Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well it was to be expected that this novel wouldn't be really good, because of its theme alone, but people are way too harsh with this little excerpt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xynen View Post
    One written by Knaak, the other by Golden. Two terrible writers misrepresenting a character doesn't justify one of them doing it again.
    Almost all of Garrosh's entire characterization comes from golden and to a lesser extent knaak, so she can't really misinterpret it, she fleshed him out the most and his behaviour is well within his character.

The only thing that is actually out of character is his little scene in Stonetalon.

Deleted
    One written by Knaak, the other by Golden. Two terrible writers misrepresenting a character doesn't justify one of them doing it again.
    How can the writers that fleshed out Garrosh's characterization misrepresenting it? It's completely mindblowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    If you´d care to click on the link provided, you could see its description on the pre-order.
    And i dont really know why everyone associates anything related to WoD with upcoming beta.
    New unlisted video
    -OMG Beta inc!

New character model sneak peek
    -omg beta soon!?

New blue posts
    -It have to be beta soon!

Book excerpt
    -omg relase date, it has to mean beta!
    The real question is what is going on in your life that is so bad that you would let this bother you? People are excited to play beta; that's a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well it was to be expected that this novel wouldn't be really good, because of its theme alone, but people are way too harsh with this little excerpt.
    I wouldnt say peole are too harsh. I myself look into that novel with alot of hope. It gives wow chance to ascend from bad writing to hilariously bad writing. This single excerpt contain enough cheesy lines, exagerration, and bad characterisation to be more than promising. I really hope that at least something of garrosh trial will make its way into a game. And, given that Scott McNeil is confirmed for VA in WoD, he could lend his talent, to make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And, given that Scott McNeil is confirmed for VA in WoD, he could lend his talent, to make it even better.
    My spleeeeeeeen!

...how did the two people (Golden specifically) responsible for most of his characterization misrepresent him? That's ridiculous and is a great example of people here just bitching for bitching's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...how did the two people (Golden specifically) responsible for most of his characterization misrepresent him? That's ridiculous and is a great example of people here just bitching for bitching's sake.
    yeah i agree with that.

garrosh has never been nice. he has always been a racist jerk, get over it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    yeah i agree with that.

garrosh has never been nice. he has always been a racist jerk, get over it.
    Not really, I would encourage you to actually play the game instead of moaning on forums about things you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Not really, I would encourage you to actually play the game instead of moaning on forums about things you know nothing about.
    i have played the game. Garrosh was always a jerk and was pro war. in wrath he almost had you killed. Saurfang had to save our butts. Garrosh has always been a hot head. Ulduar trailer shows this.

Garrosh has NEVER been nice. i never wanted him as a warchief. he fractured the horde and destroyed the reasons why i picked the horde back in classic. If it wasnt for Voljin i would have completely left the horde in cata.

Deleted
    i have played the game. Garrosh was always a jerk and was pro war. in wrath he almost had you killed. Saurfang had to save our butts. Garrosh has always been a hot head. Ulduar trailer shows this.

Garrosh has NEVER been nice. i never wanted him as a warchief. he fractured the horde and destroyed the reasons why i picked the horde back in classic. If it wasnt for Voljin i would have completely left the horde in cata.
    Are we forgetting the honourable, almost wise Warchief in Cata and The Shattering?

God forbid a character being pro war in World of Warcraft.

Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bolded the quote because it doesn't even fit the speech typical of Thrall, let alone Garrosh. I don't think Garrosh is stupid, but it's still a far more sophisticated statement then his character has thus far made.

The Garrosh we were reintroduced to in Wrath respected strength above all, in Cata he got a taste of what he could do with his own strength and in MoP he put it to the test. In fact, the idea of running at all would be completely alien to the Garrosh we knew, if I'm going to accept at all that he's running away then the Orc we're presented with is a very desperate version of the one we know.

A man who is completely defeated and needs to run to AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT EXISTENCE is not a confident one. He's not a sneering captive suddenly versed in old english lexical devices.

So yeah, it's off character, and its foreign in that he's referencing things such as fairs and theater, wherein as far as we know Orcs as a whole have no use for either, and being someone who reveres Orcish culture it's completely out of the blue for him. I have no doubt that Garrosh is proud of what he accomplished, but everything we have seen of him has been blunt and to the point. Not some fancy side stepping of "I'm not guilty but I'm not innocent either, mwahahaha."

It's poor writing.
    Is not poor writing, he talks like that because he's mocking them, he knows that he will defeat them, maybe not now but later...

Someone who knows when to retreat is not a coward, he have never been in that position but still he still stands proud, he's confident, he's not afraid and that's how he have always been portrayed...

Well... the comment "I'm not guilty nor innocent", it was stated that he is not ashamed of what he did nor he felt that what he did was wrong... (Is true that the way he said it is a little weird but we have never seen Garrosh in a position he's powerless but that knows that he have the uperhands, so we don't know if these's out of character or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    God forbid a character being pro war in World of Warcraft.

Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums.
    we were at war with illidan. we were at war with arthas. we were at war with deathwing. THERE CAN BE WAR WITHOUT HAVING A HORDE VS ALLIANCE WAR. geez. in WoD we are at war with the Iron horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Are we forgetting the honourable, almost wise Warchief in Cata and The Shattering?
    IT WAS EVIL IN HIDING !!!

