Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    This is what I find particularly amusing about the arguments from the no-flight side. It's almost as if when pro-flight people whined on the forums, they just wanted to be the ones to argue against it, for the sake of arguing. Sounds a lot like trolling.
    Its more common for ppl to complain about something being taken away then it is for ppl to want to add something in the game.

Besides i doubt no flying will last very long.

This is what I find particularly amusing about the arguments from the no-flight side. It's almost as if when pro-flight people whined on the forums, they just wanted to be the ones to argue against it, for the sake of arguing. Sounds a lot like trolling.
    Except there were people complaining about it, as far back as Cata, maybe even further.

Just google "Flight ruined wow" and you'll get a bunch of threads/posts about it. Not hard to do a little research.

People bought and paid four expansions and subbed (maybe not continuously) such a duration but all of sudden momma Bliz says flight destroys immersion and some compelled to agree with that now? The cognitive dissonance is astounding. If the younger generation wants to project a sense of hope for the future put your critical thinking cap on for a second and I may feel compelled to shed a tear if a shred of intellectually capacity is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    but to make the world feel more compelling and dangerous.
    That doesn't require no flight. That can be accomplished with flight. So yeah...they're reasoning is not obvious, and the best we can come up with is maybe it will slow people down and maybe you'll see more people. Both of which are highly dependent on the content available being worthwhile throughout the duration of the expansion. And if the content is compelling and worthwhile people will do it. Flying won't prevent that. But it does mean they might have design the content more carefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    People bought and paid four expansions and subbed (maybe not continuously) such a duration but all of sudden momma Bliz says flight destroys immersion and some compelled to agree with that now? The cognitive dissonance is astounding. If the younger generation wants to project a sense of hope for the future put your critical thinking cap on for a second and I may feel compelled to shed a tear if a shred of intellectually capacity is displayed.
    I will LOL at any idiot that claims flight kills immersion. That idea is utter nonsense. Being able to fly within the world makes perfect sense...it was established in the RTS. Not that I think there really is immersion in an mmo but removing flight will be immersion breaking. Specially since you can fly in most of the game world...which includes a version of draenor. And I betcha there will be flying units, even mounted flying units that npcs use in WoD. It's just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetick View Post
    Except there were people complaining about it, as far back as Cata, maybe even further.

Just google "Flight ruined wow" and you'll get a bunch of threads/posts about it. Not hard to do a little research.
    Seems like a minority and the only point brought up was regarding world pvp. Head on to the pvp forums and look at the thread 'What really killed world pvp?'. Flying mounts were a small piece of the puzzle.

You really should do your own search. It's whinging PvPers pining for the glory days of SS/TM and looking for the easiest thing to blame. That's literally 95% of the threads. The rest of the threads are ignorant twats who are arguing that just because they derp it up and fly past all of the cool stuff like they have blinders on that's what everyone else is doing.

The massive archive of posts on the Blizzard forum there's maybe a dozen TOTAL threads pre-WoD announcement. And the split above explains those microscopically few threads away as PvPtards that don't understand how games work or just want to gank.

Awesome signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account

Did you see any complaints other than it wrecked WPvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Did you see any complaints other than it wrecked WPvP?
    When really it was Battle grounds that did that as we all should know. So even then the people whining about flight were aiming it at the wrong culprit!

Seems like a minority and the only point brought up was regarding world pvp. Head on to the pvp forums and look at the thread 'What really killed world pvp?'. Flying mounts were a small piece of the puzzle.
    The point was that discussions regarding the removal of flight have taken place before no flight was announced in WoD. I would be fine either way with flight or no flight, but to say that no-one complained about flight before now is just ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by socoallnight View Post
    Pulling it out of my ass? I was just being honest. He asked for what new experiences would come from no flying, and I gave him one.

There's no need to be hostile over this.
    No, I actually asked for what new features we were getting. Experiences are subjective, which is something people have been pointing out throughout this entire thread. You think no-flying is good and will be fun. I think no-flying is bad and will not be fun. But because debating experiences and opinions is pointless, I was trying to get something more concrete.

Yig claimed that a game without flying was "calling it even", like nothing was lost. I demonstrated that no, that's objectively false, something has been lost.

So what I'm still waiting on is what features are we getting in place of flying? Happy feelings and rainbows don't cut it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The point was that discussions regarding the removal of flight have taken place before no flight was announced in WoD. I would be fine either way with flight or no flight, but to say that no-one complained about flight before now is just ignorant.
    People have complained about every feature in wow =P

People always are more vocal about what they don't like, than what they like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No, I actually asked for what new features we were getting. Experiences are subjective, which is something people have been pointing out throughout this entire thread. You think no-flying is good and will be fun. I think no-flying is bad and will not be fun. But because debating experiences and opinions is pointless, I was trying to get something more concrete.

Yig claimed that a game without flying was "calling it even", like nothing was lost. I demonstrated that no, that's objectively false, something has been lost.

