10+ Year Old Account
    posting error....

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Once you hit cap however it's extremely noticeable, not to mention you really feel like things are designed to slow you down.
    Like what things exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Like what things exactly?
    No flying, gated recipe discovery (recipes sold for items which have a daily cooldown to craft), real time delays in garrisons (epitome: 12 week quest line - you only do a small portion every week), etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    First you say:

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Flying is something more for me. That's fine if it's your current opinion, but it is just that, an opinion, not a fact.

I play WoW for fun. Flying is fun for me and it lets me get to what I find fun in the game without slogging through low level mobs with no risk, no challenge and little reward. This activity is not fun for me. I want fun in a game.
    Then later you quote yourself saying:

Posted by Nayaga:
    The only reason for me to unsubscribe is when I'm no longer having fun in the game.
    So are you adapting, or unsubbing, cause I am honestly confused by you changing your position to meet the needs of your discussion.

Glad to see the nonsense hasn't stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No flying, gated recipe discovery (recipes sold for items which have a daily cooldown to craft), real time delays in garrisons (epitome: 12 week quest line - you only do a small portion every week), etc.
    This is no different than their normal formula. Every expansion has had recipes, gear, etc behind reputation and daily gates. The legendary quest is a giant gate just like your describing.

My point, which you've easily proven, is the anti flyers are looking for things to complain about because they have an axe to grind with no flying. Like you're predetermined to not enjoy anything about the expansion because of one seriously minor change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Glad to see the nonsense hasn't stopped.
    Glad to see the random comments are still coming. Maybe you would like to add something to the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

Once you hit cap however it's extremely noticeable, not to mention you really feel like things are designed to slow you down.

Also, flight points are still god awful.
    Because they are specifically designed to slow you down. Each and every expansion develops much less content that the previous expansion. Blizzard has really leaned heavy on gating gameplay.

Look at the insane gates MOP brought in! Remember when you were not penalized for playing long periods of time? Remember when your valor was not cut in half after your first run? Remember when valor could be changed for conquest? Remember when you did not need valor and reputation to buy items.

Blizzard develops less and focuses on slowing your consumption. No flying has nothing to do with gameplay and everything to do with slowing consumption.

There was a reason flying was added to BC, it was due to player frustration having to spend so much in game time traveling. What a shame they are devolving the game to milk a couple extra months of subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    First you say:

Then later you quote yourself saying:

So are you adapting, or unsubbing, cause I am honestly confused by you changing your position to meet the needs of your discussion.
    Either you are trolling, just don't get it or I'm posting in a confusing way. I have not changed my position.

Like I said, I don't unsub because of a single factor, I would unsub because WoW is no longer fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    There are many aspects of the game I don't enjoy. I don't unsubscribe because I hate PvP, I avoid it. I don't unsubscribe only because of no flying, I will change my gaming methods to avoid aspects of the game flying allowed me to avoid. But I will still avoid boring, tedious and no fun for me content. The only reason for me to unsubscribe is when I'm no longer having fun in the game.

This is no different than their normal formula. Every expansion has had recipes, gear, etc behind reputation and daily gates. The legendary quest is a giant gate just like your describing.

My point, which you've easily proven, is the anti flyers are looking for things to complain about because they have an axe to grind with no flying. Like you're predetermined to not enjoy anything about the expansion because of one seriously minor change.
    I am not sure where you are getting your last paragraph from, but that's not terribly interesting.

Responding to your first paragraph: it's not their normal formula. In MoP we had spirits, for example. Pre-MOP, almost nothing was gated, save for reputations and instance / raid lockouts.

Deleted
    After playing the prequests of Draenor I can understand why they want to prevent flying. It just feels too easy and will probably get boring fast. In contrast, if I want to level my twink(s), it "can" get boring/ annoying as well because you might already have experienced everything. Sure, some of my favourite mounts are drakes which look kind of meh on the ground but this is only a minor gripe. I am sorry if I have not read all comments, but my latest information is that flying may be implemented in a later patch so in the end, we just have to wait and see how it will turn out in the game.

Still interesting that this thread has now 921 pages.

No, specific people on both sides just want to complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see the random comments are still coming. Maybe you would like to add something to the discussion?
    I have. I'm not going to get in the habit of re posting the same questions over and over again. I've done it enough in this thread as it is. I pop in to see if anything has changed. Which it has not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Because they are specifically designed to slow you down. Each and every expansion develops much less content that the previous expansion. Blizzard has really leaned heavy on gating gameplay.

Look at the insane gates MOP brought in! Remember when you were not penalized for playing long periods of time? Remember when your valor was not cut in half after your first run? Remember when valor could be changed for conquest? Remember when you did not need valor and reputation to buy items.

Blizzard develops less and focuses on slowing your consumption. No flying has nothing to do with gameplay and everything to do with slowing consumption.

There was a reason flying was added to BC, it was due to player frustration having to spend so much in game time traveling. What a shame they are devolving the game to milk a couple extra months.
    You really do just make this up as you go. How about you cite the Blizzard sources for the bolded items, and I will gladly apologize for saying you exaggerate everything you say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I have. I'm not going to get in the habit of re posting the same questions over and over again. I've done it enough in this thread as it is. I pop in to see if anything has changed. Which it has not.
    Well, it's absolutely possible to check without commenting. So you either wanted some attention, or felt like mocking the folks still in the thread.