(note that blizzard never, ever gave up on garrosh and decided to turn him into villain. It was all carfully planned, and perfectly tailored story)

Oh, and we never been at war with either illidan nor deathwing. And against lich king our armies were mainly supplying enemy with more soldiers. So that argument of war against neutral whatever is kinda weak.

didnt read the shattering.
    garrosh wasnt honorable in cata. 1 quest(that was later reton) does not make him honorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    we were at war with illidan. we were at war with arthas. we were at war with deathwing. THERE CAN BE WAR WITHOUT HAVING A HORDE VS ALLIANCE WAR. geez. in WoD we are at war with the Iron horde.
    Actually in those case the alliance and Horde weren't at peace, the only time the horde and the alliance were close to that was in the Wrath Gate and we all know it didn't ended well and when the Alliance and horde had a meeting in Theramore (and thanks to Garrosh and Chogal it came down)

Also... IMO is more interesting when we have Horde vs Alliance battles (i like to have big enemies but sometimes we should have those battles)

Deleted
    didnt read the shattering.
    garrosh wasnt honorable in cata. 1 quest(that was later reton) does not make him honorable.
    Not just the one quest, but his characterisation in Silverpine as well. Anyone who calls Sylvanas out on her bullshit gets a star sticker from me. If you're interested in any of the Warcraft novels I'd recommend the Shattering, it's probably the least bad of the lot. If you're not, well Garrosh' characterisation there still stands. The retcon is just a sign of poor writing. It was intended to show how honourable Garrosh was at the time, so that means that at the time he was not pegged to be a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Actually in those case the alliance and Horde weren't at peace, the only time the horde and the alliance were close to that was in the Wrath Gate and we all know it didn't ended well and when the Alliance and horde had a meeting in Theramore (and thanks to Garrosh and Chogal it came down)

Also... IMO is more interesting when we have Horde vs Alliance battles (i like to have big enemies but sometimes we should have those battles)
    the alliance and horde were at a cold war thing during those wars against big bads.

Horde vs alliance war CANT work in WoWs lifetime. MoP has shown this. both sides hate being the loser and always want to be the winner.

- - - Updated - - -

Not just the one quest, but his characterisation in Silverpine as well. Anyone who calls Sylvanas out on her bullshit gets a star sticker from me. If you're interested in any of the Warcraft novels I'd recommend the Shattering, it's probably the least bad of the lot. If you're not, well Garrosh' characterisation there still stands. The retcon is just a sign of poor writing. It was intended to show how honourable Garrosh was at the time, so that means that at the time he was not pegged to be a villain.
    that doesnt prove a damn thing. he calls her a bitch and then does nothing about it when she stops listening to him(she never did to begin with). if he had honor he would have killed the bitch that poisoned his axe when he fought with cairne. If he had honor he would have cracked down on sylvanas for using the plague and doing stuff he didnt like.

he is has no honor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Maybe he is so subtle and such a schemer that he tricked you into thinking he is neither subtle nor a schemer ? Ever considered that ?
    Like Letho from Witcher 2. With the appearance of a "no-brain-just-muscle" kind of brute, no one suspected how cunning and manipulative he actually was. Garrosh managed to steal the Focusing Iris from the Blue Dragonflight, don't forget that.
    Garrosh has NEVER been nice. i never wanted him as a warchief.
    Which shows that your place is not in the Horde. A Warchief doesn't have an obligation to be nice. A Warchief is supposed to be the incarnation of Horde's power and will, not of political correctness.
    the alliance and horde were at a cold war thing during those wars against big bads.

Horde vs alliance war CANT work in WoWs lifetime. MoP has shown this. both sides hate being the loser and always want to be the winner.
    I dunno, Jedi vs. Sith worked for thousands of years of SW universe. Empire vs. republic, civilized vs. primal, order vs. chaos, it's a staple of opposite, incompatible views on life. It actually can go on forever.
    that doesnt prove a damn thing. he calls her a bitch and then does nothing about it when she stops listening to him(she never did to begin with). if he had honor he would have killed the bitch that poisoned his axe when he fought with cairne. If he had honor he would have cracked down on sylvanas for using the plague and doing stuff he didnt like.

he is has no honor.
    Doing anything to Sylvanas would put Horde's position on Eastern Kingdoms under question. And chasing after Magatha over the entire Kalimdor was the least of his priorities at the time of a freaking Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post

Which shows that your place is not in the Horde. A Warchief doesn't have an obligation to be nice. A Warchief is supposed to be the incarnation of Horde's power and will, not of political correctness.

I dunno, Jedi vs. Sith worked for thousands of years of SW universe. Empire vs. republic, civilized vs. primal, order vs. chaos, it's a staple of opposite, incompatible views on life. It actually can go on forever.

Doing anything to Sylvanas would put Horde's position on Eastern Kingdoms under question. And chasing after Magatha over the entire Kalimdor was the least of his priorities at the time of a freaking Cataclysm.
    i joined the horde in classic because they were noble savages living in a world that hated them. it was thrown out the window with garrosh.

since you brought up the star wars. The republic and empire became allies in the books later on. just really didnt talk to each other until they needed each other.

doubtful. he had a chance to kill her before she ran. what did he do? he fled to orgimmar, let magatha take over TB and then didnt help Baine take TB back. Jaina had to help baine.