Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    No flying in 6.2 confirmed. Tanaan Jungle will be a quest zone with treasures and rare mobs, the garrison will be getting a new building to be leveled up.

Content - If you like the reward enough you'll go through it even if it means walking, that is what I've noticed from doing the currently available world content. I think the people claiming they would be interested in content if they could fly to it are being disingenuous, and this becomes obvious the more they post. Everything devolves into coded blizzard bashing, this thread isn't much more than an "I'm quitting wow" megathread.
    This is not confirmed, since you need a level 3 garrison and a boat yard to get to the new zone you can turn flying on and just not allow players to fly into *that* zone.

It is not confirmed until it is confirmed.

Besides, we all know that even if it is not allowed this expansion the pro-flying group will keep complaining about it in hopes that they can fly in the next expansion and the anti-flyers will keep trying to shout them down in fear that flying will be instituted. If you hate this thread so much you might as well walk away from it because so long as someone hates not flying or loves not flying there will be discussion to be had here and there is no way to 'win' it.

- - - Updated - - -

I do hope they put a flight point near the new raid, I do hate wasting my time ignoring all the "savage" trash by pushing 'w' in a straight line on my ground mount. I need my facebook and netflix time after all.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2015-04-14 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    Well then this gamer agrees with it. I agree with this philosophy and this is the way I would like it to go and continue. I can't see anything wrong with that. If your argument is that you disagree with their direction for you as a target audience. Well then yes, I would agree with that.
    Then we are in agreement. by removing flying gamers will have less content to do because of added tedium. That at one time they would have done if tediousness wasn't added. It's all in the gamers perspective.

You cannot skip anything as and when you wish, you can choose to skip sections but have to make an informed decision as to which part you would like to.

Other than terrain, what can I not skip when I want? but I'll give you mostly Incorrect, I skip damn near everything I do not care to interact with at max level except the ground and then I have means to do that at times (flight paths, feathers you know the drill) but really, since when was a hill or sloping terrain content worth being excited about. Never have I ever cared to tell another player, "Hey, pay a monthly sub so we can run around a hill together." After all, the mobs mean nothing and we're skipping that crap anyway. Flying or not.

We skip it if we do not want to do it. No flying hasn't changed that. One way or another, it's being skipped. IF blizzards goal was to make us continue at max level, to keep killing worthless mobs. They pretty much failed.

Nor have I ever killed anything using the bubble.
    Then why bring up invincibility, since flying doesn't produce invincibility?

Only in the current iterations of the game.
    What iteration of the game are you playing if not the current one?

Hopefully to eventually produce a better game. Which I only saw glimpses of during WoD but ultimately did not deliver on the scale I would have liked.
    Unfortunately, after being part of blizzards last 3 iterations, I'm not putting much on hope.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-04-14 at 08:27 PM.

No flying doesn't bother me, but boring afk / alt tab flight paths do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Then we are in agreement. by removing flying gamers will have less content to do because of added tedium. That at one time they would have done if tediousness wasn't added. It's all in the gamers perspective.
    Not less content. Some gamers will do less content, not have less content to do. There is a huge difference. The onus is on the individual to decide what to do.

Other than terrain, what can I not skip when I want? but I'll give you mostly Incorrect, I skip damn near everything I do not care to interact with at max level except the ground and then I have means to do that at times (flight paths, feathers you know the drill) but really, since when was a hill or sloping terrain content worth being excited about. Never have I ever cared to tell another player, "Hey, pay a monthly sub so we can run around a hill together." After all, themobs mean nothing and were skipping that crap anyway. Flying or not.

We skip it if we do not want to do it. No flying hasn't changed that. One way or another, it's being skipped. IF blizzard goal was to make up continue at max level to keep killing worthless mobs. They pretty much failed.
    You cannot skip with the frequency at which you did with flying. You have to choose whether or not to wait or to engage using your ground mount. The decision is yours. The difference is as to how and to the extent.

Then why bring up invincibility, since flying doesn't produce invincibility?
    Illustrates why the presence of an ability in a limited capacity and a permanent one has different results.

What iteration of the game are you playing if not the current one?
    Referring to long-term.

Unfortunately, after being part of blizzards last 3 iterations, I'm not putting much on hope.
    Fair enough, can't argue with that, not my place to.

Not less content. Some gamers will do less content, not have less content to do. There is a huge difference. The onus is on the individual to decide what to do.
    Less content if it's not even considered. No matter how you phrase it. Add in a hurdle that causes it to not be done and it will be "less content" for them to do. There is less content to do because it simply not worth doing and especially so in some cases where flying was involved. Doesn't matter what the theme park has, if you have aged out of kidding land, it's no longer content for you even if it's in the sale of the theme park ticket.

