Because only certain types of people care to respond to a survey.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Because only certain types of people care to respond to a survey.
    Hence the $5 bnet credit incentive. If you don't think that would be sufficient, they could up the reward for taking part, a months free sub, or a free pet off the store, for example. Once it got out that Blizz was rewarding players for doing a 2 min survey, I'm sure they would get a very healthy pool of answers.

Edit : Plus, Blizz does public surveys now, examples being if players would sign up for another annual pass, and more recently, how the green drake should be implemented in game.

If the goal is to reinstate flying or not based on player feedback, why not do your darndest to get the most amount of feedback before you make the change?

If the goal is to wait and see based on player feedback, then they don't have the courage to back their design and make a definite decision, and more importantly, show us 3 months from launch, how the game will be better with no flight.

They are setting themselves up so the only way they can gauge if the player base doesn't like no flight is the reaction of sub numbers, which seems to me to be a very haphazard way to run a business.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-08-17 at 02:02 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    But we dont want real housing in wow. Its world of warcraft, not world of decorate your pretty house craft
    Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    If the goal is to reinstate flying or not based on player feedback, why not do your darndest to get the most amount of feedback before you make the change?

If the goal is to wait and see based on player feedback, then they don't have the courage to back their design and make a definite decision, and more importantly, show us 3 months from launch, how the game will be better with no flight.

They are setting themselves up so the only way they can gauge if the player base doesn't like no flight is the reaction of sub numbers, which seems to me to be a very haphazard way to run a business.
    They just want to see if they lose more subs then the money and time they would save from not having to develop content in 3D anymore for future expacs.

They know the majority of players don't go to forums or pay much attention to news beyond Blizzcon. Hence why they didn't mention it at Blizzcon, and why the collectors edition and new flying mounts have no disclaimer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    They just want to see if they lose more subs then the money and time they would save from not having to develop content in 3D anymore for future expacs.

They know the majority of players don't go to forums or pay much attention to news beyond Blizzcon. Hence why they didn't mention it at Blizzcon, and why the collectors edition and new flying mounts have no disclaimer.
    This.

Removal of flying allows for them to not have to develop around it later on, saving time, money, and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    That is all this individual does. Even know they know that housing is one of the most requested features Blizzard even said it, couldn't find where though.

But hell Blizzard is removing the most requested feature ever from their game to save a few bucks so they don't give a damn what the players think. You just have a bunch of people who are committed and so vested in this game nothing will get them to quit and/or they will champion everything Blizzard spouts. Even if it has nothing to do with making a better game, and sadly Blizz is banking on this.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-08-17 at 03:04 PM.

Or mention it at the trailer launch, would of been a sweet time to announce how max level open world pve content would be better sans flight going into WoD. They had a huge audience to let the idea be floated to get feedback, and not a whisper.

I also retweeted in my twitter convo with Bash the other day, sadly no answer...

"@Bashiok @BlizzardCS Time for a disclaimer on the CE flying mount yet?Or an update to the buy WoD page?'Swoop down on my enemies' not really"

Also tweeted this to Lore tonight:

"@CM_Lore Was running to the other side of a quest hub really that much of a hindrance to not design fps with foresight in a flightless WoD?"
    (in response to this)

Or mention it at the trailer launch, would of been a sweet time to announce how max level open world pve content would be better sans flight going into WoD. They had a huge audience to let the idea be floated to get feedback, and not a whisper.

I also retweeted in my twitter convo with Bash the other day, sadly no answer...

"@Bashiok @BlizzardCS Time for a disclaimer on the CE flying mount yet?Or an update to the buy WoD page?'Swoop down on my enemies' not really"

Also tweeted this to Lore tonight:

"@CM_Lore Was running to the other side of a quest hub really that much of a hindrance to not design fps with foresight in a flightless WoD?"
    (in response to this)
    Hell even if flight paths were insanely direct and fast i would still find myself alt tabbing during them. Zero way for me to interact with the world while on a flight path so why stay in game?

For some reason Blizzard doesn't seem to get this.

This decision makes me question Actiblizzard's mental sanity. It's like they have no fucking idea who their player base is.

You just lost 3 MILLION PLAYERS because of pandaren because you didn't take us seriously when we told you we don't want this shit. Now you're pushing something just as stupid for the next expansion?

What's next, removal of the LF dungeon tool because you feel standing around in trade for an hour spamming for a group is more organic and immersing?

Hell even if flight paths were insanely direct and fast i would still find myself alt tabbing during them. Zero way for me to interact with the world while on a flight path so why stay in game?

Why did they waste time designing flight paths they knew they would have to change later, instead of just putting in a bunch of Captain Placeholders around the place til they knew for sure where the fps would go?

Why not use this opportunity to make an escape/eject button on flight path mounts?

I'm a bread baker/pastry chef by trade, and I learnt very early on from my master that you never "double handle" something. Meaning you do it all at once, and right, the first time. Doing a shoddy job you have to fix later, doing half a job now to finish the rest later for no reason when you can finish it now, or delaying a job that can be done now for the sake of something else will cost you more time wasted in the long term.

By making half assed, same old same old flight paths for WoD knowing they weren't going to allow flight right away, and knowing the decision to bring flight back would hinder on the effectiveness as flight paths as a replacement, they made a whole pile of work for themselves now that shouldn't be needed. Time that could be better served fixing the never ending stream of posts flowing into the WoD Bug Report forum.

