Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    And go wonder if they'd actually limit the skybox to... lets say 40 yards height where you could still fly ahead but in meantime you could still be attacked by players or enemies on the ground with instant attacks. I can already imagine the amount of pissed messages on the forum how they are getting dazed whenever they try to fly over enemy camp/village.
    And that's why I don't play on a PvP realm At least players can't really dismount you unless they have the Hardened Shell.

I just wanna say that I bought some flying mounts out of the store and I want to be able to use them.
    Why did I pay money for 'm otherwise?

And watch as all the people before Cata go like: hell yeah this is f*cking nice
    and all the people since Cata go like: omg Imma quit

This is the best thing they could do,

BY FAR

I don't see why all people that played before Cata would automatically love it. In BC you could fly once you reached lvl 70, in WotLK even before max level. Not to mention Blizzard back then actually made quests using flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jothium View Post
    And watch as all the people before Cata go like: hell yeah this is f*cking nice
    and all the people since Cata go like: omg Imma quit

This is the best thing they could do,

BY FAR
    Could you explain to me how its the best thing? Could you also explain what you mean by "before cata". I can't agree that this is the "best thing by far". When did they have their peak? Wrath. What was around during their peak? Flying. Heck, wrath introduced flying mounts through achievements. Flying has been a part of this game since BC. They won't be able to take it away now. The vast majority of players around today have only been around while they could fly.

Deleted
    If this happens, I will be so incredibly happy.

And no, I won't get into those "you don't have to use flying mounts if you don't want to" -arguments. They are just silly. I will not handicap myself on purpose in a video game. It's the same as pressing insta BiS-button, I would do it if offered and then be bored.

Flying wasn't a bit part of TBC for me at all, the decent flying mount was 5000 gold which was a lot for most players back then, I spent a good part of the xpac with the amazing 60% flight, getting around on the ground was actually faster in many ways.

I could see the arguments for it on PvP servers, because lets face it, thats what flying as affected the most. I could understand removing it completely from PvP servers, having played on one for the first 5-6 years of WoW, I understand some of the affect it had on world PvP ( although I think BG's and Arena's did far more to harm it than flying ever did).

With that in mind, for me removing flying mounts really wouldn't bring that much to a PvE server. I do far more exploring and getting out in the world for the hell of it than I ever did back in Vanilla. That said, I do understand the benefit of restricting it for the leveling experience, it does make the world slightly more dangerous and a bit more majestic from the start. However, once you are max level, its not dangerous at all and never has been. The majesty of it all is already lost because you've already seen it.

I would argue, at least on PvE servers, that flying hasn't harmed the game in anyway and won't in the future. Frankly if they went back to ground mounts only, and designed the world like the used to ( there was nothing there if you were from the air) I wouldn't see it being done to make the game better, it would be done to make the game easier and cheaper to produce.

Its just my personal opinion, but them wanting to remove flying is for two major reasons ( like 95% of it). It would probably make PvP servers better ( granted thats if your server is even remotely close to being balanced) and it would be cheaper and easier for them to create content. Anything else gained would be very very minor ( For example, what is or isn't immersive is different for each individual)

Deleted
    That seems a bit too much to me. I'm totally fine not flying untill the first major patch but all expac seems excessive considering some of us have spent so long grinding and searching for certain flying mounts. Plus if they took away flying mounts it would hinder the designers aswell as it's nice and easy to have flying only reachable areas and stuff like that. I hope they don't do it because it would annoy alot of us and possibly even cause quite a few to unsub as it'll just end in us /afk on flightpaths 95% of the time while travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Now I re ask, What is the appeal exactly? Longer times to get to the instances. More chances to be killed by a stray mob. What is the appeal of having half your mounts that you worked for unusable?

