10+ Year Old Account

Cool Can't Decide on my spec...

Hey guys, I'm a new forum poster (been a creeper for years lol, but just now got around to signing up and posting).

I've been playing my warrior for a good amount of time now and for some reason i find myself in what would seem like a seemingly easy decision to make, but idk why it's such a pain in the ass.

I am a huge fan of Arms...idk why, but i just love the play style of it. But yet i know Fury surpasses it single target wise. Here lately I've been running Fury (main spec) and Arms (off spec). But my wife has recently started playing again and started to gear her Ret/Holy Pally. So I'm extremely tempted to switch to ONE dps spec with Prot as my off spec. The only problem is, i have always striven to be the best at whatever class I'm playing. I may not be a hardcore raider, but i like to be competent in what i'm doing so that even if i am just doing LFR and flex, i know I'm doing the high end of what i should be.

The thing is, I can play both specs well...no doubt about it (don't have any logs though :/) I do my research about the specs I'm playing to make sure i'm doing everything correctly (or i hope :P) But i much prefer the play style of Arms.

Am I retarded for wanting to drop my fury spec to play Arms DPS and Prot off spec just because i like the play style instead of being top DPS? lol

(can't post a link to my armory because i'm a MMO-champ newbie, but my character is Denure on the server Mannoroth)

If you are only running lfr or flex who cares do what u want. I prefer arms too always have but fury is better and I like better results more than playing for fun. But unless you are in a progression guild go nuts do what u want

I'd suggest you take Arms as your DPS choice.

You enjoy it more and lfr & flex don't offer enough gear to make Fury stronger than Arms. You aren't retarded for playing what you prefer (and it just happens to be the better or at least equal specc as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah unless you're actually pushing heroics and really need those few % fury has over arms stick with fury, otherwise just enjoy what you play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathflowWRX View Post
    Am I retarded for wanting to drop my fury spec to play Arms DPS and Prot off spec just because i like the play style instead of being top DPS? lol
    Imagine you were forced to do that and would run out of steam in a month, would that be worthwhile if you've managed to kill another boss or two?

I'm in a somewhat similar boat: always enjoyed arms over fury by a mile so i just sticked to it. On the plus side i can play that specc with my eyes closed, but unless every both is the brawler-boss Hexos that's somewhat less of an issue. Fury deals a TON of extra damage (almost ~10% more dps or almost 30k dps with my gear), but your flex team should be capable of killing the boss no matter what - your contribution shouldn't change the outcome here at all. And: only three fights in this tier can be considered single target (Juggernaut, Malkorok, Thok) everywhere else arms is way closer if not ahead due to it's cleave capabilities.

I was struggling with fury until recently, Fury is definitely more gear dependent than Arms. I'd just run either Arms or Fury and take Prot os, it is always useful to have a tank spec just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the advice guys! i've decided to use Arms because i just enjoy the playstyle so much more! Now i just need to luck out on trinkets since LFR and Flex dont want me to have any at all :P

Also, does anyone have any good Arms Weakauras strings?