As if you don't already alt tab on your flying mount. Dude you have the weakest and most transparent arguments out of everyone I see on this topic. Reminds me of a kid trying to explain to his mom why he should get ice cream.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-17 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    As if you don't already alt tab on your flying mount.
    Not as many do as on flight points.

I'm not going to die on a flight path, but I definitely can if I don't pay attention on my mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    As if you don't already alt tab on your flying mount. Dude you have the weakest and most transparent arguments out of everyone I see on this topic. Reminds me of a kid trying to explain to his mom why he should get ice cream.
    If you alt tab for more than 15 seconds with auto run toggled whether on the ground or in the air you get DC/ED. Try again.

On top of that when you control your own mount you might see a place you want to go check out or take a screenshot at because you control your path. On a flight path you can't stop, so there's no point of looking at stuff you've already seen before since they always go the same way.

Maneo doesn't have transparent arguments, you're just mad you don't have a comeback, so you're being all pissy and shit.
    Last edited by KungFuFanta; 2014-08-17 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    If you alt tab for more than 15 seconds with auto run toggled whether on the ground or in the air you get DC/ED. Try again.

On top of that when you control your own mount you might see a place you want to go check out or take a screenshot at because you control your path. On a flight path you can't stop, so there's no point of looking at stuff you've already seen before since they always go the same way.

Maneo doesn't have transparent arguments, you're just mad you don't have a comeback, so you're being all pissy and shit.
    ehm about the DC/ED when alt-tabbed with autorun ... ehm No? wtf are you blabbering?
    Last edited by mmoc1172de686f; 2014-08-17 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evridej View Post
    ehm about the DC/ED when alt-tabbed with autorun ... ehm No wtf are you blabbering?

about the 3D COntent... you know its actually easier to develop scenery which is only reachable with flying cuz u can place it anywhere without worrying about a paths to connect it somehow to be able to reach on foot just saying....
    I agree I haven't been dc'd while alt tabbing and auto running/flying, I have come back to derping into a tree, nearly dead from fatigue or way off course anyway. I chuckle at my folly and happily fly to my destination.

But the next comment, 3D content, was Vash'ir easier to maker than Uldum? Are you suggesting that making a path, bridge or port to access a place is to hard to do, so the better option is remove flight and all those places that are so easy to make?

If scenery that is only reachable by flight is so easily made, why is it to much of a time investment to remake Silvermoon City to allow flight?

What is wrong with making content that is only accessible with flight at max level, something that highlights flight and also, *gasp*, expands on it for an expansion.

Nah, better to cut it. That whole problem of people skipping stuff is obviously the fault of people wanting to skip stuff they don't like and play the game their way, and not Blizz's fault for making stuff that players may want or feel the need to skip in the first place.

Deleted
    I agree I haven't been dc'd while alt tabbing and auto running/flying, I have come back to derping into a tree, nearly dead from fatigue or way off course anyway. I chuckle at my folly and happily fly to my destination.

But the next comment, 3D content, was Vash'ir easier to maker than Uldum? Are you suggesting that making a path, bridge or port to access a place is to hard to do, so the better option is remove flight and all those places that are so easy to make?

If scenery that is only reachable by flight is so easily made, why is it to much of a time investment to remake Silvermoon City to allow flight?

What is wrong with making content that is only accessible with flight at max level, something that highlights flight and also, *gasp*, expands on it for an expansion.

Nah, better to cut it. That whole problem of people skipping stuff is obviously the fault of people wanting to skip stuff they don't like and play the game their way, and not Blizz's fault for making stuff that players may want or feel the need to skip in the first place.
    Why do we need contet which highlights flying anyway? Its personal preference. I use flying mouns only for Transport so making content which highlights flying is a waste of resources that does nothing for me so saying it must be in a exspansion cuz otherwise there is no expand in exspansion is only your personal thing

but i think i dont really know what they meant by 3D content? Do they mean content which is high up?
    Last edited by mmoc1172de686f; 2014-08-17 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evridej View Post
    I dont really know what your trying to say with silvermoon. I dont think flying is deactivated in silvermoon cuz its not flight friendly ^^`?
    Why do we need contet which highlights flying anyway? Its personal preference. I use flying mouns only for Transport so making content which highlights flying is a waste of resources that does nothing for me so saying it must be in a exspansion cuz otherwise there is no expand in exspansion is only your personal thing

but i think i dont really know what they meant by 3D content? Do they mean content which is high up?
    3d content is basically fully fleshed out buildings/etc.

Silvermoon in it's current iteration is full of holes and 2d facades ( See example : http://i.imgur.com/y6Qb3.jpg

Deleted
    That whole problem of people skipping stuff is obviously the fault of people wanting to skip stuff they don't like and play the game their way, and not Blizz's fault for making stuff that players may want or feel the need to skip in the first place.
    No, its a problem of Blizzard making it possible to skip stuff. Its human nature to do things in most efficient way. When advantages of using easy way are huge (much faster, safer), its a no brainer to use easy way. Now Blizzard have realized that choice doesn't really work in real world and are fixing it by making it impossible to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti flight people remind me of a kids that want other kids toys taken away in a vain attempt that w/out the toys someone will play with them.

They don't understand we don't like the game they are playing (WPVP) or we just don't like them.
    That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Dimestore psych is hilarious. It doesn't matter if you don't like WPVP. You shouldn't be on a pvp realm then. And if you don't like someone that you don't even know, then you've got bigger social problems than you know.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Anti flight people remind me of a kids that want other kids toys taken away
    You have pretty much just nailed that.
    You shouldn't be on a pvp realm then.
    Luckily, your opinion is not important.