Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It might be a year or more of SoO for some of you, but plenty of us will either stop raiding or cancel our subs until WoD releases. In other words, if you don't want to raid SoO for so long, then DON'T! There's absolutely nothing wrong with cancelling your subscription until the new content is ready and I think a lot of you need to learn that.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I'm actually kind happy because it means I'll have lots of time to complete challenge modes, final raid, high arena rating etc after school is done
    oh yea man you'll have all the time in the world
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least this means they'll have enough time to finish all the vanilla races and blood elf + draenei for launch.

On the positive side, I can get enough gold for my CM set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Tons to do for the developers, Not for the players
    And I never said the squish was a "feature" so I'm not sure why you put quotes on that, It is a feature, though.
    New character models and the squish aren't part of the expansion. Everyone gets those for free before the expansion comes out, whether they buy the expansion or not. So, everyone will have forgotten about them before the expansion even comes out.

Deleted
    THIS ....
    So the 20 december thing, you can bet your right arm and your mother on that being the precise release date. The 'on or earlier' part is just the right taste of bone to throw to have their rabid pack of fanboys telling everyone it will be earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    At least this means they'll have enough time to finish all the vanilla races and blood elf + draenei for launch.
    Which is exactly what I think happened. They think having only some done was more risky than a fall release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fengorn View Post
    THIS ....
    So the 20 december thing, you can bet your right arm and your mother on that being the precise release date. The 'on or earlier' part is just the right taste of bone to throw to have their rabid pack of fanboys telling everyone it will be earlier.
    While the Fall thing is certain, Watcher did say that is NOT the release date.

Not to mention its last day of Fall and a Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    New character models and the squish aren't part of the expansion. Everyone gets those for free before the expansion comes out, whether they buy the expansion or not. So, everyone will have forgotten about them before the expansion even comes out.
    People likely would've been quite mad if their race wasn't updated but others were.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Actually don't care about pixels, I always prefered content.

Well GG Blizzard. Atleast do not boast of how fast you're going to release patches and expansions if cannot fullfil your promises. 12 months for 1 patch. I'm not saying SoO is bad, I really like it, but not for a year. :/

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    I know, I didn't say any different, But it doesn't stop the fact they are still working on them, which was my point, they are currently working on a lot of stuff, hence why it takes so long, and the Models and squish are for the pre-expac patch, so they still want to get it done relatively close to the expac launch.

Not forgetting too, that they said there will be an event, which we know nothing off, so they're also working on that, I highly doubt it will be as epic as the Wrath pre launch event, that was some fun stuff lol, It will probably be rather lame, and a copy paste letter in the mailbox it "could" be something great, But I wouldn't count on it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Anyone who thought otherwise was foolish.
    I wouldn't say that it is *foolish* to, you know, believe what Blizzard says, but maybe you're right at this point. I didn't believe their whole "we're going to get content out faster" pitch when they said it. They say it almost every expansion. "We don't want another ICC... blah blah blah." They need to stop setting false expectations around xpac releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Tons to do for the developers, Not for the players
    And I never said the squish was a "feature" so I'm not sure why you put quotes on that, It is a feature, though.
    Seems I wasn't wrong then. Not sure if you're actually serious with your fanboyism or trolling. It's sad either way.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    ...and Fall starts in August.
    You have to go over halfway through Fall for it to be more than a year
    Fall starts on September 22nd or 23rd.

It's Fall, Youtube Video, Warlords website, Battle.net Store and the offical Press Release from today ALL say fall.

As already explained on Twitter, the December date is the last day of fall, and it's there for legal reasons on a pre-order.

That said, it's a fucking ridiculous date, even if it arrived on the first day of fall, a year of SoO should not be acceptable, THEY DO THIS EVERY DAMN TIME, Jeez, is it that hard to stagger patches more? I'd rather have patches spaced out more, than a giant segment with 0 new content.

There has to be new content before then, there has to be.

Subs are going to hurt pretty bad, they will go up again at release, but every time this happens Blizzard pushes away a small % of players for good, the problem is they do it time and time again, thus the small % starts creeping up again.

A lvl 90 alt, nor D3, is not content.

Fall release? This is getting ridiculous, i know they only launch when the game is ready but if so why the fuck did they said a thousand times on blue posts that WoD would be released much faster than previous expansions? I know they say that all expansions but this time they said it many, many times.

And 45€? Extra 10€ for what? The lvl 90 boost? Who said i want that in first place?

I am a big fan of Blizzard but it's starting to be too much of this kind of shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    I wouldn't say that it is *foolish* to, you know, believe what Blizzard says, but maybe you're right at this point. I didn't believe their whole "we're going to get content out faster" pitch when they said it. They say it almost every expansion. "We don't want another ICC... blah blah blah." They need to stop setting false expectations around xpac releases.
    Technically they have 1.5 years until he becomes an ICC. But we have no idea if they'll hit their timetable or not until beta hits and they get closer to a release candidate build. Blizzard hasn't set any expectations except "we'd like to get expansions out sooner". If that statement gives release dates or timetables I want what you're smoking please.

Even if they release it the first day of Fall it's a big problem. The ICC tier was also a full year long (released December 8th 2009, Cata launched December 7th 2010 according to wowwiki) and it was rightfully considered a big mistake by players, and admitted to be as much by blizzard. Plus that was with the ruby sanctum mini-patch to tide people over, and them working on redoing all the old world content. It's hard to imagine this being anything but a disaster for them.

I wonder what they're working on that will be used to explain the delay. They haven't announced anything even close to the scale of what they did for Cataclysm, even all added up.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Won't release on the 20th, i know that for a damn fact. It'll release before the 20th possibly in December but surely do know it won't release on the 20th because that is a Saturday and games don't ever release on those days. Have a gut feeling i am right and it will launch on a Tuesday as most games do.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    They will never stop presenting misleading messages.

Look at just how many suckers really thought we would get the expansion in March or even earlier or those that thought June/July. They all believed we would get content faster cause blizzard said so.

Turns out. Blizzard cannot really deliver on what they say but it will not stop them from hitting all the right hype spots to get gamers on their side to then just sink their hopes later.