Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    To the people crying about no flying: it won't make ANY difference in terms of speed to get from A to B. The only difference will be aggroing mobs you try to run past, which is nice. Pandaria was tailored for flying mounts, draenor will be tailored for ground mounts, I think it will be pretty cool.
    How do you figure that moving on the ground at 100% traversing terrain and mobs is as fast as flying above at 150/280/310% in a straight/ish line.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    And not a single fuck was given.

I would love there to be no flying for many reasons.

1. I love exploring games. in Skyrim I never used the mounts just walked.

2. I would love to see the butt hurt from people this bothers.

**not really many reasons***
    What is it with people and their "exploring"? I can never get my head around this one.... I love exploring as much as anyone (and have levelled 16 90s without flying - or even minding I couldn't fly so that's not my issue). Exploring is something you do ONCE. It's no longer an exploration to go to the same place you have ridden to 1000 times before, there is a word for that. It is not exploring.... the word is commuting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    no. its not the same plan.
    Are you expecting Blizzard to have made up their mind about a 6.1 element, without any room for variation or doubt, this far in advance? Before they even know how the no-flying rule will affect the playerbase? This is exactly the kind of variation that we should be anticipating for every kind of feature or change announced this far in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You can already see its effect on the game and experience it.
    The three patched Isles were clearly testing grounds for it--along with other things like questless/factionless content and things like environmental and jumping puzzles/challenges.

This is still the same plan.

No flying until 6.1 where you'll probably get it from a quest.
    No flying until 6.1, where you'll probably get it from a quest, but if the playerbase seems to like the no flying it could be extended.
    It was a test for sure, but I'm hoping it isn't a true representation of what we see. If there is that many mob packed together across the zones people will have a freaking cow when they find out there is no flying. Dealing with it for a patch ( or really part of a patch) is one thing, dealing with that for an entire expansion is something different entirely.

One good thing from it though, mat prices should skyrocket again due to people not wanting to fly around and gather without a flying mount.

Just think about that moment when you finally can fly. Oh how glorious it will be when you thought it was not possible, but shhhh don't tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Are you expecting Blizzard to have made up their mind about a 6.1 element, without any room for variation or doubt, this far in advance? Before they even know how the no-flying rule will affect the playerbase? This is exactly the kind of variation that we should be anticipating for every kind of feature or change announced this far in advance.
    i expect them to tell their player base when plans change. not hide it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

no. its not the same plan.
    Its possible the plan changed due to how much positive feedback they received after announcing the initial delay of flying.

They just told you. For all we know, this was the result of a decision in a meeting last week. The dev have no obligation to contact the fanbase via devphone immediately after they make a decision.

Actually I think they already have, its just going to be a matter of how bad the crying/sub loss is that will determine whether it makes it back or not. Right now I think the plan has changed, every statement is about how much they want to remove it entirely. The only things that will change that is if no one leaves the major cities and people unsub. They have already said the player base seems to be 50/50 split, I'm thinking they believe once the change goes in that at least half of those for flying actually wont care or will change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Just think about that moment when you finally can fly. Oh how glorious it will be when you thought it was not possible, but shhhh don't tell anyone.
    If it's the same feeling as when you finally get that rare item that was supposed to have 10% droprate, but only drops after 100 kills.. then it's not really something to look forward to.

You mean tell them through some sort of online media outlet.. like say a public tweet, or interviews?
    Oh wait! That's how we found out about it.

How are they hiding it? They announced it in a tweet.

I think it's a bit of a stretch if you're suggesting that they deliberately concealed this information until after the preorders went up, especially if your solution is to somehow keep us all up to date as soon as any plan regarding any feature of the expansion changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    If it's the same feeling as when you finally get that rare item that was supposed to have 10% droprate, but only drops after 100 kills.. then it's not really something to look forward to.
    No it's not rng, and sometimes, or a lot in the wow community. The players don't know what they want, but like I said shhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Its possible the plan changed due to how much positive feedback they received after announcing the initial delay of flying.

They just told you. For all we know, this was the result of a decision in a meeting last week. The dev have no obligation to contact the fanbase via devphone immediately after they make a decision.
    there was 5 negatives for the 1 positive. they ignored the majority for the minority.

they did not MMO champion did. the tweet was sunday it wasnt posted until today. tweet was before preorders but people didnt find out until AFTER the preorders.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a bit of a stretch if you're suggesting that they deliberately concealed this information until after the preorders went up, especially if your solution is to somehow keep us all up to date as soon as any plan regarding any feature of the expansion changes.
    only a few people pay attention to tweets. the masses check MMO champ or the offical wow site.

Eh the pre-order numbers are probably fairly low at this point, especially when people found out the launch date will be fall at best. The only people that will rush to pre-order is those that want the "free" auto 90.

Deleted
    I would love an expansion without flying !

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You mean tell them through some sort of online media outlet.. like say a public tweet, or interviews?
    Oh wait! That's how we found out about it.
    only a few people pay attention to tweets. the masses check MMO champ or the offical wow site.

Deleted
    make my flying mounts available on the ground and im good.

You mean the same MMO champ that posts tweets?

This is just getting worse for you.

there was 5 negatives for the 1 positive. they ignored the majority for the minority.

they did not MMO champion did. the tweet was sunday it wasnt posted until today. tweet was before preorders but people didnt find out until AFTER the preorders.
    Rule #1: Players, generally speaking, are terrible at making game design decisions. If you think they ignored the majority, then id say congratulations to them for having the balls to do so - and instead do whats best for the game. Blizzard need to learn when to not only listen to the community, but when to ignore them.

(I dont think its accurate to say the majority want flying anyway, but ill let you dig yourself into a deeper hole here and let that slide).

You know that MMO-Champion reposts information just like that, right? And that tweets are currently one of the best contributors for that information?

You're also aware that the tweet is on the MMO-Champion front page right now, yeah?