You cannot skip with the frequency at which you did with flying. You have to choose whether or not to wait or to engage using your ground mount. The decision is yours. The difference is as to how and to the extent.
    Incorrect. Every time I approach something I do not want to deal with I skip it at max level. Plan and simple, every time when I want. I might not do it flying but it's skipped none the less when it comes to mobs. The ground is different of course but as I said, thats never been a talking point in wow anyway and at max level, I still cannot see the quest design blizzard created that made no flying is interesting for some. Maybe they just like being slower.

Illustrates why the presence of an ability in a limited capacity and a permanent one has different results.
    It never created invulnerability so it really doesn't matter the capacity. We all cleared the same things for the same quests flying or not. Flying made little to no difference.

Referring to long-term.
    Current iteration is all that matters because anything else is just wishful thinking and buying into something blizzard has yet to do and we all know about blizzard promises and announcements don't we. Grain of salt and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Less content if it's not even considered. No matter how you phrase it. Add in a hurdle that causes it to not be done and it will be "less content" for them to do. There is less content to do because it simply not worth doing and especially so in some cases where flying was involved. Doesn't matter what the theme park has, if you have aged out of kidding land, it's no longer content for you even if it's in the sale of the theme park ticket.
    Less content they choose to engage with by a choice of their own, not less that is available. They do less, these minor hurdles make some things to them not worth their time. This is a choice they make to engage with it but does not mean it is not there. The content is still there, available for them to do it and is included in their ticket, their ticket will allow them to experience that ride.

Incorrect. Every time I approach something I do not want to deal with I skip it at max level. Plan and simple, every time when I want. I might not do it flying but it's skipped none the less when it comes to mobs. The ground is different of course but as I said, thats never been a talking point in wow anyway and at max level, I still cannot see the design blizzard created that made no flying is interesting for some. Maybe they just like being slower.
    So it has no effect then? Then you shouldn't be complaining because it would be exactly the same as it was before.

It never created invulnerability so it really doesn't matter the capacity. We all cleared the same things for the same quests flying or not. Flying made little to no difference.
    Its analogous. To your argument of "If X is in the game which does Y, and B was removed which also does Y, then Y must not be a problem"

Current iteration is all that matters because anything else is just wishful thinking and buying into something blizzard has yet to do and we all know about blizzard promises and announcements don't we. Grain of salt and all that.
    All know? Or all make judgements based on experience and opinion?

So nothing in the patch notes about flying in 6.2 guess Blizzard is just going to shaft us the whole x-pac

Less content they choose to engage with by a choice of their own, not less that is available. They do less, these minor hurdles make some things to them not worth their time. This is a choice they make to engage with it but does not mean it is not there. The content is still there, available for them to do it and is included in their ticket, their ticket will allow them to experience that ride.

I have not read all of the exchanges behind this part of your debate (so I may be leaving something out) but I feel that I should point out that "having nothing to do" and "feeling" like you have nothing to do, while totally different, still usually lead to the same result.

As a real-world example, we have pretty much all (at some time in our lives) stared into a refrigerator and kitchen cabinets with 20 pounds worth of food in them and convinced ourselves that there is nothing to eat. It might not have been anything that we WANTED to eat, but there was stuff in there to eat. In the end, we usually just "settled" for something we didn't like very much or abandoned the kitchen entirely and got something else, somewhere else.

It is pretty much the job of a game designer to make you want to do something (play the game), which in itself is all about marrying-up your perceptions with your feelings. And the LAST thing they should want is to have you (metaphorically) looking somewhere else for food when they have been stocking your kitchen.

So if taking something like flight makes someone "feel" like there is less to do (true or not) then it becomes the designers mission to alter the perceptions behind it and make you feel differently. And from most accounts, Bliz seems to have failed in that design capacity with this expansion... and not just when considering flight, but with other aspects of the game too, and so far it does not seem to be working out well for them.

Which all leads back to this I guess... it doesn't really matter if there is less to do, or if people just think there is less to do, the end result will generally be the same (and probably a poor result).
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2015-04-14 at 10:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I have not read all of the exchanges behind this part of your debate (so I may be leaving something out) but I feel that I should point out that "having nothing to do" and "feeling" like you have nothing to do, while totally different, still usually lead to the same result.

