Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    If there's nothing interesting or fun to do at 100 and all you do is stand in your garrison, how is flying going to change that?

Please, man.

Please just answer me.
    It's almost like you have no ability to think.

No matter what you do out in the world, even with the very limited things Blizzard has implemented, there all better if you can fly vs riding on the ground.

Finding mats, exploring, pet battles, archeology or just getting to an instance. It may not be all that interesting or fun but at least it's tolerable flying should I decide to do it.

Do you not get that? No matter how much or little content is there. I'd rather fly doing even that little bit vs riding on the ground at max level.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-12-12 at 08:19 PM.

And I remember you. You're the guy who focuses on people's vocabulary to distract from the fact that you don't have substantive responses to their questions or cogent rebuttals to their arguments. At the risk of going too far down this rabbit hole, I wonder why "butthurt" is totally fine with you - a phrase implying that someone's asshole has been injured by your words - but "shit" is somehow so offensive that you find it necessary to talk about it multiple times.

Yeah. Except I don't do that and haven't ever even tried. If you would spend a little less time worrying about how fucking often I say "fuck" and a little more time focusing on the content of my posts, you might remember that I've stated on several occasions that I don't actually care one way or another whether the game has flying - I just think it's completely irrelevant. It doesn't make the game better or worse one way or the other so if Blizzard wants to remove it I don't really give one shit either way.

I spend time in this thread because it's cathartic to me pointing out the illogical nature of people's arguments - something that's easy to spend time doing in this thread.

So are you ever going to get around to answering my fucking question, dude? Or is this what I can expect?

Just more dodging?

Let's try one more fucking time.

If there's nothing interesting or fun to do at 100 and all you do is stand in your garrison, how is flying going to change that?

Please, man.

Please just answer me.
    Allow me to ignore the bulk of your comment because it boils down to internet little big man posing but again I will answer your question even though I KNOW you will just ignore it anyways and say that I am evading your question by picking out context when that is exactly what you do while calling an opinions different than your own as illogical.

There is nothing to do in the entire island, but I did say there is one thing I do leave my garrison to do and thats get to the raid. Maybe I don't want to be on a boring flight path while my eyes are watching netflix in my other monitor. Maybe I want to use my flight mount to go where I want and stay immersed in Draenor instead of looking away because I am bored? I want to control the horizontal, I want to experience draenor from above without loosing interest. Maybe I want to enjoy riding my Galakras flight mount that I won in the last tier instead of some orcs two headed flea bag?

The only argument you flight haters have is that we have to be ground mounted to enjoy opening treasure chests and kill rares to which I say I already did all that and there is nothing left to do that would make a ground mount enjoyable. If the game had some content that actually required me to be on the ground it would at least make sense and be logical BUT THERE IS NOTHING. If the only thing I do is get summoned to a raid or use a flight path to a raid then there really is no reason to forsake flight mounts if I am ignoring all the danger and immersion with summons/flight paths.

But please do be beligerant towards my responce, pick out content, call me illogical and beat your chest like you are the baddest dude in the whole damned internet some more regardless of what I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Same exact people in every page.
    What a riot.

No-flight has benefits that isn't immediately obvious. You can't "measure" peoples enjoyment due to flight being removed. That's part of the reason it's hard to defend.
    I have to defend players reduced mobility/convenience. It's a bit like arguing why your nation borrowing a billion dollars NOW won't be beneficial in the future when loans and whatnot creeps up.

Draenor offered me many, many hours of things to do even at 100. I did all that even though me dinging 100 didn't all of a sudden earn me near-guaranteed safety. But apparently I have a gift many lack: I think further down the line. Down the line where I have like four level 100s. I wouldn't want some daily "mandatory" 6.0 content I had to do over and over to keep up. By then I have 6.1, 6.2 or maybe 6.3 content as well.

The argument that there's "nothing" to do in the world at 100, and thus flight should be enabled, is so dumb it should be documented.
    "Hey I have nothing to do, give me the means of ignoring everything and it'll last longer" ?

This is why game design is not a democracy. Players are too dumb to know what gives them enjoyment. And they WILL shorten their enjoyment next to nil for instant reward.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-12-12 at 08:35 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Same exact people in every page.
    What a riot.

No-flight has benefits that isn't immediately obvious. You can't "measure" peoples enjoyment due to flight being removed. That's part of the reason it's hard to defend.
    I have to defend players reduced mobility/convenience. It's a bit like arguing why your nation borrowing a billion dollars NOW won't be beneficial in the future when loans and whatnot creeps up.

Draenor offered me many, many hours of things to do even at 100. I did all that even though me dinging 100 didn't all of a sudden earn me near-guaranteed safety. But apparently I have a gift many lack: I think further down the line. Down the line where I have like four level 100s. I wouldn't want some daily "mandatory" 6.0 content I had to do over and over to keep up. By then I have 6.1, 6.2 or maybe 6.3 content as well.