Serious question for you Ordinator. Do you play other mmorpgs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    In MoP we had spirits, for example. Pre-MOP, almost nothing was gated, save for reputations and instance / raid lockouts.
    Exactly. I do not know why so few people get that.

My primary objection to the removal of flight is not based on the ease in which the player can interact with the world. Sure, I see it as a huge negative to my gameplay, providing less motivation for me to do several things that I enjoy in game. But that is not my biggest complaint with no flight.

It is the lack of inspiration in dealing with it. They could of given these loyal 6.8 million people more to do on their store bought flying mounts. Max level flying mount areas, inspirational stuff to get players interested, to get and retain subs. It would seem it is hard for a dev to get inspired, and in turn inspire players, when they think the sub numbers won't increase again.

It is with the results being 'ok' and 'not that hard to deal with, we have garrisons after all!' Why isn't the change fucking awesome? Why isn't the change noticeably better than the previous expansion? Where is the content that would be destroyed by flying? Why is farming via the garrison and followers better game play than doing it myself, as I fly around the world? Where is my choice to ignore garrison farming and do it myself?

It is with the potential to make something better for all rather than restrict it. The opportunity missed to use and include prior examples of positive open world max level flight content they have used before (specifically in BC, WoD's inspiration). Things people can invest in, via flight, over a period, that engages the flying player, for any number of rewards. Why can't they develoup for that anymore.

It is with the lack of preparation in relation to this change. Why do they need a thread dedicated to get player feed back re: flight path change? Aside from the obvious question of, why the hell did they design them stupidly in the first place, the more glaring question to me is, why do they still need player feedback in making FP's players like after 10 years of making FPs and player FP related feed back? IE: straighter, faster, ejectable, more interactive, combination of..etc. Shouldn't that kind of request be painfully obvious by now?

It is with the wishy washy way Blizz have dealt with the issue. From back in 6.1 with an awesome quest to "flying is 50/50,we think we can make a world better without it" to "quests are ruined with flight" to prebuying with a flying mount bonus to 'might be back in 6.1' to 'not ever' to "we feel like 6.1 is a good time" to T'fortunate'C's 'overwhelming majority'. Make up your fucking mind. Have a goal, execute it and show players/customers how it will be better.

My beef with the stupidity I perceive with slowing me down is secondary. My main complaint is with the lack of dedication, investment, inspiration and forethought put into this product Blizz wants me to pay more for.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-09-12 at 05:26 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

From what I can tell, the pro flying people from the start refuse to go into the beta with an open mind. Then seemingly come to the conclusion "im having a bad time, surely everyone else is too. I better tell everyone on the forums that nobody is having fun."
    Open mind? Good one coming from you. Especially considering that it's been explained for countless times, no-flying is not something that you need to open your mind to. It's something that very common in WOW that people have experienced over the course of the game in PVP areas, some questing ares (IoT, TI) and while leveling. So what the hell are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    no-flying is not something that you need to open your mind to
    Apparently it is. People have these preconceived notions that the entire expansion will suck ass when you get to level 100 and can't fly. I remember in TBC getting to 70 and not flying since I could not afford it. I spent almost 6 months trying to grind the 5K gold to purchase flight. That was before I knew how to work the AH and make gold rain down like water.

Maybe, if people stopped launching WoD with the mindset of how much it will suck, and kept an open mind, they might not hate it as much. But, if they are dead set on hating it, they might as well unsub and get a hobby until 6.1.

People who have experienced it have the notion that traveling in the expansion will suck ass and that is based on beta experience, if no-flying in general is not enough proof for you.

I am not enjoying running past the same place 50 times and I'm not enjoying taking a very unimpressive flight ride for the 100th time. However the hell you choose to process that, it is my personal experience and frankly it's none of your fucking business how I choose to play. So if you find no-flying so bloody magical, feel free to keep using your ground mount after the 6.1. patch. I think I'll reserve my right to complain about this before Blizzard decides it's a good time to listen to the whiners again and waste our time for another patch.

In fact I encourage anyone that dislikes no-flying and sees it for what it is (a stunt to buy more time) to speak up.

Apparently it is. People have these preconceived notions that the entire expansion will suck ass when you get to level 100 and can't fly. I remember in TBC getting to 70 and not flying since I could not afford it. I spent almost 6 months trying to grind the 5K gold to purchase flight. That was before I knew how to work the AH and make gold rain down like water.

Maybe, if people stopped launching WoD with the mindset of how much it will suck, and kept an open mind, they might not hate it as much. But, if they are dead set on hating it, they might as well unsub and get a hobby until 6.1.
    Please, read the post directly above the one you responded to, to get my response to this post you just posted.

It is up to Blizz to convince me that what I am buying is actually worth buying. If it is up to me to buy it and see if it is worth it, then I am less inclined to buy it in the first place.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-09-12 at 06:34 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account

Minor to you maybe, don't presume to speak for everyone silly.

My 'axe to grind' is specifically with the gating that occurs past the leveling experience.

With the removal of flying, everything from menial quests to material gathering has ground to a near halt. Flight paths are still alt+tab worthy, and the efficient quick means of travel Blizzard heralded as the end-all-be-all solution to that gripe has transformed into the +Mount Speed boost we already had with guild leveling.

On top of that, Garrisons, one of the only other selling points to the expansion is extremely gated.

Yet, people wonder why the common complaint coming from beta is that 'We find ourselves standing around already, in beta.'
    Last edited by Conscious; 2014-09-12 at 06:41 PM.