As a real-world example, we have pretty much all (at some time in our lives) stared into a refrigerator and kitchen cabinets with 20 pounds worth of food in them and convinced ourselves that there is nothing to eat. It might not have been anything that we WANTED to eat, but there was stuff in there to eat. In the end, we usually just "settled" for something we didn't like very much or abandoned the kitchen entirely and got something else, somewhere else.

It is pretty much the job of a game designer to make you want to do something (play the game), which in itself is all about marrying-up your perceptions with your feelings. And the LAST thing they should want is to have you (metaphorically) looking somewhere else for food when they have been stocking your kitchen.

So if taking something like flight makes someone "feel" like there is less to do (true or not) then it becomes the designers mission to alter the perceptions behind it and make you feel differently. And from most accounts, Bliz seems to have failed in that design capacity with this expansion... and not just when considering flight, but with other aspects of the game too, and so far it does not seem to be working out well for them.

Which all leads back to this I guess... it doesn't really matter if there is less to do, or if people just think there is less to do, the end result will generally be the same (and probably a poor result).
    Very well said. That covers a lot of 6.0 and 6.1s failings right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This is not confirmed, since you need a level 3 garrison and a boat yard to get to the new zone you can turn flying on and just not allow players to fly into *that* zone.

It is not confirmed until it is confirmed.
    That's potentially true I guess. I've been saying for months that the least likely environment for flying to start up again is jungle. I still think that holds.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying over jungle is fun. Diving in thru the leafs.... aaaaaww.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Flying over jungle is fun. Diving in thru the leafs.... aaaaaww.
    Yeah, Duskwood is so interesting from treetop level. Not a jungle exactly but zones that are really heavy with trees aren't really a good candidate for it. There may be something said about the other zones but Tanaan is highly likely to be a ground-only thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yeah, Duskwood is so interesting from treetop level. Not a jungle exactly but zones that are really heavy with trees aren't really a good candidate for it. There may be something said about the other zones but Tanaan is highly likely to be a ground-only thing.
    Every zone is a ground only thing. as everything happens on the ground. Flying is just a mode of travel. Between happenings.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

and yet the end result is still less content. No matter how you reach that conclusion, it's still less content for them to do.

So it has no effect then? Then you shouldn't be complaining because it would be exactly the same as it was before.
    Little to no effect on what I skip. Large affect on someones entertainment. Not exactly the same thing.

Its analogous. To your argument of "If X is in the game which does Y, and B was removed which also does Y, then Y must not be a problem"
    Don't bring up invulnerability when flying doesn't produce such results.

All know? Or all make judgements based on experience and opinion?
    Make a judgement based on current game. One would hope its from expereince resulting in opinion.

WoD and wow in general is lacking. You said, I said it. Others have said it. Hard to base an opinion on something blizzard might or might not do isn't it? Hoping it gets better is a foolish stance especially if you keep sending them money.

But I'll take a more cautions stance on what blizzard is capable of given the last 3 expansions we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by krishums View Post
    So nothing in the patch notes about flying in 6.2 guess Blizzard is just going to shaft us the whole x-pac
    I'm trying to count all the money I'm saving, and blizzard is losing, by omitting flying in their game (from me personally). All in all, probably a good thing for my overall health and life to not be playing wow.
    Last edited by Pyromelter; 2015-04-15 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would seem the PTR patch notes have no mention of flight. Not to say it might not be added still, but no mention of it for now. I feel sorry for the folks who just keep hanging on and paying that sub while waiting for flight. Personally, I am enjoying WoD with flight, no thanks to Blizzard. So, fuck them

Oh, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    It would seem the PTR patch notes have no mention of flight. Not to say it might not be added still, but no mention of it for now. I feel sorry for the folks who just keep hanging on and paying that sub while waiting for flight. Personally, I am enjoying WoD with flight, no thanks to Blizzard. So, fuck them

Oh, and...
    I did not know they had private servers that allowed flying. That is for sure something worth paying for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I do not see where they have any incentive to bring flying back. It is a shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I did not know they had private servers that allowed flying. That is for sure something worth paying for.
    Hmmm... I have never been much of a rule-breaker (bought a little gold for my 1st mount back in vanilla, that's about it). But that would almost tempt me.

Why do people want to be able to fly? Whats so great about it? I suppose it makes everything faster,

So would removing all mobs, or just mailing all items to each players mailbox, but no one asks for those things...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoshadow View Post
    Why do people want to be able to fly? Whats so great about it? I suppose it makes everything faster,

So would removing all mobs, or just mailing all items to each players mailbox, but no one asks for those things...
    There are over 2000 pages with plenty of people saying why they want to fly. READ THEM.