10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't remember any comments other than stuff like 'Not now, we'll see and keep sending us feedback'. You want to provide some links since you seem to think there's something much stronger out there than that.
    Not stronger, just more recent. I'll look for the interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Flight chat starts at 3:25

Quote Originally Posted by paraphrase
    If Tanan becomes the end game zone and the other zones are no longer the current zones, then flight in 6.2 is a possibility in every zone except the new one with 6.2

10+ Year Old Account
    OK. I sort of remembered something about it but couldn't find it. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    Anyone who spent time on TI was there to farm Bloody coins for a mount, not because it was exciting and compelling.
    No, you are once again projecting.

After one 3-hour tour of the island, opening all the chests, walking the ropes, taking down rares, getting epics and burdens, and hitting up a round with the Celestials, I was done, as were 3/4 of MY friend's list. Yeah, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, regardless of who says it.
    Yeah, you're projecting. I have seen countless and countless of people on my PvE realm. The amount of people who were playing with blood coins were often like 2: me and a buddy. People hated me for farming them wrt blood coins. After 600 coins I gave up because the amount of flak I received was getting too much. I did the rest with an alt near a GY on a dead realm. My main's realm, one of the biggest PvE realms EU, was most certainly not farming blood coins and yes, that is anecdotal, but probably a more substantial anecdote than whatever dead realm you're on. You're simply, once again, projecting. You don't like TI, we get that man, you don't like any content out in the world you just wanna fly around like a carebear. A lot of people did enjoy TI tho, and I can tell you I honestly loved the place for a good month. I was doing two things in the game: raiding and TI.

As for Archaeology, you might get two or three times the artifacts, but that still does not change having to ride your ground mount to a nearby FP, figure out the location of the nearest digsite, flight to the closest FP, and then ride out on the ground again to dig more. I'd much rather fly to digsites on Draenor, but you feel free to keep patting Blizz on the back and thanking them for slowing us all down.
    It is nothing compared to the mindless hours of flying required in revamped Azeroth during Cataclysm... while doing it cause it drops 359 ilvl epics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So no i cant use them, being able to use 50% of something means i cant use that thing to full potential.
    And lets not forget idiots on huge flying mounts blocking vendors, mailbox, flight masters....im all up for removal of flying mounts from game ( old sorld, this expansion and ones to follow ) but only if they remove ground mounts from game, any anti flying people up for it?
    Mount are meant for traveling. If you can use the mount for the target content, that means you're using the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    and yes, that is anecdotal,
    Everything you say is anecdotal. As for the topic at hand, lack of flight sucks ass. I'll never wrap my head around people who support this piss poor change.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2015-03-05 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I have a dream. A dream that i may fly in 6.2.

But as blizzard thinks that no flying was a huge success, they will use their gametime joker until WoD becomes old content i guess.
    Blizzard thinks it was a huge success because they delete any threads saying otherwise...and since 6.8 million players don't even care if you add content to the game, clearly flying removed was the right way to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Blizzard thinks it was a huge success because they delete any threads saying otherwise...and since 6.8 million players don't even care if you add content to the game, clearly flying removed was the right way to go!
    Sometimes the only way to keep the truth from happening is to erase it. Then again, it is their forum, so they have the right to censor opinions counter to their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    You know Blizzard is kinda going 1984 or North Korea on this topic. But then again seeing how WoD is basically the middle finger to the entire community what else do you expect? If they stick with their plan to make the next raid tier then they basically took our money and ran. Flying just stands as a reminder for everything that's wrong with WoD in general. They went full timesink on the expansion in an attempt to get away with doing as little as possible while making a maximum of profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You know Blizzard is kinda going 1984 or North Korea on this topic. But then again seeing how WoD is basically the middle finger to the entire community what else do you expect? If they stick with their plan to make the next raid tier then they basically took our money and ran. Flying just stands as a reminder for everything that's wrong with WoD in general. They went full timesink on the expansion in an attempt to get away with doing as little as possible while making a maximum of profit.
    Only reason to disable flight is to slow players down. That's it.

You know Blizzard is kinda going 1984 or North Korea on this topic.
    Stop spamming this nonsense. It's like the fifth time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Stop spamming this nonsense. It's like the fifth time..
    To be fair Blizz could have done what MMO Champ did create a mega thread, instead people open new threads, and Blizz swoops in and deletes them. Then you have no threads w/flight discussion going, so someone creates a new one rinse and repeat.