When going to a raid do you think I care about the land? No. I will be on a flight path afk not seeing anything instead of on a mount seeing the world from the sky. I do have fancy ground mounts, but there are far more flying mounts that are fancy and cooler. Not to mention many people spent Real Money to buy mounts that are flying only. They didn't buy them to never see them. They bought them to use them. You can still see the world from the ground at Any Time! There is nothing stopping anyone who truly wants to explore from exploring on foot! Are you really going to tell me that you want to explore the world but you wont take the time to go out on a ground mount? People see plenty of the world through the quests. Heck, questing makes so many phases that its the only way to truly see it all.
    You can use some of them as ground mounts despite them having wings (I.e Fey Dragon, Winged Guardian, Iron Skyreaver, Tyrael's Charger ect.) So the whole "paying and not being able to use mounts" is a little outdated, because I'm sure Blizzard had this exact scenario in mind when actually creating and putting them up for sale Sure I have flyingmounts I'd like to use, but it's easier starting to pick your favorite ground mount now and try it out before making a judgement A lot of "old school" players have been through this before and I still remember at least 10 people from my raids in TBC that couldn't afford flying so they went by ground mount to raids :P it was funny to say the least (when you heard a random scream on our voicechat because someone pulled an entire zoo after them or died).

And yes, I do think the best way to immerse yourself in the game is by having a little danger lurking so you can't just afk everywhere and think that you're safe.

Quote Originally Posted by vickvinegar View Post
    So exploration? Take away everyone's mounts so you can ride around and see the same stuff and then become redundant in a few months time? Once the game is out so many of you will wish it didn't take so long to get to "X" raid.
    :') I've already managed to get through such a phase once, it's not really as difficult as you guys are making it to be.

Would be nice if people that don't like flying could just, I don't know, not fly and let me have my flying, thanks much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not having flying the whole expansion leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    They should copy one of the upcoming MMOs.
    Remove flying, but make roads give a speed buff so traveling is faster.
    Which mmo? I love this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Could you explain to me how its the best thing? Could you also explain what you mean by "before cata". I can't agree that this is the "best thing by far". When did they have their peak? Wrath. What was around during their peak? Flying. Heck, wrath introduced flying mounts through achievements. Flying has been a part of this game since BC. They won't be able to take it away now. The vast majority of players around today have only been around while they could fly.
    In cata they came up with world flying. That's why I picked cata to split the wow-players in two groups. I started playing in TBC, and I liked Wrath the most too. Didn't like the world flying though... When you fly over a zone doesn't mean you explore it. No, therefore you need to do it by foot. They never allowed us to fly over new content as soon as it came out. In WOTLK you needed to be level 80 to buy the flying mount, for your alts you could do it earlier (so what, it are alts for a reason).

They may remove world flying for me. Only allow flying in the newer zones like TBC, WOTLK & MoP. Maybe allow players to fly over the new WoD-content as soon as the first patch comes out.

Yesh, Blizzard is doing great work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Oh? So being able to build things without having the concern of people just flying over anything you plan to be between the player and the goal, is nothing?

Garrisons are going to be instanced/phased so... I don't really care? Plus they'll plummet like a sack of rotten potatoes as soon as WoD is half way through.

Edit: This forum makes me regret signing up sometimes. Just because YOU want to explore the ground with your mount and take in the beautifully copy and pasted textures, doesn't mean everyone else has to be forced to. If YOU want to hold up your raid because you wanted to go on your damn tiger instead of afking on a FP like everyone else, what is the issue?

People are just going to rely on Flightpaths more, if they remove flightpaths people are just gonna afk outside instances. Dumb change.
    Last edited by mmocddc07f7463; 2014-03-10 at 12:40 PM.

Blizzard has contradicted themselves. By selling level 90 boosts they are saying 89 levels of immersion don't matter so the anti flying arguments they propose exposes the fact they are cutting corners and that they are behind in releasing the expansion.

mining will be absolute garbage without flying

10+ Year Old Account
    This wouldn't be game breaking for me but:

1.My time in game is finite so this would reduce the number of things I could do daily.
    2.I really like all my flying mounts I have amassed; I would hate to park those for this content.
    3.We need more mounts to chase after and flying mounts work well for this! *carrot*
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

There is nothing here about no flying for the whole expansion, just a bunch of flight haters hatin, and hatin ain't new in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    mining will be absolute garbage without flying
    Yup.

They could simplify the professions even further and it will still be a time sink. They may choose to reduce the amount of mats needed for the crafting professions but there is not guarantee they will increase the spawn rate and proliferation of the mining nodes.