Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    Actually, I borrowed yours.
    I'm not the ones speculating about Blizzards evil plans lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I'm not the ones speculating about Blizzards evil plans lol
    No, you are the one speculating flight won't be back. And are also apparently threatened by genius.

No, you are the one speculating flight won't be back. And are also apparently threatened by genius.
    Don't know where I said flight won't be back. I think even if everyone loves it it will be back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know where I said flight won't be back. I think even if everyone loves it it will be back.
    Then what's your problem with me pitching my thought? Why ya gotta be a jerk?

Then what's your problem with me pitching my thought? Why ya gotta be a jerk?
    I'm not being a jerk I just think you(and some others) are just reading into things too much. It's like the government, they're most likely just unorganized rather than diabolical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not being a jerk I just think you(and some others) are just reading into things too much. It's like the government, they're most likely just unorganized rather than diabolical.
    Never said they were diabolical, and yeah, the "tin foil hat" comment was being a jerk.

I said, they were a business. They have a plan to maximize profits and sales, while bolstering launch numbers and widening their market. This is not the work of an evil, underground organization. Hell, the Disney Company does the exact same thing with merchandise.

No, I don't believe in man coming from monkeys.
    I'm gonna assume that means no, and never speak to you again.

Wow, that explains so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm gonna assume that means no, and never speak to you again.

Wow, that explains so much.
    I also don't believe in religion. I believe in what I can see, and what I can prove. Show me a monkey turning into a man, and I will gladly renounce all my beliefs.

INB4 Planet of the Apes gif

Educated guesses, when properly formulated, and not driven by emotion are usually more well received. Deductive reasoning shows me why flight will be back. It's all the proof anyone needs. Plus, let's face it. Blizz caters to casuals (like myself), so it just makes sense eventually they will make their casuals happy. Casuals who stay subbed even when the content is 14 months old and slightly stale (SoO).

and yet there is still a flaw in that plan.

People who choose to not get the expansion at all. Don't fall for the hype "what if's...".

Educated guesses or deductive reasoning lined with emotions yet still based on logical reasoning results to the same conclusion. That being a logical one.

However, do you support blizzard or not in their (and your educated guess) experiment?

Not this time around. It's much to used car saleman tactics for me. Hell, 14 months of no content to live is plenty enough reason for me to find a new hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    and yet there is still a flaw in that plan.

People who choose to not get the expansion at all. Don't fall for the hype "what if's...".

Educated guesses or deductive reasoning lined with emotions yet still based on logical reasoning results to the same conclusion. That being a logical one.

However, do you support blizzard or not in their (and your educated guess) experiment?

Not this time around. It's much to used car saleman tactics for me. Hell, 14 months of no content to live is plenty enough reason for me to find a new hobby.
    The number of people not buying the expansion will be FAR outweighed by those who do. Historical purchasing data has shown that. As for supporting Blizz, I like the game... not the company. So I support WoW, not Blizz.

The number of people not buying the expansion will be FAR outweighed by those who do. Historical purchasing data has shown that. As for supporting Blizz, I like the game... not the company. So I support WoW, not Blizz.
    Sadly, to support one is to support the other.

I have no doubt gamers will buy it but knowing 6 mill left and were not replaced as gamers seem to have been in the past is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    Really, you are resorting to subscription numbers? Everybody's personal pet peeve with the game is always the reason for sub decline.
    The pinnacle of flight, when flight was not only encouraged but required for end-game questing, was when wow had it's highest subscription base. While you make a good point, that there are other issues causing a sub loss, you can't argue that loss of flight isn't a huge change from that.

I also note that you didn't reply to my assertion that I like flying, and that many others do, so again, please, tell me more about how everyone is going to love not flying?

- - - Updated - - -

You sure about that? Initial sales dropped from cata to mop, and if sub numbers are indicative, wod will also have a drop in initial sales. I'd put money on it that wod doesn't beat mop in the first week of sales.

Never said they were diabolical, and yeah, the "tin foil hat" comment was being a jerk.

I said, they were a business. They have a plan to maximize profits and sales, while bolstering launch numbers and widening their market. This is not the work of an evil, underground organization. Hell, the Disney Company does the exact same thing with merchandise.
    Are you implying that Disney isn't evil?

Disney's release schedule could definitely be described as "diabolical" in its means of artificially inflating demand and allowing them to charge up to 50% more for their discs. And all they do is make you wait a few years to pay your thirty bucks or whatever the next time they feel like selling you something. Not like for example when Blizzard puts something up for one person at a time to get for an obscene price.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I also don't believe in religion. I believe in what I can see, and what I can prove. Show me a monkey turning into a man, and I will gladly renounce all my beliefs.