The argument that there's "nothing" to do in the world at 100, and thus flight should be enabled, is so dumb it should be documented.
    "Hey I have nothing to do, give me the means of ignoring everything and it'll last longer" ?

This is why game design is not a democracy. Players are too dumb to know what gives them enjoyment.
    Yes, we are too stupid to know what gives us enjoyment. Awesome. You should do a government funded study on how we can quantify the enjoyment of ground mounts but not flight mounts. You should also explain to us how the economy works because we, people who had nothing to do with borrowing money from another government, can finally understand the long range rammifications of borrowing money.

I usually run around thinking I am the only person in the room with any brains what so ever and the rest of humanity are a bunch of hairless brain dead oafs. People react so well to that kind of demeanor.

Deleted
    The only thing that should be documented is your inability to grasp basic logic.

One of the major reasons for the removal of flight was "People tend to skip too much over content in the open world" - to which we reply: What open world content?

That doesn't have anything to do with what you said and I don't know if I can put it any simpler than this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Really? You say this after your own quote (and MANY like it scattered throughout this thread):

At least the guy was openly admitting there were people who did and those who did not AFK in major cities.

You really need to bow out graciously from the thread, as the more you post, the less credible your thoughts become.
    Oh I guess people aren't allowed to be fallible? Didn't know that. So because I slip up means other people are allowed to slip up? I'm glad you think so highly of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlurps View Post
    The only thing that should be documented is your inability to grasp basic logic.

One of the major reasons for the removal of flight was "People tend to skip too much over content in the open world" - to which we reply: What open world content?

That doesn't have anything to do with what you said and I don't know if I can put it any simpler than this.
    "What open world content? I choose not to do any of it, give me flying so I can do these tasks even faster."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There is nothing to do in the entire island, but I did say there is one thing I do leave my garrison to do and thats get to the raid.
    So that's it then. Finally an answer and it exposes the reality. All this - all this moaning, and hand-wringing and arm-waving and screaming and crying and the best you can come up with when pressed is the 90 seconds it takes to get to the raid from your Garrison?

You can literally see Highmaul from your Garrison, sweetie. Is it really worth all this heartache to get there on your mount instead of the flightpath that lands you in spitting distance? Setting aside the fact that there's a summoning stone 8 feet from the fucking entrance anyway.

The only argument you flight haters have
    Keep calling me a "flight hater," dude. Keep repeating it over and over even though I keep saying I have no problem with flight at all. I don't care if it's in the game. If Blizzard added it tomorrow, I would say "meh."

The same "meh" I said when they took it out.

It literally doesn't fucking matter to me.

And frankly it obviously doesn't fucking matter to you, either. If the only tangible excuse you can come up with for bringing it back is getting from your Garrison to Highmaul then, I'm sorry, you're admitting flight really doesn't impact your enjoyment of the game and you're just here arguing for the sake of it.

- - - Updated - - -

"What open world content? I choose not to do any of it, give me flying so I can do these tasks even faster."
    Right? Same self defeating argument over and over from these two.

"There's nothing in the world to do! Give us flying so we can continue to do nothing but in the sky instead!"

15+ Year Old Account
    There are things to do, but doing them or even just getting to the locations is tedious without flight. So with current travel options, activities they normally would be doing they aren't, so content that they do is much more limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    There are things to do, but doing them or even just getting to the locations is tedious without flight.
    Bull. Shit.

Absolute, utter, steaming bullshit.

There is not ONE place in Draenor you can't access in less than 5 minutes by flight path. NOWHERE is "tedious" to get to anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bull. Shit.

There is not ONE place in Draenor you can't access in less than 5 minutes by flight path. NOWHERE is "tedious" to get to anymore.
    If you have been reading the past few pages at all, you will see others saying what I just said. Archeology, fishing, gathering and doing anything outside of rares and dailies is tedious to get to. Go back and complain to those that are actually in the game and still complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are things to do, but doing them or even just getting to the locations is tedious without flight. So with current travel options, activities they normally would be doing they aren't, so content that they do is much more limited.
    Arguing that something in an open world MMO is "tedious" because you have to travel* to get there is completely pointless.

* The very essence of open world

So that's it then. Finally an answer and it exposes the reality. All this - all this moaning, and hand-wringing and arm-waving and screaming and crying and the best you can come up with when pressed is the 90 seconds it takes to get to the raid from your Garrison?

You can literally see Highmaul from your Garrison, sweetie. Is it really worth all this heartache to get there on your mount instead of the flightpath that lands you in spitting distance? Setting aside the fact that there's a summoning stone 8 feet from the fucking entrance anyway.

