.
    Why are you then?

If they aren't biased then they are clueless. I'm not sure what is worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why are you then?

If they aren't biased then they are clueless. I'm not sure what is worse.
    What does that actually mean? What makes them either biased or clueless? Explain please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You overestimate the amount of receivers of such news. Most of the players will learn about it while playing i believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, the nay-sayers just want to counter the cheating of the yes-sayers
    Every single poll has shown about the same numbers. 2/3 to 1/3.

You can keep trying to claim that the polls are rigged and irrelevant, but that won't make it any more true.

All of the people begging for flight to be put back in are proclaiming doom and failure if Blizzard doesn't put flight back in, but you better believe people enjoying it means the game won't be failing in a few months.

It's gone from,

"Blizzard will put flying back in once they see all of this feedback from beta!"
    "Blizzard will put flying back in a patch right after launch when they see the launch flop to 5m subs!"
    "Blizzard will put flying back in patch 6.1 once people get bored and leave!"
    "Blizzard will put flying back in once 6.1 fails and people leave after that!"
    "Blizzard will put flying back in..."

- - - Updated - - -

The poll does not ask if they want flying back, it asks if people like Draenor despite not having flying mounts. It's very irrelevant.
    As long as people are enjoying draenor, they're not going to unsub. A lot of people will stay subbed even if they really want flight back just because they're WoW addicts and are in a guild of friends they don't want to leave.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that poll is, all the trolls will vote for 'no flying' just to skew things, because they know (at least on this site) a lot of people DO want to be able to fly. It isn't just genuine people for or against, you've got the asshats that will intentionally go one way or the other just to tip the scales out of favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    What does that actually mean? What makes them either biased or clueless? Explain please.
    The question is not about flying or no flying. It asks if players like Draenor despite flying being removed. This makes the poll very irrelevant yet it looks like most do not want flying back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The problem with that poll is, all the trolls will vote for 'no flying' just to skew things, because they know (at least on this site) a lot of people DO want to be able to fly. It isn't just genuine people for or against, you've got the asshats that will intentionally go one way or the other just to tip the scales out of favor.
    This is conspiracy theory on the level of lizard people in our government. Pro flight people are just as easily able to rig the poll as the no flight people. It's pure denial to say that every poll that doesn't agree with your opinion is being rigged by the other side. Demanding flight back is the minority, deal with it, and understand it will be affecting design decisions since at the end of the day, subs are what's most important to their bottom line, and they're going to design between a mix of their own vision and what they think will retain the most people.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    The question is not about flying or no flying. It asks if players like Draenor despite flying being removed. This makes the poll very irrelevant yet it looks like most do not want flying back.
    I'm looking at the wording of the poll right now and it says Are you enjoying no flying in Draenor?. The words "no flying" are there. I'm not too sure how you can interpret that as it not being a question about flying or no flying when literally the words "no flying" are there.

Are you enjoying no flying in Draenor? is about the state of flying in Draenor.

yup, it even matches up pretty closely with this thread on percentage of votes: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ou-miss-flying

15+ Year Old Account
    There's another poll on this forum that's worded "Do you miss flying? Y/N" with almost identical numbers. I'd say 2/3 not missing flying doesn't mean they want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Every single poll has shown about the same numbers. 2/3 to 1/3.

You can keep trying to claim that the polls are rigged and irrelevant, but that won't make it any more true.

All of the people begging for flight to be put back in are proclaiming doom and failure if Blizzard doesn't put flight back in, but you better believe people enjoying it means the game won't be failing in a few months.

It's gone from,

"Blizzard will put flying back in once they see all of this feedback from beta!"
    "Blizzard will put flying back in a patch right after launch when they see the launch flop to 5m subs!"
    "Blizzard will put flying back in patch 6.1 once people get bored and leave!"
    "Blizzard will put flying back in once 6.1 fails and people leave after that!"
    "Blizzard will put flying back in..."