They are censoring it for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    To be fair Blizz could have done what MMO Champ did create a mega thread, instead people open new threads, and Blizz swoops in and deletes them.
    Because this one has been so constructive.. they definitely should want this kind of nonsense on their boards too.

It makes me sad to say this is pretty spot on. If this no flight thing makes it past 6.2 I wouldn't expect to see flight in any further expansions either saving them a ton of man hours and resources in development. Personally I think that is what all this "Experiment" was about. Would removing flight cost them more subs then the savings gained from being able to develop all future content w/out flight. Unfortunately unless the next quarter shows a mass exodus of subs it does not appear so.

Does that mean I think flights removal was a popular decision, no quite the opposite I think it was a unpopular one .. However unpopular it may be however it seems it wasn't enough to make people quit .. or at least we will find that out next quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Because this one has been so constructive.. they definitely should want this kind of nonsense on their boards too.
    To be fair yes it has. There have been some very good discussions in this thread, isn't my fault you didn't take part in any.

Hell the ones on the Blizzard forums had a great deal of conversation, taking place w/a significantly less amount of flame baiting and trolling. They still got closed.

I understand that you think this whole thing a pointless issue, but please understand to many others it isn't. Flights removal has caused a dramatic decline in the enjoyment of the game. You have been given those reasons and rudely disregarded them, doing little more then rolling your eyes at them saying "what ever", or calling people out right liars when they tell you what they are experiencing in game.

Put yourself in our shoes for a moment.

Imagine if they disabled WPVP from all servers (and there was a forum much like this one), personally I think that would be a great thing cause in my opinion PVP does nothing more then create a toxic community, of certain individuals trying to interrupt other peoples fun. Now that being said I would never come into that thread, flame baiting, or supporting that decision. Hell I would actively post and speak against it. Why? Simple I realize that it is a part of the game certain people enjoy and it isn't my place to degrade how they choose to have fun, and it is BS that Blizz would remove a aspect of the game that people find fun or derive enjoyment from.

Now my simple question for you is why can't the anti fly boys supply us with the same courtesy?

Deleted
    Haven't seen one good argument to bring back flying, unless weeping like a little girl counts. Flying never fitted into wow, got riddance.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-03-06 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Haven't seen one good argument to bring back flying, unless weeping like a little girl counts. Flying never fitted into wow, got riddance.
    How did you get riddance?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    To be fair yes it has. There have been some very good discussions in this thread, isn't my fault you didn't take part in any.
    Is taking an opposing position than you on flying automatically make discussions not "very good"? I have no want to take part in "discussions" involving pro flyers high five-ing each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's better than having the topic censored out of existence.

There's been a lot of crap in the thread but there's been some good discussion too. Everything that needs to be said has been said but that's not a reason to either completely forbid discussion about it or start over with something new.

So let's stop being meta about it and stick to what the thread is about. As for Blizzard, their house, their rules, their boards, their call. Every time I'm over there I can usually find a thread about the topic but they get closed because they're totally full of trolling. I get that.

EDIT: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16491199285
    Been up for three days. Still open as I write this.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-03-06 at 08:21 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Imagine if they disabled WPVP from all servers*
    Well.. After seeing such quality analogies I wonder why aren't they allowing a mega discussion on their server where everyone can say shit like this and call it constructive.

Flying poll I posted on the offical blizz forums, please vote.

http://strawpoll.me/3801176/r
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing this thread is still active.

Flying was the worst thing implemented.

What on earth are you talking about? it isn't a censored topic. 1800+ pages of posts arguing pros and cons of something just shows that people are allowed to voice their opinion.

On that subject, WoD isnt a middle finger to the community. Its great. Blizz did a good job on it, and i will continue to pay my subscription to play the game, as will a few hundred thousand other happy blizz fanboys. Most of my online friends all feel the same. Our guild roster has never had so many returning gamers coming to fill its ranks again.

"Blizz went full timesink". its a freaking game, you are supposed to take time out to enjoy it and play it. I for one don't mind dedication a bit of time to something i enjoy. If you dont enjoy it, don't do it!