Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Same amount of subs as the start of MoP, which did feature flying at max level.
    I am not saying the removal of flying has anything to do with the subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    The poll still doesn't matter. Ignoring 31% of your players, as a rough estimate, is not good for the bottom line. This isn't politics where 51% is THE WINNER!
    Again, if you're willing to accept that the poll doesn't matter, why are you saying that 31% of people are collectively basing their major gameplay enjoyment on flying alone?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really liking this expansion a lot. Now this, I knew this was going to happen they're such liars at blizzard. They knew a lot of us wouldn't have bought this game if we were told there would be no flying . That's why they said yeah uh, maybe. I fucking hate the wow developers. This pisses me off to no end. I don't want to quit playing, but I really want my flying mount back too, and continuing to play just says to them it's okay. I don't care about it anyway. I try to keep some proper prespective, but i have a lot of time and money invested in this game. It sucks I don't want to be forced to quit in protest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think a poll to ask the players would have to be done by blizzard, and linked to the battle.net account. But blizzard never did something like that before, so i doubt it will happen.

The only thing you can say about the front page poll is, that a lot of the mmo-c readers like no flying. And that another large group of mmo-c readers likes flying.

I think this poll is not usefull to argument the removal of flying.

I think one of the biggest groups are those who just dont care, as long the game is fun.

Fact is, that WoD is a big success for Blizzard. And i am sure they feel encouraged to continue the current design paradigm.
    The only "poll" Blizzard care about is the reason for leaving one you fill in when you cancel.

Deleted
    Don't get upset about polls. Get upset about the fact that you are paying more money for less functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Again, if you're willing to accept that the poll doesn't matter, why are you saying that 31% of people are collectively basing their major gameplay enjoyment on flying alone?
    The poll absolutely matters. The question is how upset are the 31% of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by DAV_76 View Post
    Don't get upset about polls. Get upset about the fact that you are paying more money for less functionality.
    You were never paying for functionality? Who even thinks this way...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    The poll absolutely matters. The question is how upset are the 31% of the people.
    People on both sides disagree with the poll mattering. If I were to humour you and answer your question it would be "varying degrees between not really to unsubscribing because of it"
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-12-07 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I only wish I could line up a hundred plus thousand customers as willing to shovel money at me when I give them less and charge them more for it.

How the hell do you enjoy NOT DOING SOMETHING. I don't do lots of things all the time. I don't bleed out my eyes, or drive on the wrong side of the road, or eat brussel sprouts. Woohoo.

All I know is that as a business person if I pissed off 31% of my customers I would soon be making 31% less money and that if I offered a product that only 31% of my customers used or enjoyed, that I wouldn't eliminate it because the other 69% became irrationally upset that I offered something that they claim they don't care for.

I remember at the start of Mists when people were bitching about no flying til level cap and not having alt flying and I also don't remember a single thread much less 100 plus thousand people indicating how much fun they had while not flying while levelling through Blizzard's rewardless, mindless "questing experience". It's utterly appalling how many people adopted this view that somehow getting from place A to place B is somehow super crazy important and that if people were only on the ground so they could see them getting in their way the world would be all rainbows and lollipops. And that they adopted it only after Blizzard said something about it. If it was such a big deal where was the 68% outcry about flying all through Cataclysm and Mists. It didn't exist and was created by Blizzard not by people caring a hoot whether flying was disallowed.

TLDR: I value my time. Apparently 68% of people who read MMO-C don't.
    Last edited by hyphnos; 2014-12-07 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys! Man just completed this amazing platforming puzzle and you know what I got for it?!

42 garrison resources! Holy fucking shit!

So glad I didn't have a flying mount to trivialize this amazing reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Thank you for your interesting interpretation of the reasons why people on a fan forum vote. I now realise that people don't vote for various reasons and the most clear answer is a singular reason that you dislike. I'll keep this in mind next time I'm given an oppertunity to represent my opinion I'll keep it in mind that all other reasons are void and i enjoy wasting my time.

If you value your time, possibly MMOs aren't the genre for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's sad really. I used to really enjoy this game. Seeing that so many people like no flying is actually amazingly depressing because you guys and Blizzard are keeping me from coming back and enjoying the game and spending time with friends. It's honestly a bit sickening. But if this keeps up I probably will never be back and that is something I hate admitting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    you guys and Blizzard are keeping me from coming back and enjoying the game and spending time with friends. It's honestly a bit sickening.
    Unless all that you and your friends do is race eachother in the skies with your flying mounts then please explain why Blizzard is responsible for you valuing the act of flying over spending time with your friends ingame.

If both you and your friends both dislike no flying to the degree of all quitting then surely you can spend time with eachother on a different game? I'm not saying "if you don't like it then quit" but the way you're wording it sounds like your friends are currently playing but you feel personally unable to play with them due to no flying.

It's sad really. I used to really enjoy this game. Seeing that so many people like no flying is actually amazingly depressing because you guys and Blizzard are keeping me from coming back and enjoying the game and spending time with friends. It's honestly a bit sickening. But if this keeps up I probably will never be back and that is something I hate admitting.
    Could you at least be slightly constructive to counter all that drama? What is it *specifically* about no flying that makes you feel the need to quit the game?

Protip: If you value your fucking time, don't play MMO's bud.

All I know is that as a business person if I pissed off 31% of my customers I would soon be making 31% less money and that if I offered a product that only 31% of my customers used or enjoyed
    Yeah, neat. Here's the thing: just because 31% of people would like flying doesn't mean 31% of people are going to stop playing the game over it.

Even the people who care don't really care that much. They're still going to play.

So you're telling us that you & your friends flew around on your mounts, like some mmo motorcycle gang, and that was the primary source of your gaming enjoyment? I'm not a sim guy but there are probably some amazing multiplayer flight sims out there to quench that desire.

I predict Blizzard will see the slowest drop off of subs of any expansion because of no flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I predict Blizzard will see the slowest drop off of subs of any expansion because of no flying.
    You're off to a really terrible start if that's your prediction.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, PLEASE explain to me how not being able to fly around is completely destroying any chance of you have fun with friends? PVP(TB, WG, BG's, ect) haven't ever had flying in them. Raiding doesn't use flying mounts. OK fine you can't fly out in the questing areas but you can still run around with your friends.

I honestly don't under stand these kinds of posts. How does having flying change really anything when you are doing stuff with friends.