Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyMutt View Post
    Beta or live doesn't matter. We all have spent enough time without flying to know how its inclusion or exclusion will impact our play. And to try and convince us that the game will be better, more of a challenge, prettier, more immersive or any other catchphrase you can think of is insulting to the intelligence of the player base. More so if this expansion is as dull as the last two.
    Have we? We haven't played max level WoW without flying since Vanilla/BC how could we possibly know? Saying it's not more immersive to most without flying is borderline lying IMO. Being in the world rather than above it is always more immersive.

For me personally the game is better without flying just because of the feel it gives. Knowing you can't take off at any second gives playing a completely different feel. It just feels more realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    This maybe true....but when most of the beta players just AFK all the time, it really does say how bad WOD is.....flying or not
    Sure but they also don't have much to do yet. People do that now so there's no reason to blame no flight.

So, am I understanding you correctly? Instead of everyone just afking in SW it's now Ashran? If that is correct, no flying didn't stop anyone from afking anywhere.
    Yup. I commented recently that Blizzard seems to be trying to change human nature... "path of least resistance". Good luck with THAT. People will do what they are doing now, more so because of no flight, people will just sit and queue. Removing flight wont make more people "go out into the world"..if they wanted to they would.

Still have no beta key, so I have zero idea of what kind of "magnificent content that will make me not miss flying" exists. See, no beta means I dont get to test or see what they have done, and that means the only way to actually see it is to pony up $100 AUD or more when the expac comes out.

Nope. Not doing it.

Not paying to be grounded for months "because reasons". Removing flight wont solve a damned thing. It wont change human nature. It wont stop people blasting to 100 in a day via pvp, pet battles, arena, lfd...so all the reason that Blizzard says "people skip content on their flying mounts"?..they skip content in LFD as well.

Man once decided he wanted to see how many stars there were in the sky. The more he counted the more he found...so he gave up and went fishing.

So I'll be sitting in Pandaria until 6.1.

Niot buying the expac is my feedback, its called non participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Have we? We haven't played max level WoW without flying since Vanilla/BC how could we possibly know? Saying it's not more immersive to most without flying is borderline lying IMO. Being in the world rather than above it is always more immersive.

For me personally the game is better without flying just because of the feel it gives. Knowing you can't take off at any second gives playing a completely different feel. It just feels more realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure but they also don't have much to do yet. People do that now so there's no reason to blame no flight.
    Immerison is diferent for everyone.... what makes you feel more immersive in the game maybe annoys the hell out of others and vice versa...

and its feels more realistic to you ,that you can fly in a video game, while at the same time you are mounted on a dragon.... logic.

and for your last sentence, if ppl also do that now, theres no point of blaming flight either....
    and btw , after all wasnt the point of all your posts in this thread that no fly would put more ppl in the world? seems its not working too good, but i know that you are going to say beta is beta
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2014-09-02 at 11:20 PM.

Saying it's not more immersive to most without flying is borderline lying IMO. Being in the world rather than above it is always more immersive.
    Immersion is broken the minute you are knee deep in a raid, fighting a mystical boss with arcane powers...and the phone rings.

Immersion is subjective.

No Flying? Least i have teleports

Honestly, not sure how they fix that, but taking it out after so long because they don't have an answer seems pretty lame, afaiac.
    Cant be done. Its human nature.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol, people quitting over flight. Pathetically hilarious.
    I would gather that if they don't get more pre-orders this quarter than the 1.5 m they got last with now having a release date and also releasing the collector edition and enough people both cancelled and unsub in the last quarter. I do not think anyone at Blizzard will somehow be laughing, because if the are they will probably not be there much longer or at least they should not be there any longer. Will know whats up soon enough the quarter end at the end of the month. I am just wondering if it goes below 6m this time around.