So what I'm still waiting on is what features are we getting in place of flying? Happy feelings and rainbows don't cut it.
    I've tried asking this same damn question again and again. It gets ignored or at best I get back "just wait and see"...

But then I go and do research to see what is happening in alpha, and all indicators are that it's crap and exactly what I was expecting. I then post links and quotes....you know that little thing we like to call 'facts'...

...and then I get ignored again, lol

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    We fucking DID try those things out, because there was a time when those things were not implemented. Saying that restricting flying for a whole expansion is something that we should just "try out" is nothing more than a piss-poor PR excuse for Blizzard to make a lazy solution to imaginary problems.
    They have NOT said they are going to not have flying for a whole expansion. They said they wont have it for 6.0 and that they would gather data and make a decision later on if it would come back in 6.1. So maybe you shouldn't spout shit that is patently untrue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    We use flying to enjoy aspects of the game that are solo activities. If you choose not to do solo activities, that's fine, go right ahead, just don't tell us that "solo activity that is pointless".
    Some solo activities, sure. Everyone does some solo stuff, gathering profs, etc. But if that is all you do, then yes, your activity is pointless. "I am going to play a MMO and then not do anything with any other players..." What is the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Some solo activities, sure. Everyone does some solo stuff, gathering profs, etc. But if that is all you do, then yes, your activity is pointless. "I am going to play a MMO and then not do anything with any other players..." What is the point?
    Don't be ridiculous, doing solo actives like pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, fishing is not pointless. I use the herbs for guild raid flasks and potions. I use the fishing and other farming to make noodle carts for raids. This is not pointless.

If I enjoy archaeology, it's not pointless. WoW is for fun, if I enjoy something Blizzard added to the game, it's not pointless to me.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-13 at 04:53 PM.

Fewer people complained about flight than complained gear models were ruining the game. Vastly fewer.

And 9 of 10 complainers were idiot pvp kiddies just blaming the wrong thing for the "demise" of world pvp.

It amounts to nobody.

Awesome signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Lunduus View Post
    Fewer people complained about flight than complained gear models were ruining the game. Vastly fewer.

And 9 of 10 complainers were idiot pvp kiddies just blaming the wrong thing for the "demise" of world pvp.

It amounts to nobody.
    There you go. The point is the complaints were minor, absolutely nothing like the complaints from pro-flyers when flying was announced to be removed. I intend to play WoD regardless of the outcome, but the anti-flight crowd have largely appeared to be antagonistic for the sake of causing trouble and stirring up an argument. To think otherwise is 'just ignorant'.

There you go. The point is the complaints were minor, absolutely nothing like the complaints from pro-flyers when flying was announced to be removed. I intend to play WoD regardless of the outcome, but the anti-flight crowd have largely appeared to be antagonistic for the sake of causing trouble and stirring up an argument. To think otherwise is 'just ignorant'.
    Sounds like fanbois to me.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Scholomance: Directly reused content from previous game. WITH REDUCED SIZE!
    Scarlet Monastery: Directly reused content from previous game.
    Temple of the Jade Serpent: Open world asset. Reused art.
    Stormstout Brewery: Open world asset. You get a quest earlier to go inside. Reused art.
    Shado-pan Monastery: Open world asset. Reused art.
    Siege of Niuzao Temple: Open world asset. Reused art.
    Gate of the Setting Sun: Open world asset. Reused art.
    How can you say that these assets are all reused? Reused from where? They were designed to be part of the world. It makes sense to be able to see the dungeon in the real world, don't you think? Even if the art is reused, it's very inefficient to make assets that only get used once. It's much more valuable to use them multiple times where it makes sense. You don't understand how much work goes into creating these zones.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    yep, new-ish. actually, for many people (majority?) having an entire continent worth of current content with no-flying will be totally new, something they never experienced before. and judging by this topic, no-flying will be such a humongous change that some people will have to drastically modify their playstyles.
    I had two whole continents of no flying at max level (vanilla WoW) and it really wasn't great at all, for me. Having flying from BC onwards was an amazing change. Not going back to that, no way. I just won't play if flying never returns.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    How can you say that these assets are all reused? Reused from where? They were designed to be part of the world. It makes sense to be able to see the dungeon in the real world, don't you think? Even if the art is reused, it's very inefficient to make assets that only get used once. It's much more valuable to use them multiple times where it makes sense. You don't understand how much work goes into creating these zones.
    You bothered to quote my post but you didn't read it or the people I was responding to. My point was that the art assets are reused... That's it. You need to go back and reread and read others have posted.

If you look at those instances you will see everything in them have been used in other areas in mists. I am not saying that it's bad. I am not saying Blizzard is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    You don't understand how much work goes into creating these zones.
    Why on earth would you assume this? I am an artist and have created zones and character models. I know the vast amount of work that goes into the process of creating content. I can walk you through it step by step if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.