Keep calling me a "flight hater," dude. Keep repeating it over and over even though I keep saying I have no problem with flight at all. I don't care if it's in the game. If Blizzard added it tomorrow, I would say "meh."

The same "meh" I said when they took it out.

It literally doesn't fucking matter to me.

And frankly it obviously doesn't fucking matter to you, either. If the only tangible excuse you can come up with for bringing it back is getting from your Garrison to Highmaul then, I'm sorry, you're admitting flight really doesn't impact your enjoyment of the game and you're just here arguing for the sake of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Right? Same self defeating argument over and over from these two.

"There's nothing in the world to do! Give us flying so we can continue to do nothing but in the sky instead!"
    And as expected what I said flew completely over your head and you just ignored it. As I said I don't enjoy flight paths AT ALL, they are not immersive and I don't even pay attention to my wow monitor when I am on them. When I am on my flight mounts, that I feel have value to me due to the efforts I put into getting them, I am focused on my wow screen and I am interacting with my environment more than I would on a flight path. So it does make a difference to me.

But perhaps I need to put it in terms you would use, "I fucking hate shitty flight paths and I fucking find fucking flying there and shit far more fucking immersive and fucking enjoyable than shit flight fucking paths."

15+ Year Old Account
    Arguing that something in an open world MMO is "tedious" because you have to travel to get there is completely pointless.
    Hardly. Flying was fast and fun. Sitting on taxi mounts or plodding around in grounds mounts is boring and takes longer. FF XI was legendary for their boats and how long they took. I believe EQ was renowned for how tedious it was to get around and how people either had alts or begged/payed for fast travel. So sorry, travel IS tedious. Travel ISN'T content. Travel is the time sink to get to the content we enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    And as expected what I said flew completely over your head and you just ignored it. As I said I don't enjoy flight paths AT ALL, they are not immersive and I don't even pay attention to my wow monitor when I am on them. When I am on my flight mounts, that I feel have value to me due to the efforts I put into getting them, I am focused on my wow screen and I am interacting with my environment more than I would on a flight path. So it does make a difference to me.

But perhaps I need to put it in terms you would use, "I fucking hate shitty flight paths and I fucking find fucking flying there and shit far more fucking immersive and fucking enjoyable than shit flight fucking paths."
    Well why don't you just choose not to use the flight paths at all :3

I mean if using ground mounts over flight is such an easy choice I'd expect it to be easy to forget FPs even existed.
    Oddly enough, it isn't.

Travel is the time sink to get to the content we enjoy.
    No, travel is there to make you appreciate the SCALE of the game world.
    But herpderp sandbox-players aren't able to comprehend it.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-12-12 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    Hardly. Flying was fast and fun. Sitting on taxi mounts or plodding around in grounds mounts is boring and takes longer. FF XI was legendary for their boats and how long they took. I believe EQ was renowned for how tedious it was to get around and how people either had alts or begged/payed for fast travel. So sorry, travel IS tedious. Travel ISN'T content. Travel is the time sink to get to the content we enjoy.
    And flying from A to B, skipping packs isn't content either. It's just avoidance.

It doesn't.

I don't give a shit.

But how is that an "answer" to my question? It's not. Don't say you're answering my question and then ask me another completely unrelated fucking question dude. That's not how answers work.

I'll ask you again: If there's nothing to do at 100, how will flying change that?

Can you answer it?
    There is stuff to do, except its not worth doing at the current costs. Give flight and the cost to reward ratio improves making the open world content more acceptable to more people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Bull. Shit.

Would everyone who looks forward to jumping on thier flight path on rails please raise thier hands? You know the people who tell thier friends, "I can't wait to get home so I can take that flight path to my archeology dig sight, Oh man flight paths are so amazing!" No, flight paths are those things people do because its the only option they have to get somewhere while completely ignoring the danger, terrain, immersion and any interaction in the game. If Immersion, using terrain, danger and interaction was truly the reason for putting in ground mounts then they need to cut out the flight paths and actually make people use thier ground mounts to get places because flight paths are directly against what you are arguing for and are absolutely boring, tedious and incapable of keeping a player immersed and entertained.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khis View Post
    And flying from A to B, skipping packs isn't content either. It's just avoidance.
    Thing is, flying mounts give choice. You can stop at C and D on your way to B. It will be faster and less filled with tedious bullshit trash mobs and annoying topography made just to slow you down. Once you pay for your flight path, you have no choice.

So there are players saying "gee, I'd love to do a CM, or an apexis daily, or camp rares, or grind rep for Steamwheedle... but getting there is such a chore, so I just won't bother."

Yeah, MMO's aren't for this sort of player, and hopefully never will be.