Being in beta, I have no problem now with not having flying for some length of time I am satisfied that the FP's are not going to hinder my alt play and the zones feel fluid enough that they pretty easy to traverse. Flying at some point will be nice, but I am willing to at least give it a shot without having for some length of time. I can tell you up until a month ago I almost pack it in because I play a lot of alts and I like to maximize the amount of play time on each of them. I simply saw the non-flying thing as a way to further gate my ability to play the game the way I chose to play it. I see now that I do not have to have those worries and also understand why Blizzard wanted on flying from the start at max level. It would great impact what they have spent time in creating. Mobs are spread out enough that even dazing is not a concern, if you simply watch where you are going.

lol, people quitting over flight. Pathetically hilarious.
    Keep laughing. You'll stop on the day you turn around and half your realm has left.

Listen to this guy. Ignoring people you disagree with ensures you're always correct.
    You're practically living in this thread and haven't contributed anything worthwhile for a long time. What else do you expect? There's only so much patience a person can have.

You're practically living in this thread and haven't contributed anything worthwhile for a long time. What else do you expect? There's only so much patience a person can have.
    Not that I want to take sides, but I'd say this is the case for most of the posters here who want flight back in. They can't accept people with different opinions to their so they keep posting rubbish until anti-flight posters give up and leave the thread.

Either that, or they somehow think Blizzard are actually reading every post in this almost 900 page thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaagii View Post
    Not that I want to take sides, but I'd say this is the case for most of the posters here who want flight back in. They can't accept people with different opinions to their so they keep posting rubbish until anti-flight posters give up and leave the thread.
    There's diehards on both sides for sure, but this guinea pig of a jedi takes the cake.

Either that, or they somehow think Blizzard are actually reading every post in this almost 900 page thread.
    That this thread has reached 900 pages says a lot for the importance of whats being discussed. It is, and will continue to be, a sore point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaagii View Post

You must be the most hilarious hypocrite I've seen on this forum so far and that says a lot. You even beat the off topic crowd!

And the no-fly is not a secret. Everyone and his grandmother knows about it by now.
    Last time this was raised in Trade chat, people laughed and accused the person of trolling. A lot of people DONT know.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    There's diehards on both sides for sure, but this guinea pig of a jedi takes the cake.
    Eh, it's mostly users like urasim and cheesesandwich that seem to enjoy trolling every argument with a pathetic straw man. But I already realized that anyone who has more than 20 posts in this thread just comes onto these boards to blow off steam rather than hold a constructive argument.

You must be the most hilarious hypocrite I've seen on this forum so far and that says a lot. You even beat the off topic crowd!
    Trolling at its finest. THIS is why no one takes this thread seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Last time this was raised in Trade chat, people laughed and accused the person of trolling. A lot of people DONT know.
    Whaa? The MMO-champ crowd isn't the entire WoW playerbase? /mindblown

Actually I tried in te beginning of this thread. Then about 200 pages ago I realized I was talking to a wall. So this thread is just entertainment until sensible people show up.

I'm glad to actually discuss it with people who don't feel the need to talk around things that are obviously true.

Atleast you can finaly admit you've been just trolling for hundreds of pages.

Atleast you can finaly admit you've been just trolling for hundreds of pages.
    That's why I put the sith hamster on ignore very long time ago.

OT: The pre expac event must be coming in a month since we're two months away from launch date, I heard you're not allowed to fly on the zone during the event so I'm hoping that's where a lot of players will just learn what expects them for the next 4-6 months in the best of the scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Actually I tried in te beginning of this thread. Then about 200 pages ago I realized I was talking to a wall. So this thread is just entertainment until sensible people show up.

I'm glad to actually discuss it with people who don't feel the need to talk around things that are obviously true.
    Is it possible to troll trolls? All I do is call out people's bullshit. If that's trolling then sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    That's why I put the sith hamster on ignore very long time ago.

OT: The pre expac event must be coming in a month since we're two months away from launch date, I heard you're not allowed to fly on the zone during the event so I'm hoping that's where a lot of players will just learn what expects them for the next 4-6 months in the best of the scenario.
    Ok let's go over what you've added. Oh right, nothing.
    Put me on ignore if you can't handle honesty.