- - - Updated - - -

As long as people are enjoying draenor, they're not going to unsub. A lot of people will stay subbed even if they really want flight back just because they're WoW addicts and are in a guild of friends they don't want to leave.
    But people are enjoying it be couse it's new. In a few month it's going to be quite clear to most that the removal of flight was just to cover up the fact that WoD has pretty much no new content at all. Traveling is not content, yet Blizzard... and you seem to think so.

- - - Updated - - -

There's another poll on this forum that's worded "Do you miss flying? Y/N" with almost identical numbers. I'd say 2/3 not missing flying doesn't mean they want it back.
    It's still quite irrelevant.

In a few month it's going to be quite clear to most that the removal of flight was just to cover up the fact that WoD has pretty much no new content at all.
    tell that to the people saying they're overwhelmed with things to do.. do you even play WoW?

Deleted
    If it's irrelevant then why are you so concerned about the wording.

Without flying Warlords of Draenor is not a World of Warcraft expansion, it's just some game that I have no motivation to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    But people are enjoying it be couse it's new. In a few month it's going to be quite clear to most that the removal of flight was just to cover up the fact that WoD has pretty much no new content at all. Traveling is not content, yet Blizzard... and you seem to think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding flying wouldn't be content either. So what's your point? I've seen lots of complaints on multiple forums that people are bored and sitting in their garrison because they don't have flight... so I have to wonder, what exactly do they plan to do once they have flight? Be bored hovering in the air in their garrison?

I can't imagine it would be to farm. I have over 3000 of each ore at this point and over 700 of each flower. That's just from a mine and herb garden on 3 toons. Leveling is ridiculously fast. Level 96 for the herb garden takes all of an evening to do.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2014-12-06 at 08:28 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, even if this poll was a sampling of everyone, which it isn't, a company cannot afford to just disregard 1/3 of their players. It isn't like this is some political vote where majority rules. Even at 90%, a 10% hit to income is not something a company is just going to ignore.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    ROFL at people twisting the poll to be "Irrelevant"

Sounds like the pro-flyers are being butthurt from the results.

It CLEARLY says "Are you enjoying no flying in Draenor?"

That does not imply you enjoying draenor and not the no flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Thing is, even if this poll was a sampling of everyone, which it isn't, a company cannot afford to just disregard 1/3 of their players. It isn't like this is some political vote where majority rules. Even at 90%, a 10% hit to income is not something a company is just going to ignore.
    You're implying those numbers represent a fixed point that makes or breaks a subscription.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    You're implying those numbers represent a fixed point that makes or breaks a subscription.
    It is an example captain semantics.

If Blizzard cannot convince most pro-flyers to accept no-flying, they will notice it in accounting. The moment accounting gets back to them, that is when they will re-introduce flying, not before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    It is an example captain semantics.

If Blizzard cannot convince most pro-flyers to accept no-flying, they will notice it in accounting. The moment accounting gets back to them, that is when they will re-introduce flying, not before.
    What good is an example if it's flawed and doesn't actually demonstrate anything?

And yes, if people do leave en masse due to no flying then changes will most likely be reverted. What's up for debate is whether that'll actually happen at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is conspiracy theory on the level of lizard people in our government. Pro flight people are just as easily able to rig the poll as the no flight people. It's pure denial to say that every poll that doesn't agree with your opinion is being rigged by the other side. Demanding flight back is the minority, deal with it, and understand it will be affecting design decisions since at the end of the day, subs are what's most important to their bottom line, and they're going to design between a mix of their own vision and what they think will retain the most people.
    And that's where you're wrong. I have no opinion, as I'm not playing WoD, haven't played WoW in over a year, and have no idea how good or bad it is. I'm just voicing my opinion on such a volatile poll. But I HAVE been paying attention, and it would SEEM that the pro fliers outweigh the anti fliers, and so people like me who have no real opinion one way or the other will just vote on whichever is the majority, just to give it more weight, since it will obviously cause problems with others. Hell, just because you're being a smart ass about it, I may just go vote for the hell of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.