INB4 Planet of the Apes gif
    Didn't want to go there but there are lots of points of evidences to suggest evolution (as in you can see patterns prove theories etc) you can simply go to any museam to see some or go look into it your self if you feel curious. But as always you're free to think what you want. You're welcome to believe in what ever.

I quite like to believe blizzard isnt evil they just make some silly mistakes thinking its best for business /HHH quote XD

As for flight it will be back IMO. I will enjoy my time on the ground not because I can't fly but I enjoyed questing in MOP and and if the cinematics and the voice acting is like MoPs im in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Sadly, to support one is to support the other.

I have no doubt gamers will buy it but knowing 6 mill left and were not replaced as gamers seem to have been in the past is telling.
    People are just unsubbed and saving money instead of paying for 14 months of SoO. There is still flight in the game now, yet people are unsubbing. MoP was not exactly an awesome expansion. But personally, I think the TBC kids, like myself, will be back for WoD to see what's new. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    You sure about that? Initial sales dropped from cata to mop, and if sub numbers are indicative, wod will also have a drop in initial sales. I'd put money on it that wod doesn't beat mop in the first week of sales.
    I'm betting on Nostalgia... not historical figures. But, even if I were to bet on historical figures, I would know that Wrath opened with more than 10M players, Cata had 12M at its launch, and MoP opened with an even 10M players. TBC Nostalgia AND historical data would indicate this SoO slump is just the lull before the storm. WoD will launch with 10M+. I'd bet a month's pay on it. I may not design games for a living, but I do know people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    Are you implying that Disney isn't evil?
    The Disney Company as a whole, no. Walt Disney himself, no. Certain members working there... probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Didn't want to go there but there are lots of points of evidences to suggest evolution (as in you can see patterns prove theories etc) you can simply go to any museam to see some or go look into it your self if you feel curious. But as always you're free to think what you want. You're welcome to believe in what ever.

I quite like to believe blizzard isnt evil they just make some silly mistakes thinking its best for business /HHH quote XD

As for flight it will be back IMO. I will enjoy my time on the ground not because I can't fly but I enjoyed questing in MOP and and if the cinematics and the voice acting is like MoPs im in.
    Though evolution seems to be an easy answer, and religion not an answer, but rather a faith to hold evolution at bay, there is plenty of evidence supporting some levels of evolution. But since is neither the time, nor the place, I digress.

Flight will be back. Blizz is not evil, but some of its employees are. WoD is going to be just fine until flight returns in 6.1, and it will launch with 10M+ subscribers.

People are just unsubbed and saving money instead of paying for 14 months of SoO. There is still flight in the game now, yet people are unsubbing. MoP was not exactly an awesome expansion. But personally, I think the TBC kids, like myself, will be back for WoD to see what's new. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm betting on Nostalgia... not historical figures. But, even if I were to bet on historical figures, I would know that Wrath opened with more than 10M players, Cata had 12M at its launch, and MoP opened with an even 10M players. TBC Nostalgia AND historical data would indicate this SoO slump is just the lull before the storm. WoD will launch with 10M+. I'd bet a month's pay on it. I may not design games for a living, but I do know people.

- - - Updated - - -

The Disney Company as a whole, no. Walt Disney himself, no. Certain members working there... probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Though evolution seems to be an easy answer, and religion not an answer, but rather a faith to hold evolution at bay, there is plenty of evidence supporting some levels of evolution. But since is neither the time, nor the place, I digress.

Flight will be back. Blizz is not evil, but some of its employees are. WoD is going to be just fine until flight returns in 6.1, and it will launch with 10M+ subscribers.
    indeed I won't go into Evolution here. I believe flight will be back. They will use no flight for the initial zones then when new zones are released unlock flight in existing zones and disable flight in new zones.

I think that is how it will work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    indeed I won't go into Evolution here. I believe flight will be back. They will use no flight for the initial zones then when new zones are released unlock flight in existing zones and disable flight in new zones.

I think that is how it will work.
    Agreed. It will likely be an unlock for Draenor, but keep new places restricted until the following patch, or never at all like IoT or TI.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will likely be an unlock for Draenor, but keep new places restricted until the following patch, or never at all like IoT or TI.
    I remember an old tweet, where they said that we'd get flying with Patch 6.1, and meanwhile we'd get an new zone/area without flight.

I appreciate when people make statements like this because it lets me know you have zero grip on the reality of the situation, and further statements can be ignored without fear of missing anything salient.

Flight will be back because Blizz is going to continue to bleed subs until they give back what their subscribers have earned, and I'd gladly take that month's pay from you because that would literally be the easiest 2 dollars I've ever made.